Fidelity Investments

Updated 25 Nov 2014
Updated 25 Nov 2014

2.9

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went to my college career fair and they had my resume. They emailed me to set up a phone interview 2 weeks later for the Technical Summer Internship Program. The first interview was mostly conversational. She asked me my interests and what I am looking for in an internship and the specified technical position. She was very friendly. She then said she'll call back if she finds a match for me.
    The recruiter called back in 2 weeks asking for a 2nd interview. It was a very short interview with the department head and a current employee, asking me about my work experience, why I chose my major, what programming classes I took and the grades I got in them. They asked me if I was familiar with SQL & Linux. Then explained me the position and type of work they do. Overall it was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    There was no need to negotiate. It was a very generous offer.

Equity Research Associate Interview

I had a phone interview. The interviewer asked a lot of technical questions, details about my resume, and the interviewer asked them at a quick pace. They were interested in knowing what books that I have read, and made sure that I followed the market. It was a fast paced interview, nothing too difficult besides being a quick thinker.

Interview Questions
    • Basic finance questions, but you had to explain yourself   Answer Question

LEAP Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Had a on campus interview. Really just wanted to know my interest. Then had a office visit where there were two behavior based and one technical interview. Everyone was nice and really seemed like they wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about object oriented design and situational questions.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I was brought in for an in-person interview after one phone screen, and it went well - they were going to offer me the job, but the in-house people, Veritude, interfered, and said that some manager had said something negative about me, so I wasn't hired. Fidelity is political, and I mean national politics also - and I was told if you are Jewish on your profile they don't like it. Ned Johnson sets the tone for the company...

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there was a road block in your testing process and it was going to put you behind schedule?   View Answer
    • Asked what types of tests I would automate and which ones I would not automate.   View Answer

Because of the way Veritude was treating me.

Audit Interview

There were two rounds and I was not asked a question that was too technical. Nothing out of the ordinary. Spoke with each member of the team and they all asked similar questions.

No Negotiation

Customer Service Representative/Brokerage Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Situation based questions - How did you face an upset customer.
    If a transition is happening, how will you manage the change.
    Are you a team player.
    What are your achievements.
    Has there been any conflict with co workers and how did you handle.

Interview Questions
    • What experience you bring from previous job that maybe useful in current position   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

It took about 2 weeks after I applied online to hear back. They emailed me to set up a 15-20 minute phone screen. Which was fairly easy. Why Fidelity? Why this position? The recruiter then asked to set up another phone interview which is about 40 minutes, completely behavioral based questions.

No negotiation

Financial and Retirement Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

After an on campus mock interview, someone else called asking if I would interested in the position and then set up a longer phone interview with a recruiter. After speaking with the recruiter, an in person interview at the Westlake campus was set up the following week. At the campus, we were given an overview of the campus, the company and some benefits before an interview with two managers. After the interview, we had to take a skills and reasoning test to gauge success in passing Series 7 and 66 licensing. I was told I would be contacted in two weeks, but the recruiter called me the day after interviewing offering me the position and outlining the details of the position.

Throughout the interview process, the questions were very standard behavioural based questions (e.g. tell me about a time when...). They also asked about my knowledge of the Series 7 and 66 exams, my motivation to earn them and my plan to study for them. The process was very straightforward with very friendly and helpful people.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Good. Quick. The people are friendly and the staff was on top of things. The interview was to the point and they gave me all the answers to my questions.

Account Executive Interview

Varies considerably based on the manager interviewing you. Great performance helps but no guarantee. Sometimes they have their person but just need to post and interview for show. Typical of most big companies.

Interview Questions
    Sales position, set base, variable comp based on performance in comp plan.