Goldman Sachs

Updated 12 Dec 2014
1,809 Interview Reviews

3.3

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Submitted my resume online. received request for interview by email. had 7 interviews all in all with different people from the same department of different functions and positions.

Very professional people. Questions were majority about my resume (Walk me through your resume), my experiences, some basic questions (why goldman sachs and etc) and some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
    • was asked what i would do incase there was an outbreak of illness within the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Submitted Application -> Online Test (Didn't do really well) -> Phone Interview (30mins, talking about resume then answered a bunch of technical questions) -> On-site Interview(4*30mins, 1to1, group) -> Got Offer -> Background Check...

Accepted immediately

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The application was for a specific team of the Securities Division who is selling derivative products. I sent my application directly to members of the team I have applied for since I have met them during a presentation at my university. After sending them my CV, covering letter and references I had a first round phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • - what is the delta of a knock-in put?
      - explain the the implied volatility skew and the related downsides of the black schols model?

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2012.

Aptitude
    2 on 1 with juniors
    2 on 1 with seniors

Interview Questions
    • Why Goldman when other companies are doing better than us   Answer Question

Compliance Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2010.

The interview involved me meeting 4 team members of varying rank. I was given a number of behavioural questions and asked a lot about my experienced and educational background. It was clear that they wanted someone with a lot of experience. I had worked in London so that helped a lot.

Financial Analyst - Private Wealth Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online and received an e-mail to request an interview. The interviewer went to my same school, so was familiar with the programs and materials I talked about. He was quite nice, but hard to hear. Interviewer just let me talk for about 45 minutes about how I'd solve the problem. He guided me through it and we got to an answer.

Interview Questions
    • Using object oriented programming, estimate the number Pi and describe the accuracy of your estimation.
      How would you assess the interest rates on loans for different purchases?

Answer Question

Finance (Controllers) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Got an interview through my schools career website, and had it on-campus a couple weeks after apply. Interview was a 2 on 1, which caught me off-guard a bit, but the questions were pretty much all behavioral. Just know yourself.

Intern Interview

Accelerated process. Initial interview was 30 minutes over the phone. Superday took place in their Jersey City Office and consisted of 2 30 minute interviews (1:1 and 2:1). Pretty much all behavioral / fit questions. Highly recommend reaching out to employees before the interview process.

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

At first we had an aptitude test, 25 questions were technical and 15 were quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning and one was an essay about "Why you are the best fit for GS?". Next day after the pre-placement talk the results were given. Then after around 40 mins we had our GD round, the topic was "Is technology taking away the essence of life?" and then immediately after the GD results were announced. For interview round, there were 4 interviewers in different rooms. Each interviewer was asking questions of there own liking. In 1st round basic JAVA questions and algorithm questions were asked. Then results were given in half an hour. In 2nd round some high level Algorithm questions were asked and also some HR type questions about hobbies were asked. Then after about an hour in 3rd round some HR type questions to tell about yourself and some puzzle questions were also asked.

Some tips-
    1) They take your CV seriously, so don't write anything that you don't know. And know what you write.
    2) Practice aptitude questions especially C++ aptitude.
    3) Be well managed and on time during the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you are the owner of an online shop and you want to know what the user searched for today. How will you proceed ? Write an algorithm for this.   View Answer
    • Anything you want to ask me?   View Answer