GlaxoSmithKline

Updated 20 Nov 2014
Updated 20 Nov 2014

3.1

Future Leaders Program - Sales & Marketing FT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The application is online and there's an essay portion to it.

They started off with a phone interview which was about 45 minutes long and super in-depth. It was all behavioral questions and they force you to use the STAR method so if you start and don't use it, they'll stop you and make you start again. At the end of that phone call, they'll tell you whether not they want you to move on to their assessment center.

In the assessment center, you get a case study which you read overnight then you use the same information for your super day. There's 2 group projects, a presentation, a role playing scenario and finally a one-on-one interview. They'll tell you usually within a day if you got the offer or not.

Safety Assessment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Applied online. After two weeks, I received an email for a phone interview scheduled for the same day in the afternoon. The interview involves going through the job description and the expectation required of intern. Then specific questions were asked regarding my past experience working with animals especially rodents. There questions that try to know whether I am an animal activist and whether I will comfortable working with animals. Expecting to hear back from them

Interview Questions
    • What motivated you to apply to this program/department?   View Answer
    No negotiation. No relocation and transportation subsidies.

Position Interview

Applied through the university for the position online, attended a brief presentation also on the project. Had an interview at GSK, was given 4 days to prepare a presentation on the topic and had to resent before the interview. Panel of three people, quite abrupt and unfriendly but purposely done in this manner

Future Leaders Program - Procurement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

I applied online after speaking with a representative at a career fair. After one phone interview I was invited for the final round. The final round consisted of a day and a half of interviewing and assessments.

Computational Biologist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Two phone interviews consisting of behavioral questions and past research projects, and one on site interview consisting of talk with in person interviews all day. Most interviewers were very nice / laid back and seemed like softball questions but then others seemed interested in playing a good cop / bad cop routine.

Interview Questions
    • Questions went the full way from some more algorithmic descriptions to biological questions about study design. The length of the process and diversity of the questions rather than any specific question was a bit tiring for me but it was also the first time in my life I did it.   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Very last minute phone interview request; interviewer requested a very rigid STAR method for interview. Followed by onsite interview for two days while interviewers observe how each candidate work in a team environment. I would have preferred the interview process to be explained sooner and did not have to schedule multiple interviews last minute.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to be firm in your belief.   Answer Question

Global Marketing Director Interview

Resume Review followed by interviews (1-2) optional group interview. This depends on the job being applied for and the country also. Sometimes a final interview may be needed with the hiring managers line manager also but this is for director level and above roles only.

Submission Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Both phone interview and on-site interview asked about behavioural questions. The interviewers seemed to be friendly, but it was very difficult to tell whether they were satisfied by your answers.

Interview Questions
    • They asked you to complete a sentence: I got in trouble when…...   Answer Question

Future Leader Graduate Programmer - Communications and Gov Affairs Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2014.

Online application form and verbal/numerical reasoning tests, online interview. This interview is done at home and is like Skype but with no real person on the other end. You are given questions to answer, a little time to prepare and then a couple of minutes to answer. I was asked 6 STAR-type questions and then 2 extra 2 minute time slots to add any further comments you may have.

Interview Questions
    • Things like 'Give an example of when you showed leadership in a team situation'   Answer Question

EHS Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2014.

I applied online 8/2014 and was contacted for a phone screen with HR about 2 months later. About 2.5 weeks after the initial screening I had a Skype interview with 3 people from the safety department. I was offered and accepted the job a couple of days later. Everyone was pleasant and professional to interview with. I haven't interviewed via Skype much, but there is a lot of great info on the web about how to prepare for this type of interview. It was a little uncomfortable to accept a position without seeing the facility and meeting the people I will work with in person, but I'm not local to the plant.

Interview Questions
    • Not really anything too unexpected. Skype interview consisted of behavioral questions and expertise questions.   Answer Question
    The offer was good so no need to negotiate.