GEICO

Updated 25 Jan 2015
Updated 25 Jan 2015

3.2

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Please review previous post for details regarding the interview process. It is definitely one of the more challenging interview processes I have been a part of. I will say, if you plan on applying for the position and do not read about the process, you are doing a great disservice to yourself.

Time frame took about 3-4 weeks:

1) 30 min. Phone Interview: General interview about interests in the position, previous experiences, background. Explained the training process, reviewed any questions or concerns.

2) Timed Comprehensive Test: I thought this was a pretty easy test. Logic and Analytical questions, as well as, spatial relations. Only weird part is they have you call and put the phone down with them on mute as they are "administering" the test.

3) 1 hour Phone Interview: Another phone interview with an HR recruiter more in depth and specific, STAR model questions and answers.

4) Face to Face Interview approx. 1 hour: it was nearly identical to the previous 1 Hour phone interview except it was with a Supervisor in the area I was applying for.

4.5) They had time to squeeze in the Role Play into this face to face interview approx 2 hr: Refer to previous comments for more details. Essentially, you're put into a room, CD plays reading to you the papers that you are given. Just read them and pull out sheets that have "essential" info to the role play. (Use common sense, there are a lot of papers but there are a few that have things like warranty timeframes and deductibles for the role play). Employees come in and call your cell phone to give you information and you have to fill out forms for about 4 claims that you are "working" and "inherited" from a co-worker on vacation. I believe the way you treat the "customers" is whats important. You will get an angry body shop worker thats upset with your estimate, just negotiate, and stay cool. Greet every person you speak with respectfully and "put them at ease". Pretend its the real job.

5) Final Face to Face 1 hour: This part may be unique to my interview, but upon completion of the Role Play, I was told by the supervisor I did a great job, and he wanted me to meet with one more person. The person was the District Manager. Had another face to face interview, very casual. Pretty conversational. DM was very honest, said he did really get to read my files yet, so did so while I was there. Went over my previous positions, goals, and ambitions with the company. After about 45 mins, he offered me the position on the spot. Negotiations took place, and I accepted.

6) Offer was contingent with a passing Drug test and Background check.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was done, based on previous insurance and claims related experience, I was able to negotiate a higher than entry salary.

Product Modeling Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I was contacted by the recruiter after applying to the position on LinkedIn. The recruiter was friendly and informed asked me to provide a date to take a math and conceptual assessment. I then provided a date and didn't receive a response for a couple days. The recruiter sent me the link on a random day and let me know I had 24 hours. Since it wasn't the day I provided, I had to quickly take a couple practice tests followed by the actual assessment. The assessment isn't hard but it's tricky and tedious. Within a few hours of completing the assessment I received a rejection email. Apparently it's a very important exam to GEICO.

Interview Questions
    • A 3rd party conducts the assessment and has practice tests available. It's timed and you can use pen/paper and a calculator.   Answer Question

Communications Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO.

The most impersonal interview process I've ever had.

I applied online and 2 weeks later received an automatically-generated email telling me that if I wanted to proceed in the interview process, I should email the following materials to a hiring manager: my resume and cover letter (both of which they already had), as well as a college transcript and a completed questionnaire (asking questions like why I wanted this particular role, what my salary requirements were, where else I was interviewing, etc).

The hiring manager never acknowledged my email or thanked me for submitting the materials, which I consider to be rude. Three business days after sending my materials, I received another automatically-generated email saying I was not selected, without stating any reason for their decision.

The entire process was incredibly misleading and impersonal.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an analytical project that you have worked on in the past that is relevant to this position. What was the problem you were trying to solve? What kind of tools and problem-solving techniques did you use in performing the analysis?   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Basic customer service question. Can you work weekends if needed. How many days did you miss work for the current year? Phone interview with recruiter then in person interview with hr and then hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you have to deal with a hard customer situation. What was the outcome   Answer Question
    No negotiatons. Set salary

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suffolk, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in January 2015.

