Goldman Sachs

Updated 21 Jan 2015
1,903 Interview Reviews

3.3

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Submitted my resume online. received request for interview by email. had 7 interviews all in all with different people from the same department of different functions and positions.

Very professional people. Questions were majority about my resume (Walk me through your resume), my experiences, some basic questions (why goldman sachs and etc) and some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
    • was asked what i would do incase there was an outbreak of illness within the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Submitted Application -> Online Test (Didn't do really well) -> Phone Interview (30mins, talking about resume then answered a bunch of technical questions) -> On-site Interview(4*30mins, 1to1, group) -> Got Offer -> Background Check...

Accepted immediately

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The application was for a specific team of the Securities Division who is selling derivative products. I sent my application directly to members of the team I have applied for since I have met them during a presentation at my university. After sending them my CV, covering letter and references I had a first round phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • - what is the delta of a knock-in put?
      - explain the the implied volatility skew and the related downsides of the black schols model?

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2012.

Aptitude
    2 on 1 with juniors
    2 on 1 with seniors

Interview Questions
    • Why Goldman when other companies are doing better than us   Answer Question

Compliance Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2010.

The interview involved me meeting 4 team members of varying rank. I was given a number of behavioural questions and asked a lot about my experienced and educational background. It was clear that they wanted someone with a lot of experience. I had worked in London so that helped a lot.

Summer Analyst Interview

All of the questions are behavior related. They had a question list and just chose some from it. Such as:
    1. Introduce yourself
    2. Why you choose us?
    3. Your teamwork experience
    4. Your leadership experience
    5. specific detail of your resume
    6. If you have any questions,etc.

Nothing unexpected.

Global Investment Research Work Placement 12 Months Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The whole process took only two weeks and was very efficient. I was asked in for a first round interview, which went well, and was then contacted the following day asking me to return the following week for the final round. The first round was a one on one interview, and the final round consisted of a group discussion with juniors analysts and the other candidates, followed by three separate one on one interviews with senior members within the division.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch me a company... Now pitch me another. Also watch out for technical questions regarding equity valuation.   Answer Question

Private Wealth Management MBA Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through my school and the GS website. First round interview with two PWMs from NYC office. Interview was 30min long. It was pretty informal, and went more as a conversation. I prepared for technical questions, but the questions were definitely more along the lines of why PWM, why would you be good at it, and some pretty standard behavioral (tell me about a time you failed, etc).

Risk Management Summer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Had 1st round interview on campus. Was very difficult, but I was selected to attend a super day. Super day consisted of four, 30 minute 2 on 1 interviews back to back. Some technical questions were difficult. Question difficulty depended on interviewer. Over a good learning experience on how to handle other interviews.