Genentech

Updated 30 Jan 2015
Updated 30 Jan 2015

3.2

Coop Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Genentech.

Included a screening interview that was very technical, a lot of cellular and protein biology questions. I thought the questions would have been very difficult to someone who had no experience in biotech (which I did, I was also a grad student so that could explain the difficulty). Followed by an interview with the hiring manager that was mostly questions about my past experiences.

Process Systems Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Genentech.

Applied through university job site and career fair and received an in-person interview on campus. Mostly behavioral questions and questions about resume and skills on resume. Generic, average interview with one simple puzzle question near the end. Interviewer seemed uninterested and nitpicky.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Genentech.

SHARE format, Situation, hinder, action, results and evaluation.

Bring everything be over prepared. They say it doesn't matter but most franchises prefer therapeutic experience. Oncology managers wants someone who already has access to oncologists.

Interview Questions
    • What are you working on in your career development?

Which basically means-what are your weaknesses

Answer Question
    Very fair and a generous base salary among biotech companies

Supervisor Interview

The interview is an all day event, which involves meeting six to eight people. The questions are not difficult, pretty standard questions. The staff seems to be very happy to be working there and show excitement about the work they do.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about the failures that you have encountered in your career   Answer Question

Bio Statistician Interview

I got 2 phone interview and then the on-site interview. the on-site interview is a 1 day with 7 interviewer, all of them are at least principle biostatistician and hiring manager.

Manufacturing Bioprocess Technician Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Genentech.

The whole process was very quick and easy! I got a call out of the blue from a recruiter saying that I was a good fit for a job at Genentech at that she wanted to give them my resume. I agreed and she passed it on, but she warned me that it could take months to hear back from them. However, they emailed her back the next day and wanted me to come in 4 days later for an interview. I had 4 interviews in a 2 hour period, one with each manager and then a fourth with a panel of three people I would work with. Everyone was really friendly and annoyed that they had to go through stock HR questions before getting to know me better. The standard questions were all situational and focus on how you handled certain situations in the past. Once you get past those, they only have a few questions and the conversation becomes much more casual. They give you a ton of time to ask questions at the end of each interview which is a great opportunity to ask about the company and the benefits of working there (which are fantastic). They are really big on teamwork and trying to help people, and it seems that everyone there is very close knit which I liked. All of the managers were cool and I had a good time talking to them, the panel was also great and gave me an opportunity to meet some people I will work with.

No negotiation.

SRA Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Genentech in January 2015.

Got an email from the hiring scientist asking for a phone interview. We went through my resume. Questions were mostly technical. At the end of the interview, he asked me to get my referees to email him. He then called me back for an informal meeting to his office. Here he asked both work related and behavioural questions. Waiting to be contacted after.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving academia? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Reimbursement Specialist Interview

The interview generally has two mangers and one or two employees to gauge your knowledge of the job. A candidate can expect a question about their skills, previous roles and asked to make a test phone to evaluate your phone skills for this role.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Genentech in January 2015.

The interviewers were very personable and nice. It was like having a conversation. They wanted to know if your personality would be a right fit for the company. The interview consisted of three one on one interviews.

Labware Tech Interview

contacted by a recruiter from a job board and was asked to go to an interview. me the hiring manager who was very cordial and respectful. interview was conducted by the hiring manager and a lead from the position. The hiring manager asked simple behavioral questions while the lead was taking notes.

Interview Questions
    • the supervisor asked simple behavioral questions but made you second doubt your answers. they were looking for confidence more than substance.   Answer Question
    couldnt negotiate a salary as it was a contract job