GE

Updated 15 Dec 2014

Collections Officier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GE in August 2014.

I applied for the position of collections officer online from Seek and was contacted the next day via phone call where I under went a phone interview where I was asked basic questions:

.Why do you think you would be good at this job
    .what are you doing at the moment for work
    .what do I think the position involves
    . have I had to meet KPI's before
    ETC

I was than told that he would pass my information to the HR manager and if I was successful I would be contacted for a face to face interview, I was contacted next day with date and time for interview which was only 4 days apart from phone interview, I was also send a candidate form that I needed to fill out and send back via email (was just basic questions, Name, Address, Phone number etc)

The man who told me also told me I should look on the website and look at GE capital for the interview, so I went and printed of 7 pages of information and tired getting my head all around it for the interview and I wasn't asked once about GE capital, but hey at least I was prepared incase lol !!!

The interview was held at the head quarters. Two men interviewed me and the setting of the interview room was very casual and relaxed which helped me relax heaps.

To start the interview they asked me to tell them a little about myself with what I had been doing with previous jobs.

Than they asked me what I think the job involves than went on to giving me some details on what the job will require.

They than started the behavioural questions (only 5 of them) questions more or less consisted of asking when I have dealt with a un happy client, give an example of when I used time management to do tasks, what was something that I suggested to management that helped make something easier in workplace ETC all very easy to answer really.

Than before I knew it, it was over only took 20 mins.

Than they said I would hear back by the next week if I am successful !!

I only went yesterday so my fingers are crossed !!!

Good Luck Everyone !

Interview Questions
    • no question was really difficult just make sure you have some clear examples in your mind for the behavioural questions :)   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE.

3 interviews, phone in person and short discussion with the Hiring Manager and General manager to discuss suitability, career goals experience

FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GE in November 2013.

The whole process was standard for internships and graduate applications. They select most of their grads from the intern pool so this is the best way into the FMP or RMP programs. It started with online application, then moved on to phone interview, psychometric testing, then assessment centre. A C had group exercises and one one on one interview, and a couple of written tests from memory.

Interview Questions
    • They asked which of the company values did I exhibit and asked me to provide a situation where I demonstrated it.   View Answer
    No negotiation, and I didn't request anything.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE in September 2013.

Phone interview
    Face-to-face interview with managers
    Informal interview with CFO

Interview Questions
    • - Tell me a time where you have to convey a difficult information
      - Tell me a time where you have been asked to do something unreasonable

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview for about 30 mins. Asked about the background and motivation. Then a algorithm question about how to search for the maximum of a matrix.

Graduate Electrical Engineer EGP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GE.

Had a chat with the GE recruitment consultant. always reschedule the call. Never every say yes i am free right now. Most common questions are "tell me about yourself?" "why are you interested in this stream?" "Work Exp etc.". Please be advised that when he/she asks you towards the end if you have any questions for him/her. always have a question for him her. never leave the phone interview without asking a question. he/she expects you to be exceptional. dont give them a reason for rejecting by being ordinary. And do not for a second be casual in the interview. I received the offer because of almost 2 yr exp but i was not one of his top choices. thank god he was friendly and honest enough to tell me that!

Interview Questions
    • do you have offers from other companies!   View Answer

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

Standard phone screen, SHL testing and then an assessment centre focused on evaluating presentation and teamwork skills. Successful candidates then have an interview with a HR Business Partner and the ITLP Program Manager. Finally, if successful, you will be invited to a more informal interview with the Program Manager and the CTO, where they pitch to you why you should join GE and you can ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Too long ago to remember! The questions were very behavioural and the more difficult ones were around leadership experience and impact. As always, research the company. They are very proud at GE and they respond well to you knowing and respecting the brand.   Answer Question

Year Long Placement (UK) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GE.

I sent my application form, CV and cover letter and after a few weeks I received an invitation to a Telephone Interview. The question were, competency, motivational and knowledge about the company.

1) I was first asked to confirm my name/course etc.

2) which location I would prefer to work

3) Then interviewer then asked me what I knew about GE.

4) Tell me about a time when you had to teach something yourself.

5) Give me example of a situation were you had use Microsoft Office.

6) Tell me about a time when you had to do a challenging project.

Lead Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GE.

Applied online and was interviewed over telephone within 3 weeks. The technical interview over phone was followed by a site technical interview and discussion with HRM. It took few months to receive the final offer.

Interview Questions
    • Discussion with HRM: how did you handle a conflict with a superior?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Easy but just get prepared like any other job interview. Process may take up to 3 months sometimes. It all starts with phone call, then hiring mangers interview, offer letter then background check

H