GE

766 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details 3 interviews, phone in person and short discussion with the Hiring Manager and General manager to discuss suitability, career goals experience

Interview Question – why did you leave GE before coming back   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE in September 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview
Face-to-face interview with managers
Informal interview with CFO

Interview Question – - Tell me a time where you have to convey a difficult information
- Tell me a time where you have been asked to do something unreasonable
  Answer Question

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details phone interview for about 30 mins. Asked about the background and motivation. Then a algorithm question about how to search for the maximum of a matrix.

Interview Question – no specificial questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Electrical Engineer EGP Interview

Graduate Electrical Engineer EGP
Perth, Western Australia

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Had a chat with the GE recruitment consultant. always reschedule the call. Never every say yes i am free right now. Most common questions are "tell me about yourself?" "why are you interested in this stream?" "Work Exp etc.". Please be advised that when he/she asks you towards the end if you have any questions for him/her. always have a question for him her. never leave the phone interview without asking a question. he/she expects you to be exceptional. dont give them a reason for rejecting by being ordinary. And do not for a second be casual in the interview. I received the offer because of almost 2 yr exp but i was not one of his top choices. thank god he was friendly and honest enough to tell me that!

Interview Question – do you have offers from other companies!   View Answer

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Information Technology Leadership Program

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Standard phone screen, SHL testing and then an assessment centre focused on evaluating presentation and teamwork skills. Successful candidates then have an interview with a HR Business Partner and the ITLP Program Manager. Finally, if successful, you will be invited to a more informal interview with the Program Manager and the CTO, where they pitch to you why you should join GE and you can ask questions.

Interview Question – Too long ago to remember! The questions were very behavioural and the more difficult ones were around leadership experience and impact. As always, research the company. They are very proud at GE and they respond well to you knowing and respecting the brand.   Answer Question

Project Manager - IT Security Interview

Project Manager - IT Security

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Very long and drawn out with a series of phone interviews and a final day of interviewing with multiple managers. The whole process took about a month and was very repetitive and mundane, which contributed to my lack of excitement towards the job at the end. The phone interviews, with different people, often asked me the exact same behavioral and situation-based questions so it was clear the interviewers were not communicating together. Some of the questions were challenging if you had limited experience with an exact or similar situation, but they were generally easy to walk through and they are just looking for your analytical and social thought process. Ultimately, I did not feel the values and personality traits of the team I interviewed with aligned well, as they are looking for a specific mold and expect you to emulate that, however I have a feeling this varies by the specific team and/or manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation where you were consulting on a project and you had to tell the client/customer that their intended direction was not correct or effective and how you convinced them to go with your desired solution/ideas instead.   Answer Question

Interviewed at GE

Interview Details Campus interview.
The interview process has a maximum of three rounds.
In the first round questions are mainly focused on core JAVA. These questions vary significantly after 20 minutes and based on your performance on that time frame.
In the second round more or less the questions are alike as of first round, but tests your Java skill a bit deeper and further deeper. Much deeper questions are asked only when you are done well for the previous one and only if they are optimistic about you.

Interview Question – None, everything was as expected.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at GE in July 2014.

Interview Details the interview is a two round process. first round a phone interview is taken in this they asked about my projects and questions related to the projects. then asked "c". mostly dynamic programming then they asked SQL commands and some sql functions and also they asked question about TCP and UDP

Interview Question – there were no such difficult questions. they asked about the diffence between calloc and malloc like that questions   Answer Question

The Woodlands, TX (US)

I interviewed at GE in May 2014.

Interview Details They had a 3 part interview process. The first one with HR which is basic questions you will get everywhere. The technical interview consisted of mostly high level questions, not very specific. Also I will say it was centered around experiences more than random technical questions. The last is an on site interview confirming your fit with the company as well as a teaching session to determine your proficiency in conveying your technical knowledge to others.

Interview Question – They asked a couple question which seemed very specific to their system.   Answer Question

Marketing Leader Interview

Marketing Leader

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GE.

Interview Details Interview questions are based on experience for how you can perform the job and behavioral questions for your personality and fit with the company. GE is great at helping candidates decide if they would be a good fit for the company and if the company is a good fit for this person.

Interview Question – What books have you read lately?   View Answer

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!