GE Capital Interview Questions

2.9

Credit Card Collections Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in September 2014.

Group Interview for position of credit card collections officer - There were about 10 other candidates there.
    People I had an interview with were quite competitive, but I doubt it would be like that everytime
    - first, we went around the room and everyone introduced themseleves.
    - then, in groups of 3 or 4, we were given a couple of scenarios and solutions. As a team, we had to match up the right solution to the scenarios. Had to present our decisions to rest of the room. Interviewers asked a couple of questions to test us at end of our 'presentation'.
    - After all groups were done presenting, half of the candidates left with individual interviewers for one on one interviews, half of the group was given a tour of the building.
    -One on One interview involved a series of behavioural questions. 'STAR' format. so, your answers to the question needed to address the Situation, Action you took and the Results.

Interview Questions
    • 'Give an example of a time when you took on a side project and how you managed it'   Answer Question

I am a student, and the hours that they offered me didn't suit me

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at GE Capital.

Phone with HR & interview with Hiring Manager. Immediate offer next day.
    Excel and technical tests.
    Follow a set of standard questions.
    Quick and easy. No referees check.
    Themes of questions:
    Why you want to work there.
    -Prioritise
    -Persistence
    -Growth
    -Risk taking
    -Unexpected events
    -Difficult team member.
    Offer is higher than current salary.

Interview Questions

Accepted another similar offer closer to home.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2012.

First round telephone screening, second round aptitude test along with behavioural scenarios

Account Manager Interview

I applied for a position and luckily I got an email quickly to set up the phone interview. The phone interview went great and actually was fairly quick I knew right at that time that she would be setting me up for a face to face interview. They set up the face to face interviews really quickly also. I met with 4 people every 30 minutes. Intimidating but the people were great and actually made me feel at ease. They all went great and I now have another phone interview hopefully to wrap up the details and be offered the position!!

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and how did you overcome....this is always a tough question for me   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Fill out application con their website. After phone interview i got an appointment for an onsite interview. Have to cancel my interview due to personal reasons. Reschedule interview for later this month.

Finance Manager Interview

I knew GE would be a tough place to get in. So I wrote to the HR at GE without any expectation to get an interview. I told them in the letter that I would be a good fit but if they want to pass on a great candidate then it's at their own cost. "Go ahead and select other candidates" is what I told them. I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • Do you wind working long hours? Does your wife work also?   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Capital.

I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview was quite easy, just resume questions and basic technical questions based on my skill set. They are seeking for someone who has both solid data analysis/programming skills and good academic background. So ivy kids are lucky! They moved very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • explain the US investment visa program and compare it to the similar programs in Canada and Australia   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital.

The Most Awful process ever!!!!! After apply to GE Capital for different positions - either the position would be Cancelled After the Phone Screen by either HR or the Hiring Manager or in a couple cases put on hold, I finally got thru the HR and Hiring Manager phone screen and Actually Received the Official Invitation to Interview. I Quickly (within minutes of the email) gave my Availability to Interview as requested for the Following Week...... and waited and waited and waited. Finally after a 5 DAY wait to get the interview scheduled - I sent an email to the Recruiter asking the status - and received no reply. After a couple days, I went to the GE HR website and saw that my status has change from Interview in Process/Planned back to Under Review. How does one go from an official invitation to interview backwards to Under Review and NO ONE had the decency to reach out

Interview Questions
    • No questions as the process never got past the Request for Interview Availability and no one ever responded or provided an update.   Answer Question

Financial Statement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I applied online - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2014.

I was contacted by the GE consultant to set up a time for a telephone interview. As scheduled the consultant called me Tuesday morning and mostly went through the interview process, the company and general stuff. She also told me the hiring manager was on vacation and will be back next week when I will be called for an On site interview. She even gave me the hiring managers name and discussed about the compensation. I did not receive any email from the manager the whole week. I emailed the consultant and asked her about the status. She was very quick with her response and told me will touch base with the manager. Next day I got an email saying-Hiring manager had interviewed few candidates before she went to vacation and has decided to go with one of them.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked as I wasn't even called for an interview   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2014.

Application online. Filled out and took initial assessment. Told immediately that I passes test and could schedule phone interview but no times were available... To check back. Over 3-4 days kept checking then late Sunday night... Boom! Phone interview: lady called 5 kind early. Very kind. BE UPBEAT!! After, she put me on hold to "check over things". Came back on phone and offered me onsite interview. But again... No time slots available. Had to wait to schedule. Two days later... BOOM! Onsite interview following week. Arrived early. Only waited 20 minutes. Lady came out at exactly the right time. Very friendly, behavioral type questions. Tell me about... Can you name... Etc. she left the room to talk to HR. Came back and offered me job and gave pay info. Asked to pick my shift right then. Schedule fingerprint and drug screen immediately. Spent 3 weeks waiting for background check to be completed. STRESSFUL!! Got email because they couldn't get in touch with past employer and needed w2. Faxed off. Then, waited some more. Called today to check in on process and she confirmed I passed and everything was a okay!!!

N/a

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!