Facebook

Updated 4 Mar 2015
1,369 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

one hackerrank, three technical interview.
    the hackerrank question is fairly straightforward but easiest to do in higher level language.
    technical interviews were okay, but not hint-ful or anything. made a stupid mistake in the last one and it cost me a lot :(

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Sent in my resume and cover letter. Then asked to participate in a over the phone programming test. Test lasts 30-45 minutes. They said to expect mid to high difficulty questions. Only had 2, to my detriment I blanked out and answered the questions but not efficiently.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to make a function to determine if two sets of numbers are overlapping. (1, 3) (2, 5) are overlapping.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

The process was as expected. First I submitted my resume, then once that was accepted I had to take an online Hackerrank test.

After passing that, then I received a phone call giving me more details about what to expect over the next stages.

Then was the phone interview, where I had to use collabedit to type my answers to the problem given. I was also asked if I had any questions. The interviewer was really friendly and made efforts to help when I seemed stuck.

Interview Questions
    • Letters are represented by numbers, e.g.
      A = 1
      B = 2
      ...
      J = 10
      K = 11
      etc.

Given a number (e.g. 113), how many different combinations of letters could this be converted to?

View Answers (4)

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook in June 2014.

Recruiter was very fast with all of her communication - even sent me an email the morning of my interview wishing me good luck.
    A pre interview test was administered, though I completed this the morning of my interview and I'm not sure it was taken into account.
    Had a phone interview with an engineer, who wanted a 100% perfect piece of code. I produced a solution which worked and was minimally less efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Pre interview test about balances - balancing sets of balances which had balances on them as well as weights, and evening out both sides.   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in October 2013.

I was emailed by a recruiter who found me on LinkedIn. After some time (due to other reasons) I was scheduled a phone screening at 4AM my local time (In Australia). I answered a series of basic data structure and basic Android questions. Unfortunately, I had some of the exact details (specific names of layouts etc.) and was declined in an email after 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • Typical Android Layouts (What's the best way to lay element vertically etc.).
      Android Lifecycle.
      LinkedList vs Arrays.

View Answers (4)

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in August 2013.

Had 5 interviews all up, 1 with the recruiter (phone), then 4 on-site back to back 30 min interviews. Was quite an intense process all up

Interview Question for Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

I applied through other source – interviewed at Facebook in June 2013.

My friend who was looking for a job got this question and couldnt figure it out. Let's see who can crack this one lol.

Interview Questions
    • 1. You are asked to guess a random integer number between 0 and 999.
      2. You are allowed to ask “Yes/No” questions about the number.
      3. Can you determine the number with 10 questions?

View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in January 2010.

Gruelling, intensive. However it was great to meet all of the team and learn more about the workplace this way.

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
    The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
    a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook.

Process:
    This is for undergrad full-time software candidates in USA. Submitted resume at college career fair. Got email about on-campus interviews. At this stage, there are 3 possible outcomes: onsite invitation, a phone interview for an additional chance, or reject. I was invited to onsite interview.

Onsite was a "University Day" that included three interviews (not four like they said in the email) before lunch and then a tour, new-hire panel, etc after lunch.

All interviews were 45-mins length.

Interviews themselves:
    On-campus interview: 3 coding questions. I don't remember signing any NDA at this point so, the questions were k-Nearest Points to Origin, finding a substring, and 3-sum.

On-site interview: 3 interviews, 45 mins each. 1st interview: 2 coding questions. 2nd interview: behavioral questions (about team conflict, etc.) and a coding question. 3rd interview: 2 coding questions. Coding questions were easy and required *no knowledge* of special algorithms or data structures (such as graphs, DP, trees, etc). Recursion and strings were common.

I did not get an offer from Facebook; however, I received offers from other companies. The interview questions themselves were considerably easier at Facebook than those asked at Google, LinkedIn, MS, Amazon, etc.

Since the questions are not very hard, my guess is the decision is based upon fit and most importantly how *quickly* you were able to arrive at your solution and how *perfect* your code was. Make sure you focus and are confident.

Advice: practice the easier questions and practice coding them. Also, looking at some of the other experiences on Glassdoor, it looks like a majority of the questions are re-used.