Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company Interview Questions

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

Marketing Manager Interview

works place to work ever I hated the process

salary

Product Development FCG Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Applied through college career services and scheduled on campus interview. Standard behavioral questions nothing to surprising. Was called to schedule on-site interview. On site interviews were fairly straightforward with some behavioral as well as some questions about technical skills. Interviewed with 3 people. There was an optional tour available after the interview. Lunch/travel expenses were paid for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe skills that you have that relate to product development.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Information Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Applied online, was contacted several days later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was with 2 employees conferencing in, they asked basic behavioral questions, nothing technical. They wanted to get a sense of you as a person. A big question at Ford is "Why Ford?", which they asked me first. Definitely prepare a good answer for this.

Interview Questions

more attractive offer from another company

Performance & Vehicle Simulation Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

After applying online for this position, I got a rejection email after 15 days!!! and I was disappointed from this email since I thought I was a best fit for this position. BUT, 2 days later I got a call from HR and they interviewed me for this position and they scheduled for a technical phone interview with hiring manager and two other technical specialists. this technical phone interview took about 30 min and they asked briefly about my previous job experiences.
    Five days later they set up an face to face interview. and it took about 90 min.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was based on STAR method. 5 technical-behavioral questions and 5 behavioral questions. I think the questions would be easy for job seekers who are prepared for this type of interviews and have some good and bad experience from their past job experiences and have a good knowledge of what they did before in the previous jobs.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

I was first contacted via email from the supervisor seeking the position. Then he contacted me for a phone call. Then screening through HR where I was asked basic questions. Then they set an interview date and started to make travel arrangements for an onsite panel interview (3 interviewers).

Interview Questions
    • Format of the questions required responses to all questions to be based off of experiences directly. They want a specific response technique for answering most questions. CAR - Circumstances, Actions (taken by individual) and Results (positive)

Two types of questions (10 overall)- Technical & Situation

Answer Question

Ford College Graduate Interview

I applied online, and they called me back 4 days later, after a phone interview with 3 behavioral questions, they took me to dearborn where I had an interview with 9 questions, mostly behavioral and situation questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is your best technical skill and how would you apply it in Ford   Answer Question
    No negotiation, FCG is fixed

Engineer Interview

it's been a few years, but I didn't make it. I had a few interviews with Ford back then. I had interviews directly with the hiring managers. there is two ways; you can either get a job with Ford or through an agency as a contractor

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

I applied through my college. I submitted my resume, and then was pre-selected for an interview. They sent me a case study to complete, and I talked about the case study in my interview for approximately 15 minutes. After the case study, they asked a number of behavioral questions, mostly focused on how you work in a group setting. There was a question about how to handle a situation where my integrity was challenged as well.

I did not negotiate.

Manufacturing FCG Interview

Traveled to Dearborn and stayed overnight at the beautiful Dearborn Inn. The interview began at 11 am the following morning. It lasted 1.5 hours and consisted of about eight questions, each with at least five follow-up questions. The interview was fairly intense, and if there was any discrepancy in your answer, the interviewers pressed you into fully elaborating.

Supplier Technical Assistant Purchasing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ford Motor Company.

The interview was a 3 on 1 interview with mainly behavioral questions. Many questions were about using your experiences to communicate how you've had success working in teams, paying attention to details and going above and beyond what's required. My first interview was an on-campus 2 on 1 interview where they wanted to learn mainly if I would be a good fit at Ford. Both interviews asked similar questions about communication skills, working in teams and paying attention to details.

Interview Questions
    • The first question they asked is "Why do you think you would be successful in this role." For some reason I didn't expect them to lead with such a strong first question.
      They also asked "What are your strongest technical and business skills"

View Answer