GlaxoSmithKline

109 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Associate Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in April 2014.

Interview Details Really long and elaborate - 6 essay questions, video interview, full-day assessment. Critically examine both technical and soft skills.

Interview Question – How will your expertise help GSK?   Answer Question

Analytical Scientist Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Interview with HR one month later. Invited to onsite interview two months later. Interview consisted of a meeting with hiring manager followed with me giving a presentation with Q/A session. Questions during entire interview consisted of questions regards to problems they were trying to solve and generic HR questions. Emailed hiring manager two weeks later for update with no response. Horrible communication throughout the entire process. Still have not received reimbursement for interview expenses.

Interview Question – What would you implement to solve this......   Answer Question

Finance Manager Planning and Analysis Interview

Brentford, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2014.

Interview Details telephone interview (30 mins) followed by face to face interview with hiring manager and its line manager (Finance Director). focus on competencies and work related examples for different situations.
no feedback after the interview, even if it was one hour and a half long and they were impressed by my experience and my technical "textbook knowledge"
I requested a formal feedback and they told me that they are "are in the final stages of making a decision", no further details, but never heard of them back again

Interview Question – predictable questions, no formal introduction of the interviewers (they never presented themselves with their job names, I had to search them on Linked in to know who they were), the hiring manager was the one to coordinate the interviews (dates, time, location) - no HR involvement whatsoever in the recruitment process   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2014.

Interview Details I sent my CV to a recruitment agency to apply for the role. The following day I received a phone call to discuss my experiences, salary expectations and why I was looking for a move. A week later I received a phone call requesting a face to face interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week at a time convenient for me. The interview consisted of a competency based panel interview followed by a presentation and lasted ~1hour 30minutes. After which I had the floor to ask questions. I was informed that it would take ~2weeks to get feed back as they had just started the interview process and had a lot of candidates to interview. On the Monday of the start of the third week following the interview I received a phone call from the recruiter that GSK had made an offer for me, which after some questioning I was happy to accept. GSK had the best onboarding process I have encountered in my professional career. They have a dedicated onboarding profile which was clear, and easy to use.

Interview Question – As the interview was competency based, it was all about your dealings and experience with difficult people, decisions and how you go about influencing people. The most unexpected question was asking me what my current salary is, this was the first time I have had a hiring manager ask that during the interview. Their technical question was regarding how you would go about conducting an investigation, which I felt wasn't technical at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate my salary for the grade I was being interviewed for. I did not feel any requirement to negotiate as I felt the salary offered was very competitive. I would say if you are going to negotiate have a solid case on why you are worth more than they are offering and what skill you have that will benefit the business greatly.

Future Leaders Program Interview

Interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline

Interview Details Online application --> Video Interview --> AC

Interview Question – A few essays to complete when applying online   Answer Question

QC Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details The process was pretty informal. I had conducted a good phone interview that was about 30 minutes long. When i was brought in for a face to face interview, i had the impression that they already wanted to hire me, and were just bringing me in to make sure i wasnt a psychopath. Most of the people i have met are very relaxed, and are focused on making sure the people they hire work well in the environment

Interview Question – For me, the most difficult question was answering where i planned to be at the end of my contract.   Answer Question

Network Operations Co-op Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in January 2013.

Interview Details I had two interviews for the position and they were questions regarding my future goals and how much I will be learning from this experience.

Interview Question – I was not asked a difficult technical question regarding the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to work in the RTP office instead of the Navy yard location in Philadelphia.

2013 IT Industrial Placement Scheme Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2012.

Interview Details Application for the placement scheme was through the online portal in which a number of questions have to be answered. These can be saved and an applicant come back to at a later date - allowing for the answers to be modified and improved. Successful applicants are then invited for a single interview which 2 current hiring managers and a current placement student. A range of situational questions are asked and the applicant is asked to present a pre-prepared presentation, often on a significant achievement. There are no technical questions - even for technical roles.

Interview Question – Why do you think IT plays such a big part for GlaxoSmithKline?   View Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Supply Chain Manager
Brentford, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in May 2011.

Interview Details Competence based interviews

Interview Question – Can be prepared for using the published information (internet)   Answer Question

Future Leaders Sales and Marketing New Grad Development Scheme Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details Initially applied via campus recruiting. First round was a one on one with HR person who led recruiting for this program. Asked questions such as why GSK, what motivates you, tell me about your greatest accomplishment/achievement, and tell me about a time you worked with someone difficult, as well as some other classic behaviors (there may have been one on persuasion, cant completely remember). Overall went smoothly, heard back about 3 days later I had been invited to the assessment center.

The second round consisted of several tasks including interviews, presentations, role playing, and writing assessments. Most of which you can't really prepare for so all you need to do is be confident and be able to support your claims with evidence. The behavior interview the second day consisted of ten questions that lasted roughly an hour. Everyone was very nice, HR staff members were so comforting and generous.

Interview Question – Based on an employees past achievements, strengths, weaknesses, and experience at this fictional company (information was given on each of these), determine whether or not to continue with his letter of resignation or persuade him to stay.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GlaxoSmithKline

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GlaxoSmithKline interview questions and advice. All 109 interview reviews are posted anonymously by GlaxoSmithKline employees and interview candidates.