Goldman Sachs

Updated 24 Nov 2014

2.9

160 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. They flew me out to Salt Lake City and I interviewed with them in person. Nothing they asked was unexpected or a curveball. It was a round robin of four interviews in 30 minute intervals.

Interview Questions
  • Rank the following in order from most to least important: Customer service, risk management, and efficiency   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online and received an email to schedule an onsite interview in SLC. They hosted a bunch of other interviews that day with other students. You attend back-to-back 30 minute interviews. Both interviews had two interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They are all behavioral. Tell me of a time you witnessed something unethical in the work place and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

2 interviews. First interview lasts 30 minutes and is all about competency based questions and discuss your interest in their company. Nothing tricky.Second interview consists of 3 half an hour interview with different representatives.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you make decisions without any data.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

After sending your cv and cover letter in the online application process, you would then be invited to a first round interview. The interview lasts for 30mins and it was with 2 Senior Operations members which asked mainly competency based questions and question to do with your cv. The second round interview is basically the first round interview but with 3 lots of 30mins interviews with different people.

Interview Questions
    • What role do you see yourself doing in the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The interview process was 4 back-to-back interviews which were a half hour each. However, the interviews were quite informal and were all behavioral questions. It was a little tiring talking about yourself with 4 different groups of people but it was quite laid back. Luckily I signed up for the interview slot where there was a 45 minute break for lunch so that was nice to have. Otherwise, not a bad process whatsoever.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you had a to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I originally met with Goldman for an informational interview on my college campus. I later applied online through my career services at school. About 3 weeks later I got invited to Salt Lake City for a series of interviews that lasted 2 hours in total. The interviews aren't particularly difficult at all. Most of the questions are behavioral or ethical in nature. The interviewers are very friendly so there is no reason to be nervous. Be prepared to answer why you want to work for Goldman, Why Operations, and come up with a few examples of ethical dilemmas you've been through and operation processes you have helped improve in past work (if applicable). Be confident and you will get it. They are more testing your personality than your qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you identified and improved a process at past work?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Attended information sessions on campus, submitted application online. At the final round, went through four 30-minute interviews. Most of the interviewers were very nice and friendly. All the questions were behavioral so there wasn't really anything unexpected. They seem to like diverse backgrounds but they still want to see that you're passionate about the job and the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

I received an email from Goldman requesting a resume drop. Applied online and heard that I was selected for final round interviews in Salt Lake a week and a half later. The interview process consisted of four back to back interviews of 30 minutes each. Each interview had two VPs with different departments. Questions were mainly behavioral, and it appeared your process of thinking a question over was more important than the final answer. They are also looking for a good fit, so they'll ask many questions to see if you would work well with their team. By the last few interviews it was difficult to keep the intense focus they are looking for, but that is probably part of what they are looking at as well. Received an offer about three weeks after the interviews. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly Questions to see how you think about processes. When was a time you failed in front of people and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Very simple process. You send cv and cover letter. within 2 weeks you'll get a response. You qualify for a first round interview. Which is very competency based. Why GS? Why Ops? strengths and weaknesses.. Core skills examples etc. Then you may qualify for a second round interview. Which is 3x 2 to 1 interviews with reps from ops. Again, very cv based, know your cv by heart. read everything you can about gs. know the share price. the ceo. recent mentions of GS in the news and your opinion on it. make an impact

Interview Questions
    • nothing really. everything really predictable. this is what makes it even harder   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

They recruit actively at my school, so a week after dropping off my resume I was sent an email to complete the online application. Two hours after I completed it (make sure you are very thorough and specific, there is a minor cover letter requirement which I recommend paying careful attention to), I was invited to Superday.

Hassle-free interview process (logistically), just follow instructions and reach out with any questions. HR is extremely efficient with communication. I only wish that their reimbursement process was faster, otherwise firm covers all travel, meal, lodging expenses.

4 interviews, 30 minutes each, back-to-back, with senior staff. Round-Robin esque. Interviewed alongside 7 other candidates (mainly from Ivy League/big-name schools, but don't lose your confidence). Interviewed on Wednesday, was given a phone call the following Monday morning.