Federal Government

77 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Operations Leader Interview

Interview Details It is mainly done by recruiting

Interview Question – Do you have a degree or are you a holder of a violation   Answer Question

Healthcare Administrator Interview

Fairfax, VA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Federal Government in June 2011.

Interview Details At the time of the BRAC, was transferred from a different hospital.

Interview Question – Are you willing to NOT use your Lean Six Sigma skills for a while, while we go through BRAC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Already salaried at same level. No negotiation took place.

Very Difficult Interview

Supervisory IT Specialist Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview Details Panel Interview from multiple level supervisors. Interview was based on intimidation.

Interview Question – I can't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is government, There is no negotiation

Manager Interview

Manager
Newport News, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Government in February 2010.

Interview Details Resume and interview

Interview Question – Always one that asks to tell them about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation you start at the grade and step offered in the announcement.

TSO Interview

Interviewed at Federal Government

Interview Details The process was fragmented. It took place over two years for no reasonable explanation. Many tests were required at numerous locations. The tests were mental and physical. None of the tests were difficult. There was little feedback throughout. After having worked with this organization for a couple of years and observing many of my colleagues, I am not sure what the hiring and interview process had to do with selecting employees.

Field Representative Interview

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Federal Government in May 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was by way of application, written program test, and interview. Each having different phase levels. The interview was more at a social level. It was one on one with an representative. Once these phases were complete a job was made and then a complete background check.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations that took place.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Electronics Engineer
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Federal Government in June 2010.

Interview Details Hiring was competitive, as were promotions along the way.

Interview Question – Put in a lot of situations - where I/we were representing the USG or USA and needed to quickly form a position on issues.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since salary schedule is published (and public), there isn't a lot of negotiation. However, once on the inside, upward mobility was very achievable (and usually fair).

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interview Details Long and drawn out. Must get through the USAJOBS hurdle

Interview Question – Same questions for all   Answer Question

Economist Interview

Economist
Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied online and interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview Details interview group - 3 times, vp interview, recommendations

Interview Question – something special about myself   Answer Question

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Federal Government.

Interview Details Takes awhile to get interview; veterans get extra points which could make it more challenging or take longer for non vets. Suggest going in at a lower salary and get your feet in the door.

Interview Question – What makes you want to come here and work? What makes me want to hire you instead of others?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Federal Government

Worked for Federal Government? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federal Government interview questions and advice. All 77 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Federal Government employees and interview candidates.