FTI Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Economic and Financial Consultant Interview

Economic and Financial Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details After submitting the initial application, I was invited to do an online numerical test. The test was not too hard and I was invited for an assessment day. The assessment day consisted of numerical test without a calculator. The numerical test was quite different as it had a few statistics and algebra related questions. After that there was a verbal reasoning test which was followed by a group exercise that included a case study of evaluating lottery operators. There was also a reading comprehension where you are required to summarise a text that they provide.

Interview Question – The text provided in the reading comprehension was quite hard to summarise effectively.   Answer Question

Litigation Consulting Intern Interview

Litigation Consulting Intern
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details One on-campus interview that was 30 minutes, super easy random behavioral questions. Asked things like "talk about a time you worked with someone difficult". Then did a three hour interview at their office- meeting three main people and then went to lunch with one of them and a recent hire. The interview was completely behavioral and asked about what technical capabilities I have. The lunch was really awkward and they didn't ask me any interview type questions, were just very social.

Interview Question – Asked very specific questions about how much research you've done in the field of consulting and why this position is the one you want out of all the firms   Answer Question

Economic and Financial Consulting Interview

Economic and Financial Consulting
London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details applied online, first round numerical and verbal test, then group work. second round two interviews, a written case then interview about that.

Interview Question – our recent projects   Answer Question

Economics and Financial Consulting Interview

Economics and Financial Consulting

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details Numerical test without a calculator and a GRE style verbal test - verbal test was straight forward but most candidates had trouble finishing the numerical test in time.
Group case study where you need to discuss with two or three other candidates in the team, and a 5 minute presentation in the end.

Interview Question – relatively straight forward questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Graduate Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details Assessment center: numerical, verbal and written test and group exercise.

Interview Question – group exercise   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details Cv and covering letter application followed by an online maths test which wasn't too hard. Then invited to an assessment day with a very difficult non calculator maths test, verbal reasoning test and writing test along with a group task.

Final stage is 3 1 to 1 interviews and an excel case study assessing the loss to a business from the breach of contract by another. Interviews were 1 CV, 1 based on the case study and 1 with a Senior MD where they can cover anything they like.

Interview Question – Maths test is very hard, prepare with GMAT style questions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Interviewed through university. Went through only 2 rounds of interviews, the first just being a half hour, the second round consisting of a few in a row with a longer duration of time for each. All very laid back and really focusing on who you are as a person it seemed.

Interview Question – None were terrible, all straight forward interview questions that you would expect - why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

Interview Details Mine was two round. First round is quantitative test, verbal reasoning test, summarizing an article and a group interview. The group interview question was about implementing a lottery in a new country and included a presentation

Interview Question – Just look online and you can find most of the interview questions already posted somewhere. They seem to create everything in house and they don't update them.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details I interviewed for FTI through campus recruiting. I submitted a resume through career services (no cover letter) and was contacted to do a first round on campus interview. The first interview was about 45 minutes and was behavioral. After about a week and a half I was contacted for a final round interview at their office. This was comprised of 3 45 minute behavioral interviews. Each interview had one senior level and one junior level employee.

Interview Question – What are the top challenges facing the healthcare industry?   Answer Question

Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details I interviewed at the Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy. First round was a half hour phone interview and the second was a five hour in-person interview with several different people and including an Excel-based case study. For the case study, I was given an hour to answer four questions from a data set and then presented my conclusions to the team afterwards.

Interview Question – The phone interview included a pop quiz: What factors are contributing to rising health care costs as a percentage of GDP across the globe?   Answer Question