GE

Updated 15 Feb 2015
Updated 15 Feb 2015

3.2

Engineer Interview

Two rounds and an HR round. The questions were mostly basic. The telephonic interview was mostly asking about experience. This was followed by face to face. Before going for the interview, make sure to carry some identity proof. If not, they can send you back from the gate.

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE.

I spoke with recruiters at a career fair. After speaking with the recruiters I was offered an interview later that day. I interviewed with a current employee. The interview was pretty basic. A short while later that day I was called and given an offer. After accepting, I was able to choose the location that I wanted to work at based off of all of the GE Transportation sites. Housing was provided and secured by HR.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

The interview was very well organized and proficient. I had a phone interview in which I had to describe how my previous work experience can contribute to the department I'm interested in. I need to know a little bit more info on the job description to compare it to my current experience. The HM was patient and gave me a thorough description of the job and I was able to give him a how I can contribute to the team. No tough questions related to the technical aspect of the job

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

I was contacted and asked to first complete a questionnaire - mostly behavioural.
    A week after I had a telephonic interview with that manager - behavioural
    A week after that I had a one on one interview still with the same manager - technical/ behavioural
    2 weeks after that I had a Skype interview with the manager from Chicago - technical/ behavioural
    1 week after that interview I had another telephonic interview with the HR from the UK - behavioural

It was almost 2 months before I received an offer from GE, however its still contingent to my fingerprint testing being clear.

You also have to send in all documents, certificates, references and a thorough background check is done.

The interviews are simple but you must have many examples and situations to discuss. The people were exceptionally friendly as well.

The salary offered was good but I requested a review/ negotiation for the possibility of a better package.

No one ever asked me about my desired salary or knew my current salary - only after the HR interview was I given a form to fill to stipulate my desired salary.

Interview Questions
    • All questions started with "tell me about a time when"   Answer Question
    I am currently negotiating. received the offer but sent an email through to ask if the offer could be reviewed as it was very close to current. They said it should be another 2 weeks before I know.

Engineer Interview

Pleasant and easy going conversations, three different groups of two interviewed at three different times, HR and hiring manager and a few of their peers, they got back to me quick in terms of the response, I just had many other offers to choose from at the time.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Apply through monster.com. Contacted for a telephone interview. After the telephone interview, been asked for an on sight interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly technical. Some questions regarding expectation from the senior managers and HR.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

interview process was straight forward and well laid out. I met with three other people including the hiring manager. they told me about their company and asked me about myself. the position was that of an engineer and they laid out the job description in detail. the team was great and the working hours were flexible. the salary was good too.

Interview Questions

i got another better offer.

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GE.

long, but not difficult

Interview Questions
    • most questions were behavioural. typical questions, nothing you cannot prepare for.... "tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker"   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at GE.

Campus Hiring Process.
    1. First round of written exam which included aptitude and technical questionnaire.
    2. 1 Technical round done by the hiring manager which lasted for about 45 minutes.
    3. 1 HR interview that lasted for about 30 minutes.
    Written examination is used as a screening procedure to weed out the weak candidates and to give the top candidates enough time to interview. Technical round was probably the deciding round as the HR round was more like standard STAR questions which were easy to tackle.

Interview Questions
    • All technical questions were based on fundamentals and problem solving approach.   Answer Question
    No negotiation as I got the offer through campus placement.

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GE.

A telephonic followed by a 1:1 at the office campus