Fifth Third

Getting the Interview

142 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fifth Third in March 2014.

Interview Details I emailed my resume to a friend who was an employee there and set up an interview time with an HR manager. I spoke with the HR manager for about an hour, even though we scheduled just 30 minutes because I had many questions. She was extremely helpful and non-biased. We had a casual conversation about my qualifications and different opportunities available at Fifth Third including career paths.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, we just shared information.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided that getting licensed before starting there may be more beneficial than being trained internally for series 7 licensing.

Associate Portfolio Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details I applied for a position online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later for the initial phone screen. The recruiter indicated that notes from our conversation would be shared with the team with feed back to me in a week. I emailed the recruiter about a week later and never got a reply. Needless to say I probably didn't get the job. It would have been nice to take 30 seconds to reply to my message.

Interview Question – It was fairly standard questions about my background. "Tell me about a big win you had in your last position".   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details I first had a phone interview with a recruiter employed with 5/3 and then met on site with the Branch Manager and Regional Manager.

Interview Question – The questions were very common interview questions for a CSM role. Such as, "What would you do with a customer who may have this type of issue...."   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative/Teller Full Time Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online for one position, they sent me an email asking if I was still interested, never got a reply on that position, then when they contact me it was for a different position I also applied for. she did a phone interview and said she was going to call with a branch manager to see if he would like me to work at his position. (they kept sending me to 3 different positions) so later on that day she called me back and said the branch manager would like to have an 1-on-1 interview with me.

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years?
why do you want this job?
are you used to having sales goals met?
as your manger, how do you want me to help you improve?
  Answer Question

Financial Center Manager Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details Multiple interviews, situational analysis interview questions

Operations Leader Program Interview

Cincinnati, OH (US)

Interviewed at Fifth Third

Interview Details After an initial phone screen, the final interview process was a half day of 6 - 30 minute behavioral interviews.

Interview Question – How would you handle if an employee was crying because they were late for the 10th time and you had a deadline to meet?   Answer Question

Mortgage Fulfillment Manager Interview

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in December 2012.

Interview Details Interview with the staffing agency first, and then phone interview with HR, which set up a on site interview with trainer, manager , VP, and HR. We advise by VP that I would be hire on the spot. Set up another meeting with my direct manager a week later.

Interview Question – The VP and Trainer ask the standard question. How do you handle difficult employees and customers. And give a example.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given the salary I requested. My advice to anyone looking to work for Fifth Third is to accept the offer. This is one of the best company I've work for if I ever get the opportunity to work for them again I would take it immediately.

Homeowners Assistance Counselor Interview

Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details Was hired on after working through temp service, no interview, just asked if I wanted the position after 90 days at the temp place

Interview Question – Why did I want to work there? What experience did I have?   Answer Question

Transaction Support Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details A recruiter calls for a short screening interview. This will have a few STAR questions. (Google "STAR Interview" if you don't know about STAR. You'll need to know all about it for interviewing with Fifth Third). If the recruiter wants to bring you in for an interview with the hiring manager, she'll schedule it at the end of the screening call. If the answer is no, she'll say "We'll contact you soon."

During an interview with the hiring manager, you'll be asked more STAR questions. These will be more specific to the position in question. Do your homework. The job descriptions on the website are poorly written and it's hard to get a good idea of what the job entails. If you know someone on the inside, get info from them or ask the recruiter to give you details. Ask good specific questions and get the manager talking.

Some positions (usually exempt ones) require two interviews, others just one. The manager will let you know.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you took an ethical stand."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate salary, but they wouldn't budge. It was an entry-level position, so that's understandable.

Personal Banker Interview

Personal Banker
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2014.

Interview Details Was initially contacted by a recruiter who was crucial to the process and guided me through all steps of the hiring process which included a screening interview with the recruiter, followed by a interview with a branch manager then with the regional manager and then a final interview with a HR partner. all in all it took about 3 weeks. Was your typical situation based questions, Name a time when you had to do "this", what was the situation, the action, and the result. Also with regional manager went over resume nearly line by line explaining details of each prior job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Was originally offered $40,000 base pay and I countered with $42,000 and they accepted quickly.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fifth Third

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fifth Third interview questions and advice. All 142 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Fifth Third employees and interview candidates.