Express Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview

I had a small group interview. Very laid back and they ask basic interview questions. They also make you create an outfit and present it to the group. The process took a while (about two weeks) because they couldn't get ahold of one of my references, and yes they do check them. Overall it was a good experience, I got the job, although it was seasonal, but they kept me as a permanent associate after the season.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work at express?
      What would you do if you were working on a task and a customer needed you?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday and was called the next week on Wednesday to set up an interview for that Friday. Went to the mall where the store is and had the interview right outside the store at a sitting area. Interview was very quick (less than 10 minutes). Manager said she was still pretty new to the interviewing process, so I'm thinking that's why it was as quick as it was. Basically only asked me about past work experience and why I wanted to work at Express out of all the other stores at the mall. Was pretty much hired at the end of the interview but she was waiting on a call back from one of my references. They DO call your references so make sure you let them know they're your reference and should be expecting a call. I was called back on Monday and was told to come in for orientation on Thursday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was expecting minimum wage so I accepted minimum wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

Interview

Two interviews, both were group interviews. It was pretty relaxed and it seemed like they were looking for people who were willing to work hard and cared about work and the company. They also seemed to be looking for positive, fashionable people.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

A bit confusing since their online application utilizes the same form for both sales associates & management. Was invited for an interview, was not until the very end I was informed I was being considered for a sales position not a management position. Very sketchy in regards to hourly pay, arrived 10 minutes early only to be asked to wait around for a few minutes-- turning into an entire hour.

Interview Questions

• Why Express?
      What can you bring to the company?
      Do you consider yourself a push over?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express (Wauwatosa, WI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with two other people, pretty standard questions. was offered a second interview directly in person and the day of the second interview i recieved a call being offered the job before i even went in.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express (Elizabeth, NJ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application on a Thursday I believe, and received a phone call on that Saturday. I had an interview the following Tuesday, and I start on Friday. The managers were really nice. They made everyone feel comfortable. It was a group interview. I would say dress up like you already work that. Also, they call references. It earns you brownie points if you bring a typed out reference sheet. I was the only one who brought one out of the other 2 candidates.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Express (Troy, MI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in for a interview with express and had to wait a while for another person that didn't show. The hiring manager came out and we sat on a bench by the store. It felt more like a conversation than a interview. I think I did well :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary. No benefits but I was looking for something part time for school.

Express Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Express (Brooklyn, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied for Express online and I got a call back within a week. I went to the interview and it wasn't anything like I was expecting. I had to look for the manager who made me wait. Usually when I got to interviews I am interviewed in the stock room or the back of the store. But the hiring manager interviewed me on the sales floor ! she was also talking to customers while interviewing me. it made me uncomfortable. I didnt even have to take off my coat. she also greeted me with a limp handshake. Overall, the experience was bad and unprofessional. it was a waste of time considering the interview probably only lasted about 2-3 minutes. 4 minutes max because she was talking to customers.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

Interview

I received a call for an interview about a week after I applied. It was a group interview with two other girls. We were interviewed in the food court at the mall and the interview questions were pretty much standard. I received a call with an offer to work there a week after the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Express (Garden City, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I did not receive a call for days, so I called the store for follow up, eventually I was able to speak to manager who told me I did not have enough energy. What?. The interview was one of the best retail interview I have had in a while.