Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.4

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I was sent Immediately to "super day".... through networking.

5 interviews in Chicago office 7AM - Noon. Ranged from VPs to new hires.

Awesome facility. The experienced professionals were awesome. Younger analysts seemed awkward & overworked.

I am not a finance major, so questions were more market based/behavioral based/etc.... Nothing too complex. If you watch the news/follows the WSJ you should be fine understanding the questions.

Interview Questions
  • "Why do you want to work at a company where you will have no life?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Was contacted by HR (they had my details on file) and asked if I'd like to interview for an Analyst position.I believe this was part of their off-cycle intake.
    Interviews were 1:1, and back-to-back. No "surprise" or "trick" questions. Common sense dictates: know your stuff, inside out. Questions were slightly 'behavioural' in nature. All of my interviewers were very pleasant.

Analyst Interview

Had an technical and HR round interview on same day at bangalore office EGL. This was for experienced candidates. The interview was scheduled @12 pm but they called us only at 2 PM . The questions were simple easy to crack HR was more a formality. But dont get the reason on what they select the candidates

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

company presentation, the company does not want any experienced person, 30 minutes aptitude test was conducted after the presentation, 1-1 interview general is conducted for the candidates who cleared the aptitude test, 2-1 interview technical and general is conducted in the next day for who cleared the 1st round interview, 2-1 interview technical is conducted for the final selection.

Interview Questions
    • since i didn't attend the final round, all the questions were common and general.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

I was hired for their CRMA division. It took a month for them to get back after I submitted my application. The entire interview process took 2 months, mostly due to the availability of interviewers. I waited for exactly 2 weeks to hear back after the final interview.
    The overall interview process was very positive. Needless to say that everyone was very professional. There were 8 half-hour back-to-back interviews, all conducted over the phone. There were some typical behavioral questions including tell me about yourself, tell me a time when you had a heavy workload, tell me about a project at your latest internship... etc. You need to know your resume very well. I don't have a very strong finance background, so they didn't ask very advanced finance questions, though there were still some basic technical questions such as what is credit risk, how would you analyze a company's credit risk, what role does debt plays in credit risk analysis, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were expected. The most unexpected question was what do you think is the most important thing to GS at this point?   View Answer
    No negotiation. The salary is fair.

Analyst Interview

consensus driven; multiple round interviews, with often 10+ people involved in the process; topics range from current events to brain teasers and corporate finance questions. people were generally friendly and open to discussion.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First rounds on campus and then was invited back for a second round with a number of groups and then a final super day where I interviewed with everyone in the specific group I was looking at

Interview Questions
    • Everything was fairly standard interview. A few math type questions, but knew these (and got asked them) since I had a finance background   Answer Question
    No negotiation since analyst program has pre-set amounts

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Initial communication was at a school career fair. Then applied online and was invited to an on-campus interview. There were two interviews each ~30mins with two current employees. After getting invited to final round I was invited to a meet and greet with current vice presidents on campus. Flew out and spent the night prior to all day interviews. Interviews were round robin-esque and went around to three different groups of two for ~30mins each. Then continued receiving emails from firm saying I was still being considered but hadn't been placed. Finally had a phone interview with the team I would be working with on the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't difficult - all behaviorally-oriented.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Analyst Interview

The interview process included a couple of case studies and very technical questions about the previous job and the work done.

Interview Questions
    • Which JAVA API did you use in your previous job?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Contacted by third party recruiter, went through 3 phone interviews, onsite interview met with 10 people (7 technical and 3 HR, 2 out of 10 are managing director).

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!