Fidelity Investments

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.9

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied through their website. About a week later a screening phone call from them a week later giving a better explanation of the position and confirming my interest. I then had a phone interview about 2 weeks later. At the conclusion of the phone interview I was advised I would be brought in for a face to face interview with two managers. I came in with two other candidates. We all were given a presentation about the company and then broke out with two designated managers. After the interview with managers an aptitude test was given to all candidates. I was called about two weeks later and advised I would be extended an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of when you exhibited or received extraordinary customer service. Explain why you think it was extraordinary.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied online, spoke to HR recruiter who set expectations on likely hood of getting an interview, then had 2 interviews 3 weeks apart, went through extensive background check. Talked about why fidelity, why i wanted this position. I was unsure i was qualified and normally, ive heard they dont hire external candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What gives you confidence you can do this job well? Past experience? Sales process? Client interactions? Very thorough but about an hour each.   View Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I applied online and had an interview via video. It took ~45 minutes and they really promoted Fidelity Investments. It was really relaxed and the questioning was forward. Interviewer was polite and understanding when I didn't have an answer for a question.

Interview Questions
    • I was mainly asked about basic OOP concepts and how they apply. They also asked about previous experience and projects. One or two 'trick' questions but no crazy puzzles or expectations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Met at Career fair and talked with recruiters and was then invited to an on campus interview which then led to an on site interview. They were incredibly thoughtful and reimbursed me for gas and paid for the hotel room and a $50 card to use at the hotel for dinner.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were typical behavioral question with one pertaining to my course load that could be relevant for the department.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

I got a phone screen by applying on the website for technical internships. I was emailed for the phone screen within a week. Phone screen was around 15 minutes long. Was told that I would be contacted later for further steps. They never contacted me again after that, so I did not get an offer.

Intern Interview

I applied online and was reached out to by email and phone call for a phone interview by the recruiter. The phone interview took 30 minutes, and the questions were very generic/predictable questions. For example, "Tell me about your summer intern last year?", "What projects did you do?", etc. The recruiter was extremely nice and the interview was easy. The phone interview by the recruiter just gave them an idea of your personality and which types of internships they could refer you to (based on your experiences, etc). Following this interview, I was reached out to by a certain 'department' for another phone interview with not the recruiter, but the main people who 'worked' for that department. The phone interview was also 30-40 minutes and they mainly explained to me what the responsibilities of the internship were. I had to try to understand a lot of unknown terms to be prepared to ask questions about the responsibilities.

Processor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Takes a long time to go through the process. They drag their feet sometimes dealing with red tape, management and laziness. Managers were were quite full of themselves with no basis in the real world. Take like people who only worked at this company right out of college. No scope of life beyond their world.

Interview Questions
    • Same boring, nonsense, questions employers ask when they have no clue how to interview or evaluate.   Answer Question
    Painfully long. Slow.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2015.

The interview process was set by email for an appointed day and time for a telephone interview from the Texas Office. The interview last 30 minutes with the first 15 going over resume and the last 15 answering interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest obstacle that you had to overcome at your last job?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2015.

Face to Face. Requirement was for application packaging @ FMR, Bangalore
    It was 15 mins interview. 12-13 mins on non-technical part only like the process we follow in current company. Only 2 technical questions. After Interview I was pretty much sure that it was complete waste of time coming here. I was assuming If it is a technical round, they should ask at least 10 technical questions to judge anyone. It was waste of time going for interview. Highly disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself (most Generic).
      Your Role?
      What process you follow?
      What are the tools you use?
      How requests come?

Answer Question
    • DIfference between applications and Packages in SCCM 2012.
      How to decide if application will go as attended or unattended?

Answer Question

Equity Research AssociateInterview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2015.

1-on-1 phone interview with an analyst. Talks about background experience, technical questions (walk me through a DCF). It was a Quick 30 minutes. Followed up with final round interviews in Boston office. Case studies, very out-of-the-box questions, technical stuff, fit questions.. fast paced, quick thinking. Very hard to prepare for.. best advice is to read up investing books, blogs, and newspapers. You really have to go in with a good understanding of what makes a great company and be able to demonstrate your interest in the markets.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to put a price on the Mona Lisa what would it be?   Answer Question