ExxonMobil Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014
264 interviews

Network Infrastrue Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

On campus recruiting. We filled out paperwork both on our campus webpage as well as the exxonmobil web page. We were selected for on campus interview. Made it through round one interviews, and continued onto round two. After that, 3 people were selected out of my entire university for an internship. The year I applied there were 58,809 students.

Procurement Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Gave some preliminary tests and had a preliminary interview with recruiting agency.Actual interview with departament manager was long of almost 2 hrs, being asked from the typical questions to the more specific regarding certain situations trying to demonstrate skills and knowledge.Second interview with GM, was shorter and based on previous discussion.

Negotations of salary package was held afterwards based on my input on expected pay.

IT Project Manager Interview

Hired from college. They only hire college graduates in the IT Company. Onsite interview. Second interview consist of a few interviews onsite. The interview process was pretty easy going. They are interviewing you to see if you fit in the exxonmobil culture. Your grades and activities shows whether are not you can do the work.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember. IT was a pretty easy going interview   Answer Question

Upstream Researcher Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

I had an interview at an campus job fair. I think all PhDs got an interview opportunity. The interview are all behavior questions. the interview took question from a booklet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you have multiple solutions/choice. which one did you take, and why?   Answer Question

Geoscience Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

There was one interview only. The structure was half discussion about items on my resume and half STAR questions. The interviewer wrote down almost every response I had, and also took notes about my attire, smiling, general disposition. He wrote almost 2 pages of notes in the hour session. He gave me a combination of specific situation questions and open-ended questions that allowed me to talk about any achievement or experience I had in mind. Some people warned me that my particular interviewer was very mechanical or impersonal, but I felt he was very professional and was personal enough. I really enjoyed speaking with him.

Interview Questions
    • After a set of specific questions, he asked: "Ok now while I write down some notes, I'd like to come up with a few items that we may have missed. Anything at all you want to mention."   View Answer
    No negotiation for the internship offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaumont, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2013.

I applied for an internship on the company's website and via NSBE through a scholarship opportunity. I was contacted by the Baton Rouge location within about 3 weeks after submitting an application. The process of setting up a phone interview took about a week. During the interview I was asked questions such as past leadership roles, most liked/disliked subject and why, and future goals and interests. I didn't hear back from Exxon for almost an entire two months. Then out of the blue, I was contacted by the Exxon Beaumont location so set up another interview. I was asked similar questions during this phone interview. Another 2 weeks passed by then I was asked if I would like to accept an offer to intern during the summer. This entire process (day of application submission to receiving an offer) lasted from October to December.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Antwerp (Belgium)
    Anonymous Employee in Antwerp (Belgium)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2014.

The interview took place at the antwerp refinery. Basic interview questions were asked to see if I have the right attitude to work for exxon. Why exxon? Give a situation in life where you had to make a tough decision? Have you also applied somewhere else? Are you a good team-player, show with an example. interview took 40 minutes

Interview Questions
    • set up a mathematical formula for the number of diagonals in polygon.   Answer Question

Procurement Assistant ( Intern ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in April 2012.

The interview was conducted by two supervisors. In the beginning, it is the self-introduction followed by answering the questions from your resume. The talk is quite casual and interviewers are very nice. The entire interview takes about 1 hour to finish.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in procurement department as you are an engineering student?   View Answer
    N.A.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Exxon Mobil was recruiting at my university; applied on the university's job board and got called back for an interview a week later. Business formal attire, did not get the position. All behavioral; this interview is meant to test you as a person

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite class so far? What is your least favorite and why?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

If you interview at campus you get offer to visit and get hosted by relatively new employee. Then you sen he day doing 3-4 interviews. These will typically be by one second line supervisor, a senior technical, department head, and finally business manager. If you do great you can get a spot offer.

Interview Questions
    • During these site visits the managers get to ask whatever they want. Some keep it to conversation and some may choose to do a situational interview.   Answer Question
    As a new hire not sure how much negotiation one will really do.