Facebook

Updated 25 Nov 2014
1,206 Interview Reviews

3.3

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

one hackerrank, three technical interview.
    the hackerrank question is fairly straightforward but easiest to do in higher level language.
    technical interviews were okay, but not hint-ful or anything. made a stupid mistake in the last one and it cost me a lot :(

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Sent in my resume and cover letter. Then asked to participate in a over the phone programming test. Test lasts 30-45 minutes. They said to expect mid to high difficulty questions. Only had 2, to my detriment I blanked out and answered the questions but not efficiently.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to make a function to determine if two sets of numbers are overlapping. (1, 3) (2, 5) are overlapping.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

The process was as expected. First I submitted my resume, then once that was accepted I had to take an online Hackerrank test.

After passing that, then I received a phone call giving me more details about what to expect over the next stages.

Then was the phone interview, where I had to use collabedit to type my answers to the problem given. I was also asked if I had any questions. The interviewer was really friendly and made efforts to help when I seemed stuck.

Interview Questions
    • Letters are represented by numbers, e.g.
      A = 1
      B = 2
      ...
      J = 10
      K = 11
      etc.

Given a number (e.g. 113), how many different combinations of letters could this be converted to?
        View Answers (4)

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in October 2013.

I was emailed by a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn. After some time (due to other reasons) I was scheduled a phone screening at 4AM my local time (In Australia). I answered a series of basic data structure and basic Android questions. Unfortunately, I had some of the exact details (specific names of layouts etc.) and was declined in an email after 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • Typical Android Layouts (What's the best way to lay element vertically etc.).
      Android Lifecycle.
      LinkedList vs Arrays.
        View Answers (4)

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in August 2013.

Had 5 interviews all up, 1 with the recruiter (phone), then 4 on-site back to back 30 min interviews. Was quite an intense process all up

Interview Question for Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied through other source – interviewed at Facebook in June 2013.

My friend who was looking for a job got this question and couldnt figure it out. Let's see who can crack this one lol.

Interview Questions
    • 1. You are asked to guess a random integer number between 0 and 999.
      2. You are allowed to ask “Yes/No” questions about the number.
      3. Can you determine the number with 10 questions?
        View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in January 2010.

Gruelling, intensive. However it was great to meet all of the team and learn more about the workplace this way.

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
    The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
    a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Software Engineer Interview

The interview is quite intense, including several rounds of coding, design, and culture interviews. Some interviewers can be annoying. One person showed great disbelief when I mistook one of their great technologies by something else. Another guy was pounding me about why I wanted to be an engineer. And in one coding interview, the guy was looking at his phone while I was doing whiteboard coding. He apparently has less knowledge about the interview subject, but he did manage to find a small bug and failed me. I am glad that they did --- how can I work with such assholes? Compared to other places I went, Facebook has the highest concentration of mediocre quality, high ego engineers. An unpleasant place for engineers!

Interview Questions
    • Design questions probably, as they seem to want you to match some preset answer in their brain.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Interview

The first interview was at my University. It was your typical 45 minute face-to-face whiteboard coding style interview. During the first five minutes, my interviewer introduced himself and asked me questions about myself. Be prepared to talk about yourself and your resume. The next 35 minutes were spent entirely on 1 question. After arriving at a naive solution, I fined-tuned and optimized my code. The last 5 minutes were reserved for any questions I had.

I passed the first interview, and went on to the second interview. The flew me down to HQ. This interview went horribly. The question was more difficult than the first interview, and my interviewer's accent made him difficult to understand. After the interview, I toured Facebook's campus and had lunch, etc.

Interview Questions
    • First interview question: dutch flag problem. Given three color objects arranged randomly in an array, arrange them such that each object is together and their collective color groups are in the correct order.   Answer Question