Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in London, England

Updated 12 Apr 2015

3.3

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process for my division was rather long. One route was to go through the internship program where you spent 10 weeks on the trading floor meeting people and being quizzed. Another method was to interview and this was not particularly easy and also consisted of 10+ interviews in most instances.

Interview Questions

• Questions around markets both equities and fixed income.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

As the standard here for London office, the first step is a telephone interview since i was in London. Two days later, I had the final interview. After two week, I am still waiting for the response. I called them up asking why they didn't post the result yet. They told me to wait for another several weeks. They didn't say that they put me on hold. I'd love to know actually do anyone here receives the response already? The final interview is on March 27th Friday.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

the interview consisted of 3 parts: scheduler assignment, java and sql questions, interview with a vp to check my motivation and why I want to work in Goldman Sachs. I had to go to their office and have the interview.

Interview Questions

• what java patterns you know? Explain the decorator and factory design patterns.   Answer Question

Spring Week Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I filled an online application - inputting previous work experience, submitting a cover letter, cv and current grades and i got invited through for interview. I was asked to arrive for the interview at the London office. They asked general competency and topical questions on the current state of the economy and banking industry.

Pharmaceuticals Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview consisted of HR staff briefing me on the interview process and requirements. First round was a one on one interview with two senior Pharma analysts. Interview lasted 45 minutes. Questions included generic ones on my past work experiences, technical financial accounting questions and a stock pitch.

Interview Questions

• How many airplanes are in the sky above the UK at any given moment   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I send an online application in December and they called me back at the end of January to interview three days after. I succeed in that interview and I am waiting for the next.
    The first interview was one to one and lasted half an hour, with an executive director of the securities division.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about my CV, special my work experience that did not fit exactly with what is expected from a securities candidate. Which markets I follow. Probability question   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, know your math. Know why you want the job, sell yourself as mathematicaly capable, and honestly just be friendly. Interviwers were friendly, nothing to complain there but dont be surprised if they walk out of the interview because they have a meeting

Spring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application + 1on1 Interview on site. Whole process took around 2 months and was extremely professional. Efficient HR and provided feedback on application and interview in under one week.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions on the market and its state. Talked also about dervivs. Also competency questions applied to real life situations. If you had 5 pieces of work for 5 MD and you didn't have time to do them what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online after attending a divisional event. Got an email invitation to a first round interview the next morning. One 30 minute interview with a senior securities representative. CV, competency based with some brainteasers and technical questions. A knowledge of everything on your CV is essential. Expect the unexpected.

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

Offered first round interview after the screening process in the London Office.
    Was asked basic competencies - Why banking, Goldman etc.
    Then was asked questions on market conditions, asked for a stock pitch, etc some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you could work for Goldman Sachs or take a million pounds, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question