GE Capital Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
206 interviews

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at GE Capital.

Phone with HR & interview with Hiring Manager. Immediate offer next day.
    Excel and technical tests.
    Follow a set of standard questions.
    Quick and easy. No referees check.
    Themes of questions:
    Why you want to work there.
    -Prioritise
    -Persistence
    -Growth
    -Risk taking
    -Unexpected events
    -Difficult team member.
    Offer is higher than current salary.

Interview Questions

Accepted another similar offer closer to home.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2012.

First round telephone screening, second round aptitude test along with behavioural scenarios

Financial Statement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2014.

I was contacted by the GE consultant to set up a time for a telephone interview. As scheduled the consultant called me Tuesday morning and mostly went through the interview process, the company and general stuff. She also told me the hiring manager was on vacation and will be back next week when I will be called for an On site interview. She even gave me the hiring managers name and discussed about the compensation. I did not receive any email from the manager the whole week. I emailed the consultant and asked her about the status. She was very quick with her response and told me will touch base with the manager. Next day I got an email saying-Hiring manager had interviewed few candidates before she went to vacation and has decided to go with one of them.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked as I wasn't even called for an interview   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

I knew GE would be a tough place to get in. So I wrote to the HR at GE without any expectation to get an interview. I told them in the letter that I would be a good fit but if they want to pass on a great candidate then it's at their own cost. "Go ahead and select other candidates" is what I told them. I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • Do you wind working long hours? Does your wife work also?   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Capital.

I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview was quite easy, just resume questions and basic technical questions based on my skill set. They are seeking for someone who has both solid data analysis/programming skills and good academic background. So ivy kids are lucky! They moved very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • explain the US investment visa program and compare it to the similar programs in Canada and Australia   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Credit Sales Manager TJX Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at GE Capital in July 2014.

First Interview by phone with HR, standard and efficient, Second Interview by phone with Regional Sales Manger, in depth, friendly and professional, Third interview, Face to Face with Regional Sales Manager (and Client ) Flown from Florida to Boston on a 6am flight, not given adequate time to travel the 65 miles to the corporate office, ground transportation was not pre arranged and pre paid. Arrived to the interview late which was unavoidable. Interview did not go well. Was flown back to different airport than departure airport causing additional expense and time Found out I was no longer a candidate one week later by checking my status on the company website. Never received a response from the Regional Sales Manger to follow up E mail or E mail regarding reimbursement issues. Received reimbursement 3 weeks after expenses submitted

Interview Questions
    • Describe a day in the Life of GE credit sales Manager?   View Answer

Finance Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital.

The Most Awful process ever!!!!! After apply to GE Capital for different positions - either the position would be Cancelled After the Phone Screen by either HR or the Hiring Manager or in a couple cases put on hold, I finally got thru the HR and Hiring Manager phone screen and Actually Received the Official Invitation to Interview. I Quickly (within minutes of the email) gave my Availability to Interview as requested for the Following Week...... and waited and waited and waited. Finally after a 5 DAY wait to get the interview scheduled - I sent an email to the Recruiter asking the status - and received no reply. After a couple days, I went to the GE HR website and saw that my status has change from Interview in Process/Planned back to Under Review. How does one go from an official invitation to interview backwards to Under Review and NO ONE had the decency to reach out

Interview Questions
    • No questions as the process never got past the Request for Interview Availability and no one ever responded or provided an update.   Answer Question

Financial Management Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital in July 2014.

After a fifteen minutes phone interview (that was postponed several times due to lack of organisation in the company), got invited for an assessment centre. Mix of behavioural and technical accounting questions, not many surprises although the accounting questions are not easy. No business cases nor annoying group works. Sometimes it seemed like the interviewers were actually not listening. One month to receive a feedback and to learn that, after travelling quite a long distance, no refund of the travel expenses was given! The first excellent impression you get of the company once you step in is betrayed by the slowness and misorganisation that characterises all the processes.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that the behavioural questions they were asking were very similar to each other but different answers were expected.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dayton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in May 2014.

Positives: The application process is straightforward: submit resume at GE careers page and do an assessment. If you pass the assessment, you are invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was a review of my resume, a few questions, and a discussion of the position. I was invited to an on-site interview. I couldn't schedule this over the phone because all of the current time-slots for interviews were full. I was told to keep checking my email so I could schedule it later.

Red flag #1: I was told we had to arrive 15 minutes early in business casual and bring along all seven pages of the application I was about to fill out (signed), a print-out of a confirmation of my interview, and a picture ID. I was told that if I didn't fulfill every single thing perfectly or if I was even one minute late, I’d be turned away and would have to wait 6 months to reapply. Don't get me wrong-- job applicants should do all these things. But why does a company feel the need to make a rule explicitly stating it? Why all the micromanagement when you don’t even work there yet?

Red flag #2: when I went to schedule the on-site, the only options they gave me were either the next day (less than 12 hours’ notice) or the day after. There were no other options available. The instructions say that you are supposed to devote two hours to this interview, because it could take this long (not including the 15 minutes early arrival). I am still working at my current job and I have non-work responsibilities that are actually very important, yet I am expected to pretty much drop everything and devote a rather large chunk of time to an interview-- on virtually no notice? Every face-to-face interview I've ever had was schedule a week in advance (or at least 4-5 days), leaving me plenty of time to get prepared and to gather everything I needed. There is no reason that GE cannot do the same.

Red flag #3: I decided after all of this that GE wasn't the company for me. There is no option available for withdrawing your application at all, so I keep getting bombarded with emails (1-3 per day) to schedule my interview. This is super frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were relatively standard. Google "Most Common Interview Questions" and those are the type of questions you'll be asked.   Answer Question

I declined the offer to move on to the next process because after giving it some thought, I decided the company wasn't for me.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I interviewed online - interviewed at GE Capital.

Applied online; wans informed by phone for the further process; Needed to go trough process for compliance (long but worth it); interview was with one HR intern and my later bos; they called me 2 days after the interview to let me know i was in.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, all interns get the same

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!