FTI Consulting

Getting the Interview

108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Forensic and Litigation Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Got through the resume screen and then had 2-30 minute interviews with mid-upper level members of FTI Consulting

Interview Question – None, know why consulting, why FTI and the industry you're interviewing for   Answer Question

Forensic and Litigation Summer Intern Interview

Interview Details Two first round interviews, mostly behavioral

Superday consisted of 3 interviews with directors and partners and a case study

Interview Question – How would you assess the financial health of a company?   Answer Question

FTI, Forensic and Litigation Internship Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Brief on campus interview, asked if I was proficient in excel and to describe my prior work experiences. Interviewer was professional, though arrived late to my interview (likely stuck in traffic, frustrating none the less).

CME Intern Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details FTI's website said first-round was behavioral/traditional interview questions only. My first-round was completely technicals - no behaviorals were asked. Honestly, it was my fault for not reviewing my technicals beforehand, but I was still disappointed that I was caught off-guard. I wish the interviewer at least tried to get to know me before he started throwing technicals at me.

Interview Question – terminal growth rate for a mature entertainment company   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Writing sample and three back-to-back interviews. Everyone was extremely nice, so the interviews weren't too bad.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Intern- Forensic and Litigation Consulting Interview

I applied online and interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details Two back-to-back 30 minute interviews, each with two consultants from the local branch (4 interviewers total). One interviewer was an analyst and the other was a senior consultant or director. All behavioral questions and really laid back interviewers. I felt very comfortable considering it was my first interview

Interview Question – What is a mistake you have made, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Economic and Financial Consultant, London Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at FTI Consulting in December 2012.

Interview Details After submitting CV and Cover Letter I was invited to a 'first assessment day' - I am yet to find out if I'm through to the second.
First Day assessment Centre:
-A numerical test that is designed by them - not like GMAT format. 26 questions in 30 minutes that were difficult! Just try to be as fast as possible - the best ability to have due to time restrictions is ability to estimate effectively.
-A verbal reasoning test that is very much the same as GMAT format.
-A Group Exercise about introducing a lottery operator to a highly developed country. You are certainly guided through this and your group will consist of three people. The best advice is - start crunching the figures and numbers from the beginning. First you are given facts and figures about the cities of this country and chances of a lottery&advertising figures - why the government would want to introduce a lottery etc. You are asked to give the three main objectives you would have for an operator before you are given the figures of a hypothetical operator and you have to present in 5 minutes why you think this operator is best.
-Written test: Had to summarise 2 pages on cigarettes becoming a form of currency in PoWs.

Interview Question – The Numerical Test.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

London, England (UK)

Interviewed at FTI Consulting

Interview Details First Round - math and verbal test, group case study, networking lunch

The case study was not easy and took a lot of collaboration. In the end, what mattered most was being concise and communicating information effectively.

Second round: writing exercise, 2 1-1 interviews

Interview Question – Question on explaining what happened with LTCM   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting.

Interview Details There are two rounds of interviews. At the second there are 4 rounds of 1 on 1 interviews with the managing directors. Very cool people not a high stress environment. However, there is a skills evaluation portion which tests financial/accounting knowledge and computer skills.

Interview Question – What is a p-value?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FTI Consulting in March 2008.

Interview Details Recruited on-campus; first round interview based on fit and minimal technical questions. Second round consisted of three interviews - two of which were focused on fit and one of which was focused on technical skills. Company places a premium on fit since so much work is based on deal teams and interacting with clients and referral sources.

Interview Question – Explain how to value a company with negative equity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate