ExxonMobil International Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2014
Updated Jun 26, 2014

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

First round interview with 2 ExxonMobil employees who had been with the company for 5 years. Asked for several examples for the one question

Interview Questions
    • give an example of conflict when you were a team leader?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2009.

Interview at university, then a phone follow up, followed by another interview at the head office. Inital interviews were with a senior engineer and follow up interviews with no less than two people, Each candidate had a buddy who would look after us during the interview process. Very professional organisation and I would recommend to anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us why you think you should get this role?   View Answer
    No negotiation, was standard graduate package.

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2010.

Very rigid interview process. There was a list of "suggested" questions which we worked our way through. Two people interviewed in the first interview. Was very routine and not much chance to see the personalities of the interviewers and whether you would be able to work with them. When asked questions they tried to answer as best they could, but came across as quite vague. Job description was not the best. Felt like you were signing up for a brand. After 1st interview, then drug tests and medicals. Once the results came back, then 2nd interview. 2nd interview conducted by 2 people. More of a meet and greet, but also ran through the importance of procedures and controls (dont kid yourself - this is major!). Asked for any conflicts of interest.

Interview Questions
    Did not feel like there was any room to negotiate so did not try to do so.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Had to pass a numerical test first. Was not difficult but the issue was limited timing. Later I was invited for the 1st round interview. It was a behavioral interview (they can come up with some questions that are quite difficult to answer immediately). Later on the same day I received an invitation for the 2nd round interview with the manager and the supervisor. Again was a behavioral interview with bunch of tricky questions. Both interviews were with very nice people in a very nice and not depressing environment.

Interview Questions
    • An example when you had to learn smth in very limited time.
      An example when you didn't keep your promise.
        Answer Question
    Salary was no negotiable, take it or leave it offer

Procurement Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

My professor emailed me saying they needed an intern. I submitted my resume to him and then I went through two face-to-face interviews and a phone interview for the internship. I was hired full-time after my internship.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offer without negotiations.

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Online application and psychometric testing.
    20 min phone interview.
    One hour face-to-face interview.
    Assessment Centre

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Budapest (Hungary)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2012.

telephone interview with the HR, face to face interview with a manager

Interview Questions
    • to rate myself on different areas mentioning examples from real life   View Answer
    there was no choice for an intern :)

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

online application with CV. Then, face to face interview in their office. Competency based questions, such as my achievement, give example, elaborate it and specifically tell them how I deal with certain situation.They asked according to my resume so be familiar with what you have written.

Interview Questions
    • something like IQ question I guess, "how to do you fill a shopping mall with tennis balls? stated your assumptions"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in February 2013.

I first met with a campus recruiter at the engineering job fair on campus. I went through my resume and talked about my research experience that I did the summer after my Freshman year. I got an on campus interview where I was asked the normal STAR questions about working with others and past experiences. Then, the interviewer asked about my interests and where I see my career going. I told her what I was interested in and she said I would fit well in the department and that she would pass my information along to them to see if they could find a spot for me. A few months later, I was contacted by the recruiter for the department who told me I would be flown to headquarters for a second interview with said department. The second interview consisted of three interviews with three different people, including a very senior level executive.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions specific to what I was interviewing for, even though it was outside of my topic of study at school.   Answer Question
    The salary is so competitive, I would not advise negotiating for intern positions.

Intern Interview

The interview was not hard. They pretty much decided on you. If you get the interview, it is highly likely you will get it. It is afterall just an internship position.

Interview Questions

Worked for ExxonMobil International? Contribute to the Community!