Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated 28 Sep 2014
Updated 28 Sep 2014

2.9

Tech Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The first round interview was with HR via phone, and the second round was with a hiring manager through phone. Each interview took about half an hour. For some reason the hiring manage sounds very annoyed and angry the whole time...

Technical Author Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tonbridge, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonbridge, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Unusually for a contract role it was a two stage interview; but having said that it was straight forward with the latter being a "getting to know you" chat. The process was straight forward and there was only openness from the interviewers

Interview Questions
    • Wanted examples of systems and manuals / guides produced.   Answer Question

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Campus recruiting. We had 1.5 hrs interactive ppt where we learnt about company's prospect.They came for 3 profiles. We had 4 rounds. 1st round was aptitude-AMCAT. Basic math,logical and verbal questions. Then there was behavioural round. It was just to know about the candidate. Then there was a tech interview. they asked mainly about projects,basic questions on c,c++ ( for qa,developer ).
    Finally there was 1 hr round which was just a formality.
    Overall easy interview with friendly team of fidelity.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on linux commands for infrastructure profile   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Written Round - Aptitude round- adaptive test(AMCAT)- verbal+logical+aptitude- Easy questions, pretty doable. No negative marking

Tech Round 1- Basic technical questions based on resume, need to be very clear on C,OOP concepts,DBMS, DSA.

Tech+ HR round 2- Projects, plus basic HR questions, need to know well about the company- Why Fidelity?, Next 5 year plan, why not other companies, Higher education plans etc

Behavioral/HR round- Again more on the company, reasons for going into investments, about SDLC, strengths,weaknesses, team work etc

Location offered- Chennai/Bangalore
    Position- Software Engineer

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

After applying online I was contacted by local HR to do a screening interview. It consisted of standard questions like "what do you know about financial services?" and "are you currently following the stock market?". Overall, relatively basic info to pass to the next phone interview. This one was more detailed, and they go over your resume fairly thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where your customer service went above and beyond the normal level of expectations.   View Answer

They can only tell you that you may work a shift between 7:00am-11:00pm Monday-Saturday. No guarantee of standard hours.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

I went through 4 rounds, 1) 75 objective questions 2) f2f with project manager (took around 30 minutes) 3) interview with a technical panel 4) Project Director, where he only spoke about the work culture, expectations, asked about my expectations from Fidelity. It lasted for approx. 40 minutes. As the day was almost over, the HR asked me if he can call me on Monday for further discussions. They didn't call and I didn't feel the need to contact them.

The interview questions were pretty basic and easy to answer.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in September 2014.

I applied thru the fidelity site. The day after I received a call, she was pretty straightforward about the position, the salary, the benefits, etc; she went over everything very thoroughly. I mentioned that I know somebody in the West Coast offices so she asked me to get the name. A day after I called her and gave her the name. During the interview i was asked the typical questions, if I follow the stock, why the company, etc. Now I'm waiting for the second interview, which is going to be a behavioral interview, so i have to do my homework about the company, series 7 and 63.

Interview Questions
    I'm waiting for the behavioral interview.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 rounds and was completed in 1 day.First was a written aptitude round( Quantitative Aptitude+Logical Reasoning+Verbal Ability) followed by a behavioral(kind of a HR round) and a technical round(As i am an ece student, interviewer dint go very deep into coding, simple conceptual questions on oops concepts were asked).Finally, the process ended with a HR Round. Interviewers were friendly and helpful throughout the process.

Management Consultant, Strategy Group Interview

Fidelity Business Consulting (aka FBC), the internal strategy group, follows a standard on campus recruiting timeline for MBA students.

WHAT THEY WANT: They are looking for MBA students who want to have financial services domain knowledge and an operating role in Fidelity as a mid-term career objective. Finance industry experience is a plus but it is not a requirement. Many successful candidates say that prior experience in people / project management has helped. What you must have is a consulting toolkit, business acumen, and problem solving orientation.

RESUME REVIEW: Make sure your resume shows problem solving/ analytical experience, strategy experience, financial services background (if you have one) or interest, and leadership/ personal Initiative.

INTERVIEWS: In the first round, they usually do two interviews (one with a Director or Management Consultant and one with a VP). Be prepared for case interviews, fit interviews, and the occasional brain teaser.

In behavioral interviews, they're going to score you on categories like Personal Impact, Communication, Cultural Fit, Leadership/ Initiative, and Financial Services Interest/ Expertise. In case interviews, they're going to score you on categories like Problem Structuring, Conceptual Thinking, and Quantitative Skills.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the VPs tend to throw you brain teasers to see how you react and reason. These can be difficult but it's no different than what the big consulting firms do.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

The only company in my experience where you will be treated nicely having no complaints during the interview process. It starts with a 60 marks attitude comprising verbal,quantitative and logical reasoning. The next day is the technical interview- mutual funds and stock market followed by some hr questions. The final managerial round will have only resume related questions and salary negotiation- just sell yourself!!

Interview Questions
    • Most annoying thing that will force me to quit the job?   Answer Question
    The salary was good for a fresher so no negotiations.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!