Fidelity Investments

Updated 20 Jan 2015
Updated 20 Jan 2015

2.9

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

It took about 2 weeks after I applied online to hear back. They emailed me to set up a 15-20 minute phone screen. Which was fairly easy. Why Fidelity? Why this position? The recruiter then asked to set up another phone interview which is about 40 minutes, completely behavioral based questions.

No negotiation

Financial and Retirement Planning Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

After an on campus mock interview, someone else called asking if I would interested in the position and then set up a longer phone interview with a recruiter. After speaking with the recruiter, an in person interview at the Westlake campus was set up the following week. At the campus, we were given an overview of the campus, the company and some benefits before an interview with two managers. After the interview, we had to take a skills and reasoning test to gauge success in passing Series 7 and 66 licensing. I was told I would be contacted in two weeks, but the recruiter called me the day after interviewing offering me the position and outlining the details of the position.

Throughout the interview process, the questions were very standard behavioural based questions (e.g. tell me about a time when...). They also asked about my knowledge of the Series 7 and 66 exams, my motivation to earn them and my plan to study for them. The process was very straightforward with very friendly and helpful people.

Summer Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

I met with some recruiters at my university's career fair. A few months later I talked to one of them on the phone. We talked about my resume and they set me up an interview with a manager. About a week later I had the phone interview with a manager. It lasted about 30 minutes. They told me about what the position entailed and asked me some questions to see if I was qualified. I got word a few weeks after saying that I got the position.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really anything difficult about the interview, just some questions about experience with certain technologies (which varies from team to team)   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

I received call for java developer for Gurgaon office, they took two interview rounds and this took one month they made me wait for around one month and they don't call back I called them to ask next step they said I have cleared two rounds and one n manger round remains and after one more week when did not receive call I called them and hr said requirement has been put on hold thanks for applying. Total time waste.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

There was an initial phone screening with a recruiter in which they went over my resume and then some situational questions. I passed that and was invited to another interview at the regional center (where you would be working) along with around 10 other candidates. We were all lead into a presentation room where they go over the company, benefits, etc., as well as introduce other people that play integral roles in the facility. They make it clear that this is a PHONE BASED JOB. We got a quick facility tour and then after the presentation we broke off individually to interview with two managers. The interview was pretty standard as far as questions go (situational, much like the phone interview), but it was a really relaxed environment and the two people I interviewed with were really nice.

Some tips (which you will probably see in many of these interview reviews):
    - Be enthusiastic; ask questions
    - Be yourself; be honest
    - KNOW that this will be a phone based job; you have to be okay with that
    - The salary is NON-NEGOTIABLE for entry-level, non-registered representatives (they will train you)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you received coaching from a manager; how did you take it?   View Answer

I got a better offer with a different company; different industry as well.
    This company was a VERY strong contender.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

Got through applying online. The interview process consists of a telephonic round of underestanding if you are a right fit followed by two technical rounds and an HR round later.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of puzzles and questions related to your work are asked   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2014.

Fairly standard phone interview with one of heads of their UX department. They wanted to know about my past projects, how I got into user experience, why I wanted to work for them specifically, nothing that out of the ordinary. I got word back from the recruiter eventually that they went with someone else because I "wasn't enthusiastic enough", so fake it if you have to.

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Applied online and got a phone call in a week.
    On campus interview scheduled 2 days after.
    Interviewers were all nice. 2/3 were basic behavorial questions.
    The rest are technical questions. Straight forward, no trick.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Good. Quick. The people are friendly and the staff was on top of things. The interview was to the point and they gave me all the answers to my questions.

Account Executive Interview

Varies considerably based on the manager interviewing you. Great performance helps but no guarantee. Sometimes they have their person but just need to post and interview for show. Typical of most big companies.

Interview Questions
    Sales position, set base, variable comp based on performance in comp plan.