Express Scripts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

IT Programmer/Analyst Interview

interviewed at Express Scripts in October 2012.

Interview was done through a 3rd party staffing agency; was very easy; 2 phonecalls and then a face to face meeting. Most of the consultant arrangements have a 2 year lockout period... the company likes to keep more consultants than employees; if you work very hard then they may offer you a position.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions based on my experience; interviewer was able to quickly assess the skill set.   Answer Question
    don't aim too low but the experience is very good

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in September 2014.

Took a month with two assessments. Was granted an on site interview with two hiring managers. The in person interview was mostly Star type questions with a role playing a customer/advocate position. Little to no direction was given. Interview was basically a list of the job hours( full operating hours) and then asking questions about behavior. At the conclusion of the interview the hiring manager stated that she offered me a position with the call center and that my job offer letter would come via email on Friday. Friday came and went and no offer letter. Attempted to call hiring manager and rep has not returned any calls or emails. I am shocked by how little respect this company has for its word.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   View Answer

Data Entry Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Express Scripts in August 2013.

You come in and do a data entry test. If you pass someone comes and takes you to another room to do a brief general interview. If they like what you have to say you are taken to another office to meet with a higher up for a more in depth interview. This all happened in one day.

Interview Questions

The hours are not for me.

Resource Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in November 2012.

Panel interview with the standard questions. No real surprises. Local staff interviewed me following an phone interview by the hiring manager and director who lived in other locations. Local site opinion was as important as hiring manager and director.

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Communicating only through email so far which is nice, as I usually am busy throughout the day and will miss calls. The emails also give 24 hours to finish a task, and they get back in a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • Only gotten through the assessments thus far. he only irritating part is answer the same questions several different times, as with most job assessments.   Answer Question
    actually still in the application process. A few weeks in. Seems promising.

Production Clerk Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Basic interview questions. The typical, what did you like about your last job, and what you didn't like. Once, you get hired it will take forever to get access to areas. They use and outside vendor.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation with the production clerk position.

Underwriter Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Express Scripts.

Hiring has changed. Finance is interested only in individuals from high ranking colleges. The interview process is multi-phased and requires that the individual be seen as a person who is a good 'culture' fit. Prefers younger people who are willing to work for less to gain experience and won't complain about the enormous amount of hours.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in August 2014.

Interview Process included multiple telephone interviews followed by multiple in-person interviews. Job description for position was not accurate and differences were not identified early enough in the process to allow candidate to adjust focus. Everybody was extremely pleasant and professional!

Make sure you can relate your experience to their job description (easier when the job you apply for is the one they interview you for). They really want leadership qualifications! The technical IT environment is highly evolved, but management of the functions is lagging behind.

Interview Questions
    • What metrics have you used to track budget on past programs or projects? Difficult because I was unable to tell what they meant; do you mean earned value management, or do you want to know how numbers were arrived at on a past project? Several questions were "fuzzy" and meant to elicit personality traits.   View Answer

IT Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Express Scripts in October 2013.

I didn't have an official interview, however I heard that there are two or three interviews for this internship. I did have a short phone question-answer session, where we discussed my strengths in IT and what I would like to take away from this opportunity.

I was offered a hourly wage, and I asked for a slightly higher wage, and was approved.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

At the time Pharmacist were in high demand not a tuff interview, so the did not ask very many questions, only when I could start and if I needed time off soon.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient   Answer Question

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!