Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct 2014
1,666 Interview Reviews

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Submitted Application -> Online Test (Didn't do really well) -> Phone Interview (30mins, talking about resume then answered a bunch of technical questions) -> On-site Interview(4*30mins, 1to1, group) -> Got Offer -> Background Check...

Accepted immediately

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The application was for a specific team of the Securities Division who is selling derivative products. I sent my application directly to members of the team I have applied for since I have met them during a presentation at my university. After sending them my CV, covering letter and references I had a first round phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • - what is the delta of a knock-in put?
      - explain the the implied volatility skew and the related downsides of the black schols model?
        Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2012.

Aptitude
    2 on 1 with juniors
    2 on 1 with seniors

Interview Questions
    • Why Goldman when other companies are doing better than us   Answer Question

Compliance Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2010.

The interview involved me meeting 4 team members of varying rank. I was given a number of behavioural questions and asked a lot about my experienced and educational background. It was clear that they wanted someone with a lot of experience. I had worked in London so that helped a lot.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. They flew me out to Salt Lake City and I interviewed with them in person. Nothing they asked was unexpected or a curveball. It was a round robin of four interviews in 30 minute intervals.

Interview Questions
    • Rank the following in order from most to least important: Customer service, risk management, and efficiency   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Technology Analyst Interview

Submit App in one day and got email two weeks after. First round contained a task analysis and competency interview. For task interview, they started with questions listed and then changed requirements. They were more interested in how you explain your solution than you solution itself. Competency interview was based on CV.
    Second round was three separate interviews with more technological questions, but not tough at all. Some interviewers were very nice and relax, those interviews became a chat. However, my last interview was with two impatient and tired people. When talking about my technical strength and interest, they even scorned it. Besides these two, all stuffs were very nice people. Still waiting for response.

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Onsite Interview: behavorial interview is to talk about favorite binary search tree, projects, leadership experience, dealing with teammates conflicts. technical interview is writing a program that inputs a string and returns the first char that is not repeated, and OOP design of a card game.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I originally met with Goldman for an informational interview on my college campus. I later applied online through my career services at school. About 3 weeks later I got invited to Salt Lake City for a series of interviews that lasted 2 hours in total. The interviews aren't particularly difficult at all. Most of the questions are behavioral or ethical in nature. The interviewers are very friendly so there is no reason to be nervous. Be prepared to answer why you want to work for Goldman, Why Operations, and come up with a few examples of ethical dilemmas you've been through and operation processes you have helped improve in past work (if applicable). Be confident and you will get it. They are more testing your personality than your qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you identified and improved a process at past work?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round: 2 interviews at satellite office. Second round: 3 interviews at London office. First two interviews were to determine motivation and general knowledge of finance. Second round of interviews consisted of a mix of competency and technical questions. In general questions were quite broad, ie.: what do you think of the business model of Facebook? Do you think the FED will raise the interest rates in the coming years?