Fidelity Investments

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

Associate Software Engineer Developer
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2012.

Interview Details I became a technical intern through the college recruiters for the program the summer of 2012. Applied for the LEAP program once I was a technical intern. The process was laid back and they are usually more partial to interns getting into the program than outside students.

Interview Question – Asked me to write PL/SQL, JAVA, and C#   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO

Marketing/Advertising Specialist Interview

Marketing/Advertising Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2013.

Interview Details Took a very long time to hear back between interviews. Phone and 1st in person went very well and I expected next level to be final and get offer. Took over a month to hear back that they started over and kept looking after more thought about position/client.

Interview Question – High level interview that felt very superficial, no difficult or in depth questions.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
Durham, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2012.

Interview Details There were almost no technical skill questions asked.. The process mostly glossed over my resume and asked about previous work experience.
They appeared to be more interested in how you would fit into the company culture and less concerned about what you could do for them.

Interview Question – I was presented with an odd question about firing all of the desktop support staff and replacing them with contractors.   View Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Westlake, TX (US)

I interviewed at Fidelity Investments in June 2014.

Interview Details First contacted by a recruiter, about 20 minutes of surface questions and hearing about the job. Next is a more intense hour long interview with another recruiter. I am out of state so my third interview was an hour long, phone based one with two managers at the site.

Interview Question – Have you ever received feedback you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I haven't actually got any feedback yet, my final interview was today.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Westlake, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2011.

Interview Details Very Easy, Open dialog. Met the hiring manager outside of business hours to accommodate both schedules. Just asked me the standard questions about my background and why Fidelity Investments. We were both from the East Coast so we hit it off instantly. The corporate recruiter was awesome as well. She really kept me updated throughout the entire interview process.

Negotiation Details – No negotation

Actuarial Associate Interview

Actuarial Associate
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied and went through two rounds of phone interviews: first with the second manager and second with a hiring consultant. After about two weeks I was called back for an on-site interview. Some of the team were out on business trips, so I had interviewed with four individuals with thirty minute intervals. After two weeks they had made a final decision.

Interview Question – How would you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Manager - Physical Certificates Interview

Manager - Physical Certificates

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in April 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was professional and engaging. The hiring managers knew what they wanted in the candidate. The questions asked were relevant to the job requirements. The interview process was average and the decision was made rather quickly. Great interview process. Professional staff and management team. Quality company to work for.

Interview Question – What is your 5 year goal strategy?   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Financial Representative Interview

Licensed Personal Financial Representative
Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in November 2011.

Interview Details Very misleading. The recruiters do not know about, nor have they worked, the jobs they recruit for. They will do everything possible to NOT tell you that you are going to a call center and will spend your entire day attached to a phone that never stops taking inbound calls. The interview process will intrique you into believing that the hiring managers are important people who have a great amount of insight on the firm. The truth is that the hiring managers are all selected randomly, somethings selecting up to 20 at a time. Because I became part of the interviewing/hiring process I can tell you that candidates who did not make the initial cut will be called back and offered positions if the center in which you are interviewing for can't meet a minimum head count to fill a new hire class (usually 20+). You will never know if you were part of this group or not.

Interview Question – Why do you want to take a step backwards in pay and position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There are not negotiations for all unlicensed positions.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details Initial phone interview asks about your background experience etc.

Then face to face interview continues to ask about your background and why you fit this role.

Usually get a call back within a few days asking for a follow up interview, which in most cases means you are being offered the position.

Interview Question – what would you recommend a client who is 65 and needs help servicing their IRA account   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Equity Research Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied through university job posting forum. Had minimum knowledge of job function, decided to accept interview request and gave it a try. I think it was pretty clear by the end that neither my interest nor expertise was in the field - interviewer also sounded very disinterested

Interview Question – What's your favorite investment related book?   Answer Question