Goldman Sachs

1,494 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Question – If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Melbourne

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2012.

Interview Details Aptitude
2 on 1 with juniors
2 on 1 with seniors

Interview Question – Why Goldman when other companies are doing better than us   Answer Question

Compliance Database Analyst Interview

Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2010.

Interview Details The interview involved me meeting 4 team members of varying rank. I was given a number of behavioural questions and asked a lot about my experienced and educational background. It was clear that they wanted someone with a lot of experience. I had worked in London so that helped a lot.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Spring Week Intern - Global Investment Research Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details First Step: Online Application with GPA, CV and Motivational Statement. Frist selection after that.
Second Step: Telephone interview with a member of the division for about 30 minutes. First task to give a quick brief about my CV then on why I applied for Goldman, next step was to analyse a fictional company, then own questions.

Interview Question – How would you determine next years revenue of a german lock-company?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Professional Interview

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details 4 hour interview that consisted of sets of 2 interviewers back to back. Basic questions about my background and what I am looking for the in the future. The day of was ran very well along with the initial feedback, I was told I would be brought back in for a second interview, but then the follow up beyond that was horrible. I received countless updates from the recruiter that basically provided no new information when I would try to follow up. I kept getting told they would follow up, or they had followed up but had no update. I was originally told it would be a couple weeks, then it got pushed back to after the new year, then February. Eventually i emailed the direct branch manager because of the lack of response the recruiter gave and i felt it was very unprofessional, who apologized and said they had a lot of moving pieces and would be in touch shortly. I received an update mid April that they would be sending me information regarding next steps in the first week of April. Still no updates. I was told i was still considered a strong cadidate by the branch manager and never received any kind of notification anything was filled or i was no longer in consideration.

If this is the normal interview process, i would stay away then, who knows how long it takes to get anything done here.

Analyst/Developer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Usually you will be required to go through a written test, with 3 sections for Aptitude, Technology and Reasoning. After that there will be at least 5 rounds of interviews depending on your performance in the initial rounds. You will be assessed on both your technical knowledge and aptitude/ logical reasoning. More emphasis is on your understanding of technology as well as your role and understanding of the projects you worked on.

Interview Question – What are the different ways threads on different JREs can communicate?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do research and quote your expectations accordingly. Try hard to negotiate the salary when you are asked and don't hesitate to stretch the negotiations by days. Rest assured, if you are able to make it till this phase, they will try as much as they can to bring you in. But don't be rigid.

Senior Analyst Developer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2010.

Interview Details 4 round of telephonic interviews followed by 3 rounds of in-person interviews

Interview Question – Given a 4X4X4 cube made of 1X1X1 cubes. How many cubes make the surface of this cube   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for more salary and they said they are already paying more than industry standards. Then I asked for joining bonus and they agreed

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Went through a 30 minute interview on first day with two employers. Got selected and then was called for superday. I was shortlisted by 3 business teams from which I was then selected by 2. Every team took 3 interviews and in total 9 interviews.

Interview Question – What is a singleton class in JAVA. Design it.   Answer Question

IBD Analyst Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Applied on their company website

Interview Question – Do you follow the market at all?
What's your view on the stock market?
And a lot behavior
  Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview Details Went to interview at Dallas Location. Was flown in and very professional. Had 3 30 minute interviews with 3 separate teams just reviewing my resume. No technical questions at all.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. All very common interview questions. What are you most proud of during your time at school was difficult.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs interview questions and advice. All 1,494 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.