Goldman Sachs

1,501 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Question – If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Melbourne

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2012.

Interview Details Aptitude
2 on 1 with juniors
2 on 1 with seniors

Interview Question – Why Goldman when other companies are doing better than us   Answer Question

Compliance Database Analyst Interview

Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2010.

Interview Details The interview involved me meeting 4 team members of varying rank. I was given a number of behavioural questions and asked a lot about my experienced and educational background. It was clear that they wanted someone with a lot of experience. I had worked in London so that helped a lot.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Initial communication was at a school career fair. Then applied online and was invited to an on-campus interview. There were two interviews each ~30mins with two current employees. After getting invited to final round I was invited to a meet and greet with current vice presidents on campus. Flew out and spent the night prior to all day interviews. Interviews were round robin-esque and went around to three different groups of two for ~30mins each. Then continued receiving emails from firm saying I was still being considered but hadn't been placed. Finally had a phone interview with the team I would be working with on the phone.

Interview Question – Questions weren't difficult - all behaviorally-oriented.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Financial Analyst Interview

Bangalore (India)

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details This was a campus placement interview process, so they conducted a test among all the students who applied for the interviews. The test had 3 sections, Probability & Discrete maths, Algorithms analysis & core CS concepts like OS, database etc. There were subjective and objective questions in each of the sections. After the selection via the test, the interview process also included asking mathematical and algorithm puzzles etc.

Interview Question – Most difficult question asked to me was the 8-Queens puzzle, which I encountered for the first time in the interview.   Answer Question

Associate Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details There was one telephonic which i got through and was called on a face to face interview a week later.
The face to face interview was mere a discussion of what is my profile and went on a hour. The job profile exactly matched to that of mine and the discussion went on well in the interview. I dint seem that i went wrong anywhere in my communication. However an email was sent to me stating that my candidature would not be possible. I am really suprised when i saw that mail and i am not convinced for what had happened.

Interview Question – No difficult question faced in the interview   View Answer

Securities Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details too many interviews

Interview Question – Arrange in order of importance, clients effectiveness and ...   Answer Question

Securities Summer Analyst Interview

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Two rounds of phone interviews then a super-day where I had four interviews with two people in each interview. Because I had come from a non-finance background, they did not grill me on technical/ mathy questions. But all of them asked why I suddenly became interested in finance and also why I chose Goldman. Overall, I'd say make sure that you have, know and believe in your story because Goldman really emphasizes honesty and integrity (at least they said so).

Interview Question – Tell me about your senior thesis in [a language I had put down as being 'proficient' on my resume]?   View Answer

GIR Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details An email from HR then two phone interviews, finally an onsite

Interview Question – Could you tell me how to evaluate the medical industry   Answer Question

Spring Week Intern - Global Investment Research Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details First Step: Online Application with GPA, CV and Motivational Statement. Frist selection after that.
Second Step: Telephone interview with a member of the division for about 30 minutes. First task to give a quick brief about my CV then on why I applied for Goldman, next step was to analyse a fictional company, then own questions.

Interview Question – How would you determine next years revenue of a german lock-company?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs interview questions and advice. All 1,501 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.