Forever 21 Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

filled out an application. gave it to the store. definitely ask them a week later to give you the status of your application, because they do get a lot of applicants. straightforward interview. asked couple questions about fashion merchandising, and a few questions on how i would handle a situation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2014.

Process was simple. I met with the Store and Co Manager in a brief Interview. most of which was me telling a little about myself and them explaining the position and dress code. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. Following I had a more detailed interview with the district Manager, followed by a short telephone interview and offer by the regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions whatsoever. All questions were about past management experience.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21.

Took a week. I went in for an open interview day and stood in line had a one on one interview. Then was told right then to come in for my 2nd interview the following day. Finally got a call the following week.

Interview Questions
    It was simple they called me to offer me the job and they told me how much they were going to pay then I was given the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21.

I saw their post on Craigslist and I emailed them my resume. I got a call from the manager 2 days later for a group interview the next day. The interview was easier than I thought. The manager just asked us the basic common questions every other workplace would ask. From what I can remember, she only asked us four questions. She was really nice and friendly so it was a really comfortable setting. Since it was a group interview, it made it all the more easy. You just have to be really outgoing and enthusiastic and confident and have a smile on your face for the most part. They always hire those kinds of people despite your work experience and skills. She said she would call whoever was hired by the end of the day, and I got the call literally 10 min after the interview and started orientation a week after.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one interesting fact about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Forever 21?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a situation you've had where you were put under a lot of stress.   View Answer
    • What is your availability?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2013.

The interview was a one on one and very fun and the questions weren't hard at all. Make sure you come dressed to the interview fashionable but professional. I got a phone call with an offer just an hour after my interview and I accepted the offer. I had to go to an orientation and then I started that very weekend.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your favorite fashion designer at the moment?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2014.

Saw an online posting that said they were conducting group interviews. Had to wait on a long line and fill out applications. They finally called me and about 6 other people. We stood in an area in the store while an employee asked us questions about our style influences, personal style, etc. It was very casual and there were only about 4 questions. She randomly chose one person to answer each question so I only got to speak once. There wasn't really much of an opportunity to sell yourself which is why I prefer one on one interviews. After the questioning was over she collected our resumes and said we would get a call if our applications had been considered. I never got a call.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions just "Who is your style inspiration?"   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newport Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21.

I was shopping and saw a table with a sign that said hiring and some applications. I had been looking for a second job and I figured why not. I filled one out turned it in and got a call back the next day or possibly the day after that. I had an interview set up a few days later that when I arrived I realized was a group interview. I wore something that would be considered trendy due to the nature of the job. I was interviewed with two other girls and it was relatively easy. The questions for the lost part were the typical who are you what have you done in the past why do you want to work here etc. As well as telling us about the company and the types of personality they're looking for. At the end of the interview we were all hired on the spot. Generally they do call backs I believe, but he said he wanted all three of us so there was no need to call individually. We were then all set up with an orientation date and sent on our ways.

Interview Questions
    • If a customer were to come up to you with this shirt and say she really liked it but she's not sure if it would look good on her or how to wear it what would you do?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21.

was very easy because of my experience and studies. they promise a lot of things when i was in the interview, like more money after the training months plus they didn't talk about working night shifts on weekends.

Interview Questions
    • offering me less money than they said in the job offer   View Answer
    go in for 3 months while the training with a low salary, the get more money, It never happened that way.

Forever 21 Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Walked in and asked for a manager I was given an application and scheduled for an interview on the spot for the following day. Interviewed with the loss prevention head and was told to expect a call before Monday (interview was held on Friday). On Sunday afternoon I was called back and offered a sales position. I started the week after my orientation due to an issue with my paper work at HR, you'll probably start much sooner(days after).

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. My interviewer asked "Why do YOU want to work here?" several times throughout usually after explaining a not-so-pleasant part of the job, I guess to make sure I was serious about the job.   Answer Question
    No negotiation unless you've worked retail for very long or are a higher up(manager)

Employee/Asst Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Forever 21 in January 2014.

I applied on website and the process from that point to actually being hired was very confusing, unorganized, unprofessional. I did not get a response for weeks as to whether or not I had a job and what my pay would be.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle a complaint about store manager from employee or myself.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate but felt uncomfortable waiting weeks on the answer to get paid more.

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!