Goldman Sachs

Getting the Interview

134 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details The interview was about an hour long. I interviewed with three people, the first was two on one and the second was one on one. Mainly behavioral questions a few technical. The first interview was harder for me but the second was very good, the lady was friendly and it turned into a conversation rather than just an interview. My advice is try not to be be too nervous. They are very interested in persons who can work well in teams.

Interview Question – Why finance?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details 3 in-person interviews with VPs and a MD, 2 company interview dinners. Asked basic questions like why GS, why ops, what is your 10 year goal, your background…etc. Last one was with a MD. I was asked to describe the image of Goldman, news that interested me recently and why.

Interview Question – Tell us your experience that you made a significant difference in processing.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied online - Emailed to confirm on-site interview - Two 30 mins behavior interviews - Wait for a month - Offer

Interview Question – Why Operations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Goldman never negotiate salary.

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Saw them at the career fair and had an interview

Interview Question – what was a time you made a process more efficient? tell me about your self.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details First online application. No online tests involved. Then two rounds of face-to-face interview. Each last for about half an hour. All questions are behavioral type. No technical questions. Typical questions like why operations, why Goldman Sachs, teamwork, multi-task, conflicts in team, past projects, etc.

Interview Question – Math question, very simple calculation   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied in December, have been invited to the first round interview after 5 weeks, then after 3 days, I've been invited again to a second round interview, which consisted of 3:30 interviews with senior operations representatives. The first round interview (1:30) was very relaxed, questions were based on my CV, why ops and why GS!!! the questions of The second round interview were more specific (my advise is learn your CV and what u did in details) it's very important. I finally received an offer after 3 days.

Interview Question – I wrote a report within my degree about IKEA's operations so I have been asked how do you think IKEA controls its ops in order to deliver a product on time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you really want to have the position then accept it straight forward

Interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview Details First round-1 30minute interview

Interview Question – Tell me a time you've had to break down complex info to convey it to others   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Applied through OCR. Took a week to get the interview and another week to get a rejection email.

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2013.

Interview Details Submitted through Campus career site. Called in for final interview super day. It was 4 thirty minute interviews back to back. The interview took place in their Jersey City offices. Interviewers were all nice and easy going. Mostly behavioral questions. Interviewers were mostly VPs but I was also interviewed by a couple of Associates and Analysts in the division.

Interview Question – If you realized you sent a the wrong client classified information from another client's account how would you rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

Interview Details applied online at the end of Nov. 2013, received HR e-mail in the middle of Dec. 2013, interview took place on Jan. 7, 2014; 4 back-to-back interviews in SLC; HR called me a week later.

Interview Question – if you want to do well, prepare following questions: 1. why GS 2. why operations 3. tell me one experience you have that improved a process's efficiency 4. asked lots of team experiences 5. r u always a leader or you have leader qualities

Go through your resume carefully, they ask deep questions on what you listed in resume. For example, i was an accounting major student, they asked "what is the most difficult formula you have used in excel?" "ranking 1 for best 10 for worst, how will you rank your excel skill?" "how did you review a financial statement?" I am pretty sure they just want to hear your logic, understand how you think.

Also be honest! In the first interview, they asked me "what is risk control?" I said i dont know but i could give a definition and example based on my experiences and understanding. After i finished my story, they were pleased and told me "we only hiring honest ppl, thx for being honest."
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!

Goldman Sachs Videos

Goldman Sachs – Why Work for Us?

We bring together people, capital and ideas to produce solutions and results for our clients by playing a number of roles: financial advisor, lender, investor and asset manager. A commitment to integrity, team work and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst interview questions and advice. All 134 interview reviews posted anonymously by Goldman Sachs employees and interview candidates.