Facebook

1,090 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

Interview Details The process was as expected. First I submitted my resume, then once that was accepted I had to take an online Hackerrank test.

After passing that, then I received a phone call giving me more details about what to expect over the next stages.

Then was the phone interview, where I had to use collabedit to type my answers to the problem given. I was also asked if I had any questions. The interviewer was really friendly and made efforts to help when I seemed stuck.

Interview Question – Letters are represented by numbers, e.g.
A = 1
B = 2
...
J = 10
K = 11
etc.

Given a number (e.g. 113), how many different combinations of letters could this be converted to?
  View Answers (2)

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details one hackerrank, three technical interview.
the hackerrank question is fairly straightforward but easiest to do in higher level language.
technical interviews were okay, but not hint-ful or anything. made a stupid mistake in the last one and it cost me a lot :(

Interview Question – compare the leaves of a tree with early exit   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details Sent in my resume and cover letter. Then asked to participate in a over the phone programming test. Test lasts 30-45 minutes. They said to expect mid to high difficulty questions. Only had 2, to my detriment I blanked out and answered the questions but not efficiently.

Interview Question – They asked me to make a function to determine if two sets of numbers are overlapping. (1, 3) (2, 5) are overlapping.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in August 2013.

Interview Details Had 5 interviews all up, 1 with the recruiter (phone), then 4 on-site back to back 30 min interviews. Was quite an intense process all up

Interview Question – A case on estimating the revenue of Disneyland   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Android Developer
Melbourne

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Facebook in October 2013.

Interview Details I was emailed by a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn. After some time (due to other reasons) I was scheduled a phone screening at 4AM my local time (In Australia). I answered a series of basic data structure and basic Android questions. Unfortunately, I had some of the exact details (specific names of layouts etc.) and was declined in an email after 3 days.

Interview Question – Typical Android Layouts (What's the best way to lay element vertically etc.).
Android Lifecycle.
LinkedList vs Arrays.
  View Answers (4)

Interview Question for Software Engineer Interview

Interview Question for Software Engineer
Perth, Western Australia

I applied through another source - interviewed at Facebook in June 2013.

Interview Details My friend who was looking for a job got this question and couldnt figure it out. Let's see who can crack this one lol.

Interview Question – 1. You are asked to guess a random integer number between 0 and 999.
2. You are allowed to ask “Yes/No” questions about the number.
3. Can you determine the number with 10 questions?
  View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Facebook in January 2010.

Interview Details Gruelling, intensive. However it was great to meet all of the team and learn more about the workplace this way.

Interview Question – How do you feel about Facebook?   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

User Operations Analyst
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through Facebook page, and they contacted me right immediately like on that day which was scary for me. I guess they embody truly the culture of moving fast. I got an e-mail with to complete some online test with 13 questions and they were on:
13 questions:
9 Analytical Multiple Choice Questions – focusing on sets, trend analysis, calculus, stats, etc.
1 open ended basic SQL question.
1 open ended normalization question.
1 Multiple Choice English language comprehension question.
1 open ended language question (this part should be 200 – 300 words).
The entire online assessment test was conducted through hackerrank.com and it was for 90 min.
Personally I did not go and complete the Quiz within couple of day. I did take my time to prepare and I was right. It is a difficult test. I did use apps like the impossible interview and the aptitude interview from iTunes app store to prepare. They were a help.

Interview Question – The most difficult or unexpected thing was that they contact you right immediately leaving you no time to prepare, so before you apply take you're time to prepare and they apply. other than that this question was pretty difficult:

An analyst at Facebook is conducting a satisfaction survey sampling from a list of 10,000 new users. The list includes 2,500 French users, 2,500 German users, 2,500 Italian users, and 2,500 Portuguese users. The analyst select a sample of 400 users, by randomly sampling 100 users of each country. is this an example of a simple random sample?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a contract, there where no negotiations.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details I was referred by a friend and after some back-and-forth they set up a phone screen via Skype and collabedit.com. The feedback was very quick after the initial phone screening.

Interview Question – What is a memory-efficient way to store a vector of integers? Follow-up question: using your proposed data structure, find an algorithm with constant memory usage to calculate the dot product of two vectors.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Menlo Park, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in July 2014.

Interview Details I was hiring specifically for an iOS position. The recruiters start with Obj-C 5 multiple choice questions, which required some surprising depth. I won't get into specifics, but take time to understand memory management (even with arc), blocks, addresses and pointers.

After was a phone interview which mostly involved a collaborative coding question. The questions asked here were very typical algorithmic questions, the answers usually involved a hash to cache meta values to increase performance.

Protip: Be familiar with NSSet and NSOrderedSet. These data structures are more performant than NSArrays for some operations, and I found myself using them in almost every answer.

Then you have an onsite visit, with 4 additional interviews: 2 coding, 1 design, and 1 "culture fit" which, for me, was really another coding interview.

Your recruiter will contact during the next week or two afterwards to give you updates on your status. I believe there are three different meetings where your interviewing notes are reviewed and given consideration.

Interview Question – What is something other people misunderstand about you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I went back and forth once between a competing company and received higher offers each time. Ask your recruiter for honest assessments of your interviews - if you did well FB will be much more willing to "one up" the competition.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!