Express Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2014

2.1

195 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

seen the instore ad, applied on line got a call aweek later. i was suppose to have a group inter veiw but she gave me a one on one since couldnt make it

Interview Questions
  • what is the differince between coustomer service and coustomer experice   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Express

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Express.

I had a group interview of about 4 other candidates. It was fairly informal and relaxed. As long as you express your interest and experience for fashion and retail you will be set. I think the key is to share your thoughts but also let other candidates speak and listen to what they have to say.

Interview Questions
    • What was a difficult situation you had to face in a past work experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, got a call a couple weeks later. I actually missed the call and had to call them back. They asked me to come in the next Monday for an interview. It was really comfortable and fun because all the workers at Express recognized me because I shop there ALOT and I always get compliments on my outfits and looks when I go there. It was a small interview just me and another boy, was asked to introduce ourselves and two scenario customer questions, and then the interviewer explained to us alittle about Express and the interview was done in 20 minutes!! Got a call back today and I was offered the job and to come to orientation this monday!! ( they have to call your references in order to offer you the job so I actually had all my references call the store, and they seemed to appreciate that ALOT! )

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express.

So at first i applied online and the next day i came into the store just to make my face seen and to have them remember me by something! they actually told me to come in that same day for an interview and they called me back 2 days later! it was a group interview

Interview Questions
    • i had no history in retail at all so all of the questions were tough for me   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Express.

I had one interview who was looking for the "look" of express, now I guess I must be good looking enough to work there cus they want you to look good in their clothes.

Interview Questions
    • I started out not knowing anything, so they ask questions like how you work under stress and pressure.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Express in October 2014.

I applied online, and I got a call back within the next day. We scheduled an interview the next couple days, and it was a group interview. It went fairly well, the manager was super nice and she made the interview as casual as possible. She wanted us to be comfortable in order to show our true character, and in the end all 4 of us were hired. After the interview, she had a professional reference from each of us call her, and the following sunday we all were able to go to orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite express model, and why does the express brand define you as a fashion forward individual?   Answer Question
    Considering I had previous job experience, she was able to give me a $.50 increase but thats it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Express.

I applied online before they start to open the store in Richmond. I went to the group interview a few weeks after. They contacted all of my references and got the job offer.

Sales Associate Interview

There was only one interview for me. The interview was held as a group interview. Us candidates were asked questions by the store manager. I would recommend sitting closer towards the front, it shows initiative and a real interest to work for the company!

Interview Questions
    • The store manager had an old shoe laying around, and we were tasked to pretend sell it. The manager watched how we tried to talk up the item and relate it to the customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD (US)

interviewed at Express in September 2014.

I came in and it was a pretty basic interview. It started off with getting to know me and that stuff. They asked me about their companies' goals and stuff like that. In the end, dont negotiate your salary if you do not have any prior experience working as a sales associate anywhere else.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Express in September 2014.

Applied online and got a call a few days later for Interview. I did my research and figured it would be a piece of cake. However none of the questions I was expecting were asked. The manager spent most of the time talking about the company, then proceeded to ask us one company we would not recommend to others and then one that we would. Then she asked about the last job we had and said she'll call if she was interested.