Fidelity Investments Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.9

Processor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview

Takes a long time to go through the process. They drag their feet sometimes dealing with red tape, management and laziness. Managers were were quite full of themselves with no basis in the real world. Take like people who only worked at this company right out of college. No scope of life beyond their world.

Interview Questions

• Same boring, nonsense, questions employers ask when they have no clue how to interview or evaluate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Painfully long. Slow.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and was reached out to by email and phone call for a phone interview by the recruiter. The phone interview took 30 minutes, and the questions were very generic/predictable questions. For example, "Tell me about your summer intern last year?", "What projects did you do?", etc. The recruiter was extremely nice and the interview was easy. The phone interview by the recruiter just gave them an idea of your personality and which types of internships they could refer you to (based on your experiences, etc). Following this interview, I was reached out to by a certain 'department' for another phone interview with not the recruiter, but the main people who 'worked' for that department. The phone interview was also 30-40 minutes and they mainly explained to me what the responsibilities of the internship were. I had to try to understand a lot of unknown terms to be prepared to ask questions about the responsibilities.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Orlando, FL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was set by email for an appointed day and time for a telephone interview from the Texas Office. The interview last 30 minutes with the first 15 going over resume and the last 15 answering interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest obstacle that you had to overcome at your last job?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Face to Face. Requirement was for application packaging @ FMR, Bangalore
    It was 15 mins interview. 12-13 mins on non-technical part only like the process we follow in current company. Only 2 technical questions. After Interview I was pretty much sure that it was complete waste of time coming here. I was assuming If it is a technical round, they should ask at least 10 technical questions to judge anyone. It was waste of time going for interview. Highly disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (most Generic).
      Your Role?
      What process you follow?
      What are the tools you use?
      How requests come?

Answer Question
    • DIfference between applications and Packages in SCCM 2012.
      How to decide if application will go as attended or unattended?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Merrimack, NH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied to Fidelity before, and never heard back regarding my applications until recently. I previously came from a similar company and was more than qualified. I was so interested in working for Fidelity that I was willing to take a huge pay cut to work there. I first had a phone screening for over an hour, with a recruiter. She was very nice and said it wasn't her job to make hiring decisions, so she could coach me and help get me further along in the process. It was a difficult screening, she asked a lot of behavioral questions, and really pushed me for great answers. After the phone call, I felt like I had a firm grasp on what they were looking for, and how to prepare. When I got the invitation to an in-person interview, I was very excited! I fully researched for one week. The interview was at the Merrimack NH office, there were a few other candidates waiting. We were greeted by a woman who was very pleasant and we were told we would be given a presentation by one of their top performers, and then each candidate would be taken to a room to be interviewed by two "hiring managers in training". The presentation was FANTASTIC, speaker was very engaging and funny. I felt good about my presence there, I was the ONLY ONE who asked questions. I was told by the presenter that my questions were great and that he loved the way I thought. It seemed I made a very good first impression. After the presentation, we were given a tour of the call center area. After the tour, myself and the other candidates waited for our managers to come get us for our interviews. While I was waiting, myself and the presenter spoke about my background, and he said it sounded like I would be a great fit. He also made a comment that the hiring managers had "saved the best for last" because I was the last one to be retrieved. THEY, without hearing what the presenter said, ALSO made the same comment. This further added to my confidence during the interview, since the hiring managers had an hour to peruse our resumes. I thought the interview itself went very well. Although I practice interviewing, I'm still a bit of a nervous speaker, until I've spoken for a few minutes. So I did give some nervous answers that weren't completely what I meant to say at first. However, I felt I did a great job with the questions and some of them were similar to those I was asked over the phone. I spoke from the heart, and felt I did a very good job of conveying my skills and experience. After the interview, the managers talked to me for 10 minutes while they walked me over to the security area, and took my temp badge. We shook hands and they said I would hear back very soon. When I left, I felt very happy about the presentation and interview. I felt I represented myself well. I figured a few nervous answers in the beginning would be understandable, we are all human. I thought for sure I would get a call back to say I had the customer rep job, or something else (since I also mentioned other positions I would be interested in). I got a phone call THE NEXT DAY, someone left me a message stating that I did not get the job, but that she had feedback to offer me. I called her back, and was utterly SHOCKED by the feedback I received. My words were SO CUT DOWN as being complete answers to questions, and the abbreviated answers I was told I gave were only a small part of what I said. When I corrected her and told her what I actually did say, very nicely, she said curtly, "Well I didn't call you back so that you could defend yourself, I'm just giving you feedback." I told her I completely understood but that I felt my words were very misconstrued and cut down. She said that the biggest question to them was "Why Fidelity?" because they hear all the time that they are a great company with great benefits, and they were looking for a better answer than "I need a job", which my long answer actually got cut down to. I couldn't believe it! I had told the interviewers that I had always been interested in Fidelity but never got a call back before (they actually apologized), and that of course I was anxious to return to work, and I couldn't think of a better place to work than Fidelity because of their products and services which I was passionate about. I can safely say that I have NEVER, in all my years, had the experience where I felt like I had the job in the bag, when in actuality it was the opposite. I also felt like the "feedback call" could have been handled better, as I felt I was disrespected due to the tone of the woman on the phone. If I had to give advice to someone who really wants to work there, it would be choose each word you say VERY CAREFULLY even if you have to ask for a pause, and practice your behavioral questions, especially if you get nervous. It was so important to me to interview for this company, but the way I was ultimately treated really devastated me.

Interview Questions

• Why Fidelity?
      Tell me about your crowning achievement.
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult client.
      How would you feel about being micro-managed?
      How do you adapt to change?
      How well do you take criticism?

Equity Research AssociateInterview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

1-on-1 phone interview with an analyst. Talks about background experience, technical questions (walk me through a DCF). It was a Quick 30 minutes. Followed up with final round interviews in Boston office. Case studies, very out-of-the-box questions, technical stuff, fit questions.. fast paced, quick thinking. Very hard to prepare for.. best advice is to read up investing books, blogs, and newspapers. You really have to go in with a good understanding of what makes a great company and be able to demonstrate your interest in the markets.

Interview Questions

• If you had to put a price on the Mona Lisa what would it be?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Louisville, KY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

very profeesional well structured met face to face with hiring manager began the interview with questions about my experience and work history shared similar stories about having worked in the bank sector and how things have changed over the years

Interview Questions

• do you think you may be overqualified for this one particular position   1 Answer

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was a telephonic interview with couple of F2F. After the forst round of F2F the HR said they want to have 1 more round and dropped me a mail saying they would schedule it, But never happened

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had recently attended the interview with Fidelity Investment. It was a scheduled walk in. Process took one day.
    Had three rounds of Technical (including managerial)+1 HR. Interviewers were calm and patient.
    In the first two rounds they touch based on SQL queries, Testing Process, Testing Documents,Test Cases and Scenarios, Basics of Java and Selenium( as I had that skill set)

Interview Questions

• Sql: Qs on Group By,Having, Joins, nth Max Salary
      Java: Constructors, Thread, Pass By Value, Interface, Inheritance and so on
      Selenium: Framework, Browser Navigation, Read data from Excel,TestNg etc
      Situations: 100 Test cases in 2 days how will you cover? How will you face conflicts with your manager and similar questions

Vice President Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Formal initially though the interview and tone relaxed as the interview went progressed. No real gotta questions, more questions on the resume - more details on what I had done in the past, the job position, reason for it being posted, reason I applied and so forth. Most people I met were personable and friendly. HR people were busy but that was to be expected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you needed to handle a difficult situation or employee   Answer Question