Exxon Mobil

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Senior Research Scientist

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details I was selected for a campus interview. I was asked to describe my research background, no behavior question.

Interview Question – All technique questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details On campus interview. The interviewer was really nice and patient. We talked a lot about the coursework and the research experience I had within the past few years. I have really a lot of diverse and interesting research opportunities. After the interview, I haven't heard from them for the next round.

Interview Question – I would say it is pretty technical. The interviewer knows a lot about what he is dealing with, and I tried to sell my research ideas as much as possible.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in November 2013.

Interview Details I went through a recruiter at a hiring conference. I was interviewing for 3 potential positions. Based on my preferences of big/small city, office/refinery, travel, etc... That narrowed down what specific position they would interview for. All three interviewers were polite/professional, and got right to the point.

I was not selected for an on site follow on interview.

They were primarily looking for leadership/project management.

They asked about my strengths, I said I was analytical and they asked for an example where I applied it.

Interview Question – What's your most significant leadership accomplishment?   Answer Question

GREF Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details One Campus interview- about 30 minutes. Mostly all behavioral questions. I think my interview went ok but I was under the impression from the start that Exxon rarely hires for the GREF department but will still sometimes "check out" a candidate. I wasnt even interviewing for a specific position, just the GREF dept in general which is why you'll notice I listed a department for as the job title.

Interview Question – over coming challenges with a team mate.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in October 2013.

Interview Details I submitted my application on the University's carrer link and then got a campus interview, lasting about 30-40 mins. Based on the resume, asking some behavioral questions, such as the most challenge task, how to work as a team player. The interviewer is nice, but I got no offer after one week.

Interview Question – behavioral questions, such as the most challenge task, how to work as a team player.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Exxon Mobil

Interview Details Campus interview, phone-interview, and 1 day site interview with multiple current employees.

Interview Question – The questions weren't overly difficult. It was more geared to ensuring the personality and interests matched the company.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer
Fawley, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details First there was an online application with a couple of competency questions. Get through that there's a numerical reasoning online test which is by kinexa. No tricks here just need to practice with more than just SHL. It's more difficult than that.
Next stage is the competency based 1:1 interview at their head quarters in Fawley.
I made it to the final stage months after my application so i assume I wasn't one of the first batch of interview offers.

Interview could've been better but I had exams so didn't give 100%. Not a fan of the Fawley base either.

Interview Question – No technical questions. They were all competency
The toughest one was about giving an example of a time when you failed at something. It's tough to pick something that still makes you look good
  Answer Question

Refining, Chemicals & EMEEL Graduate Scheme Interview

Fawley, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in November 2013.

Interview Details The process involved an online personality test, phone and a face to face interview. The phone and face to face interviews contained standard competency based questions. Both of them were conducted in a pleasant laid back manner and the interviewer attempted to make it as easy as possible for me to get across the relevant information.

I felt my phone interview went really poorly but was possibly redeemed by giving an extra example at the end when asked if there was any other areas that I felt hadn't been covered.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you had to make a decision without having all the relevant information?   Answer Question

Computer Engineering Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Exxon Mobil.

Interview Details The man who interviewed me was very easy to talk with. The initial interview had multiple personality questions. How did you handle a tough situation? When was there a point where you had to complete a task without the resources needed to finish? The interview was an hour long. It took about a month and a half to hear back from them on a job offer. However, because the interns from my college were coming back for another summer, they were unable to offer me a position.

Interview Question – When was there a point where you had to complete a task without the resources needed to complete the task?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Clinton, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Exxon Mobil in November 2013.

Interview Details Interviews included a 60 min 1:1 campus interview, a 60 min phone interview, and a full day on-site interview. The on-site interview started with an HR interview followed by my 60 minute seminar. I then had 6 45 min 1:1 interviews and a site tour. The campus interviewer seemed distracted and rushed, but my other experiences were positive. Questions were both technical and behavioral.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain part of my work that was not the main focus, to determine how fully I understand the overall process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did no negotiating based on comments I saw here and by comparing my offer to a friend's offer who already works there.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Exxon Mobil