FXCM Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2015

2.8

FX Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM (Sydney) in October 2014.

Interview

I got an email from the Texas office asking me to come in for an interview next week in their Sydney office. Came in next week and had a one on one with the team leader. Three days after they informed me of the outcome. It was a fairly quick process.

Interview Questions

• Ice breaker questions. Explain my resume in detail. What currency pairs I trade; my opinion on AUD/USD direction. What news sites I follow. What I knew about the company. How I see myself in five years. If I knew what the job entails (80-100 calls a day, with 10% conversion rate).   1 Answer

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FXCM (Melbourne) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online for this position and got contacted by email to attend an onsite interview. It was a 30 minute one on one interview with a VP. He gave a brief introduction about the job duties and responsibilities and we went through my CV. I was told to be informed of result regardless of whether I'm successful or not.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioural questions regarding customer services. Other questions related to FXCM like what do you know about FXCM; your knowledge about FX and the market. And one question was "tell me about an interesting thing happened in your last internship."   Answer Question

Currency Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FXCM.

Interview

First round interview over the phone that covered basic resume and personality questions, nothing extraordinary. For the second round, I was asked to submit a 1-page write up on a current macroeconomic event (at the time it was on the imminent fed rate hike). For the final round, it was a phone interview with a strategist in SF. Was given the offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• What is the likely impact of a cut in ECB's interest rate?   Answer Question

Client Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Typical interview process:

1st: Typing speed test. Both English and Chinese
    2nd: Group of 4 interview
    3rd: Interview with HR and Team Leader,
    Interview with VP
    Interview with Director

Study general interview questions
    Study their website regarding their competitive advantages
    During the process just stay calm and relax.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Your pass job in details
      What are your strengths
      What are your weaknesses
      Why should we hire you
      Why choose our firm
      What are our firm's advantages

Answer Question

Web Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FXCM.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR representative that asked general questions about my resume. Good experience, representative was really positive and professional. It is important to know about what the company does and have your qualifications prepared.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FXCM.

Interview

3 levels of interviews. simple tests and get to know you chit chats. the first 2 were done by an outside company and were average. the outside company were very tact and professional.
    prepare yourself for some customer experience scenarios.

Interview Questions

• none, there were like 2 scenarios that were extra easy,   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FXCM.

Interview

I applied online for the position and was contacted to schedule a time for a phone interview. The interview was about 20-25 minutes. Before interviewing me, the interviewer from HR introduced the position and provided detailed information about the company's culture. But didn't get any feedback about the interview but one week after they said they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• First some basic behavior questions, and then asked things related to the company like: what do you know about FXCM and your expectations for the position; your knowledge about their platform and FX; how you going to help with customers with your knowledge.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

School Recruiter called me to schedule a phone interview.
    The recruiter was very nice and they were really interested in the fact that I was bilingual. I did not know much about FXCM at all but the phone interview was still an ok experience. They did not follow through though.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Interview

I applied online for the position, and then I was contacted for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview then I was interviewed by two people Managers from the department. After my interview the HR rep walked me out, and said that shell be in touch.

FX Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM.

Interview

Initial communications were with the recruiter and involved general questions about my background, a series of 3 in-person interviews followed. Passion for the FOREX markets is a must for the position. Reading everything on the website, getting a demo account and actively trading yourself is necessary to be a valuable sales associate. The management are friendly and open to being asked questions themselves.