I was called for phone interview and the person was nice, quoted pay and shift hours and possible start date. By 9 the following morning i had received a rejection email.

Management Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at GEICO in January 2015.

I did not actually get very far in the process, but this should be helpful for those who want to know what the first steps are like. First, you need to complete the application online, and its best to be detailed. I received a phone call from the location where I applied within 24 hours. I assumed that there must have been something in my application that really interested them, so I got quite excited. The phone interview was scheduled for a few days later, and it was a short 10-minute interview. Most of the interview consisted of going through my work history, with questions that primarily clarified my time and position there. The woman interviewing me asked for every position why it was that I left (I am a student, and so most of my work terminated upon my graduation from each respective school). I was also informed of salary, hours, and punctuality requirements, with questions about any concerns I might have with any of them. Additionally, as I am located near the Buffalo branch but was applying to an out-of-state branch, I was asked why I was choosing the Coralville, IA area and why I was looking to relocate. At the conclusion of the interview I was told that I would find out by email the following day if I moved forward in the interview process. Unfortunately the answer was a no, but as the interview was less about personal matters, I think the decision was largely based on logistic concerns.

Interview Questions
    • I am earning a Master's Degree in English, and I was asked when I was planning to "use" my degree. I assumed from the way the question was phrased that she assumed I wanted to teach with the degree and then perhaps leave GEICO. While teaching is a viable career option for me, if I were to be employed with GEICO I would stick with that instead. I answered that the benefit of a degree in the humanities is that I am really always using it. I was also careful not to suggest that I would ever leave GEICO (as I read on Glassdoor that they do not want to hear this).   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Long interview! Well it can be if they are going to hire you. You interview with a few managers. They ask you general questions like why you want to work there etc.then you are put in a room to answer fake phone calls. They give you like 5 sheets of paper with info about the fake customer . Then if they take you to sit with a current employee and listen to phone calls it's a good sign. By then it's been like 3hr. Everyone says the linger you are there the better the chances. With that said. ..they have a huge turnover rate. I myself quit . Don't recommend this place to My friends...good lyck..

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what characteristics I possessed that would make me successful in the company.   View Answer
    If you have a degree they pay you a dollar more like they did for me. But like I mentioned..the craziness is not worth it..

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

First you submit an application online, then you have a brief phone interview. The phone interview is very basic and at the end you set up an appointment to go in and take a computer test. During the test you are given different scenarios that you will likely encounter on your job. They are testing your ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. If those results are good, you move to the next round. If not, they send you home. The next round is speaking to someone in human resources and doing about 30 minutes of role playing. You are in a room with a phone and different papers, giving you scenarios to look over. After you have become acquainted with the fake company, you will begin receiving phone calls (from the human resources interviewer) acting out the different scenarios. You are to record what happens in each call, and handle each customer appropriately. They are checking to make sure you can remain calm under pressure, as well as handle curve-balls with grace. If you pass this, the next round is about an hour of shadowing someone doing the job you are applying for. At the end of this time, you will speak with a hiring manager and they will ask about the things you noticed while shadowing (so pay attention!). They will give you more information about the job and most likely will offer you the position if you have made it this far.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't quite ready for the role playing activity, but it was not difficult.   Answer Question

The job I was looking to leave offered me more money and a new position to stay. I called and e-mailed Geico multiple times to let them know, but never heard back from anyone. Very tacky to not acknowledge me, in my opinion.

Attorney Interview

Applied online - email reply - interview scheduled - the whole process took about 3 weeks - but they did say it varies. I heard some candidates got interviews within a week or so. Someone there told me he got a phone call within a week of application.

MDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview process was boring. The company decides everything based on wether you pass computer personality tests or not. The tests are all really easy. It's just wether or not the computer decides you're a good fit for the company or not. Little bits of a flawed system.

Interview Questions

Don't want to work in insurance