Express

Updated 28 Jan 2015
Updated 28 Jan 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

I applied online. Online you filled out all of your previous work/education experience and answered some scenario questions. Got a call for an interview then had a group interview. They call your references.

Interview Questions
    She said she would call me on friday and I had to call the store to check in days later and she said I was chosen and it was min wage and if I would like to accept.

Express Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Express.

I got a call for a face to face interview. It was pretty easy just a few behavioral questions and past sales experiences. The manager asked me about 6 questions and was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • To mention a situation where i was asked to do something outside of my job description.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Express in January 2015.

I applied in mid-december & was called back for an interview mid-january. it was a group interview with three other females. I was interviewed by one of the floor managers, she was really sweet but professional. asked basic questions. after the interview, I was called back after a week & a half with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when someone has gone out of their way to help you   Answer Question
    it would be dumb to decline unless you got another job in the process but you applied for a reason. they start you up probably at minimum of you haven't worked for a wage higher than that..

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

Applied online, received a call for a group interview about a week later. I was with 2 others and asked basic questions such as previous work experience. Was told I would hear back in the next couple days but never got a call

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in your previous job when you had to take the initiative.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Express.

The interview was pretty low-key. The manager asked about my retail background and interests, as well as work-life balance and expectations for the job. He asked how I would handle different customer scenarios and what my objectives would be with each customer. I was interviewed with another potential employee, and we were both hired.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I would report a fellow employee's dishonest actions- of course I would.   Answer Question
    I doubt that there's any potential for negotiation at Express.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I put in my application and received a call about a day or so later for an interview. I set up my interview, at the time I interviewed with the store manager. I had a one on one interview with very basic questions like why express, why retail, etc. I had to give the manager two references. They did call both references. It took about two weeks or so. I'd say if you dont hear back call them - be persistent. After I was hired (and offered minimum wage,) i went through a group orientation where i did really learn much besides who shops at express and how to deal with them.

Interview Questions
    • No question was too hard, usual interview realm of questions.   Answer Question
    it was 7.25 - minimum wage - no exceptions

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was a simple online application like most things, but when you actually got an interview it was a group setting. I had three other people at mine with all fashion degrees, I was a first year engineering major. I landed the job and they didn't. It was a bizarre set up and I think the only reason I landed a job was because I found a similarity between me and the manager.

Interview Questions
    • If there is a person that is trying on clothes that are not the best fit for them and they ask you how it looks, how do you respond?   Answer Question
    I was highly paid at my last job so was able to move my pay above minimum wage

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Group interview with 10 people. Ask questions based off answers given about retail and customer service experience. Where have you worked what did you do were the obvious questions. She also gave scenario in the work environment questions and asked question to see just how much knowledge of the store we had like reward programs and stuff.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I applied and got a call about two weeks later, I had a group interview with 4 other girls. It was a very relaxed interview, there were no really difficult questions. I made sure that I dressed in more formal clothing. Overall, an easy interview. My only advice would be to just relax and be yourself, don't be afraid to talk and I would also ask questions towards the end so that it shows your interest.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Express in November 2014.

I applied online, completed an assessment, and received a call for an interview a couple of days later. I had an interview with the co manager and with one other candidate (group interview). The questions were very general, Tell me about yourself, Why Express, Tell me about your past employer, tell me about a time you handled an unhappy customer, and what kind of customer service would you like when you shop in a store. She opened the floor for questions and asked for a reference. I had a reference page printed out for her and it was very helpful that I did when my first reference didnt answer she had two others to contact. She told us we have the opportunity to become permanent if we perform well and described the culture there. She informed us that she would be in contact with our references the next day and we would hear from her by the next two days. About 30 minutes after I left I received a call offering the position and scheduling orientation. I also wore the brand to the interview and she instantly recognized it as well as other associates in the store so I would wear it if you can. I dressed professionally.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, Why Express, Tell me about your past employer, tell me about a time you handled an unhappy customer, and what kind of customer service would you like when you shop in a store   Answer Question