Fidelity Investments

Updated 29 Jan 2015
Updated 29 Jan 2015

3.1

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

After applying online with an employee referral, was emailed to set up a pre-screening call from a recruiter that lasted 15-20 minutes. Went over reason's for applying, reasons for interest in the job/company/industry. Very basic questioning about my knowledge of financial instruments. The first big question they ask is "Tell me about yourself", and expect a good answer to that without needing their assistance or guidance as to subject matter. Personally, my phone call did not go over too well as I was quite unprepared and it was my first real interview out of school.

The call ended with setting up an in-person interview with 3 interviewers and myself at their head office. Again, began with "Tell us about yourself", and was followed mostly with the classic behavioral questions, as well as questions regarding my personal background with regards to work and education.

I was not given an offer for the position afterwards, most likely based on my experience rather than my interview, however, I took a lot from the interviews that I carried over into future ones and would say the overall experience was very professional and quite enjoyable.

Other Interview Reviews for Fidelity Investments

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

It took about 2 weeks after I applied online to hear back. They emailed me to set up a 15-20 minute phone screen. Which was fairly easy. Why Fidelity? Why this position? The recruiter then asked to set up another phone interview which is about 40 minutes, completely behavioral based questions.

No negotiation

Financial Services Representative Interview

2 phone interviews followed by 1 in-person group interview and 1-on-1 interview with 2 managers. We met with 3 different employees in group environments and toured the facility as well as watching a video.

Interview Questions
    • None were unexpected. Why Fidelity? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    Was told there was no negotiation on salary

Financial Services Representative Interview

They first start with a phone interview and then if you make it through that they have you interview with other potential candidates in person. After your personal interview with 2 interviewers you take an assessment test to determine ability to pass the Series 7.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2014.

I applied thru the fidelity site. The day after I received a call, she was pretty straightforward about the position, the salary, the benefits, etc; she went over everything very thoroughly. I mentioned that I know somebody in the West Coast offices so she asked me to get the name. A day after I called her and gave her the name. During the interview i was asked the typical questions, if I follow the stock, why the company, etc. Now I'm waiting for the second interview, which is going to be a behavioral interview, so i have to do my homework about the company, series 7 and 63.

Interview Questions
    I'm waiting for the behavioral interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2014.

2 phone interviews by HR, 1 in person with team managers. Very cool setup of in person interview. Group interview modernized; do a presentation/tour with the group, then interview alone with two managers. Got to tour the facility with 2 employees (that have been or currently in the position applying for) that were not connected to the hiring process. Were able to ask any questions or relay concerns. Very easy to get answers.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for these positions.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The interview is typically scheduled on a Tuesday (that’s when managers dedicate their whole day to interviews) they bring a between 10-15 interviewees at once, when you first go into the building, you take the elevator to the sixth floor, which is the hiring and training floor. You go into a conference room, the recruiter greets you and does a brief introduction of who they are, how long they’ve been with the company and what role they initially started in.

After about 10 minutes of debriefing, they then present a 10-12 page slideshow, detailing what Fidelity does as a company, how they have changed and how they compare to other financial companies. They go over salary (a range, contingent on experience), benefits (including health, dental, retirement and employee assistance programs), the recruiter then closes by asking if there are any additional questions, he was very transparent and did not hesitate to answer any questions.

Next, a senior representative comes in for some Q&A, this was our opportunity to find out what the reps in the position we were applying for what they did on a day to day basis, what to expect, the call volume, the atmosphere within the teams, the overall call structure and how we can be successful in our roles, if offered a position. He was very thorough and was upfront on the possible challenges we may come across, but was very optimistic and encouraging.

We are then greeted by two team managers who will be interviewing each individual, they were very inviting. The interview lasted about 40 minutes, with the standard packet of questions, the managers started by introducing their selves and giving a little background on how they began their career. The interview questions were pretty standard, from a packet, they picked about 5-6 questions and were really for answers that describe how you handled a particular situation.

I also got a tour of the work area, the cubicles are not your standard cubicle, it is nice and spread out but close enough where you still feel like you're apart of a team. The atmosphere overall was very inviting and the employees looked/seemed happy, they smile, said good morning, how are you and introduced themselves.

Interview Questions
    • This isn't necessary the most difficult question, but one you may want to prepare yourself for...

Describe a time where you received coaching, what was it for, did you agree with it and what steps did you take to improve those areas?

How have you contributed to your team to encourage positivity?

Describe your top five strengths (from StrengthFInder) and how have you used them to best help clients.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

interviewed at Fidelity Investments in August 2014.

I have just had my initial interview, it was mostly behavioral questions to see how you would handle customer service situations. They are looking for people with good customer service skills. Be prepared to know about the series 7 and 63. They want you to be committed to the training.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time that you have had to participate in a consultative conversation?   Answer Question
    It was a phone interview. I got an offer to continue in to the next interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in July 2014.

Applied via referral online. Heard back within a few days for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about an hour and consisted of behavioral based questions. They were looking for specific examples of experience (primarily those relating to customer service) that displayed the basic skills required for the job (leadership, team-work, diligence, etc.). At the end of the phone interview was asked to come in to the office for a face-to-face interview with 2 managers. Still in the interview process

Interview Questions
    • What process and daily goals will you set in place in order to pass the series 7 & 63?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Westlake, TX (US)

interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2014.

First contacted by a recruiter, about 20 minutes of surface questions and hearing about the job. Next is a more intense hour long interview with another recruiter. I am out of state so my third interview was an hour long, phone based one with two managers at the site.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever received feedback you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

I haven't actually got any feedback yet, my final interview was today.