GEICO

Updated 20 Nov 2014
Updated 20 Nov 2014

3.2

Auto Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Long process. Applied a year and a half ago, got to point of role play but had to drop out before the interview for personal reasons. That was 2 months. Reapplied last month and was able to skip the computer test part but still did phone interview and one on one interview. All basic standard interview process. Then I had the role play today. Wow.
    If you don't pass this, you really shouldn't get the job. It was hard. You are basically given a pretend job with a half hour of directions and an hour and s half Tom"work". You deal with "customers" on the phone and in person, you fill out paperwork, and you organize your day based on appointments and a map. Organizational skills are mandatory and you need to be able to remember A LOT of information. They collect all your notes and forms at the end then grade them somehow. If you pass, I think you'll get the job. I worked really hard, I sweated a lot, smiled and did the customer service thing, and think I did ok- I truly dont know though whether I will I get an offer. I'll update as I find out

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Claims Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

I was chosen to interview from campus recruiting. There were quite a few steps. There were two phone interviews, an in-person interview/testing, and a final interview. Honestly, I thought it was a little excessive. The testing isn't very difficult, but it can be a little confusing especially with all of the paperwork. They chose to offer me the position and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty much all behavioral. The most difficult part is the simulation/testing.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. They offer you a specific number and you either take it or don't.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

The descriptions of the interview process here are generally correct. I made it through the first level of the interview process and took the reading comprehension and spacial relations test remotely from my home by computer. I got the sense that I did reasonably well on these parts of the process and the person who administered the test seemed to confirm this. I was told that another person in HR would be evaluating my application and that GEICO would be getting back to me several days later. Unfortunately I received a generic rejection email stating that my background did not meet their current needs. It acknowledged that I might be curious as to the reasons why they were not interested but stated that it was company policy not to disclose these reasons. It indicated that I could apply to GEICO again after six months.

Interview Questions
    • The tests had more questions that I could answer. Beyond this, I do not wish to go into detail as I made an undertaking concerning confidentiality before I took the test.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

Pretty much applied then recieved a email the following day to set up a phone interview then they ask you to come in if they think you are a fit for Geico for pre employment.

Interview Questions
    You would basically do your best and know gow to multi task

Management Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GEICO.

I had about four total interviews that all went through essentially the same questions each time. There was also a computer test which was really easy unless you have an IQ of 50 or less. I also completed a role playing assessment which I nailed since I had already been through this process 10 years ago and it was the exact same scenario in the role play. The recruited seemed like a nice guy and even up until the end told me that I was almost certain to be hired since I had done the job previously. I was also told this by the local management team that administered the role play assessment. The final interview was a phone interview with the regional director, regional manager, and the director of the manager development program. They asked the same questions I was asked on the previous interviews. The regional manager wasn't even paying attention during the interview as you could clearly hear him carrying on a conversation in between putting his phone on mute. A few days later, I got a generic email that I was not offered the position. The recruiter left me a message that he was in shock and offered me a job where I would need to move to a rural area 4 hours away, but I would need to do one more interview. No thanks. GEICO does not give a you know what about its employees anyway and is only concerned about being the low cost *coughCHEAPcough* provider. I'm probably better off.

MDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at GEICO.

Phone screen and then in person interview with testing and personality assessment, Panel interview with RVP, AVP, and other management. Standard style interview. 3 interviews for overall process.panel interview includes a presentation on what leadership means to you and must be 15 minutes or shorter.

Interview Questions
    • None all were pretty standard. Prepare your experiences so that you can answer their questions   View Answer
    Non- negotiable

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

Entire process took about 3-4 weeks, started an application online which resulted in a 20 min phone call interview. After the interview I was emailed a link for a timed test online...which i passed and moved on to the on site interview/assessment test with role playing involved... Granted it is very difficult and they put a lot of pressure on you.... But if you are suited for the this job you will pass this test...Geico is sending you off for 3 months of training flight/hotel/transportation covered...nothing wrong with assuring their investment doesn't go to waste. After I passed the test i came back to the Geico office to have an interview with the HR hiring Manager who asked me a series of questions about experience and why I applied for this job, pretty straight forward. After I left i got a call about an hour later saying I got the Job... i went back for background check/drug test/ credit check...

Interview Questions
    Straight forward $40k starting and you move up after training depending on your performance in the field.

Benefits Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GEICO.

There are 7 steps to the hiring process. I found them to be too long and drawn out. The first is a phone interview, then they invite you in to take a computer exam, afterwards you meet with various people and interview for the position.

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at GEICO.

Applied online, received e-mail with an hour, and scheduled phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was mainly basic questions about past employment, availability, etc. Most of it was being informed on the pay, attendance policy, training class start date.

Interview Questions
    • What would your most recent employer say about your attendance?   Answer Question

Former TCR1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GEICO.

Marathon of an interview for new office opening. It starts with testing. The testing consists of a typing test, a simulation that is closely related to multitasking on the job, and I think it also included a grammar test. This testing lasts about 15 minutes.

If you pass, then you go to the next test, a question and answer interview. You answer questions like what you know about the company, if you were an animal which would you be, naming a time when you handled a difficult customer and what you did to resolve it, naming a weakness you have, and describing a time when you had to resolve a conflict...etc. If you want to be successful, take time to buy a clear binder and type out the questions and answers and place them in the clear front slip of the binder. This trick has got me an offer from ACCC, Allstate, GEICO, and RMS within two weeks and makes you think out the answers.

If you pass the initial interview, then you do role play. The interviewer will give you about 25 minutes to look over a fictitious policy and conditions within it and also there will be other folders filled with fictitious customer's info in them. The scenario entails the interviewer calling you from another room and you handling her call on behalf of the fictitious company you represent as she plays as though she's different customers. You have to answer the fictitious customer's questions and do this promptly and utilizing the customer's specific folder to resolve setting up their services. This can be challenging, just don't be afraid to put the interviewer on hold.

If you pass this part you meet the site's director, if you make it here you probably have the job so long as background is ok and you do not answer his/her question's stupidly. He/She will ask standard interview questions like: what did you do at your last job, name a time when you had to give a customer bad news, and may ask you do you feel as though you can handle the job.

If you pass this, (since my office was so new my hiring class did not get this step because there was no one to sit with) you get to sit and observe an adjuster doing the job. Take notes! Ask what system they are using, how many claims they get, what they find most challenging... etc.

If the above steps are passed they will likely tell you that you have the job on the spot, go over benefits, and have you sign forms for a background check. Drug users take note, the drug test uses hair samples and not urine.

The process took 6 or 7 hours and is grueling like the job, therefore if you pass you will know what to expect. Enjoy.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any animal what would it be?   View Answer
    You take what you get, no negotiation.