ExxonMobil International

Getting the Interview

55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details First round interview with 2 ExxonMobil employees who had been with the company for 5 years. Asked for several examples for the one question

Interview Question – give an example of conflict when you were a team leader?   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Melbourne

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2009.

Interview Details Interview at university, then a phone follow up, followed by another interview at the head office. Inital interviews were with a senior engineer and follow up interviews with no less than two people, Each candidate had a buddy who would look after us during the interview process. Very professional organisation and I would recommend to anyone.

Interview Question – Tell us why you think you should get this role?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, was standard graduate package.

Controller Interview

Melbourne

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2010.

Interview Details Very rigid interview process. There was a list of "suggested" questions which we worked our way through. Two people interviewed in the first interview. Was very routine and not much chance to see the personalities of the interviewers and whether you would be able to work with them. When asked questions they tried to answer as best they could, but came across as quite vague. Job description was not the best. Felt like you were signing up for a brand. After 1st interview, then drug tests and medicals. Once the results came back, then 2nd interview. 2nd interview conducted by 2 people. More of a meet and greet, but also ran through the importance of procedures and controls (dont kid yourself - this is major!). Asked for any conflicts of interest.

Interview Question – Exposure to procedures and controls   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not feel like there was any room to negotiate so did not try to do so.

Graduate Position Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details Online application and psychometric testing.
20 min phone interview.
One hour face-to-face interview.
Assessment Centre

Interview Question – Why did you choose your degree course?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Budapest (Hungary)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in November 2012.

Interview Details telephone interview with the HR, face to face interview with a manager

Interview Question – to rate myself on different areas mentioning examples from real life   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no choice for an intern :)

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at ExxonMobil International.

Interview Details online application with CV. Then, face to face interview in their office. Competency based questions, such as my achievement, give example, elaborate it and specifically tell them how I deal with certain situation.They asked according to my resume so be familiar with what you have written.

Interview Question – something like IQ question I guess, "how to do you fill a shopping mall with tennis balls? stated your assumptions"   Answer Question

Fairfax, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in February 2013.

Interview Details I first met with a campus recruiter at the engineering job fair on campus. I went through my resume and talked about my research experience that I did the summer after my Freshman year. I got an on campus interview where I was asked the normal STAR questions about working with others and past experiences. Then, the interviewer asked about my interests and where I see my career going. I told her what I was interested in and she said I would fit well in the department and that she would pass my information along to them to see if they could find a spot for me. A few months later, I was contacted by the recruiter for the department who told me I would be flown to headquarters for a second interview with said department. The second interview consisted of three interviews with three different people, including a very senior level executive.

Interview Question – I was asked questions specific to what I was interviewing for, even though it was outside of my topic of study at school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is so competitive, I would not advise negotiating for intern positions.

Interviewed at ExxonMobil International

Interview Details The interview was not hard. They pretty much decided on you. If you get the interview, it is highly likely you will get it. It is afterall just an internship position.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Exxonmobil   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil International in January 2011.

Interview Details 1. phone interview
2. onsite interview which is basic a short conversation with supervisor

Interview Question – Introduce yourself   Answer Question

Interviewed at ExxonMobil International

Interview Details quick and easy, no hard questions mostly interpersonal

Interview Question – no hardballs   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ExxonMobil International

Worked for ExxonMobil International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ExxonMobil International interview questions and advice. All 55 interview reviews are posted anonymously by ExxonMobil International employees and interview candidates.