ExxonMobil Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
Updated Aug 14, 2014
264 interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Beaumont, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Flown to Beaumont, TX for an interview. HR was great taking care of all the accommodations. Interview was a full day. Talked to potential co-workers as well as potential direct supervisor and his boss. Fairly technical questions and why I wanted to move to Beaumont, etc. Thought I was a shoo-in since I have family in Beaumont, and really, who wants to move to Beaumont? However, did not get job offer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kaplan, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kaplan, LA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2013.

I filled out an application and was called into the office by the manager to discuss qualifications for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very simple to understand pertaining to the job.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Took about a month from the initial interview. Asked a ton of behavioral based interview. They really want to see if you are a good fit for the company. The way the company operates is that they don't want to hire you for a job but a career. So make sure you know your resume front and back and can speak articulately about your experiences.

Gas and Power Marketing-Graduate Scheme Interview

Online tests and phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you had to give negative feedback to someone   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil in November 2010.

Interview took a full day; interviewed with 8 different attorneys; went to lunch with 2--was an opportunity for me to ask questions that would not be shared with those making the hiring decision

Interview Questions
    • Why wasn't your class rank better than it was? (I thought this was a rude question, under the circumstances)   Answer Question
    Offer was well above my minimums on all accounts; didn't negotiate

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at ExxonMobil in February 2014.

3 interviews, one on university campus, one phone interview and then one on-site interview at Houston. The entire process took 4 months from first round interview to the third round on-site interview. Received an offer 2 days after my final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • No question were particularly difficult, they were all behavior type questions. Most of which were geared towards how to work in a team environment.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, didn't need to, offer and benefits were better than other companies.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

interviewed at ExxonMobil in March 2014.

The hiring process was great just the typical contracting processes, and the interview was really nice very nice people very humanic, I felt very comfortable with them, you get a couple of questions in different situations and should answer them based of your experience of life, could be at job, school anything.

Interview Questions
    • Maybe if in my last someone did not like my job, what I did.   View Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

The hiring process was as follows 1. on site career fair interview 2. phone call interview3. on site. It is a typical behavioral interview. Exxon Mobil specifically looks for engineers with social and leadership skills with a high willingness to travel to generally anywhere. They will test you on all of these fronts.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral question: Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person. How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2013.

Was my first interview for an internship so I was not entirely sure what to expect. The interviewer was very professional - no deviation from the script. "The first question is... The second question is..." No real interaction/conversation between the two of us. Strictly questions and answers. All of the questions were behavioral, but I didn't have any experience at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you demonstrated yourself as a leader in a culturally diverse environment? Tell me about a time where you resolved a conflict between you and a coworker?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Easy as can be. Asked very basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What can you bring to this company that others can not?