Fred Meyer

Updated 29 Jan 2015

2.4

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

Someone gets a call from HR and gives a recommendation to whichever department manager has the opening. Someone then gets to interview with the department manager and most likely another interview with a higher manager. If someone gets the job, they get a mouth swab test and a background test.

The background test takes:

FOREVER

The process took too long for what the job was, I wondered many times for about a month if they were ever going to call me back with orientation details.

I got the job and the management doesn't know what they are doing in any way and attempt to create an autopilot atmosphere with old closed door management techniques. The pay isn't bad, for retail, and the job isn't that bad.

Interview Questions
    • What are 3 things you would improve about yourself if you could?   View Answer

Home and Garden Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseburg, OR (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Roseburg, OR (US)

interviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2014.

I was contacted almost immediately for an interview at the store. It was a group interview where the manager asked all in the interview 6 questions to answer without using the same answer that someone else gave. it was a difficult process some of the time. After the 6 questions had been answered by everyone in attendance, we all filled out a two page questionnaire and handed it in. Then we were allowed to leave.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer in October 2014.

I was hired at 17 after one interview. The interview consisted of a group of questions that were asked of me by the Operations Manager. I was requested to complete a speed test on a training register, which I passed.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to move to Spokane and Seattle Washington.   View Answer
    Very quick and simple basic questions.

Public Affairs Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

The manager who interviewed me didn't have a list of typed questions. Wrote notes in a journal in pencil and allowed me to run the interview and tell her what I wished. When I repeatedly asked her (in different ways) about her goals and vision for the department she didn't really answer and seemed to get upset. Now I know it is because she had none.

Interview Questions
    She offered a wage and I accepted. It was a good time to move from current position. In hind site it was a terrible move.

Home Electronics Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer.

HR called the day after I submitted my application. Unfortunately she brought me in at the start of the electronic managers vacation. I was first interviewed on the 2nd and on the 19th got the "You got the job" call. Very long process and interviews were less than professional.

Interview Questions
    HR asked what i was seeking.....she was honest about what they could offer.

Price Changer Interview

Not current with procedure. I was hired a long time ago and the process has changed unable to comment. You can apply on line. The company does a lot of networking with family and friends. Referrals make some of the best associates.

Food Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

Computor only application, then a phone survey, last is in person interviews. They call you to take a phone survey/ personality test. It asks several questions in different ways. I guess I passed and was called in for a 1 on 1 interview. The interview was very basic. We then met with the department manager, that went good as well. The Manager wanted me to start thenext day, but I gave two weeks at my other employer.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fred Meyer.

You apply online, HR then looks through applications and calls in qualified applicants for a screening, if they pass that then you get an interview with the department manager or asst., they can then hire you on the spot or call you back if they have others. If hired you do a oral drug test on location, once the drug test and background come back good the HR will call you in for orientation ... unfortunately this process can take 2-3 weeks before you actually get to start working.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite job/activity and why?   View Answer

CCK Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Fred Meyer in July 2014.

The interview process was 2 separate interviews, the first with a group of four others. Questions were basic, what is work ethic, describe your wok ethic in 3 words, why do you want to work for the company, what do you want to get out of your employment with Fred Meyer. The second interview was with the manager and asked the same basic questions. The third visit was for a drug test, pretty simple process. Took a few weeks from the first interview until the drug test

Interview Questions
    • How would you turn a negative experience into a positive experience?   Answer Question

The top pay for a cashier is $15.10 an hour, I make more than that at my current job

Cashier/Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fred Meyer in July 2014.

Interview was easy and straightforward. My extensive retail experience, although acknowledged, had little bearing on the offer as positions in my particular area of interest were unavailable. Wages were not based on experience but on a scale according to Union specifications, so there was no negotiating for a wage commensurate to my experience.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions that were asked were in any way unexpected. Most regarded availability, experience, and expectations.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. At the time of hire I absolutely needed a job and they were filling a newly vacated position.