GlaxoSmithKline

Updated 27 Jan 2015
Updated 27 Jan 2015

3.1

IT Industrial Placement Year Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Presentation on 'Your greatest achievement, that you are most passionate about'-roughly 15 minutes and then a set of competency questions. There were 3 people who interviewed me and the whole process lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Views on animal testing/ Best source of information you use   Answer Question

Event Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Went through 4 interviews. Everyone was very nice. Went through a group interview. Individual interview. Was disapointed I didn't receive an offer. Have kept in touch about possible jobs in the future.

Business Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Easy and direct questions to know about yourself and situational based questions. The interviewer was calm and makes you comfortable. You should prepare well and get to know the company to be able to answer questions

Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview

Application, online tests - verbal, numerical, diagrammatic, telephone interview, assessment center consisting of team exercises, role play, technical presentation and interview. The role play was a bit difficult because you will be given about 15 minutes to read and then you will act as a manager to one of the assessors. The technical presentation topic will be given one week prior to the day of assessment.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was a bit difficult because you will be asked practical questions on process dynamics and control, draw P & IDs and stuffs like that. There is no much preparation to make, you need to use your residual knowledge.   Answer Question

Vaccines Telesales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

STAR INTERVIEW. Know the vaccines prior to the interview. Dress to impress, full suit, black or grey. Slouching is highly frowned upon. Don't be a brown noser, no one likes that.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the difference between territory management and account management?   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

I was interviewed 4 days after submitting my resume and had to wait due to some internal interviews taking place at the same time. I then received a confirmation of job offer after 3 days.

Interview Questions
    One interview only. Feedback from employer confirmed that my profile was apparently the best out of 3 other candidates in term of experience.

Healthcare Consultant Interview

phone screening then 2 days of interviewing each around 1.5 hrs long, both with my now manager, easy going simple questions (a lot), answer in STAR format. Most will not interview like this, usually you do a 1on1 interview after a phone screening, then a second 1on1 then you have a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to detail two products on 2nd and final day of interview.   Answer Question
    Not a lot of room to negotiate, salary is pretty fixed on what they tell you.

Future Leaders Program - Sales & Marketing FT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

The application is online and there's an essay portion to it.

They started off with a phone interview which was about 45 minutes long and super in-depth. It was all behavioral questions and they force you to use the STAR method so if you start and don't use it, they'll stop you and make you start again. At the end of that phone call, they'll tell you whether not they want you to move on to their assessment center.

In the assessment center, you get a case study which you read overnight then you use the same information for your super day. There's 2 group projects, a presentation, a role playing scenario and finally a one-on-one interview. They'll tell you usually within a day if you got the offer or not.

Clinical Data Scientist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Ask psychological questions that really don't address the skills of the candidate. Received call from the HR representative who offered me the position with the salary and benefits. Allowed a week to accept or decline the offer and was able to negotiate salary.

Future Leadership Program Interview

Procedure starts with an online test. Test is easy, but they shortlist only on basis of CGPA, and test marks are irrelevant. This is followed by a GD. My topic for GD was "Should subsidy be removed". After shortlisting everyone above cgp 8, they select around 15 students for personal intervie