Goldman Sachs

1,589 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details The application was for a specific team of the Securities Division who is selling derivative products. I sent my application directly to members of the team I have applied for since I have met them during a presentation at my university. After sending them my CV, covering letter and references I had a first round phone interview.

Interview Question – - what is the delta of a knock-in put?
- explain the the implied volatility skew and the related downsides of the black schols model?
  Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Question – If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Melbourne

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2012.

Interview Details Aptitude
2 on 1 with juniors
2 on 1 with seniors

Interview Question – Why Goldman when other companies are doing better than us   Answer Question

Compliance Database Analyst Interview

Compliance Database Analyst
Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2010.

Interview Details The interview involved me meeting 4 team members of varying rank. I was given a number of behavioural questions and asked a lot about my experienced and educational background. It was clear that they wanted someone with a lot of experience. I had worked in London so that helped a lot.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

Legal Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2014.

Interview Details Had several on-site interviews and met with MDs and VPs one on one. The team was very friendly and genuinely cared about what your previous work/ educational experience have been like. Overall, very positive and enjoyable experience.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Know your resume and how your skills apply to the job. Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Multiple interviews across team members. Several days of appointments. Everyone was on time for interviews and questions were primarily seeking how I was as a leader and how my experience would be applied in current/available role.

Interview Question – Did not find any question too difficult. Most questions related to skills and experience I had, and being able to tell how I'd apply them in the position for which I was interviewing.   Answer Question

GSAM Strats Interview

GSAM Strats

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details GSAM strats team (perhaps the entire Goldman) are obsessed about brain teasers. They don't care about what you have on your resume (they may have their point because nowadays everyont's resume is inflated). They have a list of questions to ask, and they expect you to answer as soon as possible in the way they like. Perhaps they are trying to find a super smart person, but I guess the best way for a regular smart person to hack is going through all brain teaser books you can find, and trust me, the person who is talking on the other end of the phone is not as smart as they think.

Interview Question – All kinds of brain teasers   Answer Question

New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

New Associate Programmer Analyst

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details It was a campus drive. The first round consisted of technical and aptitude mcqs, two programming questions and an essay. This was followed by a group discussion in which we were given a situation and we had to come to a conclusion unanimously. Then we had two technical interviews and one hr interview. Lots of questions were asked based on my current project and my resume. Some situations were given in the hr interview to which I had to tell how I would react.

Interview Question – The interviewer expects you to know about new technologies.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Interview Details Went through 3 phone interviews with different people from the team. The first questions were behavioral and also looking for a genuine interest in the job and in that area of Goldman Sachs. The third interview was more technical.

Interview Question – Accounting questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details First was a written round with questions mainly to test your quantitative aptitude-questions ranged from very easy-medium. Next was an essay writing test. Both are easy to crack but fastness and accuracy matters. Third round was group discussion.Don't try to be dominant- remember this is a group discussion and not a debate- support or constructively oppose your team members. Two in each group of about 10 people went through. Next was a 2 on 1 interview- with questions ranging from simple HR to basic finance and little bit of your subject domain. Don't try to bluff the interviewer saying that you are well versed in the finance world- especially to people coming from the engineering background- just an interest and zeal to learn is sufficient to get through. The final interview was a 1 on 1 with the vice president. They were mostly personality based questions like- Give an example of a situation which proved your leadership skills etc.

Interview Question – Why should I Hire you?   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!