FCB Interview Questions

Updated 7 Sep 2014
Updated 7 Sep 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

on campus recruiting, on campus interview, then u are pulled into an office interview. you will meet with like everyone on the team for 15-20 minutes, and then u await their decision.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at FCB in May 2014.

Honestly don't waste your time with FCB Chicago if you don't live in the area. The interview process was the worst process I've been through. I made it to the final step and they couldn't give me a real reason why they didn't hire me. It took them a month and a half to give me a decision after my final interview. I tried to reach out to the members of department a couple times and they didn't even respond. I regret spending so much money traveling to Chicago for the interview. The Analytics department act like they don't care. I passed the analytics test which consisted of analyzing sales data, creating a powerpoint, and answering a couple brain teaser questions. The department knew I had the ability to do the job, but still decided to hire me without a real reason,

If you didn't graduate from Northwestern or UChicago, or if you are not foreign or white, you might as well not even apply. Honestly I'm completely disappointed with the agency and I I'm glad I didn't get the job. Every time I think about the experience, I just can't believe how horrible I was treated by the Strategic Analytics department. If I could do it all over again, I would've never applied. Please don't make the same mistake I did.

Interview Questions
    • Why FCB Chicago? What is your favorite recent ad campaign?   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at FCB.

Had an informational/behavioral interview during the winter, was told I would be notified in a few months if I had moved on for final interview. 5 45 minute interviews and a 5 minute interactive resume presentation. Was offered a full-time position a week later.

Interview Questions
    Pay, benefits, etc non-negotiable.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Structured interview. Great vibe.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at FCB.

After an initial applicant screening process, I was one of ten individuals to receive an interview for a marketing internship. Being located far from Chicago, the interviews were conducted using Skype. I was hopeful that the experience would be positive given the feedback I had heard from previous interns, however this did not turn out to be the case. The interview itself lasted no more than 5-10 minutes, I was asked general marketing/advertising interview questions, and the interview was over. The interviewer was nice enough, but did not look up at the screen more than once. After the interview was finished, I received an email that said they would be making their decisions and that they would notify us by the following Friday. After two weeks of no response, I decided to email the HR recruiter to find out what the situation was. Upon which I received an email saying that they were still deciding. While I am sure that this particular experience is not representative of the company as a whole, it was in fact a negative.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an ad campaign that you have seen recently that you really liked and explain why? Also, an ad campaign that you really disliked?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FCB.

Initially spoke to an HR representative at a college career fair. Was emailed by this person to schedule a phone interview, which went well. They asked the normal questions (your three best traits, favorite class, etc). Kept in semi-regular email contact as well, where I was assigned a (pretty difficult) assignment.

Interview Questions
    • "What are your two most favorite and hated advertisements most recently seen?" Difficult because of all the options and the nuances of the answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at FCB in February 2014.

At University Career Fair I was told there were no open positions but they would keep my resume on file. Two weeks later I was contacted by HR because of a recent budget increase. Had two interviews that were very awkward. HR started the interview with, "Why Missouri?" - I think it was very obvious by both parties that we did not mesh well.

I had another interview set up shortly after with an account coordinator. This interview was very awkward as well.

I was told I would get a response in roughly two weeks, 24 hours later I was told I did not get the position. I was not bothered by this news.

Interview Questions
    • Why Missouri? --- as if I picked my university based on the fact it is in BFE USA   Answer Question

Associate Medical Director Interview

multiple interviews. writing test. refused reimbursement for travel from out of town for interviews.

low salary

Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at FCB in December 2013.

Recruiter Skyped with those who were selected from our campus, I then skyped with an Account Coordinator.
    First one lasted maybe 20 minutes, and was very straight-forward. The second one felt like more of a conversation. It felt like more of a "can we get along and just talk for a bit" kind of interview more than it was me getting grilled on some questions.

Junior Front-End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallinn (Estonia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn (Estonia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FCB.

Probably the interview will be made with one employee from HR and one from development area. The questions are easy but you have to know everything they are asking, that would be acessibility, validation and so on.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to make a blind person have the same interaction of the normal user?   Answer Question

Worked for FCB? Contribute to the Community!