GE

780 interviews

Collections Officier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at GE in August 2014.

I applied for the position of collections officer online from Seek and was contacted the next day via phone call where I under went a phone interview where I was asked basic questions:

.Why do you think you would be good at this job
    .what are you doing at the moment for work
    .what do I think the position involves
    . have I had to meet KPI's before
    ETC

I was than told that he would pass my information to the HR manager and if I was successful I would be contacted for a face to face interview, I was contacted next day with date and time for interview which was only 4 days apart from phone interview, I was also send a candidate form that I needed to fill out and send back via email (was just basic questions, Name, Address, Phone number etc)

The man who told me also told me I should look on the website and look at GE capital for the interview, so I went and printed of 7 pages of information and tired getting my head all around it for the interview and I wasn't asked once about GE capital, but hey at least I was prepared incase lol !!!

The interview was held at the head quarters. Two men interviewed me and the setting of the interview room was very casual and relaxed which helped me relax heaps.

To start the interview they asked me to tell them a little about myself with what I had been doing with previous jobs.

Than they asked me what I think the job involves than went on to giving me some details on what the job will require.

They than started the behavioural questions (only 5 of them) questions more or less consisted of asking when I have dealt with a un happy client, give an example of when I used time management to do tasks, what was something that I suggested to management that helped make something easier in workplace ETC all very easy to answer really.

Than before I knew it, it was over only took 20 mins.

Than they said I would hear back by the next week if I am successful !!

I only went yesterday so my fingers are crossed !!!

Good Luck Everyone !

Interview Questions
    • no question was really difficult just make sure you have some clear examples in your mind for the behavioural questions :)   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at GE.

3 interviews, phone in person and short discussion with the Hiring Manager and General manager to discuss suitability, career goals experience

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in September 2013.

Phone interview
    Face-to-face interview with managers
    Informal interview with CFO

Interview Questions
    • - Tell me a time where you have to convey a difficult information
      - Tell me a time where you have been asked to do something unreasonable
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview for about 30 mins. Asked about the background and motivation. Then a algorithm question about how to search for the maximum of a matrix.

Graduate Electrical Engineer EGP Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Perth, Western Australia
    Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Had a chat with the GE recruitment consultant. always reschedule the call. Never every say yes i am free right now. Most common questions are "tell me about yourself?" "why are you interested in this stream?" "Work Exp etc.". Please be advised that when he/she asks you towards the end if you have any questions for him/her. always have a question for him her. never leave the phone interview without asking a question. he/she expects you to be exceptional. dont give them a reason for rejecting by being ordinary. And do not for a second be casual in the interview. I received the offer because of almost 2 yr exp but i was not one of his top choices. thank god he was friendly and honest enough to tell me that!

Interview Questions
    • do you have offers from other companies!   View Answer

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Standard phone screen, SHL testing and then an assessment centre focused on evaluating presentation and teamwork skills. Successful candidates then have an interview with a HR Business Partner and the ITLP Program Manager. Finally, if successful, you will be invited to a more informal interview with the Program Manager and the CTO, where they pitch to you why you should join GE and you can ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Too long ago to remember! The questions were very behavioural and the more difficult ones were around leadership experience and impact. As always, research the company. They are very proud at GE and they respond well to you knowing and respecting the brand.   Answer Question

Commercial Leadership Program Interview

The interview took place at a GE facility with interviews from current participants, HR, and the program manager. Each interviewer had various behavioral interview questions. The evening before the interview there was a social function with current program members and the program manager.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all based on the top 20 behavioral questions. So nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE in March 2012.

Overall smooth process including screening, technical and face to face rounds. Don't take too long and keeps you updated online too. Recruiting staff was helpful. Technical interview mainly drilling you down on your engineering expertise and troubleshooting skills. Good interviewers and helps to understand required skills for the particular position.

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Towcester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Towcester, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in August 2014.

I was called after applying directly to GE on their website. I was asked what about GE attracted me to apply and was told after that I would get a call within two weeks. The following week I was invited to a (first) face-to-face interview with an Engineering Manager and Design Engineer at GE Intelligent Platforms. The interview process consisted of a number of questions about me, and some technical questions. The interview lasted about an hour. A third person, a mechanical engineer at GE, was also present. I found the interviewers to be friendly, and it was never intimidating at any point. It was a difficult interview, but a useful one, I found.

Interview Questions
    • I was presented with a number of technical questions on heat sinks. The questions involved some fluid dynamics, manufacturing, and basic mechanics.   Answer Question

Sourcing Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 7+ months - interviewed at GE.

1 phone interview and 3 face face interviews back to back. Fairly straightforward questions. Very nice smart people. Had one hr phone interview after the hiring manager interview. Was intimidating office as it is very large building.

Interview Questions
    Got 10 percent more by just asking.

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!