GEICO Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
Updated 28 Oct 2014

3.2

TML A Xerox Company Interview

I applied online and received a call and an email within 3 days of applying. The interview asked me to explain my background and interest in the company. The interview took about 30 min and started 5 or so minutes late. I later had to take an online assessment in order to see if I was a good fit for the role.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call for HR department just to confirm if I had a driving license for the past 3 years and if it's active. A few seconds later, the HR lady called me back to schedule a 30 minute phone interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I did a online application they sent me a email that evening to pick a on the phone interview. They called me the next morning ask me a couple question to see if I would be able to work the job schedule after that they had me come in the next day to take a computer test it covered typing and put data into the computer system after I passed that. They did a face to face interview after they did role play with me. All that takes about 3 hrs! After that they told me someone would call within the next week to set up a last interview. So 5 days later they did call I missed the call I called back with in 30 mins I got a voicemail for the HR department said to leave a message and they would call back within a business day I waited 2 days to hear back never got a call so I called back today and told the lady I was waiting for a call back. She said we closed your file because we tried calling many times. So I corrected her and told her no you only called once and I called back with in 30 mins and I never got a call back so that's why I'm calling. She said well you will just have to wait and reapply since you missed our call. Very rude! I guess I can be happy I am not going to be working with this company. A company that can flat out lie and be rude. So I guess what people have said about this company is true.

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

When you're called in to interview and take a "computer skills assessment," be prepared. If you're used to working in a fast-paced call center, the computer skill test should be no problem. It's not so much a test of computer skill as it is data entry, memory and grace under pressure :) If you don't pass the computer skill test, you won't interview or be able to try again for 6 months. The interview after that is pretty standard. Nice people.

Interview Questions
    • After the interview, you may be asked to do some role playing by answering sales calls for a fictitious company. Nothing out of the ordinary if you're used to doing sales, but if you don't have a lot of experience you may want to call some companies to inquire about buying their products so you can listen to the responses and get some ideas.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I got a call for an interview a couple of hours after I sent my application. went in a week later for a skill test which was easy and kind of fun, then a week later went back for a really short interview, about 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard, ask a lot of questions as if you already had the job and what you would do if a customer called you about different complaints.   View Answer

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview questions were standard. Interviewer asked questions from a booklet and took notes while you answered. Everyone at Geico that I met and spoke with was very nice and personable. It seems like a great place to work. However, it just wasn't the job for me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in October 2014.

Took multi tasking n typing test asked to wait n lobby n would have scores lady called 2 people then walked in behind HR desk said we all passed then sat 20 mins or so was called for 1on1 interview asked many of questions then did role playing got packet about fake company n fake clients did three calls while I had to document what the call was about what happened what I did put the date n my initials then asked more questions and then told all of my paper work test interview role play is to b looked over by hiring manager should hear back within 2 business days to do sit down with employee.... From what I have read on here I'm guessing I did not get position bcuz everyone says on this site u get hired the same day or u don't get the job so Hope they r wrong n I get a call tommorow or by Thursday!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Various about company myself employment then after role play is it a job I want to do....   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in October 2014.

Went through a 30 minute phone screening - asked about my leadership experiences, why geico, why the specific department I picked. The recruiter missed my first phone call due to a meeting that ran overtime, so we had to reschedule for another time the following week.
    After that, went through a longer phone interview for an hour. Asked about different scenarios and how I would handle them within my department as a leader/associate.
    Moved on to final rounds but decided to stop there since it didn't seem like a place I wanted to work.

Interview Questions
    • If an employee keeps making excuses for poor performance, what would you do as their supervisor?   Answer Question

Technical Associate Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO in October 2014.

I spoke to a recruiter at a career fair and was given her email address. I followed up with an email and was invited to do a phone interview the following week. The turnaround time was about four days.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview process. "Where do you see yourself in five years?" "What's the most technical project you've worked on?" "Tell me about a time you had a difficult team member."   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GEICO in October 2014.

I applied at the Geico website and took the personality survey. I made my answers match up to the most positive answer choices and got an email from HR within 24 hrs to schedule a phone interview. HR was timely and called within 1-2 mins of scheduled time. I was asked why I wanted to work at Geico and where else I was applying. After showing a real interest in the company I got email from HR stating for me to call in to schedule testing and interview day that was to last between 3-5 hrs. I took off a day from my currnet job to go in because the process looked really long and I did not want to prolong any longer than needed.

I came in and about eight of us were computer testing. After passing test, waited for interview with HR team and did well enough to move to the roll play part of interview. Passed the roll play with same HR manager and was moved to next phase. I had to wait 1.5 hours because it was lunchtime, so left and came back. Did shadowing of current rep on project that I would be working and then interviewed with to team managers in the department. They asked how my experience would lead to success at Geico and would I be comfortable working the hours they were hiring for. Since I wanted a pay raise, I can work any hours they needed. Overall, not most desirable but left flexibility for other stuff when off.

I was waiting to move on to the background check and get my "you're hired" letter and go home. However, I was asked to interview with the two department managers. I was asked would I be okay with the repetitive calls and having to talk to a lot of people back to back without any real break in the monotony. I was ready and reassured them of my desire to make a lifelong career in the Geico ranks.

They asked about where else I was applying. I guess they felt i would leave for another job because I said I was looking at jobs with the federal government and science and technology jobs. I know they spend a lot of money paying for you to be a licensed auto insurance in like 5 states or however many are required for your region. I understand that they want to protect their investment and want to make sure you are not going to run as soon as something better looking comes your way. I also understand that they want someone who is going to be competent.

I was reassuring and confident that i could do good things once hired. I got the "you will here from us in the next few days" at the end of a long day. I did hear from them within 24 hours with a "thank you for taking interest in our company" and "apply back in 6 mos." Like I wrote earlier, I understand why they want to protect their interest. I don't understand why it takes them a whole day of time to say, "if you have a bachelors in anything other than business or liberal arts majors, then you should apply to our other positions or other companies."

Overall, I lost a day of pay and was exhausted at the end of the day. I interviewed for jobs that paid more and were a fraction of the time shorter. Hopefully, Geico will shorten its process, but i imagine it won't happen anytime soon. This has renewed a fire in me to really pursue jobs that would take advantage of the skill set i have (What Color is Your Parachute book by Richard Bolles) and not stop until I have a job that benefits me, careerwise and building my skill set, and benefits the company.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you think you could see yourself in (or be satisfied with) this position?   Answer Question