FTI Consulting

108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details Applied through college website. Took about a month until I got a response. Interviewed with 2 Analysts. They were very nice and wanted to know more about me and my experience. They also had a Greeter in the waiting room which I had never seen done before. It seems that they really care about their employees and fit.

Interview Question – Tell me about _____ project and what you learned from it?   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied through campus recruiting, and they asked for an interview. At the interview, the interviewer was extremely stiff and awkward. He asked me a bunch of typical questions -- walk me through your resume, what are you involved in, why did you choose your major, what are the biggest issues in healthcare, etc. The interviewer also seemed flustered when I asked a question he didn't seem to know the answer to. Overall, very odd experience.

Interview Question – What are the biggest problems in healthcare?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Interview process was very unstructured when i was first hired by FTI and i believe the process has become much more formal. Unable to give much detail related to the overall process.

Interview Question – Again, this was 7-8 years ago and I really do not recall any interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Attempted to negotiate, but company was unwilling to compromise.

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details After submitting the initial application, I was invited to do an online numerical test. The test was not too hard and I was invited for an assessment day. The assessment day consisted of numerical test without a calculator. The numerical test was quite different as it had a few statistics and algebra related questions. After that there was a verbal reasoning test which was followed by a group exercise that included a case study of evaluating lottery operators. There was also a reading comprehension where you are required to summarise a text that they provide.

Interview Question – The text provided in the reading comprehension was quite hard to summarise effectively.   Answer Question

Litigation Consulting Intern Interview

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details One on-campus interview that was 30 minutes, super easy random behavioral questions. Asked things like "talk about a time you worked with someone difficult". Then did a three hour interview at their office- meeting three main people and then went to lunch with one of them and a recent hire. The interview was completely behavioral and asked about what technical capabilities I have. The lunch was really awkward and they didn't ask me any interview type questions, were just very social.

Interview Question – Asked very specific questions about how much research you've done in the field of consulting and why this position is the one you want out of all the firms   Answer Question

Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details applied online, first round numerical and verbal test, then group work. second round two interviews, a written case then interview about that.

Interview Question – our recent projects   Answer Question

Economics and Financial Consulting Interview

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details Numerical test without a calculator and a GRE style verbal test - verbal test was straight forward but most candidates had trouble finishing the numerical test in time.
Group case study where you need to discuss with two or three other candidates in the team, and a 5 minute presentation in the end.

Interview Question – relatively straight forward questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Graduate Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details Assessment center: numerical, verbal and written test and group exercise.

Interview Question – group exercise   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details Cv and covering letter application followed by an online maths test which wasn't too hard. Then invited to an assessment day with a very difficult non calculator maths test, verbal reasoning test and writing test along with a group task.

Final stage is 3 1 to 1 interviews and an excel case study assessing the loss to a business from the breach of contract by another. Interviews were 1 CV, 1 based on the case study and 1 with a Senior MD where they can cover anything they like.

Interview Question – Maths test is very hard, prepare with GMAT style questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Interviewed through university. Went through only 2 rounds of interviews, the first just being a half hour, the second round consisting of a few in a row with a longer duration of time for each. All very laid back and really focusing on who you are as a person it seemed.

Interview Question – None were terrible, all straight forward interview questions that you would expect - why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FTI Consulting