ExxonMobil Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
Updated 22 Oct 2014

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

I applied online before the recruiter came to my school. Late afternoon (dinner time) on the day before the interview, the recruiter gave us a presentation about the company as well as the recruiting process. My interview with ExxonMobil was on the day after the info session. The recruiter was pretty nice. We basically walked through my resume. She asked questions based on the resume or some clarifications of my resume. I felt relaxed during the whole interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Their was no difficult questions once you know your resume well (of course).   Answer Question

Internship Interview

It was a 30 minute, on campus interview which focused on my resume and interest in being a geologist. At the end I was asked to fill out an application online.

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

The interview was filled with behavioral questions, pretty easy nothing tricky. The best way to respond is to give personal examples; prepare stories beforehand. Do a lot of research so you can ask intelligent questions about specifics of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Not a very difficult question, just saying why would they should hire you.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I went to their information session and got a phone call about campus interview in one or two days. The interview process lasted about 50 mins. I'll waiting for their response.

Interview Questions
    • It is not very formal, and the questions include research as well as two behavioral questions. Nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

Very friendly interviewer. She told me a lot about what she does at Exxon, and even her involvement in the community. After introducing herself, she asked a variety of questions. Most seemed to be related to teamwork and conflicts. It seemed very easy to talk to her because it was very personal and relaxed.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

I applied through my schools career website before the career fair. I was given the opportunity to sign up for an interview and did so. At the end of the interview, which was all standard behavioral, the interviewer said in 3 or 4 weeks I might hear from a Site Coordinator about a further phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you can do convince someone or a team to go with your idea.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

I did not have any in-person contact with the interviews before the interview date. I was emailed about 10 days prior to the interview and told to pick a timeslot on my college career website. I just picked the time and it was approved. I showed up and participated in the 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why shouldn't you work for us? Why would you be bad for the company?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil in September 2014.

I got an interview through career center on campus. I was invited to a one on one interview then I had a phone interview for specific sites. All of the interviews were not stressful events. They made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straightforward. They wanted to see how you worked with others and experiences that you had.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ExxonMobil.

The interview was very short and took only 15 minutes. It was quite simple, and there were 2 interviewers. Interviewers would ask you to give specific examples in your answers at the beginning.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Met at a career fair and only talked briefly but handed the recruiter my resume. Was invited to an informal lunch interview where we were introduced to the company and were able to ask any questions we had. Students were given the chance to tell about our experience. Subsequently invited for a formal interview on campus. Interview consisted of fairly standard behavioral interview questions. "Tell me about a time when..." A week or so later I was informed that I had been recommended to move on and eventually got a call from a location in Houston where I had a final phone interview before receiving an offer.

Interview Questions
    • In the phone interview I was asked what my technical strengths were.   Answer Question
    As it was an internship and the compensation was several times better than anywhere else I had heard of I did not attempt to negotiate.