FCB

59 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Interviewed at FCB

Interview Details Structured interview. Great vibe.

Interview Question – What is your favorite ad and why?   Answer Question

Account Management Intern Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FCB in December 2013.

Interview Details Recruiter Skyped with those who were selected from our campus, I then skyped with an Account Coordinator.
First one lasted maybe 20 minutes, and was very straight-forward. The second one felt like more of a conversation. It felt like more of a "can we get along and just talk for a bit" kind of interview more than it was me getting grilled on some questions.

Interview Question – What ad do you like most that's currently running?   Answer Question

Intern
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FCB in October 2013.

Interview Details Met them at a career fair, then was called back for an interview the next day with 2 HR representatives

Interview Question – what are you most proud of on your resume?   Answer Question

Intern
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at FCB in February 2014.

Interview Details At University Career Fair I was told there were no open positions but they would keep my resume on file. Two weeks later I was contacted by HR because of a recent budget increase. Had two interviews that were very awkward. HR started the interview with, "Why Missouri?" - I think it was very obvious by both parties that we did not mesh well.

I had another interview set up shortly after with an account coordinator. This interview was very awkward as well.

I was told I would get a response in roughly two weeks, 24 hours later I was told I did not get the position. I was not bothered by this news.

Interview Question – Why Missouri? --- as if I picked my university based on the fact it is in BFE USA   Answer Question

Account Services Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FCB in March 2012.

Interview Details Initial email a week later, asked to set up a phone interview. Person was very nice and super sweet. From phone interview to in person interview at their office and met with two account managers. Was told I would hear back within the next week, and received an email saying they went with someone else, but to try again if another position opens up.

Interview Question – What is your favourite campaign going on right now and why.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FCB.

Interview Details After an initial applicant screening process, I was one of ten individuals to receive an interview for a marketing internship. Being located far from Chicago, the interviews were conducted using Skype. I was hopeful that the experience would be positive given the feedback I had heard from previous interns, however this did not turn out to be the case. The interview itself lasted no more than 5-10 minutes, I was asked general marketing/advertising interview questions, and the interview was over. The interviewer was nice enough, but did not look up at the screen more than once. After the interview was finished, I received an email that said they would be making their decisions and that they would notify us by the following Friday. After two weeks of no response, I decided to email the HR recruiter to find out what the situation was. Upon which I received an email saying that they were still deciding. While I am sure that this particular experience is not representative of the company as a whole, it was in fact a negative.

Interview Question – Tell me about an ad campaign that you have seen recently that you really liked and explain why? Also, an ad campaign that you really disliked?   Answer Question

Media Planner Interview

Media Planner
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in October 2010.

Interview Details A recruiter reached out to me and the interview was set up rather quickly. I met with the group director and we clicked immediately. I did not meet with anyone else, as he thought he was enough. I was given an offer within the week and I accepted within a week after that.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FCB.

Interview Details Initially spoke to an HR representative at a college career fair. Was emailed by this person to schedule a phone interview, which went well. They asked the normal questions (your three best traits, favorite class, etc). Kept in semi-regular email contact as well, where I was assigned a (pretty difficult) assignment.

Interview Question – "What are your two most favorite and hated advertisements most recently seen?" Difficult because of all the options and the nuances of the answer.   Answer Question

Associate Medical Director Interview

Interviewed at FCB

Interview Details multiple interviews. writing test. refused reimbursement for travel from out of town for interviews.

Interview Question – Writing testing   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low salary

Senior Account Executive Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FCB in February 2012.

Interview Details 4 Interviews,
HR - A Senior Executive ascertains basic information and profile integrity
Servicing VP Technical - Understands capabilities and perspective of previous experience
Servicing CEO Cultural - Basic outlook on work, expectations and aspirations, fit,

Interview Question – Gaps in resume   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much. Advertising is an industry with relatively high attrition. Service levels are virtually non negotiable without prior experience and a bias of recency and standard industry increments

Interviews for Top Jobs at FCB

Worked for FCB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FCB interview questions and advice. All 59 interview reviews are posted anonymously by FCB employees and interview candidates.