GE

Updated 23 Oct 2014

Collections Officier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GE in August 2014.

I applied for the position of collections officer online from Seek and was contacted the next day via phone call where I under went a phone interview where I was asked basic questions:

.Why do you think you would be good at this job
    .what are you doing at the moment for work
    .what do I think the position involves
    . have I had to meet KPI's before
    ETC

I was than told that he would pass my information to the HR manager and if I was successful I would be contacted for a face to face interview, I was contacted next day with date and time for interview which was only 4 days apart from phone interview, I was also send a candidate form that I needed to fill out and send back via email (was just basic questions, Name, Address, Phone number etc)

The man who told me also told me I should look on the website and look at GE capital for the interview, so I went and printed of 7 pages of information and tired getting my head all around it for the interview and I wasn't asked once about GE capital, but hey at least I was prepared incase lol !!!

The interview was held at the head quarters. Two men interviewed me and the setting of the interview room was very casual and relaxed which helped me relax heaps.

To start the interview they asked me to tell them a little about myself with what I had been doing with previous jobs.

Than they asked me what I think the job involves than went on to giving me some details on what the job will require.

They than started the behavioural questions (only 5 of them) questions more or less consisted of asking when I have dealt with a un happy client, give an example of when I used time management to do tasks, what was something that I suggested to management that helped make something easier in workplace ETC all very easy to answer really.

Than before I knew it, it was over only took 20 mins.

Than they said I would hear back by the next week if I am successful !!

I only went yesterday so my fingers are crossed !!!

Good Luck Everyone !

Interview Questions
    • no question was really difficult just make sure you have some clear examples in your mind for the behavioural questions :)   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE.

3 interviews, phone in person and short discussion with the Hiring Manager and General manager to discuss suitability, career goals experience

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in September 2013.

Phone interview
    Face-to-face interview with managers
    Informal interview with CFO

Interview Questions
    • - Tell me a time where you have to convey a difficult information
      - Tell me a time where you have been asked to do something unreasonable
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview for about 30 mins. Asked about the background and motivation. Then a algorithm question about how to search for the maximum of a matrix.

Graduate Electrical Engineer EGP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

Had a chat with the GE recruitment consultant. always reschedule the call. Never every say yes i am free right now. Most common questions are "tell me about yourself?" "why are you interested in this stream?" "Work Exp etc.". Please be advised that when he/she asks you towards the end if you have any questions for him/her. always have a question for him her. never leave the phone interview without asking a question. he/she expects you to be exceptional. dont give them a reason for rejecting by being ordinary. And do not for a second be casual in the interview. I received the offer because of almost 2 yr exp but i was not one of his top choices. thank god he was friendly and honest enough to tell me that!

Interview Questions
    • do you have offers from other companies!   View Answer

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Standard phone screen, SHL testing and then an assessment centre focused on evaluating presentation and teamwork skills. Successful candidates then have an interview with a HR Business Partner and the ITLP Program Manager. Finally, if successful, you will be invited to a more informal interview with the Program Manager and the CTO, where they pitch to you why you should join GE and you can ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Too long ago to remember! The questions were very behavioural and the more difficult ones were around leadership experience and impact. As always, research the company. They are very proud at GE and they respond well to you knowing and respecting the brand.   Answer Question

HRM Interview

was a candid interaction with the interviewer... clearly behavioral interview
    interviewer gave enough time to think and respond.
    Several interactions / levels of interviews
    Closure happened in the following week. Prompt in responding to queries about benefits / policies.

na

GE OMLP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GE.

On campus interview that was one on one followed by a second interview and onsite visit in the Supply Chain Headquarters in Milwaukee with a dinner with current OMLP employees.

Design Engineer Interview

Process was smooth and less time taking. Recruiter, HR, hiring panel everyone is pretty much helping hands. Starts with phone screen then telephonic technical round and then onsite rounds through out the day. Technical, behavioral rounds are good.

Interview Questions
    • how you keep yourself up to date and what you know most recent news of technology ?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

I applied through university recruiting. I spoke with them at a career fair and got a phone called late that night requesting an interview. The interview was very comfortable and laid back. Mostly behavioral questions, nothing surprising or majorly difficult. What they look for primarily is enthusiasm and passion for the job at hand. They want to see why you really want it and what your motivators are. They are genuinely interested and want you to demonstrate your work ethic and desire to grow. At the end they told me regardless of what happens to stay passionate about what I want and what I'm qualified for. This was my first interview of my college career, so to say the least I could have done better. My lack of interest in sales at the time was evident and the advice that they gave me post interview was beneficial.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you faced and adversity   View Answer