GlaxoSmithKline Interview Questions

Updated 30 Sep 2014
Updated 30 Sep 2014

3.1

BU Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Only two formal interviews with HR and supervisor, very friendly and open communication. Focus on compliance (jajaja, have a lot of issues now a days in this area). Offer with a good base and benefits, i.e. company car, medical, vision and dental insurance, discount on company products or even free. Good infrastructure and offices.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you will perform in these environment?   View Answer
    Negotiated back and forward to get to where I wanted to be

Junior IT Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

A presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managers

N/A

Clinical Data Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Initially contacted by HR and scheduled an interview. Once passed thru HR had interviews with 3 other people within the Clinical Data Management group. Two of the DM interviewers I ended up working with for several years.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a choice of questions, I could pass if I didn't have an answer or didn't quite understand the question. Mostly on how I would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Employee Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

We conduct mostly behavioural interviews - asking specifics from your history; questions are based on key behaviours for role and GSK leadership expectations (even at individual contributor level); come prepared with good recall of past projects, actions, results, impact to business, how you resolved challenges, relationships, etc.Be very honest - don't fudge because you'll get asked about details.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you identified a process improvement that would improve the customer experience; what was your approach; how did you measure the customer experience was improved.   Answer Question

Medical Center Representative Interview

It took about a month before the interview. The office looks great and is very impressive. There will be 3 interviews after you pass the examination/screening. First interview is with the HR who will ask all the basic information about you. If you're a fresh graduate, that will be your school academic achievements, organizations you've joined, your leadership and teamwork experiences. The 2nd interview is usually a panel comprising of 2-3 district managers who will ask questions that will challenge your logic and decision-making skills. The 3rd interview is with the CEO which i think is just to formalize the hiring process.

Investigator Interview

Received and initial email from the hiring manager in which we agreed upon a set time for a phone interview. During the phone interview, the hiring manager was completely inappropriate. The interview started off great, and was asked where I wanted to be in 5 years. Once my answer was given the manager seemed as though they felt threatened and were completely rude the rest of the interview. I was emailed to set up an on-site interview, though I declined due to the uncomfortableness I encountered with the hiring manager.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Very stressful interview. Too many rounds. HR interview is stupid, but the interview with executive director was difficult.
    Too much stress on sales and less on marketing even though the position was for marketing. Overall a very good expereince

Not at all. They didn't make any room for it.

Investigator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Pretty short interview compared to other big pharmaceuticals I interviewed at. Gave a research talk (45 min with questions after). Besides research talk, rest of interview was not that technical. There were 5 one on one interviews. they have questions that you answer using the star method. So they ask situational questions where you dealt with a difficult teammate or implemented a process improvement, stuff like that. People were very friendly and made sure I had time to ask questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions were from senior scientific managers during my talk   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

Applied online. Received a call from the hiring manager about 6 weeks later. Phone screen then a face to face interview. Questions included: tell me about yourself, what led you to apply for this job, why should we hire you, many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • None. Pretty straight forward. Lots of behavioral....tell me about a time when. Have a variety of scenarios available.   Answer Question
    During the interview process I was asked what I was currently making. I did not really negotiate, the offer was appropriate.

Management Tranee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2014.

They will explain the whole management training program before the assessment day. Assessment day has four tests: action plan( written ) role play (oral), group presentation and discussion and finally behavioral interview. Just try to be your self. Know about business. Have good presentation skills.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral interview was the hardest part because I have been exhausted during the earlier exercises and they want you to be very specific.(situation, example, and outcome).   Answer Question