Forever 21

585 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

PR Assistant Interview

PR Assistant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Interview Details No phone interview, called in for first round. I was interviewed by 3 younger women, and it was very intimidating. I felt that I was being judged the whole time. They asked tons of questions about fashion, nothing about my PR experience. They had me walk them through every position on my resume and it almost seemed they were struggling to find questions to ask me. One woman kept looking at another person's resume during my interview which I felt was rude. Overall, it was not a good interview experience, the girls were immature and the position has nothing to do with PR.

Interview Question – What fashion blogs do you follow? What celebrity if your fashion twin? What fashion blogs do you follow on Instagram? What do you like about our social media and what can we change?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2013.

Interview Details I wasn't expecting a group interview. There was about 20 people interviewing for the same position. If you were not communicating with the manager, you basically didn't get the job.

Interview Question – When was a time when you and a customer had a disagreement?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details Walked in the store and picked up an application. Turned it in to a manager, they reviewed it and started interviewing me on the spot. It was sudden but I tried to not show it. They asked routine questions like 'why forever 21', 'what would you do in this situation', 'how do you keep up with the latest trends' and I answered them honestly and confidently. i was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details Came in filled out App. Manager asked to see me right away. We did a one on one interview in the lobby area of the mall and she asked a series of questions. Nothing out of the ordinary, just previous work history, why I wanted to work their. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – All standard. Why do you want to work here? Etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details The whole process took about 3 and half weeks. A friend of mines told me they were hiring so I hurried up and completed an application. I turned my application and resume in personally to the store manager and introduced myself. She asked certain questions on the spot like do you have any retail experience, etc. I had ZERO experience in retail but I showed confidence & also explained my last job where I worked directly with people. She told me she would give me a call but of course as a job seeker NEVER rely on that. I called about a week later to speak with her on following up with my app but she wouldn't be in that entire week! So I continued my job hunt. About 2 weeks later I finally got a call for an interview. It was a one on one interview with an assistant manager, who was very laid back and the questions asked were as well. After the interview she told me I should be receiving a call in a couple days. 2 days later I was offered the position. I accepted and had to go through two days of orientation! I started my first shift a couple days later.

Interview Question – The questions were really basic.
Tell me about yourself.
What's your sense of style?
How would you deal w/ a difficult customer?
Why would you like to work in retail?
How well do you work w/ others?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Interview Details There is a interview with the district manager and if you are considered you are called back for an interview with the store manager and district manager depending on the store. Some interviews are group interviews with different store managers to see if you are qualified for a new store opening.

Interview Question – What are your Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – s

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Interview Details I went to the mall for the job fair, expecting people to be sitting outside and filling out applications but instead it was just a small table with 3 interviewers interviewing people. I totally thought the job fair was going to be a group interview but I was wrong. I waited a while for one of the interviews to be over (didn't take too long, 7 minutes?). The interviewer I got was very relaxed and dressed really casually as opposed to the other two which were dressed much more formally. She was super nice and just asked me the series of questions listed below. As she was wrapping up the interview she shook my hand and said, "Welcome to the team". I was so stunned that she hired me on the spot, I didn't even have to words to speak. I just stared at her and she said we'll give you a call soon about the orientation. Not entirely sure if I'll be able to hold the job considering the fact they are mass hiring, friends have told me that they hire 300 people to help set up the store then fire a whole bunch.

Interview Question – Are you over 16?
What do you know about forever 21?
What skills have you put into play in your previous employment?
What is the most valuable skill you have taken from that job(s)?
Strengths and weaknesses?
What is customer service to you?
How would you deal with an upset customer?
How would you deal with someone shop lifting?
What do you want to gain at forever 21 ?(work experience related)
Why would you be an asset to forever 21?
How do you deal in situations involving high levels of stress?
  Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward and told me you can't have another life or job outside of their company.. The lady who interviewed me was really nice but straight forward at the same time. Came to liking her but she quit a little after I joined the team.

Interview Question – What would you do in this situation? And I swear they would throw any random scenario at you...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – DON'T DO IT IF YOU STILL WANT A LIFE.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview Details Dropped my resume off, got a call two weeks later. Basic questions like, tell me about yourself, tell me about a time how you handled a stressful situation. Got an offer and I accepted it. My coworkers and managers were amazing. Had a really good time working there.

Interview Question – None, really easy   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and got called about a week later. The interview was done by the VM and the store manager and there was another person with me in the interview who applied for the same position, which was a little weird. The questions were very easy, for example: How to you work in team? what are your strengths/weaknesses? etc

Interview Question – In general the interview was very easy and basic and also I have to say in a quite chaotic environment. The questions were very basic and easy, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Worked for Forever 21? Contribute to the Community!