GE

Updated Sep 16, 2014

Collections Officier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at GE in August 2014.

I applied for the position of collections officer online from Seek and was contacted the next day via phone call where I under went a phone interview where I was asked basic questions:

.Why do you think you would be good at this job
    .what are you doing at the moment for work
    .what do I think the position involves
    . have I had to meet KPI's before
    ETC

I was than told that he would pass my information to the HR manager and if I was successful I would be contacted for a face to face interview, I was contacted next day with date and time for interview which was only 4 days apart from phone interview, I was also send a candidate form that I needed to fill out and send back via email (was just basic questions, Name, Address, Phone number etc)

The man who told me also told me I should look on the website and look at GE capital for the interview, so I went and printed of 7 pages of information and tired getting my head all around it for the interview and I wasn't asked once about GE capital, but hey at least I was prepared incase lol !!!

The interview was held at the head quarters. Two men interviewed me and the setting of the interview room was very casual and relaxed which helped me relax heaps.

To start the interview they asked me to tell them a little about myself with what I had been doing with previous jobs.

Than they asked me what I think the job involves than went on to giving me some details on what the job will require.

They than started the behavioural questions (only 5 of them) questions more or less consisted of asking when I have dealt with a un happy client, give an example of when I used time management to do tasks, what was something that I suggested to management that helped make something easier in workplace ETC all very easy to answer really.

Than before I knew it, it was over only took 20 mins.

Than they said I would hear back by the next week if I am successful !!

I only went yesterday so my fingers are crossed !!!

Good Luck Everyone !

Interview Questions
    • no question was really difficult just make sure you have some clear examples in your mind for the behavioural questions :)   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE.

3 interviews, phone in person and short discussion with the Hiring Manager and General manager to discuss suitability, career goals experience

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in September 2013.

Phone interview
    Face-to-face interview with managers
    Informal interview with CFO

Interview Questions
    • - Tell me a time where you have to convey a difficult information
      - Tell me a time where you have been asked to do something unreasonable
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview for about 30 mins. Asked about the background and motivation. Then a algorithm question about how to search for the maximum of a matrix.

Graduate Electrical Engineer EGP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Had a chat with the GE recruitment consultant. always reschedule the call. Never every say yes i am free right now. Most common questions are "tell me about yourself?" "why are you interested in this stream?" "Work Exp etc.". Please be advised that when he/she asks you towards the end if you have any questions for him/her. always have a question for him her. never leave the phone interview without asking a question. he/she expects you to be exceptional. dont give them a reason for rejecting by being ordinary. And do not for a second be casual in the interview. I received the offer because of almost 2 yr exp but i was not one of his top choices. thank god he was friendly and honest enough to tell me that!

Interview Questions
    • do you have offers from other companies!   View Answer

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Standard phone screen, SHL testing and then an assessment centre focused on evaluating presentation and teamwork skills. Successful candidates then have an interview with a HR Business Partner and the ITLP Program Manager. Finally, if successful, you will be invited to a more informal interview with the Program Manager and the CTO, where they pitch to you why you should join GE and you can ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Too long ago to remember! The questions were very behavioural and the more difficult ones were around leadership experience and impact. As always, research the company. They are very proud at GE and they respond well to you knowing and respecting the brand.   Answer Question

Union Relations Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at GE.

Initially contacted by company recruiter, who then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next step was an onsite all day interview at the corporate headquarters with multiple HR people. After successfully passing that portion of the interview I had another onsite all day interview at the plant location, where the actual opening was. This interview was with HR, the plant manager, operations managers and I met with the union officials. Both all day interviews were very casual and laid back. I was asked specific questions but there didn't seem to be a real format.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were either about my past history or conversational about who I am in general.   Answer Question
    I negotiated an additional 10% on the salary, but in hindsight should have also negotiated additional time off.

IMLP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE.

I submit the on line application and the following week received the email saying that they are invite me to the on-site interview. The first round is group discussion and then it is a personal on-site interview right after. It took weeks before receiving the final offer letter.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at GE in April 2013.

I had one interview on site, one on skype and one follow up interview. I wish every company could be like GE. Professional all the way, with specific questions that avoided wasting everybodys time. Although the process was a bit long it covered everybodys needs and questions. I never had such perfect conditions to work in a company like this and unfortunnatelly I don't think I ever will.

Interview Questions

It was in Oslo and due to personal issues with the death of a closed relative I had to decline.

Risk Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GE in September 2014.

College career fair, the questions were behavior questions. The position was located in Chicago. The interviewer was a laid back guy, we talked about sports. Overall the interview was amazing. I'm pretty sure I got the job. Best of luck to future candidates. No pressure. brjhkrkrjkjhthjgjhgkjghjh f fjhkh fhfjhkfh fjhkfhjkjhfhjf f fhjkhjfjhf fhfjkjfh ffhjkfhjfk fjffhjf

Interview Questions

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!