FTI Consulting

Updated 1 Mar 2015
Updated 1 Mar 2015

2.9

Software Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

On campus - 1 interview. Same question asked to all the candidates interviewing that day. Interviewers are friendly. Process is quick.

Questions on background, resume, data structure .
    How would you test your code. Write down all the test cases. Some questions on SQL.
     Not very tough. They expect you to ask good questions at the end.

The entire process has only one round.

Interview Questions
    • Background, resume, data structure.
      How would you test your code. Some questions on SQL

Answer Question

Contract Attorney Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

very brief, only had to talk to project manager on the phone. About 4-5 general questions to guage your willingness to commit to the project they're staffing, how serious you are, whether or not you might be crazy, etc.

Interview Questions
    • do you know anything about document review?   View Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Full day interview process. Generally starts with 5 half an hour interviews though I interviewed on an off cycle so my interviews got extended to about 45 mins each. Then a 2 hour finance/accounting exam. The exam itself is pretty easy, simple DCF and balance sheet analysis plus some economic questions. It is a long day though and different from most super days due to so many interviews and a 2 hour exam.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2015.

On-Campus recruiting, resume Drop with Cover Letter, on campus interviews within two weeks. The interview was with a recruiting manager from the New York office for the Corporate Finance/Restructuring summer internship.

Interview Questions
    • It was an overall awkward experience. I am an Economics major and the recruiter began the interviewer asking what other internships that I was applying for. I think they were only interested in Accounting majors   Answer Question

FEDA Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2015.

I had attended an information session prior to submitting my application. The interview was a 30 minute session in the campus career center. The interviewer was friendly and informative, and the format of the interview was entirely behavioral. I had to explain projects and skills from my previous internships, and there was about 10 minutes at the end for additional questions.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you are qualified for this position? How have you handled situations in which you don't get along with someone you're working with?   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

Applied through school website and had an on campus interview one week after the deadline. Normal behavioral questions. Recruiter spent a lot of time introduce the company as well as the position's responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. All the questions were based on my experience in my resume.   Answer Question

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied Online. Received interview invitation a week after. Interview took three and a hald hours, including an on site test last for 2 hours.
    Easy int, mostly traditional resume n personality based questions. Asked a lot about China international affairs.

Interview Questions
    • Which SEA countries recently had presidential election   View Answer

Graduate European Tax Advisory Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Standard online numerical and verbal reasoning tests, then an half hour telephone interview with a memeber of HR and a senior memeber of the team. Then a interview at the offices with two senior memebers of the team, and a maths test. Final round interview with a senior managing director for about an hour.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Recruiter screening, one in-person interview at headquarters with fellow candidates interviewing for segment intern positions. Multiple interviews with different levels of management throughout the day. Each interview did not last more than 10 minutes.

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview included meetings with multiple levels of staff, including junior staff who would be working below the applicant. Descriptions of the role were relatively vague and interview questions included many standard consulting case interview problems. The interview ended with a 2-hour finance/accounting computer exam. This included DCF and other financial modeling questions, plus some basic economics questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many automobile tires currently exist in the U.S.?   Answer Question