GE Capital

Updated 10 Dec 2014

2.9

Credit Card Collections Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in September 2014.

Group Interview for position of credit card collections officer - There were about 10 other candidates there.
    People I had an interview with were quite competitive, but I doubt it would be like that everytime
    - first, we went around the room and everyone introduced themseleves.
    - then, in groups of 3 or 4, we were given a couple of scenarios and solutions. As a team, we had to match up the right solution to the scenarios. Had to present our decisions to rest of the room. Interviewers asked a couple of questions to test us at end of our 'presentation'.
    - After all groups were done presenting, half of the candidates left with individual interviewers for one on one interviews, half of the group was given a tour of the building.
    -One on One interview involved a series of behavioural questions. 'STAR' format. so, your answers to the question needed to address the Situation, Action you took and the Results.

Interview Questions
    • 'Give an example of a time when you took on a side project and how you managed it'   Answer Question

I am a student, and the hours that they offered me didn't suit me

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in September 2014.

After submitting my application, they asked for an interview that involved going to a website and answering questions using a webcam. The next step was to complete online testing. I was then invited to come to GE Capital's office and was interviewed by two people. It took a bit under 45 minutes.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Capital.

Phone with HR & interview with Hiring Manager. Immediate offer next day.
    Excel and technical tests.
    Follow a set of standard questions.
    Quick and easy. No referees check.
    Themes of questions:
    Why you want to work there.
    -Prioritise
    -Persistence
    -Growth
    -Risk taking
    -Unexpected events
    -Difficult team member.
    Offer is higher than current salary.

Interview Questions

Accepted another similar offer closer to home.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in August 2012.

First round telephone screening, second round aptitude test along with behavioural scenarios

Financial Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital.

Met through on-campus career fair, and received an interview for the next day to take place at my university . The interview was 30 minutes and strictly behavioral. All questions I had seen before and were really straight forward.

Within 2 days I had been offered an interview at their HQ in Norwalk, Connecticut. There was a dinner the night before with current FMP's which was great because we were able to ask them a lot of questions and they were pretty forward with their answers. The next morning consisted of a couple information sessions, two 30 minute interviews, and wrapped up with a lunch with more FMP's.

I got the official offer a week and a half later and accepted on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, as it is a rotational program.

Process Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital.

consists 4 rounds for non voice process the first round will be personnel introduction and the second voice and accent where you are judged which process suits you wethere voice or non voice. and the third is aptitude. fourth is operations and this one is the final round .

Field Auditor Interview

Quick and painless, it was lengthy, but too be expected for a large corporation. Management and HR was very informative and helpful through the whole process. I was able to shadow an employee prior to joining, which made the decision easier.

FMP Trainee Interview

Went through school's hiring website and had a behavioral interview. After, there was a phone interview that was very similar to the first interview I had. The interviewers were very friendly and nice and was able to give me an idea of how working with GE would be like.

RMP Summer Interview

I applied on campus and the whole process took around 3 weeks. 2nd round was around a week after the first. No technical questions. Mostly fit questions, past experiences, items on your resume. Onsite interview included a group interview to test your ability to work on a team. Both interviewers were very pleasant, and I'm guessing that is universal around the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time someone you know acted unethically.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital.

Phone Interview followed by in-person with team leader followed by department manager followed by final phone interview with HR Manager. Took 3 weeks total. Most questions were about my background and why GE was a fit. What have you done in the past that prepares you for your new role? A lot of questions in that line of thought. Take your past and apply it to what you think you would encounter in this new role.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. Toughest question,and it really wasn't that tough, was what part of the job would I be the most uncomfortable performing.   View Answer
    No negotiating room. They put an offer on the table and it was strong so I took it. I did ask for more base but they basically said they could not offer more. I was more than happy with it anyhow.