GE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in September 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview
Face-to-face interview with managers
Informal interview with CFO

Interview Question – - Tell me a time where you have to convey a difficult information
- Tell me a time where you have been asked to do something unreasonable
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details phone interview for about 30 mins. Asked about the background and motivation. Then a algorithm question about how to search for the maximum of a matrix.

Interview Question – no specificial questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Electrical Engineer EGP Interview

Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Had a chat with the GE recruitment consultant. always reschedule the call. Never every say yes i am free right now. Most common questions are "tell me about yourself?" "why are you interested in this stream?" "Work Exp etc.". Please be advised that when he/she asks you towards the end if you have any questions for him/her. always have a question for him her. never leave the phone interview without asking a question. he/she expects you to be exceptional. dont give them a reason for rejecting by being ordinary. And do not for a second be casual in the interview. I received the offer because of almost 2 yr exp but i was not one of his top choices. thank god he was friendly and honest enough to tell me that!

Interview Question – do you have offers from other companies!   View Answer

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Standard phone screen, SHL testing and then an assessment centre focused on evaluating presentation and teamwork skills. Successful candidates then have an interview with a HR Business Partner and the ITLP Program Manager. Finally, if successful, you will be invited to a more informal interview with the Program Manager and the CTO, where they pitch to you why you should join GE and you can ask questions.

Interview Question – Too long ago to remember! The questions were very behavioural and the more difficult ones were around leadership experience and impact. As always, research the company. They are very proud at GE and they respond well to you knowing and respecting the brand.   Answer Question

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details Called for interview over phone and in person. 6 rounds overall.

Interview Question – Not applicable as I was enthusiastic about this job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate fairly

ITLP - Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GE in October 2013.

Interview Details I had two phone interviews with previous ITLPs. We discussed things like my technology experience, why I was drawn to the job, etc. It was not a "tricky" interview -- very much just a conversation.

Interview Question – "When have you used technology to make something more efficient?" That's one of the main goals of ITLP but it was kind of a curveball for me.   Answer Question

Operator Interview

Midland, TX (US)

The process took 4 months - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Hiring process was done mostly over the phone initially since I was living in Dallas and interviewing for the position in west Texas. I had to apply online. From initial contact to hire date was over 4 months. I had to fill out the same online application 3 separate times which was frustrating.

Negotiation Details – I was offered the standard hourly rate and informed about how bonuses and raises were earned.

Intern Interview

Maracaibo (Venezuela)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GE in January 2012.

Interview Details The major part of the interviews were by phone calls, in english and spanish. Oneof the calls was to talk about my educational background. The other call was about the experience in the area. Finally, I got an interview with the direct manager

Interview Question – Easy questions, normally asked in an interview.   Answer Question

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GE.

Interview Details It was an on-campus interview when I was a freshmen. I was threw off when the recruiter first asked me if I had any questions for her. As she was taking notes, I was thinking about any question that I could ask her. Eventually, the whole interview process was all about me asking her questions. Towards the end, I asked her if she had any question for me. She, then, asked me to introduce myself. It was not a pleasant interview experience.

Interview Question – Nearly no questions from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details Applied through University coop program. Interviewer was a stand in. A lot of behaviour questions, "What would you do if there was a conflict with a coworker" etc. No technical questions except for a question about the structure of a technical report.

Interviews for Top Jobs at GE

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!

GE Videos

GE – Why Work for Us?

At GE, we are builders. It goes beyond businesses, brands and infrastructure. With four businesses and operations in over 160 countries, GE employees have an unparalleled foundation on which to build their careers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE interview questions and advice. All 598 interview reviews are posted anonymously by GE employees and interview candidates.