GE Capital

199 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details Phone with HR & interview with Hiring Manager. Immediate offer next day.
Excel and technical tests.
Follow a set of standard questions.
Quick and easy. No referees check.
Themes of questions:
Why you want to work there.
-Prioritise
-Persistence
-Growth
-Risk taking
-Unexpected events
-Difficult team member.
Offer is higher than current salary.

Interview Question – How you deal with difficult team member?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted another similar offer closer to home.

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2012.

Interview Details First round telephone screening, second round aptitude test along with behavioural scenarios

Interview Question – How do you keep yourself updated?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Dayton, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in May 2014.

Interview Details Positives: The application process is straightforward: submit resume at GE careers page and do an assessment. If you pass the assessment, you are invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was a review of my resume, a few questions, and a discussion of the position. I was invited to an on-site interview. I couldn't schedule this over the phone because all of the current time-slots for interviews were full. I was told to keep checking my email so I could schedule it later.

Red flag #1: I was told we had to arrive 15 minutes early in business casual and bring along all seven pages of the application I was about to fill out (signed), a print-out of a confirmation of my interview, and a picture ID. I was told that if I didn't fulfill every single thing perfectly or if I was even one minute late, I’d be turned away and would have to wait 6 months to reapply. Don't get me wrong-- job applicants should do all these things. But why does a company feel the need to make a rule explicitly stating it? Why all the micromanagement when you don’t even work there yet?

Red flag #2: when I went to schedule the on-site, the only options they gave me were either the next day (less than 12 hours’ notice) or the day after. There were no other options available. The instructions say that you are supposed to devote two hours to this interview, because it could take this long (not including the 15 minutes early arrival). I am still working at my current job and I have non-work responsibilities that are actually very important, yet I am expected to pretty much drop everything and devote a rather large chunk of time to an interview-- on virtually no notice? Every face-to-face interview I've ever had was schedule a week in advance (or at least 4-5 days), leaving me plenty of time to get prepared and to gather everything I needed. There is no reason that GE cannot do the same.

Red flag #3: I decided after all of this that GE wasn't the company for me. There is no option available for withdrawing your application at all, so I keep getting bombarded with emails (1-3 per day) to schedule my interview. This is super frustrating.

Interview Question – All questions were relatively standard. Google "Most Common Interview Questions" and those are the type of questions you'll be asked.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer to move on to the next process because after giving it some thought, I decided the company wasn't for me.

Structured Risk/ Interview

Structured Risk/

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in November 2013.

Interview Details I made a great contact at the beginning of the year. Asked me to interview last second and the interview was very structured but since I knew the individual, it was more conversational. I bypassed the second round and was supposed to go to the office for the third. Thankfully, GE was great and worked around my schedule to just go through two phone interviews.

Interview Question – They went in depth about your leadership experience. Don't just have surface level answers but be able to back them up   Answer Question

FMP Interview

FMP

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details The hiring process was nothing special. The interviewers asked basic questions that you learn your freshman year of college. The key is to have genuine interest in GE and the position. GE Capital is a huge business and there are a lot of thing to learn from it. Although the interview process isn't flashy or exciting, the business itself is amazing and a great experience that made me want to come back.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or surprising questions. If you have read through any basic behavioral interview questions, you won't have any surprises.   Answer Question

Collections Representative Interview

Collections Representative
Dayton, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GE Capital in June 2014.

Interview Details By far the most drawn out interview and hiring process I've ever been put through. It took approximately three and a half months between completing my application to the time I finally received confirmation regarding the job, and after the company purposely wasted my time and money they didn't even have the decency of calling to inform me that they had chosen a different candidate for the position.

Interview Question – They asked many questions, none of which were overly difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at GE Capital

Interview Details Two rounds of interviews. First round with future colleagues including two directors and the current intern. Second round with the hiring director again and the head of the team (MD).

Interview Question – Talk about the investment market   Answer Question

All Interview

All

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details Be sure to use the EARL method process for answering questions, expect to be asked multistep questions, and about strengths and weaknesses. The interview process is lengthy, and the offer process is also long. Be patient, it will be worth it. There will be a lot of back and forth, and perhaps multiple rounds, depending on the slate.

Interview Question – Situational Questions   Answer Question

CFS Interview

CFS
Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in July 2014.

Interview Details The initial process took about two-three weeks. You will need to print a 14 page application for the onsite interview. A lot of questions about diversity with the first interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked with a diverse group.   View Answer

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GE Capital.

Interview Details Interview was fine , 1 week hiring. One on two with a person that I was not even going to work for. The person I was going to work for said nothing.

Reason for Declining – There was no training program for my specific podition, had to be in with customer service and accounting people. Once I got to the work station i had a nuddy but was exprctef yo figure it out on my own was 70%. Then yhere are no bonuses or insentive pay. Plus I told the up front I wad not going yo be doing collection. They gave collections the third week. Also ran into very aggressive people that had low tolerance for newbies.

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!