GE Capital Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014

2.9

Credit Card Collections Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in September 2014.

Group Interview for position of credit card collections officer - There were about 10 other candidates there.
    People I had an interview with were quite competitive, but I doubt it would be like that everytime
    - first, we went around the room and everyone introduced themseleves.
    - then, in groups of 3 or 4, we were given a couple of scenarios and solutions. As a team, we had to match up the right solution to the scenarios. Had to present our decisions to rest of the room. Interviewers asked a couple of questions to test us at end of our 'presentation'.
    - After all groups were done presenting, half of the candidates left with individual interviewers for one on one interviews, half of the group was given a tour of the building.
    -One on One interview involved a series of behavioural questions. 'STAR' format. so, your answers to the question needed to address the Situation, Action you took and the Results.

Interview Questions
    • 'Give an example of a time when you took on a side project and how you managed it'   Answer Question

I am a student, and the hours that they offered me didn't suit me

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE Capital.

Phone with HR & interview with Hiring Manager. Immediate offer next day.
    Excel and technical tests.
    Follow a set of standard questions.
    Quick and easy. No referees check.
    Themes of questions:
    Why you want to work there.
    -Prioritise
    -Persistence
    -Growth
    -Risk taking
    -Unexpected events
    -Difficult team member.
    Offer is higher than current salary.

Interview Questions

Accepted another similar offer closer to home.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in August 2012.

First round telephone screening, second round aptitude test along with behavioural scenarios

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GE Capital.

Took online assessment which involved different customer service scenarios. Passed, then received email to set up a phone interview. Missed the first call because the phone never rang. (You are only allowed 2 chances then have to wait 6 months to reapply.) I was told congratulations after a brief hold and I could continue the process. No face to face appointments available yet and to check in periodically to get an open slot. Got one the following week. Intimidating (2 people) and lots of questions and writing things down. There was a job offer extended but 2 days before I was to start the HR lady called to say there was a hold up on my background check and I couldn't start with the group without it. She said I could possibly play catch up if it came within a day. Never called me back so I was left hanging. 3 months later I saw they were hiring again and they said that my application said background check wasn't received by testing facility on time (no fault of my own) and they rescheduled ANOTHER face to face. I went yesterday and it was 1 lady (less invasive interview.) I do believe I have to do another background check. I also had to bring papers (resume, section 19...) again. I had to fill out application again. You sign your life away and it feels like you're applying for a job with the FBI. Unfortunately no one seems to know what's going on and has any real answers as to why I'm repeating the process. Ill just continue to jump through hoops I guess. So THIS time she did not extend a job offer unlike the first time. I may have come across as annoyed because of the repeat procedure and didn't mean to. I DID mention what had happened and it may have been a mistake to do that because she might have felt that I thought I was already golden because I had been offered a position previously.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle extra work your manager gave you and continue to get your own work done.   View Answer

RMP Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE Capital.

First round on campus, with a Risk Leader. Some technical questions but nothing too difficult. Final round superday at Meadowvale office - 3 interviews, HR, current RMP, and Risk Leader. Superday is not technical, only behavioural

Interview Questions
    • Superday questions focused a lot on values and integrity.   Answer Question

IT Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE Capital.

Well organized. I started with recruiter and a phone interview with hiring manager followed by onsite interviews with business colleagues, senior IT leaders (including CIO) and HR. I spent 45 minutes to an hour with each person. Each interview was very informative and interactive. Great people and great process from parking, security check in, and interview schedule allowing for enough time to learn about the company and the role. The people I interviewed with were intelligent, experienced and a mix of new and tenured employees.

Interview Questions
    • None come to mind. A lot of experience questions, cultural fit questions, etc.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital.

Two interviews. First interview: with the manager (future boss) and a senior manager. They ask mostly about technical problems such as your knowledge on Microsoft Office such as: "what is the excel command for a Vlookup." They also ask behavioural questions such as "what would you do if...." and "describe a situation when...". Expect questions from past experiences as well. They also ask questions to determine your personality to make sure you fit well with the team that you will be working with. Extensive background check that takes about 1 week.

Second interview: with the manager (future boss), and his right-hand person. This is more of a casual introduction than an interview. They will go through the company culture and the team structure, giving you a general idea on the role you will be taking on.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioural questions. For example: Describe a time where you had difficulty with a task, and how you handled it", "What makes you a good fit at GE Capital?"   Answer Question

FMP Interview

Standard interview process. On-campus interview first round, then a final screening-like interview second round. Be sure to be prepared for an interview question on integrity. Standard behavioral questions. Be sure to know why you want to work for GE. Know specific group you want to work in. Helps if you know someone already in the program.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your integrity was challenged. What did you do about it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation... But paid $21.50/hour + housing taken care of.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GE Capital in October 2014.

Initially applied online and completed an assessment test. Which was basically regarding banking policies and how to scenarios, as well as personality Q&As. Once completed I was immediately offered to schedule a phone interview.

I missed the first call and was luckily able to reschedule for the following day(they only allow you to reschedule once). After we went over my resume and HR asked me some basic customer service questions and went over some WWYD scenarios she placed me on a brief hold and told me they would like to set up an onsite interview. UNFORTUNATELY they did not have any start dates so she told me to check back with their career center and email for upcoming dates.

I received an email about week later, on a Tuesday, letting me know I could schedule an interview. They only had interviews for that Wednesday and Thursday available, luckily I was off Thursday and scheduled my interview (pretty inconvenient since it last minute, especially if your currently employed). I received a confirmation email immediately after with my time and date. The following day, around 4pm, I received a call from their business letting me know they OVERBOOKED ALL of their interview time slots but training may open up in January or February 2015.... (What!). Since I was at work I couldn't call their career center so I called them Thursday morning before my interview to inquire. The associate Jeff was rude and non-empathetic. I told him of the call I received and after validating my information he informed me that it seems that I am still scheduled for the interview that day, Thursday at 11am. I told him of the associate that called me and he said, "I would still show up if I were you". I thanked him and he hung up without even a departing greeting.

I went ahead and got dressed for this interview, printed out the documents they requested of me and had a family member drop me off. Thank goodness I told my family member to wait 10 minutes just in case. I arrived at 10:45am and spoke with the receptionist about why I was there. The front desk personnel was talking to another associate that they were told they were done with interviews but went in the back to inform HR of my arrival. HR came out and informed me that they contacted me regarding canceling the interview due to overbooking the time slots. I was polite but pretty livid that it seems as if their career center service aren't on the same page. Also, why indicate your hiring but have no real start date. Plus how do you even overbook an interview?! I was initially excited to potentially work for them but now I'm happy I know what type of business they run.. INCONSISTENT.

Account Manager Interview

I applied for a position and luckily I got an email quickly to set up the phone interview. The phone interview went great and actually was fairly quick I knew right at that time that she would be setting me up for a face to face interview. They set up the face to face interviews really quickly also. I met with 4 people every 30 minutes. Intimidating but the people were great and actually made me feel at ease. They all went great and I now have another phone interview hopefully to wrap up the details and be offered the position!!

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and how did you overcome....this is always a tough question for me   Answer Question