Giant Eagle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier/Fuel Attendant Interview

Cashier/Fuel Attendant
Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in October 2010.

Interview Details Applied online got a call from a recruiter did a phone interview then set up to do a group interview then had to do a face to face interview with the manager of the gas station itself.

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary. Pretty common interview questions centered around customer service and what would you do situations.   Answer Question

Cashier/Bagger/Cart Guy Interview

Cashier/Bagger/Cart Guy

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2014.

Interview Details I submitted an application on a Saturday and was called on Sunday to interview on Monday.

The woman who interviewed me was very nice. She introduced herself, told me about the history of the company, told me about the duties of a cashier and bagger, told me about dress code, then she asked basic questions. I was interviewed in a short amount of time and it was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

Market District Strongsville Job Fair From Hell- Customer Service Interview

Market District Strongsville Job Fair From Hell- Customer Service
Strongsville, OH (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2014.

Interview Details So I along with 1500+ other people attended the market district job fair for the new location in Strongsville, Ohio. The set up was nice at first where they interviewed us in groups and they had food for us and goody bags. The interview included role playing and they based whether they saw us fit for the company. It was fun but very tiring. This lasted for an hour and a half. We then wasted time by talking to Department managers about availability We were given availability sheets to fill out but then they reviewed them and then told us that they were looking for open availability which could have been clearly communicated before hand. After wasting more time with that, we as a group waited for 45 more minutes just to be told that they only had part-time and get this: they were only paying minimum wage $7.45! I have another job and felt that my complete Saturday was wasted for 5 hours when we were told that they only needed 2 hours from us. I took the position only because I was leaving with something after being there for so long but I doubt that I go to orientation because 7.45 is just gas to get out there. Then to have to pay union dues. Giant Eagle/ Market district is a joke, just hire a bunch of kids in High school for that pay. Intentions were good but communication was terrible.

Interview Question – We role played and questions included what to do when a customer is upset, how to sell and product and what would you do type of questions.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Giant Eagle in November 2011.

Interview Details I submitted my application and they contacted me within a few weeks. A date was set for the interview. The interview was very simple. I was just asked general questions that were related to what was on my resume.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Front End Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and two days later I got called by the hiring recruiter. She set me up for an interview with the front-end manager for the next day. I went and did the interview, which was quick and easy, and they called me two hours later asking me to accept the job.

Interview Question – What would you do if you were starving before work and there was a long line of customers in front of your cash register? How would that make you feel?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details Applied in store with a paper application. Got called for an interview in about a week. Had one simple one on one interview and was hired on the spot. I signed up for Part-time work and ended getting over 40 hours.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

File Maintenance Interview

File Maintenance
Warren, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Giant Eagle in June 2013.

Interview Details 1 interview total. Was done by the owner of my particular store. It was very short and to the point. I was hired on the spot. Questions were mostly regarding my work experience.

Interview Question – Definitely unexpected question "what was your favorite subject in school"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing was ever negotiated.

Meat Department Clerk Interview

Meat Department Clerk
Rocky River, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Giant Eagle in June 2014.

Interview Details Had phone interview on Friday the 13 the and in Monday the 15 the was offered a position !and today was turned down for a position received a email saying I was turned down hr was very evasive and didn't care about the outcome!

Front End Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Giant Eagle.

Interview Details Easy process and easy questions. It was my first ever interview and it was very smoothly. She was also very quick at getting back to me with the job offer.

Interview Question – Worst thing about you   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Kennedy, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Giant Eagle in June 2014.

Interview Details First contacted by calling to see if I was eligible for the position. A 10-15 minute phone interview then followed with the human resources recruiter. After that, I was set up for a face-to-face interview with the Pharmacy manager. Recruiter called the day of interview to offer me the job.
Orientation was set up the next day with a call from a different lady. Second orientation will be with a Pharmacy Trainer.

Interview Question – In previous work experience, name a time when you weren't sure of the outcome of a difficult situation. (or something along the lines of that)   Answer Question

Worked for Giant Eagle? Contribute to the Community!