GoPro Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.6

Music Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at GoPro (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Emailed to set up a skype pre-interview. Once skype opened ...first thing was that they laughed. Phone interview lasted less than 2 minute and they didn't seem to know what to ask or say other than do you own a GoPro. That made the process difficult.
    No information about the job, what skills or experience I have, etc. I don't think they knew much about the position or had experience interviewing applicants. There was no further follow up (from them).

Interview Questions

• Somewhat silly question along the lines... 'so, you know, like, all these famous film makers and you can call them ..."   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Overall it was a positive experience. It took almost 6-7 weeks total from the date I applied online. With as many people as they are hiring, the recruiter was responsive and organized throughout the whole process, although a few follow up emails were required nothing out of the ordinary. I had 4 stages for this interview: phone screening with the recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manger, and two on-site interviews with nine different individuals (1:1s). There were six people in the first on-site over 4 hours and three in the 2nd onsite over 2.5 hours. It was a bit repetitive and exhausting going through that many 1:1 interviews in a row, but ultimately it was more comfortable and engaging compared to a panel or group interview. They are really big on not only finding the person with the right talent but also finding a culture fit. I was bummed of course in the end when I didn't get it, but it came down to the other candidate having more experience, so what can you do. I am glad I had the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What experience and attributes would you bring to the team that would be an advantage over other candidates?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that went horribly wrong and how did you fix it/get through it?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if someone is not providing enough info to kick off a project but they want you to start anyways?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Each person I met with was very personable and was clearly passionate about the company and its future. I was able to meet with potential peers, direct reports, and executive management.

Interview Questions

• What would be my approach to addressing the key focus areas for this role   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer I received was fair and competitive - we simply needed to agree on start date and I had some expectations and details of the role I wanted to clarify.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at GoPro (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in February 2015.

Interview

First telephone interview with the recruiter in the US, 2nd conference call with the hiring manager. 3rd interview was on site interview in their Shanghai office, with head of sales & marketing, recruiter, and recruiting manager.
    In the end the recruiting manager told me that I will be shortlisted to further interview with the people in the US, after two weeks, I made a call to the recruiter who I met in Shanghai, she told me I still in the loop and need to meet up with the head of Engineering in China.

Two weeks later, I have wrote them a email to follow up, they've replied me they will go with another candidate.

A bit chaos because there is no particular contact person to update and follow up for you. The first recruiter who has contacted me already out of loop.

I have to say I can sense that every individual I have met are great, passionate about what are they doing now. Perhaps for the newly growing company need to take time to be more systematic.

Interview Questions

• What's your story, your past experience, have you ever handle or create any tension relationship in your team.   Answer Question

Photo Assistant - Adventure Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Two weeks later, an assignment/test. Then two weeks later told they were going to "move forward with other candidates who appear to match our requirements more closely at this time."

Interview Questions

• Where do I currently work. Do I think I could handle the job tasks. How much I currently make, and how much I'd like to make working for GoPro. If my portfolio work was compensated.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The Recruiter was friendly and personable. I was always kept in the loop about everything. The interview is very laid back. A few interviewers on the panel were running late, but it seems like thats how the culture is there. Well organized from start to finish. The people you meet really make you feel special and wanted. I would probably grab beers with them afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about GoPro? What's your favorite GoPro video?   Answer Question

Photo Retoucher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GoPro in November 2014.

Interview

Two editing tests, each of 3-5 photos and a text document with directions for each photo. I had fun doing it, and found it to be between average and difficult. The first test was tricky and a bit tough, but the second was quite well rounded and not bad. Submittal through Dropbox. They responded saying they had received it, and that was the last I had ever heard back.

Interview Questions

• The only questions I was asked pertained to how I would go about editing an image.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at GoPro in September 2014.

Interview

I met totally 9 people including two recruiters during this full-day on-site interview. No very difficult questions. Different people asked similiar questions and I had to repeat my answer several times. All people interviewed me friendly and I was encouraged to follow them back with "any" questions or concerns. The only guy who is in my specific disciplinary skipped his slot and showed up to have lunch with me without any question. This makes me feel strange. During the entire month following the on-site, I emailed those guys twice asking for any decision. I got feedbacks from several engineers but they don't know any decision. The recruiter and the hiring manager never responded my email.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the most challenging techinical issue I ever worked on and how is the results.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GoPro (San Mateo, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process here took about a month from initial recruiter contact to final decision, and was great from start to finish. While I didn't end up getting an offer, I found every single person I met with to be very professional and passionate about the company, I was impressed with all of the people I met. It seems like it would be a great place to work, especially for a young (early thirties) man. It is a very heavily male/sporty/casual culture, and I suspect that it would be very difficult for someone that looks different to be accepted. (This is not a criticism, it is human nature to choose people that look just like you, especially at a young company.)

Interview Questions

• I didn't find that the interviews followed any sort of set format - the conversations were all very open and organic in terms of what was going on in the industry and the specific needs of the business, and how my particular skill set was relevant. There did seem to be a little bit of disagreement or maybe empire-building going on within/between two of the organizations - but I think that is to be expected with a company that is growing so quickly.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GoPro in August 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted on Linkedin and was scheduled for a phone interview a few days later. It was basic questions about my current role and my work history. She then told me she wanted to invite me to come in for an On-Site interview. That was scheduled for the following week. The general atmosphere there is very friendly and fun. The first two interviewers were RC's and told you about the day to day responsibilities. The next two were managers and asked behavioral questions.