Genzyme

57 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Interviewed at Genzyme

Interview Details Initially contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. I had both phone and in-person interviews. As large as Genzyme/Sanofi is, they have not developed the maturity it appears to have a more formal interview process where the interviewers have been trained on how to interview.

Negotiation Details – Spent a few days on salary negotiations

Document Specialist II Interview

Allston, MA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in June 2011.

Interview Details Temp to perm. They do not value temps and will try to keep you on as a temp employee for as long as possible. Asked behavioral questions. Interested in how you'll work under pressure. Require high level of experience for admin work. Meet with 5 interviewers so be prepared to be there a couple hours.

Interview Questions

• Example of conflict with coworker and how resolved it?   Answer Question
  • How do you manage competing priorities/can you work in a fast-paced environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cannot negotiate. Not much money in budget. Colleague who moved laterally from another position (FTE to FTE) took a pay cut. Be prepared to work hard with poor compensation. Terrible work environment - unprofessional.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Genzyme in July 2010.

Interview Details I was brought in through a temp agency which most admin positions seem to be. The agency I worked with was very nice and the process was smooth. I had an offer the day after I interviewed and started right after I gave 2 weeks notice at my previous position.

Interview Question – When working for pharma you will be asked if you understand reimbursement and the payor system   Answer Question

Process Engineer II Interview

Process Engineer II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details Typical interview process for biopharma

Interview Question – why would you like to work for genzyme   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They make an offer. No negotiation.

Facilities Interview

Interviewed at Genzyme

Interview Details The process takes many weeks and they leave you with question marks unanswered.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Genzyme in April 2010.

Interview Details It took more than 2 months and I had 2 face-to-face, 2 video conference interviews (at the office location) and 2 phone interviews.

Interview Question – Answering questions meant for another similar role.
I was asked about functional areas outside the job scope as the interviewer was under the assumption that I was being interviewed for a different role.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much.
The company matched my salary expectations.

Process Engineer I Interview

Process Engineer I

Interviewed at Genzyme

Interview Details I got interviewed nd approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.We will not post reviews containing:

Rants, venting, or obscenities
Personal insults or defamatory attacks (by name, title, or association)

Interview Question – Personal insults or defamatory attacks (by name, title, or association)
Aggressive or discriminatory language
Trade secrets or information protected by employer contracts
  Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Framingham, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2009.

Interview Details Totally different than when I was hired

Negotiation Details – Easy

Epidemiologist/Bio Statistician Interview

Cambridge, MA (US)

Interviewed at Genzyme

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter for the position. I had a great phone call with the hiring manager and was invited for an on-site interview. The travel arrangements were made to my specifications. Genzyme even sent a driver to pick me up from the airport. The interview itself went fine, but after a week, I found out from the recruiter that Genzyme had frozen the position and couldn't hire. The hiring manager said that she'd contact me but never did.

Interview Question – How advanced are your SAS programming skills?   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Development Associate
Framingham, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Genzyme in September 2012.

Interview Details Questions related to previous experiencs and techniques

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genzyme

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!

Genzyme Videos

Genzyme – Why Work for Us?

Genzyme is committed to discovering and delivering transformative therapies for patients with rare and special unmet medical needs, providing hope where there was none before. Corporate Overview Genzyme has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genzyme interview questions and advice. All 57 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Genzyme employees and interview candidates.