Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 20 Sep 2014

2.9

143 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

Went in the superday interviews at the Jersey City office. Three half hour back to back interviews with VPs and MD. No technical questions just behavioral. Thought the interview went well but got a call saying they will not be continuing with my application.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

12 interviews over a 2 day period

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

3 in-person interviews with VPs and a MD, 2 company interview dinners. Asked basic questions like why GS, why ops, what is your 10 year goal, your background…etc. Last one was with a MD. I was asked to describe the image of Goldman, news that interested me recently and why.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us your experience that you made a significant difference in processing.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Saw them at the career fair and had an interview

Interview Questions
    • what was a time you made a process more efficient? tell me about your self.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First online application. No online tests involved. Then two rounds of face-to-face interview. Each last for about half an hour. All questions are behavioral type. No technical questions. Typical questions like why operations, why Goldman Sachs, teamwork, multi-task, conflicts in team, past projects, etc.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Most of the questions were about why I did want to go to Operations and why Goldman Sachs. They expected you to provide many examples on several skills. For example I was asked whether I knew the main tasks an operations analyst did and to provide an example on me resolving a technical problem.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an experience where you had a moral conflict. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Did the phone interview, went really well. Got an email few days later for super day at the ops headquarters in jersey city. The recruiters were very helpful. The email included a list of 3 opportunities I was being considered for. I was very well prepared, interviewers said I was over qualified for the positions. 3 30 min interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. Contacted the recruiter after waiting for 3 weeks. Got a call on the 4th week and didn't get an offer

First round-1 30minute interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you've had to break down complex info to convey it to others   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through OCR. Took a week to get the interview and another week to get a rejection email.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2014.

applied online at the end of Nov. 2013, received HR e-mail in the middle of Dec. 2013, interview took place on Jan. 7, 2014; 4 back-to-back interviews in SLC; HR called me a week later.

Interview Questions
    • if you want to do well, prepare following questions: 1. why GS 2. why operations 3. tell me one experience you have that improved a process's efficiency 4. asked lots of team experiences 5. r u always a leader or you have leader qualities

Go through your resume carefully, they ask deep questions on what you listed in resume. For example, i was an accounting major student, they asked "what is the most difficult formula you have used in excel?" "ranking 1 for best 10 for worst, how will you rank your excel skill?" "how did you review a financial statement?" I am pretty sure they just want to hear your logic, understand how you think.

Also be honest! In the first interview, they asked me "what is risk control?" I said i dont know but i could give a definition and example based on my experiences and understanding. After i finished my story, they were pleased and told me "we only hiring honest ppl, thx for being honest."
        Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!