F5 Networks

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.2

Network Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lowell, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in September 2014.

I had applied online for this position and I got a call from the company recruiter the following week asking me details about my background. Once that was done, he emailed me a list of technical questions which I had to answer and email back within 30 minutes. They are pretty straight forward if you know your concepts. The following week, I was asked to come over for an in-person interview with the entire team.

Every person who interviewed me was very friendly, professional and had little humour as well. I felt extremely comfortably the whole time. The first person had a technical screening worth 75 minutes or so, after which I was interviewed by two people from the team discussing mostly about my background and work experience. After that I had a brief conversation with the vice-president of the company, who was also very friendly. Overall it was an excellent experience. Every one at F5 Networks handled the whole process with great professionalism, unlike few others I had interviewed for before.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very detailed. One part was related to networking were quite straight forward if you know your stuff. All the questions pertained to OSI model (L2 to L4), HTTP and SSL. Make sure you know these concepts thoroughly. The other part was all based on Unix and Linux CLI. They were all mostly basic questions and I was able to get through the entire interview process comfortably.   Answer Question
    Very convenient. I was happy with the offer provided to me.

Enterprise Account Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at F5 Networks in September 2014.

I got a call from F5's HR and he was very friendly and polite.

Asked some background information like where I'm residing and my current occupation, company and responsibilities which seemed standard.

Gave me some technical questions like;

Explain the TCP handshake, what is Autonegotiation, what is a web proxy. what is PuTTy, what is WireShark.

Interview Questions
    • Where in the Windows AD is the default folder for users?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in April 2014.

Communication was great, the interview was staged into 3 technical interviews then a management level interview. The technical interviews all came in asking questions about real problems they were solving not just the theory BS that alot of places use. Management interview was lunch and just talking about various situations. Overall a very smooth interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but unexpected because I was interviewing for a python position was questions about javascript.   Answer Question
    Initial offer was high enough I did not feel like negotiating so it was smooth.

Network Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in August 2014.

Applied online and got response within a day with a 30 mins technical screening interview request via phone.
    Fixed the time and spent over 45 mins chatting with the HR lady over the phone. She asked series of questions related to Networks, DNS, Linux/Unix, HTTP/HTTPs and SSL.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't prepare at all for the interview as i was not expecting that much technical questions but still i managed to pass the interview with flying colors.   Answer Question
    easy, via email.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at F5 Networks in May 2014.

Phone interview with Staffing Manager and 2 Sr. VP's supporting Global Services followed by an onsite interview with Staffing Manager, Sr. Recruiter, HR Director and VP of Global Service Delivery. Process was quick, hiring decision was even quicker!

Interview Questions
    • Describing managing/planning for large volume of recruiting   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at F5 Networks in July 2014.

Applied online. Got call from recruiter. Set up phone interview with hiring manager in few days. Manager was very friendly. Explained about company. Asked my experience related to requirements of the position and interest in position and about the company. Asked some problem solving (DS/algorithm related) questions. They see how you approach it. Not the exact answer. Next round would have been coding related interview with team members onsite. But couldn't clear the initial screen.

Interview Questions
    • Problem solving questions - can't reveal due to policy.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in July 2010.

5 Interview process - Interviewed with the Hiring Manager, VP of Sales, Systems Engineering Manager, and I had two interviews with other current Account Managers on the team. One of the "Peer Interviews" was on the phone and the other was in person. I interviewed with both the hiring Manger and the Vice President while they were in town together at a QBR.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I knew the offer and I accepted it as it was presented

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northeast, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northeast, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in April 2014.

Referred by a current employee. The process was smooth, four interviews via phone and one in person. Interviewers calling were on time and clear compared to some phone interviews I had where people had bad connections or tons of background noise.

Interview Questions
    • How do you influence stakeholders you have limited contact with and little to no leverage for their cooperation?   Answer Question
    Negotiable, comp and benefits are good.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at F5 Networks in February 2014.

Interview process is longer than most other tech companies.
    Had 1 phone screen with the hiring manager about my current work and 1 algorithmic question.
    Had 8 onsite 1:1 interviews with a paper-based coding test. The paper-based coding test is what you would give to a college student.
    All interviewers were nice and friendly. All asked me 1 coding problem and 1 general question about either networking, OO programming or security. Not all interviewers asked me about my current work.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy, nothing difficult. The interview process was too long.   Answer Question
    Negotiation experience was bad. Its difficult to get them to quote higher salaries because they have hard set ranges for different level. This is a problem when you are coming from a big or high-paying tech firm. You would most certainly have to go for a lower pay.

Software Engineer Interview

I handed over my resume to them at a career fair which was held at school. After about a month, they e-mailed me to confirm my phone number. I scheduled an interview with them via phone call, and the interview was on campus. After that, all contacts were by e-mails.

Interview Questions

Worked for F5 Networks? Contribute to the Community!