Goldman Sachs

Average Difficulty
139 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2012.

Interview Details Interviews consisted of two 45 minute rounds with two pairs of recruiters. Both interviews were behavioral - very little technical questioning. The recruiters were very nice and the tone was conversational, no grilling. Called back within a week.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Goldman Sachs?   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

Interview Details Went in the superday interviews at the Jersey City office. Three half hour back to back interviews with VPs and MD. No technical questions just behavioral. Thought the interview went well but got a call saying they will not be continuing with my application.

Interview Question – Name your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Analyst Operations Interview

Analyst Operations

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details 12 interviews over a 2 day period

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Interview Details Did the phone interview, went really well. Got an email few days later for super day at the ops headquarters in jersey city. The recruiters were very helpful. The email included a list of 3 opportunities I was being considered for. I was very well prepared, interviewers said I was over qualified for the positions. 3 30 min interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. Contacted the recruiter after waiting for 3 weeks. Got a call on the 4th week and didn't get an offer

Interview Question – How much does a boeing 707 weigh?   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2013.

Interview Details The interview was about an hour long. I interviewed with three people, the first was two on one and the second was one on one. Mainly behavioral questions a few technical. The first interview was harder for me but the second was very good, the lady was friendly and it turned into a conversation rather than just an interview. My advice is try not to be be too nervous. They are very interested in persons who can work well in teams.

Interview Question – Why finance?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details 3 in-person interviews with VPs and a MD, 2 company interview dinners. Asked basic questions like why GS, why ops, what is your 10 year goal, your background…etc. Last one was with a MD. I was asked to describe the image of Goldman, news that interested me recently and why.

Interview Question – Tell us your experience that you made a significant difference in processing.   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied online - Emailed to confirm on-site interview - Two 30 mins behavior interviews - Wait for a month - Offer

Interview Question – Why Operations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Goldman never negotiate salary.

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details Saw them at the career fair and had an interview

Interview Question – what was a time you made a process more efficient? tell me about your self.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview Details First online application. No online tests involved. Then two rounds of face-to-face interview. Each last for about half an hour. All questions are behavioral type. No technical questions. Typical questions like why operations, why Goldman Sachs, teamwork, multi-task, conflicts in team, past projects, etc.

Interview Question – Math question, very simple calculation   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied in December, have been invited to the first round interview after 5 weeks, then after 3 days, I've been invited again to a second round interview, which consisted of 3:30 interviews with senior operations representatives. The first round interview (1:30) was very relaxed, questions were based on my CV, why ops and why GS!!! the questions of The second round interview were more specific (my advise is learn your CV and what u did in details) it's very important. I finally received an offer after 3 days.

Interview Question – I wrote a report within my degree about IKEA's operations so I have been asked how do you think IKEA controls its ops in order to deliver a product on time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you really want to have the position then accept it straight forward

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!