Goldman Sachs

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

3.4

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

the interview consisted of 3 parts: scheduler assignment, java and sql questions, interview with a vp to check my motivation and why I want to work in Goldman Sachs. I had to go to their office and have the interview.

Interview Questions
  • what java patterns you know? Explain the decorator and factory design patterns.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and the recruiter contacted me after one month. The first round was a video interview. My interviewer was very friendly and asked a lot of questions related to my resume. I was invited to Super Day one week after that.
    Super Day consisted of two back to back interviews at their office. Each was thirty minutes.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Hiring through college. There were 3 interview rounds. the first was hr and the rest 2 were technical. It was very tough, the questions asked were random, although most were about whatever was written in the resume. However it was very interesting and dint seem lengthy even though it went on for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were general questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. However there were atleast 2 questions asked for every 1 answered.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online and got a phone interview in a month.
    At first just routine questions like why you applied this job, and what other jobs you've applied.
    He asked me if I have banking background and asked me what investment is.
    How many barbers do we need in U.S?
    And he asked me to solve an ODE.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

phone interview, Super day. Very short found out within a week after super day I was hired. Had to wait two months to start. Super day was very easy 4, 30 minute interviews all straight forward questions. Nothing difficult.

university interview
    Not very hard, half about resume, half about data structure.

I am not fully prepared, that's why I fail

university interview
    Not very hard, half about resume, half about data structure.

I am not fully prepared, that's why I fail

Analyst Interview

good process got through first 3 rounds. Overall interview process was easy.Only important thing is to be confident and bold while answering questions.interview was held in college about 10 people were shortlisted for a job in bangalore.

Interview Questions
    • explain about a situation where u were put under pressure.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Two technical phone interviews. Started out with basic questions; talk about your resume, yourself, favorite classes etc. Followed with technical questions, mainly programming. Both interviews based on one or two "core" problems. After successfully answering them they asked for finer details on the answers, how to further optimize, confidence intervals, etc

Interview Questions
    • using the basic programming methods, for, while, if, random number generator and arithmetic to calculate some sequence or mathematical constant.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Standard online application with SHL tests followed by an assessment day involving more tests, a group exercise, a one on one (more on that in a second), a panel interview and tea and coffee. Not a bad experience but the coffee was a little weak for a top investment bank. I would also avoid the tuna sandwiches and stick to the roast beef, I think they had horse radish in there somewhere so probably best that you bring some kind of mint before the interview stages. Got offered the job but turned it down following an unfortunate encounter with a member of HR which in turn has forced me to sign my name as a registered sex offender.

Interview Questions
    • Some tricky mental arithmetic questions during interview stages such as 9^4.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and got an e-mail inviting me for a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes with a member of the team I'd be involved with. The questions were mostly behavioral. They asked about ethical dilemmas, how you work in a team, etc. Two weeks later, I was contacted for a second round interview. They flew me out to Salt Lake City where the interview was only an hour long. I had half hour sessions with two senior members, so four people total. The questions again were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part was being asked to teach them a concept in accounting and teach them a concept in finance.   Answer Question

I had a much better offer already and I didn't feel like I would fit in well.