GEICO Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2014
Updated 14 Oct 2014

3.2

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call for HR department just to confirm if I had a driving license for the past 3 years and if it's active. A few seconds later, the HR lady called me back to schedule a 30 minute phone interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I did a online application they sent me a email that evening to pick a on the phone interview. They called me the next morning ask me a couple question to see if I would be able to work the job schedule after that they had me come in the next day to take a computer test it covered typing and put data into the computer system after I passed that. They did a face to face interview after they did role play with me. All that takes about 3 hrs! After that they told me someone would call within the next week to set up a last interview. So 5 days later they did call I missed the call I called back with in 30 mins I got a voicemail for the HR department said to leave a message and they would call back within a business day I waited 2 days to hear back never got a call so I called back today and told the lady I was waiting for a call back. She said we closed your file because we tried calling many times. So I corrected her and told her no you only called once and I called back with in 30 mins and I never got a call back so that's why I'm calling. She said well you will just have to wait and reapply since you missed our call. Very rude! I guess I can be happy I am not going to be working with this company. A company that can flat out lie and be rude. So I guess what people have said about this company is true.

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

When you're called in to interview and take a "computer skills assessment," be prepared. If you're used to working in a fast-paced call center, the computer skill test should be no problem. It's not so much a test of computer skill as it is data entry, memory and grace under pressure :) If you don't pass the computer skill test, you won't interview or be able to try again for 6 months. The interview after that is pretty standard. Nice people.

Interview Questions
    • After the interview, you may be asked to do some role playing by answering sales calls for a fictitious company. Nothing out of the ordinary if you're used to doing sales, but if you don't have a lot of experience you may want to call some companies to inquire about buying their products so you can listen to the responses and get some ideas.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I got a call for an interview a couple of hours after I sent my application. went in a week later for a skill test which was easy and kind of fun, then a week later went back for a really short interview, about 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard, ask a lot of questions as if you already had the job and what you would do if a customer called you about different complaints.   View Answer

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Interview questions were standard. Interviewer asked questions from a booklet and took notes while you answered. Everyone at Geico that I met and spoke with was very nice and personable. It seems like a great place to work. However, it just wasn't the job for me.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO in October 2014.

Went through a 30 minute phone screening - asked about my leadership experiences, why geico, why the specific department I picked. The recruiter missed my first phone call due to a meeting that ran overtime, so we had to reschedule for another time the following week.
    After that, went through a longer phone interview for an hour. Asked about different scenarios and how I would handle them within my department as a leader/associate.
    Moved on to final rounds but decided to stop there since it didn't seem like a place I wanted to work.

Interview Questions
    • If an employee keeps making excuses for poor performance, what would you do as their supervisor?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO in October 2014.

Took multi tasking n typing test asked to wait n lobby n would have scores lady called 2 people then walked in behind HR desk said we all passed then sat 20 mins or so was called for 1on1 interview asked many of questions then did role playing got packet about fake company n fake clients did three calls while I had to document what the call was about what happened what I did put the date n my initials then asked more questions and then told all of my paper work test interview role play is to b looked over by hiring manager should hear back within 2 business days to do sit down with employee.... From what I have read on here I'm guessing I did not get position bcuz everyone says on this site u get hired the same day or u don't get the job so Hope they r wrong n I get a call tommorow or by Thursday!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Various about company myself employment then after role play is it a job I want to do....   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GEICO in September 2014.

The hiring process is 5 steps. Initial phone interview where a recruiter mainly goes over the job details and description and asks a couple of questions confirming your resume details. This is essentially to feel out your interest for the job, lasts about 15 minutes. They then send you a link to do an online reading comprehension assessment and spatial recognition exam. If you pass they schedule a 2nd phone interview. The second phone interview is 30-45 minutes and goes in depth into your resume and job history. They ask typical interview questions, such as "describe a time when you've dealt with a difficult customer" and some specific to the job, such as "say that you wrote an estimate to repair a car door and put 6 labor hours on the estimate, which is the standard labor hours. A body shop manager approaches you and says you are cheating your customer out of a good repair because they need 9 hours to repair the door. What would you say?" etc. They are essentially looking for you to tell them how you would negotiate on the labor hours. If you do well in the 2nd phone interview, they then schedule you at a local express repair location for a role play interview. The role play interview is very in depth and not like any interview I've ever done. You are given 30 minutes plus an additional 5 minutes to go over their provided materials. It's a 20 page packet of papers with instructions, and they have a CD playing along with someone reading what's written in the instructions verbatim that lasts 30 minutes. You're also given other paperwork like fake estimating forms, a town map, a schedule to fill out, and blank checks. Essentially you are a rep for an imaginary equipment repair company and the instructions outline your job duties, how to help customers by explaining the claims process, and how to negotiate with the repair reps. Then they give you fake claims folders and you get to work. They call you on the phone twice, have you call someone once, and have a "customer" come to your "office" and have a "repair rep" come to your "office". One customer and one repair rep scenario they are easy to deal with, and one customer and one repair rep scenario they are more difficult to deal with. As long as you are courteous, call them by their fake names, answer their questions nicely and as accurately as you remember, and negotiate in some way with all the repair reps, you will be fine. The role play might sound a little ridiculous, but if you aren't able to handle most of what they are trying to act out with you, you are not suited to do this job. It's pretty fair of them to go through something like this considering they are going to be investing a huge chunk of company time and money to get you through 3 months of full time paid training. If you pass the role play, they will either schedule you for an interview with a manager when they're available, or have you do the interview right away if a manager's there. That final interview is pretty similar to the 2nd phone interview, but in person. If you get the job, you have to fill out paperwork for a background and credit check, motor vehicle record (to drive company vehicles) and then go for a drug test (hair test) and physical within 72 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok with going to bad parts of town to do this job?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

I filled out the application online and received an email the next day asking me to schedule a phone interview.The interviewer called promptly at my scheduled time. She asked a couple basic questions and about my availability. I ultimately withdrew my application because of the requirement of employees to work weekends, two major holidays, and hours that can be anywhere from 6am- midnight. I just wasn't willing to sacrifice that much time with my family.

Customer Service Interview

Met with HR...the interviewer and l sat in seperate offices and role played different scenarios. I had to pick up phone, respond to anxious customers, angry customers. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations..all given the same salary