Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.0

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2015.

Interview

I walked in as a customer and practically walked out with the job before applying just by speaking with the manager. She saw that I was truly interested and also possess the qualities that she is looking for in a new associate to make the environment better and comfortable for the customers.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I was called in for an interview, then told to come back the next day because they made a mistake and one of the people that needed to be at the interview was not there. Spoke with the manager and she did not know if I was there for a customer service representative or a assistant manager. The advertisement stated full-time and I was told it would only be 20 to 25 hours a week.

Interview Questions

• Are you available 365 days a year because they are open on all holidays.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Interviewed with the district manager and the district loss prevention manager, at one of their stores, they asked me plenty of questions about previous jobs, and my personal life. If i was ever fired from a previous job, why I wanted to work for family dollar, what I knew about family dollar history. etc

Interview Questions

• is it okay to steal a candy bar?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was thru email, I told them that Im worth hc more than ten dollars an hour and I can prove it them if they gave me a chance

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Wilmington, DE (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Call for in store interview and on the spot drug test. Phone call was for immediate interview, i was available same day went aced all the questions asked, was flexible with schedule and was hired on the spot. Must PASS the skills assessment

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Winston-Salem, NC (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview. Minimum questions. Had to take drug test that day and had to complete a background check. She was very nice and i knew i had the hob before leaving. I like the store. Interveiw was less than 15 minutes.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got called in for an interview that got rescheduled due to weather conditions. Interview only lasted 5 mins, there wasn't too many questions as the manager was busy. Got a call a couple hours later that they wanted to hire me. Have been waiting 2 weeks on my background check to come in.

Helped Set Up the Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bell, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Bell, FL (US)).

Interview

There was no interview process. A group of 18 people were randomly selected in order to set up the entire store for 10 consecutive days. Only six people were chosen from the 18 that started to work in the store once it opened. So in total, references and curriculum vitae had no influence on wether you were hired or not, what did matter was who could lift 50 pounds or more.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

It was very long but went very good. A lot of questions but good ones. It was very professional. Was around great people with great attitudes. Would love to work with or around great people from Family Dollar. I recommend for anybody looking for a retail job to try out Family Dollar.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Baltimore, MD (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. Did the application online and received a call the next day. He wanted me to explain my previous work. I passed the phone screen so he ask me to come in for a formal interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have experience they will negotiate.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

You meet with a lot of people. District Manager, HR, LP, VP. All very thorough, open, honest, good conversations. I liked what they had to say about where the company was going and why they are successful here and what they are looking for to build on that success. The VP stated he is building the best team in retail and they are looking only for the most talented and hungry for success type people. Definitely a person you want to work for every day.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment professionally are you most proud of and why?   1 Answer