GlaxoSmithKline

Updated 2 Mar 2015
Updated 2 Mar 2015

3.1

Production Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

1 - Screening of CV
    2 - Interview with Management (Panel)
    3 - Interview with Directors (Panel)

I was sent to two locations for my first interview. Jurong and pioneer plant. Both interviews were different in terms of the questions they asked and the manager itself.

Interview Questions
    • 1 - Tell me about yourself
      2 - If you were running the plant, and you noticed some discolouration in the product, what would you do
      3 - Plenty of scenario and technical base questions

Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Industrial Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Applied for the position via the gsk site. The contacted me after about one month and I had to pass through a phone interview. After that they invited me to the assessment day. That day I had to give a presentation and attend a technical and a competency-based interview. A tour of the manufacturing site was also scheduled, led by other industrial placement students.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between risk and hazard?   View Answer
    • Tell me a time when you inspired a group of people or led a team to success   Answer Question
    • Tell me an area in which you have improved recently   Answer Question
    • What are the properties that you need to know to design a mixing vessel (fluid properties and mixing tank material properties)?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve a drying process?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2015.

Took a while to get call from hiring manager. When we sat down we reviewed Resume review, Behavior Questions-Integrity is a company theme. Also, Focus on Sales ability

Interview Questions
    • Name how you changed a prescriber's habits and what was the process and how did the prescriber react?   View Answer
    • When can you start? We have a drug test as well as credit check.   View Answer

Had other offer from another pharma company

Future Leaders Programmer - Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

First rounds - Online Application Form, Online Psychometric Tests were relatively easy to complete
    Second round - Video interview: behavioural questions only. About 5 questions with 2 minutes to answer each. An additional 2 minutes at the back to add additional comments or clarify anything you might have been unclear or have missed out.
    Final round - Assessment day: ability test, behavioural interview, role play, individual written exercise and a presentation. Make sure to read up on the process and GSK's competencies before the assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you took a risk and how you made your decision   Answer Question

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2015.

Applied online. Was contacted about 2 weeks later for a 1 hour phone screening interview followed by 1 hour live interview. Reviewed resume and was asked mostly behavioral based questions. Two interviewers were present.

Interview Questions
    • How do you bring value to your customers? Provide an example.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2015.

Started late, no extra questions apart from the ones in a 'template'. A brief about next steps and their current process. Technical expertise questions. No question asked about work/life balance, although I need one.

IT Industrial Placement Year Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Presentation on 'Your greatest achievement, that you are most passionate about'-roughly 15 minutes and then a set of competency questions. There were 3 people who interviewed me and the whole process lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Views on animal testing/ Best source of information you use   Answer Question

Event Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Went through 4 interviews. Everyone was very nice. Went through a group interview. Individual interview. Was disapointed I didn't receive an offer. Have kept in touch about possible jobs in the future.

Business Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Easy and direct questions to know about yourself and situational based questions. The interviewer was calm and makes you comfortable. You should prepare well and get to know the company to be able to answer questions

Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview

Application, online tests - verbal, numerical, diagrammatic, telephone interview, assessment center consisting of team exercises, role play, technical presentation and interview. The role play was a bit difficult because you will be given about 15 minutes to read and then you will act as a manager to one of the assessors. The technical presentation topic will be given one week prior to the day of assessment.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was a bit difficult because you will be asked practical questions on process dynamics and control, draw P & IDs and stuffs like that. There is no much preparation to make, you need to use your residual knowledge.   Answer Question