ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct 2014
Updated 23 Oct 2014

IT Analyst Interview

The interview consisted of a thorough background explanation and then a series of behavioral questions. My interviewer had a specific amount of time to interview me and only had about three questions that they had to have answered. There were no technical questions at all. The only technicalities discussed were during my explanation of my experience.

Chemical Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Went to a career fair my university hosted and gave them my resume. I applied on the career center website and the ExxonMobil website. I got an interview 2 weeks later. The interview was pleasant but I had an ominous feeling about it as soon as I walked in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were promised a resource and did not get it. How did you continue the project without the resource?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

Originated at career fair. Was told that if I was chosen for an interview I would receive an email THAT NIGHT in which I would be given further instructions about attending their info sessions the next day. At the end of the info session they gave everyone their interview dates, times, and interviewer name. The interview was on campus. Standard behavioral type questions with a couple 'getting to know you' questions thrown in. If you prepare, it's not difficult. Was told at the end of that interview that I would receive an email in a week or so that let me know I made it to the second round or not. If so, it would be a phone interview. I'm still waiting on the email as of now.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had difficulty getting someone in your group to do as you asked.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Met the recruiter at university career fair. Got called that evening to set up an interview next day on campus. The interviewer was friendly and polite. Questions were mostly on my PhD research. All questions we based on the resume. No behavioral questions. Last 5-10 minutes were for the Q&A session. I was told that if selected for the onsite interview I would be contacted in a week or so via email.

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Interview set up through a campus recruiter.

It was about 1 hour long mostly behavioral questions. Mostly about team work and leadership. Interviewer was very nice. I was told I will be hearing a from them in one or two weeks, so I am waiting.

Research Engineer Interview

interviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

I applied through campus career fair. The interview consists of two parts. The first part is to talk about my research. The second part is behavioral questions. The behavioral questions include: talk about your leadership, teamwork, what's the most creative part of your research, how you deal with argument with others, etc.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Done through campus recruiting. Saw them at a career fair and received information to interview a few weeks later. Interview was very structured and behavioral based. There were many other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • How was your transition to college?
      Name a time when you came up with an innovative solution to a problem.
      How do you work with teams?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Talked to them at engineering career fair and also submitted resume through career center. Got interview notification in the second week after the career fair. The interview was on the third week, and consisted of four behavioral questions, about team leadership and time/task management. The questions were not difficult but I didn't do well. I also asked the interviewer a few questions. The total time length was 50min. The rejection email came in two weeks after the interview.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Spoke with a lady at the career fair who got me an interview that same week on campus. I was asked mostly behavioral questions. Was told the next step would be a phone interview. Never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you experienced a technical problem and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

ExxonMobil Engineer Interview

I applied online and received an email from the recruiting captain at my school. I also applied on my school's career website. I interviewed in a small cubicle with an engineer. The interviewer mainly looked at my resume, chose a piece of resume, then asked for an example of me doing something during that activity. They'll ask you why their company, and my suggestion is to copy down phrases from the website, from alumni you talk to, and from the company website to use later when asked about the company. I've found it more comfortable to include the things an alumni told me when I answer this.

Watch your body posture even when your mind is preoccupied with the question at hand. If you are moving too stiffly or abruptly you will come off as tense. If you rarely wear your dress clothes, wear them before the interview at least once for a few hours so you don't feel to stiff or confined in them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you motivated your team.

Tell me about how you problem solved in this experience on your resume.

Why ExxonMobil?

Why did you choose your major?
        View Answer