First Investors Corporation

Updated 14 Jan 2015
Updated 14 Jan 2015

1.9

Unknown Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Was basic, as everyone else described I was told to come in for a group interview after a phone interview in which they told me what the position would entail.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Received a phone call for an interview of which I do not recall applying for, but with the "I need a job , any job jitters" I agreed to an interview. Like everyone else described I was told to come in the following Tuesday for a group interview. After reading up on the company and position I opted out of the gig because with a new born I would not be able to commit the time required especially to a position I had no passion for (finance). Not to mention I did not have the money required to pay down on a licence for a position I have no interest in (finance)

Interview Questions
    • Are you still interested in a position with us?   View Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

First group Interview where they introduce you to the company and an overview of the job. Second interview, 1:1 with the Branch manager. Gives you a description of the job and asks questions about why you want to be in the industry and do this.

Interview Questions
    • Usual Questions. Show that you are interested in the position and willing to work a lot of hours to get the job done.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. Pay a flat salary + Commissions based on the business you do.

Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at First Investors Corporation.

Just act like you are interested and talk to other people in the waiting room because that is what they want to see... it will be a very important part of your job.

Interview Questions
    No you get $8 an hour plus time and a half for only ten hours regardless of how much you actually work so it averages to like 9 DPH minus taxes.

Financial Representative Interview

Friendly and easy. Started as group interview then invited for a solo interview. Company was inciting but upon further research I found it was a scam. Being a recent college grad, I'm glad I did my research and saved my time and money. No one wants to lose any money trying to attain a full-time position. Plus they didn't even offer benefits.

Financial Representative Interview

Met Richmond VP at job fair, was contacted for an interview. Six other people were there, we were given an hour presentation on the company, fairly standard, and then had an interview that lasted less than five minutes. Basically just checking for a pulse before the next interview.

Financial Planner Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in October 2014.

I met a recruiter a career fair and he was just weird. He asked me regular small talk questions and every time I tried to answer he'd interrupt me mid way. He seemed distracted and I was getting annoyed because that's just plain rude. I described some of the work that I do and he was more interested in how many connections I had and how big my portfolio was. He then gave me a pamphlet and told me to do research on what made these people successful and if I possessed any of those qualities. Afterwards, I went home and researched the firm and wow, I was not wrong. It's sketch.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at First Investors Corporation in October 2014.

One of the best interview experiences I have ever had. Very professional, but also very engaging. Took the time to address questions and gave a good presentation of what the company has to offer.

The first interview is a group interview where you meet other potential candidates and you watch a presentation about the company. Then you meet one on one with vice president or hiring manager. You are given a set of competency questions to take home and fill out.

The second interview they cover everything about the position and meet one on one with the hiring manager and go over your questions that you turn in. Your are then asked several additional questions about your background and asked give additional information.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. They give you competency questions to take home and fill out for your second interview. I will note that don't put "graduating college" as one of your significant achievements.   Answer Question

It wasn't what I wanted to do at the time.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Group interview then personal interview. It is a total scam. No base salary, 100% commission. Good luck surviving on $5K/year. They try to convince you that the company is great but they will tell you to go sucker your parents into getting insurance that they don't need and then will pay you terribly. AVOID.

Total Scam.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at First Investors Corporation in September 2014.

the application was very easy. they contacted me the next day for an interview. didn't like the job. it's a group interview at first then individual. The salary is not good for somebody that has a bachelors degree. it's 25,000 a year for the first year then 100% commission.