Goldman Sachs

Updated 25 Feb 2015
2,013 Interview Reviews

3.2

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Submitted my resume online. received request for interview by email. had 7 interviews all in all with different people from the same department of different functions and positions.

Very professional people. Questions were majority about my resume (Walk me through your resume), my experiences, some basic questions (why goldman sachs and etc) and some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
    • was asked what i would do incase there was an outbreak of illness within the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Submitted Application -> Online Test (Didn't do really well) -> Phone Interview (30mins, talking about resume then answered a bunch of technical questions) -> On-site Interview(4*30mins, 1to1, group) -> Got Offer -> Background Check...

Accepted immediately

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The application was for a specific team of the Securities Division who is selling derivative products. I sent my application directly to members of the team I have applied for since I have met them during a presentation at my university. After sending them my CV, covering letter and references I had a first round phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • - what is the delta of a knock-in put?
      - explain the the implied volatility skew and the related downsides of the black schols model?

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2012.

Aptitude
    2 on 1 with juniors
    2 on 1 with seniors

Interview Questions
    • Why Goldman when other companies are doing better than us   Answer Question

Compliance Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2010.

The interview involved me meeting 4 team members of varying rank. I was given a number of behavioural questions and asked a lot about my experienced and educational background. It was clear that they wanted someone with a lot of experience. I had worked in London so that helped a lot.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I got three phone interviews before a super day. The three phone calls were from people in different teams.
    After passing the first round interviews, I received the super day invitation. The super day included three conversations with three people.

Interview Questions
    • What's your biggest failure?
      What's your passion?
      What influence do you think the QE in Europe will have?

Financial AnalystPrivate Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

First round was brief 15min phone interview. Only simple behavioral questions

Final round (Super day): I was invited to their office and was interviewed by 4 employees back to back. Questions are a mix of behavioral and technical. Make sure you know your resume and the position you have applied for thoroughly. Also, read up on the latest news before your interview to possibly discuss during your interview and have a stock pitch on a particular company of interest ready.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep up to date with current news?
      What do you know about PWM?
      Walk me through your resume

New Associate Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The interview process is very generalized. You are challenged to talk about your own experiences and then expand on those experiences. The interviewer may grab onto a topic and dig deeper to see how much you know, and then proceed further with the general questions. I felt the interviews didn't necessarily get hard, but instead, each person was an expert in a slightly different area of work. So the questions were changed to fit their style or expertise.

Interview Questions
    • What database systems have you used at school or work in the past. Tell me about a challenge you faced when trying to work with one of those databases. Here they likely would dig deeper into a coding or database specific question.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Had a 30 minute interview. Asked about what I do in school and also asked a few brainteasers. Was very aggressive, faced two interviewers, and one was one his phone the entire time. They will push you to explain things in different ways and also to adapt to surprise questions. Wanted to know why I cared about finance.

Interview Questions
    • How would you find the heaviest ball out of 7 balls with the least number of weighings?   Answer Question