Goldman Sachs

1,567 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details The application was for a specific team of the Securities Division who is selling derivative products. I sent my application directly to members of the team I have applied for since I have met them during a presentation at my university. After sending them my CV, covering letter and references I had a first round phone interview.

Interview Question – - what is the delta of a knock-in put?
- explain the the implied volatility skew and the related downsides of the black schols model?
  Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Question – If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Melbourne

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2012.

Interview Details Aptitude
2 on 1 with juniors
2 on 1 with seniors

Interview Question – Why Goldman when other companies are doing better than us   Answer Question

Compliance Database Analyst Interview

Compliance Database Analyst
Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2010.

Interview Details The interview involved me meeting 4 team members of varying rank. I was given a number of behavioural questions and asked a lot about my experienced and educational background. It was clear that they wanted someone with a lot of experience. I had worked in London so that helped a lot.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Analyst/Developer Interview

Analyst/Developer

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details Interviewed on Java but work was entirely in Slang. Interview included puzzles, pair programming, algorithms rounds and a telephonic round. Interview exp was good. you get a good feel about the company but the work hardly involves any challenges at work. You main challenge is people and dealing with people politics.

Wealth Management Professional Interview

Wealth Management Professional

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details First interview was conducted over the phone. Fairly standard questions: Tell me about yourself, Why should we hire you etc.
Then I had 3 interviews 30 mins each in one day. Was questioned about various job/experience. They asked me to describe the role of a WMP.

The staff were very friendly and made me feel at ease.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Design Service Group Associate Interview

Design Service Group Associate
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

Interview Details The HR called and inquired about my designation, roles, responsibilities, projects that I undertook, years of experience. It was like an background check over call. Later I received an email from the HR providing details of date, time and the role that I would be interviewing for.

I arrived at the venue at 9.30 am in the morning and left the venue at 3.00 pm in the afternoon and attended only two rounds of interview. Both the rounds of interview were face to face and were about 30 minutes each. After the 2nd round I was asked by the receptionist to leave the interview venue instead of the HR.

Later after a week I received an email from the HR stating that I was not selected for the position as their requirements were not matching. I appreciate Goldman's Sachs HR team for being professional and writing an email to candidates who are not selected.

Interview Question – 1. How would you sell your Idea to your management.
2. How would you convince your management if they are not accepting your Idea.
  Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details company presentation, the company does not want any experienced person, 30 minutes aptitude test was conducted after the presentation, 1-1 interview general is conducted for the candidates who cleared the aptitude test, 2-1 interview technical and general is conducted in the next day for who cleared the 1st round interview, 2-1 interview technical is conducted for the final selection.

Interview Question – since i didn't attend the final round, all the questions were common and general.   Answer Question

Analyst Developer 01 Interview

Analyst Developer 01
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2012.

Interview Details I had a total of 7 rounds:

1) Written Exam on "Super Day". Technical Questions + Aptitude.
2) Face to Face interview. (Core JAVA Concepts, Basic Project questions)
3) OOPS questions.
4) Analytical + Puzzles.
5) Senior Management Round. (More of Project discussions)
6) Telephonic Round (Senior US person)- Techno Managerial Round
7) Final Round. (Head of Group) - Managerial Round

Interview Question – Given two sorted arrays, merge them. (This was unexpected not tough) :)
People having knowledge of Merge Sort will feel as lollipop.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Get an high compensation initially, because after that you might have non stop ZERO HIKES.

Legal Analyst Interview

Legal Analyst
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied through an on-site recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May and June 2014.

First round, I went through a telephone screening interview with an on-site recruiter. Second round, I had an on-site interview with four members of the team: 1 MD , 3 VPs. Third round, it was again onsite with six members: 3 MDs, 1 VP, 2 Analysts. Fourth and final round, I met with the hiring manager. I was never given notice when I was not hired, so I had to contact the recruitment representative.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard (tell me about yourself, why do you want this job...). Just know your resume and be able to articulate why you are there!   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!