Fifth Third

152 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Associate Interview

Retail Associate

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details I applied online through an employee referral and was contacted shortly after by a branch manager to schedule interview. Very intimidating interview, was with regional manager and 2 branch managers. Very thorough questions, expect multiple sub-questions for each response.

Interview Questions

Retail Personal Banker Interview

Retail Personal Banker

I applied online and interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details You go through several interviews. Phone interviews, regional interview and then finally a branch interview. You have to take a simple math test, drug test, background check. Communication was amazing with human resources. Very easy process

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Licensed Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fifth Third.

Interview Details Only one interview with the branch manager. Not too many behavioral questions, mostly just questions about my experience and resume. Got hired the next day. Not too much room for negotiation, but there is some.

Interview Question – All conversational   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Credit Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in July 2012.

Interview Details I applied through an employee referral. I was sent an initial online questionnaire and then heard from an HR recruiter shortly after. I had one interview with the hiring manager and received an offer a week later.

Interview Question – Questions were not terribly difficult, mostly centered around my abilities to handle the hours of the job and my proficiency with computers.   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Licensed Personal Banker
Petoskey, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in April 2011.

Interview Details 2 Phone interviews, 2 in person interviews. First with the manager, then the district manager followed by an offer then background check, finger printing, and drug screen. Interviews were all 1-2 weeks apart.

Interview Question – Have I ever had an issue with a supervisor and what I did about it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not get the location I asked for so they came back with an extra $1500 for the year to make up mileage. Salary range here is pretty wide so there is room for neg.

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in May 2013.

Interview Details VERY LENGTHY!!!!!!!! I HAD 2 PHONE INTERVIEWS, 2 FACE TO FACE INTERVIEWS, & 1 PANEL INTERVIEW FOR ONE JOB. WHILE OTHER EMPLOYEES ONLY HAD 2 INTERVIEWS TOTAL. INCONSISTENT WITH INTERVIEW PROCESS

Interview Question – VERY COMPLEX INTERVIEW QUESTIONS DURING INTERVIEW PROCESS   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. The offer was made and the HR rep basically said "it's take it or leave it".

Loan Closing Specialist II Interview

Loan Closing Specialist II
Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Fifth Third in September 2010.

Interview Details It depends on the position. My interviews have usually been with a couple of managers after the first interview is passed. They have a form with questions to ask. Usually pretty comfortable. Just be yourself and answer the best of your abilities. The bank is very team oriented and being engaged with your surroundings is important.

Interview Question – I don't recall and unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fifth Third in April 2014.

Interview Details I think it was just too difficult. To come up with examples for five years experience. This does not give a good feel for who the person truly is.

Interview Question – They were all difficult. Asking for specific examples on a certain aspect of the job. There is no time to think and if you take too long then how does that look.   View Answer

Investment Advisor Interview

Investment Advisor
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Fifth Third in February 2011.

Interview Details When contacted regarding the Position, Fifth Third was professional and thorough. I spoke with the head of the department, HR, the direct manager and the entire team the new hire would be working with.

Interview Question – It was difficult for them to solidify what the goals would be annually.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not knowing annual goals was unsettling.

Senior Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Senior Mortgage Underwriter

Interviewed at Fifth Third

Interview Details Was not interviewed. Did not go through the interview process.

Interview Question – Was not interviewed. I was hired directly from a contract position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No did not negotiate. I felt I was offered a fair salary so accepted it.

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!