Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014

2.9

147 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online and was contacted a few days later. They flew me out to Salt Lake City and I interviewed with them in person. Nothing they asked was unexpected or a curveball. It was a round robin of four interviews in 30 minute intervals.

Interview Questions
  • Rank the following in order from most to least important: Customer service, risk management, and efficiency   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Attended information sessions on campus, submitted application online. At the final round, went through four 30-minute interviews. Most of the interviewers were very nice and friendly. All the questions were behavioral so there wasn't really anything unexpected. They seem to like diverse backgrounds but they still want to see that you're passionate about the job and the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

They recruit actively at my school, so a week after dropping off my resume I was sent an email to complete the online application. Two hours after I completed it (make sure you are very thorough and specific, there is a minor cover letter requirement which I recommend paying careful attention to), I was invited to Superday.

Hassle-free interview process (logistically), just follow instructions and reach out with any questions. HR is extremely efficient with communication. I only wish that their reimbursement process was faster, otherwise firm covers all travel, meal, lodging expenses.

4 interviews, 30 minutes each, back-to-back, with senior staff. Round-Robin esque. Interviewed alongside 7 other candidates (mainly from Ivy League/big-name schools, but don't lose your confidence). Interviewed on Wednesday, was given a phone call the following Monday morning.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

2 rounds of interview
    Questions were very general, there were no guestimate questions. The questions were compatibility based questions.

First round included 2 sets of interviews

Second round had 1 set

I had friends who went for 3 rounds of interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

Went in the superday interviews at the Jersey City office. Three half hour back to back interviews with VPs and MD. No technical questions just behavioral. Thought the interview went well but got a call saying they will not be continuing with my application.

Analyst Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

12 interviews over a 2 day period

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

3 in-person interviews with VPs and a MD, 2 company interview dinners. Asked basic questions like why GS, why ops, what is your 10 year goal, your background…etc. Last one was with a MD. I was asked to describe the image of Goldman, news that interested me recently and why.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us your experience that you made a significant difference in processing.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Saw them at the career fair and had an interview

Interview Questions
    • what was a time you made a process more efficient? tell me about your self.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First online application. No online tests involved. Then two rounds of face-to-face interview. Each last for about half an hour. All questions are behavioral type. No technical questions. Typical questions like why operations, why Goldman Sachs, teamwork, multi-task, conflicts in team, past projects, etc.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2014.

Most of the questions were about why I did want to go to Operations and why Goldman Sachs. They expected you to provide many examples on several skills. For example I was asked whether I knew the main tasks an operations analyst did and to provide an example on me resolving a technical problem.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an experience where you had a moral conflict. How did you handle it?   Answer Question