GlaxoSmithKline

Relevance Date Difficulty

EHS Compliance Specialist Interview

EHS Compliance Specialist
Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and got a phone screen within a week. Interview was mostly skill based questions; for example, what is your experience with air permits? Have ever changed a process from respirator-required to non-respirator required?
Interviewer was very pleasant.

Interview Question – No really hard questions. Just more skill based than anything and I'm pretty new to safety so couldn't answer some because they aren't applicable to my current experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details GSK found me through a recruiter. Went through one 60-minute interview with HR Recruiter, mostly general questions to determine fit. Then 2 phone screens with hiring manager followed by a half day one-on-ones with 3 different VP level decision makers.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you struggled with an assignment because it felt in conflict with your ethics and integrity. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward. GSK does a great job laying out the benefits of joining in an easy to understand fashion.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Cairo (Egypt)

I interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2010.

Interview Details you must have been finished your medical background colledge or degree like phisician or physotherapy or pharmacy or veterinary or science bachlore to qualify to submit your application.
then you should prepare your cv and some other documenta like your military cervice certificate and your bachelor,s degree certificate and a proof of residance like an electricity bill

Interview Question – how do you sell this pen to me   Answer Question

Analytical Scientist Interview

Analytical Scientist
Stevenage, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2014.

Interview Details All organised well until arrival. At the gate in Stevenage the guards didnt want to let me in as they had no info about me or my arrival. Also they could not find the hiring managers details
I have not received any feedback after the interview, despite my request. It took 2 months to give me the final answer and not up to 2 weeks as promised at the interview. This made me feel disrespected.

Interview Question – HR manager has asked me: Do you own a house? Are you married? Do you have children and how many? etc. The was no reason for asking these questions. I felt disrespected when i heard them. My enthusiasm for GSK melted like snow is a sunny day. I didnt have anything to hide, but i felt undermined and devalued.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Medical Sales Representative
Cairo (Egypt)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in June 2013.

Interview Details DM ten IQ & english test then HR interview with third party HR organization then HR from GSK then Panel interview with some training and sales managers in which you have to make a presentation analyzing and giving a solutions for a case that may face you in the market if GSK hired you after that the final interview with the HR director and the sales Director .

Interview Question – business case you have to analyse it and give solutions .   Answer Question

Operational Excellence Leader Interview

Operational Excellence Leader
Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online and interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details They had a very tedious but good interview process. They had me answer a series of questions as a screening for my phone interview. I wound up typing 4 pages single spaced to answer all of the technical questions that they asked. I am not sure if that was overkill but I got an offer so I assume that was good. During the in-person interview, I took a tour of the plant and then had to put together a presentation on the improvement opportunities that I had identified. Again, I am very thorough so I spent an hour on the presentation while eating lunch and then presented my findings to the panel interview team.

I really liked the panel interview. They have 5 folks that participated were very experienced in their areas and they asked pertinent questions. They chose to include some of the pointless behavioral questions, probably because the HR person in the room required it.

I would have loved to work at GSK but unfortunately the pay was less than I was already making and a higher level position was not available at the time.

Interview Question – The had me tour their production facility and then create a Powerpoint presentation on all of the improvement opportunities that I identified.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This position would be a lateral move for me and the pay offered was far less than I was already making in my current position.

Future Leaders Programmer In Science - Pharmacy Interview

Future Leaders Programmer In Science - Pharmacy
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in December 2013.

Interview Details For this selection process, I was asked 5 strength questions which are pretty straightforward (detailed below).
I was then selected to conduct an inductive reasoning test: a kind of logical test you can find many examples on the internet.
Unfortunately, I was not selected to the next stage after this test.

Interview Questions

• 1. At GSK we are committed to high quality customer and patient care and are focused on research and global health improvements. We want to understand why you are interested in working for GSK and what motivates you. We are also interested in what you are passionate about and what types of tasks you really enjoy doing or feel that you excel in.
    What interests you about GSK? Think about your key strengths (i.e. what are you really passionate about) and how will you utilise these strengths to be successful at GSK? (Maximum 300 words)
      Answer Question
  • 2. At GSK we are constantly striving to improve the way we work in order to drive better results. Our people embrace change, are motivated to constantly learn and develop and seek new opportunities.
    What interests you about this specific programme? Think about how will you utilise your strengths, skills and knowledge to deliver high quality results for your chosen programme? (Maximum 300 words)
      Answer Question
  • 3. It is important for the continued success of GSK that employees learn from experiences, understand their strengths and development areas, explore possibilities and new ideas.
    Please describe an experience from a previous role (paid or voluntary work) where you have learned an important lesson and applied this in a new context? (Maximum 300 words)
      Answer Question
  • 4. GSK drives its success by building strong, positive relationships with stakeholders and by taking time to understand customer and patient needs. It is essential that employees keep up to date with research and market trends in order to understand their potential strategic impact on health improvement, patient and customer needs.
    Please tell us about a current topic or challenge in the healthcare industry that is of interest to you and what strategic or long term impact you think this could have on GSK? (Maximum 300 words)
      Answer Question
  • 5. At GSK we are continuously striving to improve the way we work. In order to be successful in the long term, our employees need to demonstrate strong leadership and influencing skills as well as the ability to understand others. Thinking about the experience you have gained from your interests, hobbies or extra-curricular activities; please describe the following:
    Your biggest individual achievement including the position of responsibility held over the past 3-4 years. Think about the challenges you overcame and how you ensured a positive outcome. (Maximum 300 words)

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Parsippany, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed in Parsippany for four hours, met with some descent people. Contacted them two weeks after the interview for a status update, never a response back. Contacted once again, again no response. I feel it was inconsiderate of such a large company, I'd think twice before applying to GSK again.

Interview Question – Questions around Brand Finance, something I had limited background in.   Answer Question

Validation Manager Interview

Validation Manager

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details GSK follows a very standardized interview process centered around assuring that there is no discrimination of applicants. Questions are screened and approved by HR for use in the interview process so there is little to distinguish applicants who give standard responses. The way to distinguish yourself from other applicants is through technical expertise and personality.

Interview Question – Technical questions specific to the role of the application.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

DPU Heart Failure Coop Interview

DPU Heart Failure Coop
King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2014.

Interview Details Interviewer was extremely nice and gave complements throughout the interview. The interview was planned and over the phone. I was also politely given the time of the length that the interview was going to be, over email. Overall, I would categorize the interview as informal, but professional.

Interview Question – What type of reagent did you use for mmeasuring the IC50 of the bioassays you performed?   View Answer

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!