Goldman Sachs

Updated 15 Nov 2014

3.3

151 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Online application after meeting them at a job fair. After 3 weeks invitation to first interview in their office (30min), afterwards final round of interviews (3x30min). Did not have final round yet.
    First round was purely behavioural based but nothing out of the ordinary. Show confidence and have a good story or to possibly a laugh. They want to know if it would be pleasant to work with you.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

I have applied online to the position of a New Analyst in Technology department, 3 days later a recruiter called me on Friday and asked to come to the interview on next Monday in the morning.
    At the interview, there were 6 applicants in total, we were given an analytical task for 30 minutes based on responsive design and allocation of boxes into the screen (be sure to know well-known display sizes, resolution). The task wasn't hard, but additional questions from the interviewer were. The man was not friendly at all and I had an impression that I have irritated him from the beginning. I didn't feel that i answered his questions, because he suggested me unexpected ways to do it: to solve the problem from the java perspective, while i prepared to do it from html5/css perspective. He did not listen to me properly and always interrupted everything i tried to say.
    The second interviewer was much better and polite, and I have gained a good impression in the end. he was friendly and smiled a lot, but he asked some questions of Goldman Sachs, which i wasn't prepared to answer. My fault. We also talked through teamwork and leadership examples, there were no unexpected questions in this area.

Interview Questions
    • What should be as an input to the java method?
      What GS do in sales & trading?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The process was pretty standard. The interview was a mix of technical and motivational questions as well commercial awareness . The interview was a friendly process. None of the questions was difficult or unexpected. Technical questions were about how you would project company's FCF and how the company can boost its free cash flow. I was also asked some industry specific questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round: 2 interviews at satellite office. Second round: 3 interviews at London office. First two interviews were to determine motivation and general knowledge of finance. Second round of interviews consisted of a mix of competency and technical questions. In general questions were quite broad, ie.: what do you think of the business model of Facebook? Do you think the FED will raise the interest rates in the coming years?

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Very simple process. You send cv and cover letter. within 2 weeks you'll get a response. You qualify for a first round interview. Which is very competency based. Why GS? Why Ops? strengths and weaknesses.. Core skills examples etc. Then you may qualify for a second round interview. Which is 3x 2 to 1 interviews with reps from ops. Again, very cv based, know your cv by heart. read everything you can about gs. know the share price. the ceo. recent mentions of GS in the news and your opinion on it. make an impact

Interview Questions
    • nothing really. everything really predictable. this is what makes it even harder   Answer Question

New Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Online application form -> Online assessments (numerical, logical) -> 1st round interview (30 minutes technical case study, 30 minutes competency) -> 2nd round interview (30 minutes x 3 competency)

The online application form was nothing unusual, same goes for the assessments. The technical case study is where it gets a bit weird. Basically, they would send you an email about the interview and how to prepare, which is by reading business-related news. I did this, ransacked whatever business-technology news sources I could find until the day of the interview.

The case study I had had no relation to business. Just web layouts and asks you to explain how you are going to display each item on the page depending on screen sizes. Tried to explain but the interviewer wanted a detailed answer, with conditions to set etc. Did not do well for this part but was okay in the competency part. The only thing was the interviewer spoke really fast and his voice went on decrescendo at times, so had a bit of trouble hearing what he said.

Other than that, they were generally friendly and nice.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Analytical exercise - This Involves sitting in a boardroom with everyone who is being interviewed. You have half an hour to read through an exercise and build a perception/response to the case study. You are then directed to a different room where your thought process and answers are analysed by a senior member of the company. It is a very relaxed atmosphere in the interview and a different experience.

Once this is completed, you have a standard competency based interview with two people.

Interview Questions
    • What is your view on unit testing within the workplace?   Answer Question
    Waiting for my final interview date.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Was contacted by HR (they had my details on file) and asked if I'd like to interview for an Analyst position.I believe this was part of their off-cycle intake.
    Interviews were 1:1, and back-to-back. No "surprise" or "trick" questions. Common sense dictates: know your stuff, inside out. Questions were slightly 'behavioural' in nature. All of my interviewers were very pleasant.

Spring Week Intern - Global Investment Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First Step: Online Application with GPA, CV and Motivational Statement. Frist selection after that.
    Second Step: Telephone interview with a member of the division for about 30 minutes. First task to give a quick brief about my CV then on why I applied for Goldman, next step was to analyse a fictional company, then own questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine next years revenue of a german lock-company?   Answer Question

Asset Management- Srats Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2014.

The interview was quite generic mostly competency based incl.questions around finance, organisational skills, IT skills,interest in the company etc. Even though all the questions were answered no feedback was given of the reason of the rejection.