GE Capital Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014
Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at GE Capital.

Phone with HR & interview with Hiring Manager. Immediate offer next day.
    Excel and technical tests.
    Follow a set of standard questions.
    Quick and easy. No referees check.
    Themes of questions:
    Why you want to work there.
    -Prioritise
    -Persistence
    -Growth
    -Risk taking
    -Unexpected events
    -Difficult team member.
    Offer is higher than current salary.

Interview Questions

Accepted another similar offer closer to home.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2012.

First round telephone screening, second round aptitude test along with behavioural scenarios

Account Manager Interview

I applied for a position and luckily I got an email quickly to set up the phone interview. The phone interview went great and actually was fairly quick I knew right at that time that she would be setting me up for a face to face interview. They set up the face to face interviews really quickly also. I met with 4 people every 30 minutes. Intimidating but the people were great and actually made me feel at ease. They all went great and I now have another phone interview hopefully to wrap up the details and be offered the position!!

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness and how did you overcome....this is always a tough question for me   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Fill out application con their website. After phone interview i got an appointment for an onsite interview. Have to cancel my interview due to personal reasons. Reschedule interview for later this month.

Financial Statement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I applied online - interviewed at GE Capital in August 2014.

I was contacted by the GE consultant to set up a time for a telephone interview. As scheduled the consultant called me Tuesday morning and mostly went through the interview process, the company and general stuff. She also told me the hiring manager was on vacation and will be back next week when I will be called for an On site interview. She even gave me the hiring managers name and discussed about the compensation. I did not receive any email from the manager the whole week. I emailed the consultant and asked her about the status. She was very quick with her response and told me will touch base with the manager. Next day I got an email saying-Hiring manager had interviewed few candidates before she went to vacation and has decided to go with one of them.

Interview Questions
    • No questions asked as I wasn't even called for an interview   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

I knew GE would be a tough place to get in. So I wrote to the HR at GE without any expectation to get an interview. I told them in the letter that I would be a good fit but if they want to pass on a great candidate then it's at their own cost. "Go ahead and select other candidates" is what I told them. I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • Do you wind working long hours? Does your wife work also?   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE Capital.

I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview was quite easy, just resume questions and basic technical questions based on my skill set. They are seeking for someone who has both solid data analysis/programming skills and good academic background. So ivy kids are lucky! They moved very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • explain the US investment visa program and compare it to the similar programs in Canada and Australia   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Credit Sales Manager TJX Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at GE Capital in July 2014.

First Interview by phone with HR, standard and efficient, Second Interview by phone with Regional Sales Manger, in depth, friendly and professional, Third interview, Face to Face with Regional Sales Manager (and Client ) Flown from Florida to Boston on a 6am flight, not given adequate time to travel the 65 miles to the corporate office, ground transportation was not pre arranged and pre paid. Arrived to the interview late which was unavoidable. Interview did not go well. Was flown back to different airport than departure airport causing additional expense and time Found out I was no longer a candidate one week later by checking my status on the company website. Never received a response from the Regional Sales Manger to follow up E mail or E mail regarding reimbursement issues. Received reimbursement 3 weeks after expenses submitted

Interview Questions
    • Describe a day in the Life of GE credit sales Manager?   View Answer

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE Capital.

The Most Awful process ever!!!!! After apply to GE Capital for different positions - either the position would be Cancelled After the Phone Screen by either HR or the Hiring Manager or in a couple cases put on hold, I finally got thru the HR and Hiring Manager phone screen and Actually Received the Official Invitation to Interview. I Quickly (within minutes of the email) gave my Availability to Interview as requested for the Following Week...... and waited and waited and waited. Finally after a 5 DAY wait to get the interview scheduled - I sent an email to the Recruiter asking the status - and received no reply. After a couple days, I went to the GE HR website and saw that my status has change from Interview in Process/Planned back to Under Review. How does one go from an official invitation to interview backwards to Under Review and NO ONE had the decency to reach out

Interview Questions
    • No questions as the process never got past the Request for Interview Availability and no one ever responded or provided an update.   Answer Question

Financial Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at GE Capital in July 2014.

After a fifteen minutes phone interview (that was postponed several times due to lack of organisation in the company), got invited for an assessment centre. Mix of behavioural and technical accounting questions, not many surprises although the accounting questions are not easy. No business cases nor annoying group works. Sometimes it seemed like the interviewers were actually not listening. One month to receive a feedback and to learn that, after travelling quite a long distance, no refund of the travel expenses was given! The first excellent impression you get of the company once you step in is betrayed by the slowness and misorganisation that characterises all the processes.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that the behavioural questions they were asking were very similar to each other but different answers were expected.   Answer Question

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!