Fidelity Investments

Updated 10 Dec 2014
Updated 10 Dec 2014

2.9

Associate Software Engineer Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

Applied and was referred by an employee. Applied to the LEAP program (software development track). Had one screener-type phone call about the program and then had 3 interviews: 1 technical and 2 behavioral. The 3 interviews were with 3 different technical people (Senior Software Engineers etc.). The technical questions were mainly focused on Java and OOP; there was no writing of code.

LEAP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

2 week total. Applied online from their website. One initial phone interview for 30 minutes. Within a week I was invited to do 3 more 45 minutes interviews via video-conference call. 2 behavioral interviews and 1 technical interview covering SQL and database structures.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the differences between Object Oriented Programming and other programming?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

Was contacted by recruiter to set up initial phone interview. They were very fast to get this set up and move forward in the process. The interview is expected to be about one hour long and is fairly in-depth.

Interview Questions
    • They have a very strong emphasis on behavioral interview questions and are looking for very specific answers. Tell me about a time when... Prepare for the questions because it will be a deal breaker if you do not answer them properly.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

First stage is a screen interview to make sure you understand what the job entails and to see if you are a good fit for the position. The 2nd stage is an hour long behavioral phone interview, make sure you practice STAR questions. Finally, if you get passed the 2nd phone interview you will be invited for in person interview where you will be interviewed by 2 hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, they have hundreds of applicants. You either accept what they offer or you keep walking.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fidelity Investments in October 2014.

After a phone interview, several one-on-one interviews and a group interview with the Design team, I was notified by a recruiter that Fidelity was definitely preparing an offer of employment and that I should expect to receive it within a few days.

Several weeks passed with no contact from Fidelity. They have not followed up or provided any explanation.

Institutional Operations Representative I Interview

Had one interview with hiring manager and supervisor. Very professional and courteous. They were very respectful and wasted no time getting down to business. They asked the standard questions you would expect in any interview. I felt they wanted to make sure that I was a good fit within their group and the overall organization. Called me within 48 hours with job offer.

No negotiation, but the offer was fair.

Tech Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

The first round interview was with HR via phone, and the second round was with a hiring manager through phone. Each interview took about half an hour. For some reason the hiring manage sounds very annoyed and angry the whole time...

Interview Questions

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Campus recruiting. We had 1.5 hrs interactive ppt where we learnt about company's prospect.They came for 3 profiles. We had 4 rounds. 1st round was aptitude-AMCAT. Basic math,logical and verbal questions. Then there was behavioural round. It was just to know about the candidate. Then there was a tech interview. they asked mainly about projects,basic questions on c,c++ ( for qa,developer ).
    Finally there was 1 hr round which was just a formality.
    Overall easy interview with friendly team of fidelity.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on linux commands for infrastructure profile   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fidelity Investments.

After applying online I was contacted by local HR to do a screening interview. It consisted of standard questions like "what do you know about financial services?" and "are you currently following the stock market?". Overall, relatively basic info to pass to the next phone interview. This one was more detailed, and they go over your resume fairly thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time where your customer service went above and beyond the normal level of expectations.   View Answer

They can only tell you that you may work a shift between 7:00am-11:00pm Monday-Saturday. No guarantee of standard hours.

Analyst Interview

Written Round - Aptitude round- adaptive test(AMCAT)- verbal+logical+aptitude- Easy questions, pretty doable. No negative marking

Tech Round 1- Basic technical questions based on resume, need to be very clear on C,OOP concepts,DBMS, DSA.

Tech+ HR round 2- Projects, plus basic HR questions, need to know well about the company- Why Fidelity?, Next 5 year plan, why not other companies, Higher education plans etc

Behavioral/HR round- Again more on the company, reasons for going into investments, about SDLC, strengths,weaknesses, team work etc

Location offered- Chennai/Bangalore