FTI Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
Updated 28 Oct 2014

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Saw an online ad, sent in my resume and had an initial phone interview with HR that lasted about 15 minutes. Was scheduled to have another phone interview with the principals but that was changed to an in person interview with both the managing director and the senior managing director. The discussion with the managing director was straight forward, no real challenging/difficult questions. I had to wait about 45 minutes for the discussion with the senior managing director, even though I was told it would be only 5-10 minutes. No real challenging questions during this discussion either.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked about experience related to crisis communications, communications plan, coalition work and experience working with clients.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

I initially met with consultants and senior consultants, then with directors and MDs, and finally with the SMDs of the groups I'd potentially be joining. Then more SMDs wanted to meet with me. Lots of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a lot about projects I'd worked on at previous jobs, even though the projects were several years back and I had been very junior level and only peripherally involved, and for a very short time.   Answer Question
    They were absolute snakes - they told me I'd be brought in as an experienced hire, but bumped me to 1st year consultant. They axed first year consultant bonuses and the employee stock purchase plan after I began, even though the company was having a record year. Greedy, old-school accountants who think it's okay to treat people that way just because they were treated that way.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Fisrt phone interview, then four 1:1 interview

Summer Intern - Valuation & Financial Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied to internship posting on university career website. Contacted 2 weeks later to come in for 1st round interview on campus. Interviewed 1-on-1 with Director, asked all the typical behavioral questions just to get to know me and my past experience better. Very nice and casual/laid-back, wasn't stressful at all. Scheduled for a 30 minute interview but ended up talking for over 45 minutes, seemed like he was really there to get to know the candidates rather than being there out of duty.

N/A

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

First had an on campus 30 min with a managing director. It was mostly easy behavioral questions but he did ask me a string of basic technical questions (how would I determine the financial health of a company given their financial statements, what happens to cash if accounts payable goes up, etc.). This was strange because I talked to two boys with my same background about their interviews and they had all behavioral, so I assumed I was asked technicals because I am a girl...

Second round was a super day in nyc. Got flown out, put up in a hotel, steak dinner, and 3 interviews the next day (2 behavioral, 1 technical). Everyone was pretty nice and the interviews weren't so hard.

Interview Questions
    • There was written case on the super day. Had to write a recommendation given some financial metrics about a company and a newspaper article.   Answer Question

Health Solutions Intern Interview

I had two 30 minute interviews for the intern position. The timeline for their hiring process is very long. They took well over two weeks following the interview to get back to applicants. They asked a lot about data analysis experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to explain a difficult concept or theory to someone who had no background knowledge about the subject.   Answer Question

Consultant II Interview

I applied for the position through on campus hiring by filling out an application on the university's website and the company's website. They conducted on campus interviews, which lasted about thirty minutes. Very simple interview, though the interviewer (a senior level consultant) was more concerned about what I knew about FTI than actually asking about me. I sent him a follow up email the day after thanking him for the opportunity to interview, but didn't receive any communication from the company until a month later, rejecting me.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2014.

Came across the job posting via my university's recruiting website. Applied online and was emailed back about a week later regarding an on campus interview. Interviewed with 2 recruiters at the same time. Both seemed like very friendly and intelligent people.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Applied through school career website, get interview notice and then scheduled on campus interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FTI Consulting.

Duration :1- week
    Phone Screen; 1-1 with a group. 4 Rounds in total.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question asked, to the point and precise,. Questions based on one's experience only.   Answer Question