ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 16 Nov 2014
Updated 16 Nov 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through the school. After I applied to hey contacted me for an on campus interview. I then interviewed on campus. Within two weeks I was told that my file had been accepted and sent to hiring managers. Then I was told in a week that I was being flown out for on site interviews. Got offer at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you worked in a group and group members disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Exxonmobil hosted an info session at our University. Networked with the recruiter (alumni of our program) obtained an interview the next day. Very easy going and conversational guy, we talked for about an hour and twenty minutes about leadership. Several behavioral based questions implemented into the conversation with several questions regarding classes I've taken whether I liked them or not. Not my best interview but I received a verbal offer the following day. What they are truly looking for in these interviews is cultural fit. They like competitive, performance driven, very confident, strong leadership potential, and analytical backgrounds. In these interviews true personalities should be projected.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to convince a coworker to do something your way to complete a project   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use analytical skills to make a decision   Answer Question
    No negotiation but when considering offer be ready for a challenge. Very structured, competitive, high performance work environment

Intern Interview

Easy interview on campus. Mostly behavioral questions and resume review. The people were very pleasant. Make sure that you come with a lot of questions and are comfortable transferring to Texas in the summer.

Systems Analyst Interview

Applied online and received a request for an interview through school job search page. Interviewed on site, was a very straight forward behavioral interview. Interviewer was very nice and informative. He told me about what roles I might be performing on site and a little more about what the internship process would be like.

Intern Interview

Interview was conducted on my University Campus and afterwards was a phone interview. It was set up through my career center so i just basically had to select a time slot and show up ready to interview. The interviewer was nice, polite, and soft spoken, however seemed knowledgeable and had the management position to make this assumption.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard for a behavioral interview. The only thing that made me think for a minute was, "what was your worst class ever". this was unexpected because most interviews would ask the contrary question of "what is your favorite class" which was not asked through the course of this interview.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

A good balance of technical and behavioral questions. Asked about research, challenge, group work. Nothing unexpected. I was nervous before the interview. But the interviewer was nice. After my self introduction, I completely left the nervousness behind. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • How did you convince your team members to follow your idea?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Two rounds of interviews, second round is an office visit. You meet a lot of people, all of which are very friendly. They love talking about their experience. Have questions ready for them.

IPS - Industrial Placement Scheme Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

CV submission
    difficult numerical test - SHL
    Phone interview
    face-to-face competency-based interview - this is were it all comes down to, all they look for is a confident leader, radiate calmness and confidence

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Applied for a position online. Was phoned up for an interview a few weeks after a networking session. General questions were asked regarding specific information included in the curriculum vitae, so be sure to be familiar with whatever stuff you included. Interviewers were generally friendly and informative. Whole process was enjoyable for the first round.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in October 2014.

Talk to them at my school's career fair, then set up and interview. Interviewer was very relaxed and friendly. Went over my resume briefly, then asked general behavioral questions. Each interviewer had a 4 pages of questions and picked one per page to write about. Focused on leadership and autonomy

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you initiated a project and lead throughout?   Answer Question