GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.1

Senior Scientist/Associate Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

I was emailed for a screening interview over the phone. We scheduled for the following week. I was interviewed by two pleasant scientists, who asked me technical questions that pertained to the position, no behavioral questions. I sent a follow up email and never heard back from them. It's been about 3-4 weeks since the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions. They were really just; what is your experience with this or that?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brentford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentford, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2013.

The process started by the exchange of a few emails with an HR manager. After the submition of my CV and cover letter, she put me in contact with my future manager. Then, I got a phone interview with this manager and her boss. After several questions on my CV and my experience, they asked me why GSK, why Procurement and ultimately, to describe a discount I had nogatiated in my life.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a discount you have negotiated in your life. It could be anything.   Answer Question
    I was asked what were my expectations in terms of salary. I replied I was not asking much but I wanted to be financially independent so I would appreciate to have enough for food and accomodation. The manager said, without mentionning any amount, that they would give me a small compensation. Eventually, £1200/ month was more than enough

Management Tranee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

They will explain the whole management training program before the assessment day. Assessment day has four tests: action plan( written ) role play (oral), group presentation and discussion and finally behavioral interview. Just try to be your self. Know about business. Have good presentation skills.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral interview was the hardest part because I have been exhausted during the earlier exercises and they want you to be very specific.(situation, example, and outcome).   Answer Question

Medical Center Representative Interview

It took about a month before the interview. The office looks great and is very impressive. There will be 3 interviews after you pass the examination/screening. First interview is with the HR who will ask all the basic information about you. If you're a fresh graduate, that will be your school academic achievements, organizations you've joined, your leadership and teamwork experiences. The 2nd interview is usually a panel comprising of 2-3 district managers who will ask questions that will challenge your logic and decision-making skills. The 3rd interview is with the CEO which i think is just to formalize the hiring process.

Investigator Interview

Received and initial email from the hiring manager in which we agreed upon a set time for a phone interview. During the phone interview, the hiring manager was completely inappropriate. The interview started off great, and was asked where I wanted to be in 5 years. Once my answer was given the manager seemed as though they felt threatened and were completely rude the rest of the interview. I was emailed to set up an on-site interview, though I declined due to the uncomfortableness I encountered with the hiring manager.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2014.

The whole process consisted of one HR phone screen, and one afternoon meeting with three people (two engineers, one HR rep) and a tour of the manufacturing facility. I was told that I would probably need to come back to meet with one other person but that did not happen. Two weeks after the panel interview, I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a technician who was resistant to your process improvements?   Answer Question
    Offer was very fair based on my degree and experience. I did not negotiate.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Very stressful interview. Too many rounds. HR interview is stupid, but the interview with executive director was difficult.
    Too much stress on sales and less on marketing even though the position was for marketing. Overall a very good expereince

Not at all. They didn't make any room for it.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

Applied online. Received a call from the hiring manager about 6 weeks later. Phone screen then a face to face interview. Questions included: tell me about yourself, what led you to apply for this job, why should we hire you, many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. Pretty straight forward. Lots of behavioral....tell me about a time when. Have a variety of scenarios available.   Answer Question
    During the interview process I was asked what I was currently making. I did not really negotiate, the offer was appropriate.

Investigator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Pretty short interview compared to other big pharmaceuticals I interviewed at. Gave a research talk (45 min with questions after). Besides research talk, rest of interview was not that technical. There were 5 one on one interviews. they have questions that you answer using the star method. So they ask situational questions where you dealt with a difficult teammate or implemented a process improvement, stuff like that. People were very friendly and made sure I had time to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions were from senior scientific managers during my talk   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in July 2014.

1ST WRITTEN test,
    where some basic english,maths and about company questions.

2nd HR round
    where about your introduction and other questions subject

and finally last round with area sales manager,regional sales manger,zonal sales manager
    asks different type of questions.

be confident and answer with a smile.

Location not suitable

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!