Fidelity Investments

Getting the Interview

508 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details asked a bunch of behavioral questions. 2 phone interviews and a final in-person interview

Interview Question – What is excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Design Lead Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in February 2010.

Interview Details Long and drawn out process. Be prepared to walk through your portfolio and describe your role in detail

Interview Question – Culture fit is very important, so expect both formal and "relaxed" questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You may first start as a contractor, so negotiation will very limited. Fidelity hires very tough contract HR folks, so do your research to back up what you are asking for.

Fixed Income Associate Interview

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details 1 phone interview with recruiter + 1 phone interview with MD + In-office interview

Interview Question – P-test covering a food and beverage company   Answer Question

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Westlake, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and was given a phone interview in the space of approximately 7 days. It took approximately 20 minutes, and was fairly rigorous. You have to know their financials in and out if you really want to get called in for more personal interview.

Know where the overall industry is headed most of all.

Interview Question – How do you think you can add value to Fidelity's operations?   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in December 2012.

Interview Details I applied through Glassdoor and received a phone interview a few days later. After interviewing on the phone, I was told how to prepare for an in-person behavioral interview a month or two later. Since I was applying for a position across the country, I flew myself out to interview on my own dime. There, I was interviewed by two managers, one of which was my future manager. I took a test after the interview and received a job offer the next day.

Interview Question – How will you handle living far away from your family and friends? Will this cause personal problems for you?   Answer Question

Systems Services Support Analyst Interview

Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments in January 2014.

Interview Details Applied online via Fidelity website and was contacted by a recruiter within 2 weeks. Spoke with a Recruiter the following week provided an overview of the company, division and position and asked a few questions regarding SQL and Linux experience as these were necessary for the position. Interview was scheduled for the following week. I spoke with the team lead initially who asked questions about my resume and tried to get a feel for related experience. He also inquired about my Linux and SQL experience. After this interview, I spoke with another manager, primarily explaining my resume. After 2 pretty good interviews, I was informed a little over a week later they were going with another candidate. Overall took about a month.

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details There were multiple phone interviews across a few months, which was a bit tedious. The first interview was with HR for the initial screening. The HR rep was not experienced with the role or the technical requirements. The second was with the hiring manager. I got the sense that the hiring manager was still trying to get approval for the role while interviewing as there was a bit of hesitation and delay.

Financial Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details 1) Phone call to set up a phone interview. 2) Phone interview that had basic behavior questions and they told you about the job. 3) In person interview with 2 senior account specialist. Pretty easy interview process.

Interview Question – What process and daily goals will you set in place in order to pass the series 7 & 63?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer somewhere else.

Interviewed at Fidelity Investments

Interview Details they really want to see if you can hold a conversation and if you can pass the series 7 test

Interview Question – they want a lot of examples for every question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Technical Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fidelity Investments.

Interview Details first round call with an HR interviewer, second round with several managers interested in me as an intern for their groups.

Interview Question – they were all behavioral questions, the most difficult was "what is your biggest weakness"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not able to negotiate, but very reasonable hourly pay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fidelity Investments