Genzyme Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

Pharmaceutical Specialty Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in September 2014.

Received email from hiring mgr bout setting up phone screen 1st thing in the morning. I accomodated her request & her following request to meet f2f (again 1st thing in the morning) at a location that typically takes an hour without traffic (in this case took me over an hour each way). She had told me ahead of time that it would be really informal in a coffee shop. This was not the case! Your typical STAR/situational/behavior-based interview. Thought it went ok, as she seemed to bring up examples of how her background was very similar (i.e. reason for making a change). Went above & beyond w/ ty email, mailed hand-written ty note, & put together a couple of PP presentations (including an action plan). Only response I received was almost a month later - a one liner saying they were proceeding w/ other candidates. Offer would have been contingent on them receiving FDA clearance on Lemtrada & there were supposedly 4 openings in my area. Seemed as if she was looking for someone who already had relationships in MS market. However, it seems as if companies like this no longer honor non-competes and/or don't want to train reps.

Interview Questions
    • What neurologists do you have a relationship with?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Genzyme.

I was hired during the peak of consultant hiring period. So, the interview process was brief. A quick telephone interview with a few good questions I was hired. The HR did a good job on pre-screen things. The job offer paper work is formal and complete. The whole process took about two weeks.

Principal Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Genzyme.

The hiring process was quiet smooth and quick as I was called in for face to face interview directly without a phone screening. I had a small general conversation with one of the HR rep within a week of applying for this position. All in all a smooth experience and all the interviewers were very professional. I actually got the denial email from hiring manager and also got feedback on my interview performance and areas of improvement. Based on that conversation I believe I did make a cut but somebody was better than me else you normally don't hear back from the hiring manager and definitely not a feedback on your performance.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions asked were standard questions, in fact the interview was more of a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Principal Production Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme.

I was an internal transfer, so I met with the Plant Manager to discuss the position. I submitted my resume to HR and they processed the paperwork to move me into my new role. The interview process for external applicants is much more detailed and complex. You will need to submit your resume online, and you will be contacted by HR if they are interested. Typically you will go through multiple interview sessions before a hiring decision is made. You can negotiate your salary, but there are salary ranges for each job level, and they will not typically exceed the maximum amount for the grade.

Interview Questions
    Since this was an internal transfer, the negotiation phase was simple. The position was one level higher than my current job, so a slight pay increase was added to my salary.

Lab Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Genzyme.

Standard phone screen followed by a first interview with 8 individuals and a second interview with 6 additional employees, plus a talk. None of the questions were particularly difficult, and I tried to be well-prepared. The process took way too long though (from November to April).

Interview Questions
    • Would you say you pay attention to detail and can you provide an example?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Genzyme.

Meet with multiple people. Start with HR, then Hiring manager, then the rest of the team. Scientists individually, but associates are grouped together as a tribunal. Then back to HR. For second interview, you will meet director team again, maybe will give small seminar.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual. Genzyme doesn't require a formal psych evaluation style interview that places like Merck use. Basically you will be asked about your experience etc. and things relevant to the actual position write up.   Answer Question
    Definitely negotiate. The offer is below market and if you accept it, that salary will blunt your future salary raises/promotions for your career.

Biostatisticians Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Genzyme.

Applied online and approximately a week later got an email from HR to schedule an phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted about 30/40 mins with mostly technical questions and haven't heard back since.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral questions and questions on fixed effects/random effects/GLM/non-parametric models,collinearity,PCA, factor analysis, DOE   Answer Question

QC Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in April 2014.

Sent up there by a recruiter as I have years of experience in every facet of the job, told it was a temp position, during course of interview was told its permanent

Interview Questions
    • Guy Im interviewing with out of the blue says "you know everybody else you would be working with is 15-20 years younger than you"   View Answer

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Initially contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. I had both phone and in-person interviews. As large as Genzyme/Sanofi is, they have not developed the maturity it appears to have a more formal interview process where the interviewers have been trained on how to interview.

Spent a few days on salary negotiations

Process Engineer II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genzyme.

Typical interview process for biopharma

Interview Questions
    They make an offer. No negotiation.

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!