FXCM

Updated 15 Feb 2015
Updated 15 Feb 2015

2.8

Client Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM.

Typical interview process:

1st: Typing speed test. Both English and Chinese
    2nd: Group of 4 interview
    3rd: Interview with HR and Team Leader,
    Interview with VP
    Interview with Director

Study general interview questions
    Study their website regarding their competitive advantages
    During the process just stay calm and relax.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself
      Your pass job in details
      What are your strengths
      What are your weaknesses
      Why should we hire you
      Why choose our firm
      What are our firm's advantages

Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at FXCM.

3 levels of interviews. simple tests and get to know you chit chats. the first 2 were done by an outside company and were average. the outside company were very tact and professional.
    prepare yourself for some customer experience scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • none, there were like 2 scenarios that were extra easy,   View Answer

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FXCM.

I applied online for the position and was contacted to schedule a time for a phone interview. The interview was about 20-25 minutes. Before interviewing me, the interviewer from HR introduced the position and provided detailed information about the company's culture. But didn't get any feedback about the interview but one week after they said they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • First some basic behavior questions, and then asked things related to the company like: what do you know about FXCM and your expectations for the position; your knowledge about their platform and FX; how you going to help with customers with your knowledge.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

School Recruiter called me to schedule a phone interview.
    The recruiter was very nice and they were really interested in the fact that I was bilingual. I did not know much about FXCM at all but the phone interview was still an ok experience. They did not follow through though.

Financial Service Representative Interview

I applied online for the position, and then I was contacted for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview then I was interviewed by two people Managers from the department. After my interview the HR rep walked me out, and said that shell be in touch.

FX Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM.

Initial communications were with the recruiter and involved general questions about my background, a series of 3 in-person interviews followed. Passion for the FOREX markets is a must for the position. Reading everything on the website, getting a demo account and actively trading yourself is necessary to be a valuable sales associate. The management are friendly and open to being asked questions themselves.

FX Sales Broker Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FXCM.

First round interview was over the phone- Pretty easy. What do you know about the company, why did you chose your major and tell me why you think you are good for this position. Second interview was at the office: Met with my potential boss and VP of Sales. They were very rude and didn't give to the time of day to answer question. Asked my 5 year plan, why I should be hired, what is their greatest fear in hiring me etc.

Financial Services Interview

interviewed at FXCM in August 2014.

They sent email to schedule the phone interview time. The phone interview includes several general questions: 1. why are you interested in this position? 2. How much do you know about this company? 3. How much do you know about the forex market? 4. Do you often read news? 5. Your 5 years career plan.
    And some questions about your work experience in your resume.

FX Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FXCM.

I was interviewed by three FXCM employees: first, by a language specialist, then by a team lead, and last by the VP of the office. I did extensive research on the company and on currency trading in general; as such, I was prepared.

Interview Questions
    • The pace of the questioning was quick.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FXCM.

The interview was unstructured and the software architect didn't seem to be expecting me. I first discussed the role with the project manager and then went to speak with the software architect. He didn't have anything specific to discuss and we began talking about a different, more challenging role. I returned later in the day to speak with a technologist, who mined my knowledge conversationally.

Interview Questions
    • In what situation would pre-iteration cause a significant problem?   Answer Question