Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
1,624 Interview Reviews

3.3

Intern Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The application was for a specific team of the Securities Division who is selling derivative products. I sent my application directly to members of the team I have applied for since I have met them during a presentation at my university. After sending them my CV, covering letter and references I had a first round phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • - what is the delta of a knock-in put?
      - explain the the implied volatility skew and the related downsides of the black schols model?
        Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in July 2012.

Aptitude
    2 on 1 with juniors
    2 on 1 with seniors

Interview Questions
    • Why Goldman when other companies are doing better than us   Answer Question

Compliance Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2010.

The interview involved me meeting 4 team members of varying rank. I was given a number of behavioural questions and asked a lot about my experienced and educational background. It was clear that they wanted someone with a lot of experience. I had worked in London so that helped a lot.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Many rounds, long process that requires patience n preparation. Thoughtful process with interesting interview questions that aim to get to know you as an individual. Should be sincere and thoughtful in your answers and know what you want and don't want. Not for the faint hearted

Analyst Interview

I was sent Immediately to "super day".... through networking.

5 interviews in Chicago office 7AM - Noon. Ranged from VPs to new hires.

Awesome facility. The experienced professionals were awesome. Younger analysts seemed awkward & overworked.

I am not a finance major, so questions were more market based/behavioral based/etc.... Nothing too complex. If you watch the news/follows the WSJ you should be fine understanding the questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work at a company where you will have no life?"   View Answer

PWM Interview

Phone Interview setup, Meetup at the office. 30 minute interview. Basic walk me through your resume. previous internships on how they were. i introduced myself they asked me about my first internship experience, favorite class, most struggling class, and things like that. it was smooth, they were cool.

Intern Interview

Two (2) different phone interviews with two (2) interviewers on each call, so four (4) total. Basic introductory interview. Run through the resume and a few personal questions (leading style, why I want GS, etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which ethics came in to play, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Quant Strats Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Quant strats position in Goldman Sachs Asset Management. On campus recruiting. Get my resume via resume book. Contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Went through the resume, then ask a question in VaR. Also ask about programming experience. Also asked about some general questions. It was not very technical.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Barely a 10 minute interview. Seemed to be more of a chit chat than a question answer round. I thought they would be more interested in the kind of person I am, however they preferred to take CAs and CFA qualified people.

Interview Questions
    • How are the indices GS in registered on performing in India. The question took me by surprise. It was the last question I was expecting.   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!