Family Dollar Stores

Getting the Interview

157 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Keenesburg, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2012.

Interview Details Hiring was a breaz, just stay calm and pretty much anyone can get a job. Not always a good thing.

Store Clerk Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2011.

Interview Details Not much of a hiring or interview the just come to see if your customer friendly

Interview Question – there isnt any. just be very friendly and confident   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details The interview process is simple and short

Interview Question – No question was unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My best line to get me in is, Once i know what I'm doing, im good at what i do, lands me a job everytime

Temporary Customer Service Representative Interview

Ridgeland, MS (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2014.

Interview Details I was called about 6 weeks after applying for a Temporary Customer Service Representative at a new location that was being built in my city. The manager interviewed me at a location in another city since the one in my city wasn't ready yet. She asked about my past experience, availability, salary requirements and why I left. I could tell by her her facial expressions regarding my answers that she did not approve so I don't expect a callback.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Matthews, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2013.

Interview Details Typical hiring process. I was contacted by recruiter to conduct a in-person interview. Interview was very standard personality assessment and they did not ask me a single technical question.

Interview Question – Do you mind working up until 2am and holidays including Christmas?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2010.

Interview Details Applied online and received an immediate response. Family Dollar stores in urban areas are meat markets and are constantly burning through managers. Contact was made by DM and interview was set up. Basic questions about management experience and willingness to do a "dirty job". Essentially, if you have a heartbeat, they tend to have you take your drug test right there. They are so cheap, the DM administers drug tests right there. After a background check, an offer is made.

Interview Question – Can you pee into this cup?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't much room for negotiation. Family Dollar has pay rates assigned to each specific store. Even if you manage to get a little more money out of them, they will remove it from the payroll in your store. You'll have less hours for employees, so you will work more. Hence your extra $2000 a year actually ends up as an hourly pay cut

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2013.

Interview Details I was sent to a location where the interview was conducted
 They questioned my flexibility and integrity etc etc. How capable i was of doing the job etc etc. Interview went well. I got the position of assistant store manager. Not happy with senior management. Need to do more to improve efficiency in stores.

Interview Question – No question was difficult   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Springfield, MO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2010.

Interview Details 3 interviews 2 with a store manager that was more professional than the one interview with district manager there hiring is a joe anybody that is willing to work and can pass the backround check can have a job

Interview Question – did not ask a difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – dont work for them

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details They asked me about high school and overcoming something difficult in my life.

Interview Question – Would you tell on co worker if they were breaking store policy in your presence.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Family Dollar Stores

Interview Details the interview wasn't formal i applied and i got the job

Interviews for Top Jobs at Family Dollar Stores

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Dollar Stores interview questions and advice. All 157 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Family Dollar Stores employees and interview candidates.