Eze Software

Getting the Interview

144 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied through their careers page in February and got an email from HR to schedule for a phone interview. The HR representative called 30 minutes late, was rude and I felt like I was being rushed off. Basic questions about resume and why Eze. He explained what LDP is to me which was, as I found later on, actually very different from the actual program tracks. Said that the next round of interviews will be a Skype interview, which I found weird considering that I live in the Boston area. I got an email the next day inviting me to the Boston office for an in-person interview. I felt like the HR department, at this point, was quite disorganized and not in sync with the whole company in general.

I met 1:1 with three different managers, 2 from Connectivity and 1 from QA, which are both LDP tracks that are based in Boston. Basic questions: why did you pick your major, why Eze, why the financial technology sector, why should we hire you, why finance. The connectivity track required a few months of overnight shifts to support APAC clients. One of the interviewers was focused on case questions, and this is where if you are not a business major, you're basically screwed. He asked about business and operational procedures, which I don't know much about as I am not a business major. Two interviewers asked me 3 logic questions each.

I found it odd that all 3 managers have not worked anywhere else but Eze and all graduated from the development program. They've all worked at Eze for a while, ranging from 5-8 years. The LDP is designed to churn out 'business consultants', which to be quite frank, sounded like a hybrid of a sales/relationship manager. If this is what you're looking for, this program is for you. I believe that going through the program locks you into the company because you get so specialized in their products and business operations that it's hard to really market yourself for a job elsewhere.

Interview Question – - Logic questions: 2 strings and a match, golf balls, gold bags filled with real and fake gold coins, 4 people on a bridge, lightbulbs and switches, how many text messages are sent a year, 8 golf balls
- A few different case questions about how you would improve business or organizational processes with technology
  Answer Question

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Eze Software in April 2014.

Interview Details Initial phone interview asking basic questions about experience and resume. Waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details I interviewed in January 2014. The first interview was a 30 minute phone interview and asked me basic questions such as why I chose the company and mostly questions based off of my resume and work experiences. The second interview was an hour and a half time frame interviewing with three different people. A lot of the questions they asked were why I wanted to work for Eze, what I knew about the company and the products it had to offer, etc. They also asked a set of behavioral questions about my work experiences.

Interview Question – What do I know about the products the company has to offer?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied through Campus website. Called about three weeks later to do a phone interview. A few weeks after the phone interview I was moved on to a Skype interview with two managers. This was an awful idea. The connection was terrible on their end. They asked me a bunch of ridiculous questions - mostly behavioral. I then had an interview in their Chicago office, which is in a nice location, but the office itself is dark and desolate. During the in-person interview I met with three people. All of them had their phones out and were receiving text messages while I was trying to interview. They were mostly uninterested in what I had to say. A couple weeks later I received an offer. The pay is just okay for the area I'd be required to live in. I was mostly turned off after learning about what the job entails and ended up declining.

This job is mostly tech support. If that's your thing then this COULD be for you. If you don't want to be tech support, run away. You really don't need a business degree to do this job from what I understood.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They really fool you with the whole "leadership development program" nonsense.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in January 2014.

Interview Details After submitting my application, had an initial phone screen - very basic expected questions. Good to know as much as you can about the company. After this, I had two 45 minute skype interviews with two different employees. Both asked pretty similar questions - again more of the same behavioral stuff. Be able to talk about past experiences and how it relates to the job. Finally, there was an on-site round where I talked with two upper level employees for an hour each. More of the same stuff really. Had one brainteaser in there which was pretty simple.

Interview Question – Think of the worst person you've ever worked with. What would they say about you?   Answer Question

Connectivity Consultant Interview

Connectivity Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in February 2014.

Interview Details On campus interview, 2 behavioral 30 minute interviews with 2 logic questions a piece. Otherwise straight behavioral. In office, 4 interviews lasting about 2 hours in total. Logic questions in each one with primarily behavioral otherwise. Focus on what they desire- solving problems and communication skills

Interview Question – Look up frequent riddles and brain teaser   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other job opportunity

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details The company does an initial phone interview screen which is fairly basic. This is followed up (if they like you) with an in person interview at their office at your expense. Then if you get passed that stage there is 2nd round interview.

Interview Question – Brainteasers-The barrel question   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details Applied via job portals, got a call from Boston based HR. First round was kind of fluctuating as the interviewer was asking some irrelevant questions. Overally the interview was good and got the call for face to face round. Interview was straight forward and gone well. There was another face to face round with same interviewer and few other folks. Finally there was a director level interview without many questions..

HR round was around salary negotiations was not tough though because expectation was communicated well before.
Finally got the job offer.

3 rounds + 1 HR round

Interview Question – The process was quite smooth and up to the expectations of an experienced hire.   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Eze Software in January 2014.

Interview Details I was referred by a current employee at Eze software. The HR took atleast a month after I was contacted initially to setup a phone interview.
1 HR phone round - Went through my profile, etc
1st round Technical - 30 min. Basic Java questions, Basic Multithreading, design patterns, all basic questions which any CS grad can answer.

After a week of the technical round, they called up and said that they would like to setup another round of technical phone round, this time it would also include live coding. They setup a time and date. I did not setup any other interviews on this day since I was busy preparing for the live coding. However, nobody called up at the scheduled time. When I wrote an email to HR she said that the manager's meeting over ran and they were sorry and would like to schedule for another time. So I scheduled another date/time. Nobody called me during the second scheduled appointment. The HR does NOT have even the courtesy to email me and notify why the interviewer didn't call. I didn't contact Eze software after that.

Worst experience ever, I wasted two days for this company!! I had 2 interviews each day since I was actively interviewing and this company wasted my time and didn't even notify me if they were not able to call.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Eze Software.

Interview Details Quite slow. The interview was 3 rounds and lasted more than hours.

Interview Question – Recursion   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Eze Software

Worked for Eze Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Eze Software interview questions and advice. All 144 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Eze Software employees and interview candidates.