Goldman Sachs

Updated 30 Jan 2015

3.2

253 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Submitted my resume online. received request for interview by email. had 7 interviews all in all with different people from the same department of different functions and positions.

Very professional people. Questions were majority about my resume (Walk me through your resume), my experiences, some basic questions (why goldman sachs and etc) and some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
  • was asked what i would do incase there was an outbreak of illness within the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Submitted Application -> Online Test (Didn't do really well) -> Phone Interview (30mins, talking about resume then answered a bunch of technical questions) -> On-site Interview(4*30mins, 1to1, group) -> Got Offer -> Background Check...

Accepted immediately

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Was pretty straight forward. Mostly behavioral questions, but a few specific to the market. Was asked to describe the current market, explain some stocks that interest me, and to pitch a stock.

Summer Analyst Interview

All of the questions are behavior related. They had a question list and just chose some from it. Such as:
    1. Introduce yourself
    2. Why you choose us?
    3. Your teamwork experience
    4. Your leadership experience
    5. specific detail of your resume
    6. If you have any questions,etc.

Nothing unexpected.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I got this interview opportunity through the on campus recruitment process of my university. It was a face to face interview by a current employer. No behavior question. The interview started with one cs question and one finance concept question, both are easy, and then there is a brain-teaser question.

Interview Questions
    • Flip a coin until either HHT or HTT appears. Is one more likely to appear first? Can you draw a graph to show it?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I was interviewed by 2 guys over the phone. They were both managing directors. The interview was overall very laid back and they asked mostly fit questions. It was about 30 minutes and pretty standard. Some market-based questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Which industry are you interested in and how is that market doing now?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Get the first phone screen, week later three phone screens in one day morning from alumni, asking basic question, and one with lots tech questions. Questions relate to most of behavior questions, long-term goal, why investment banking, why GS, current deal and discuss it whether it is a good deal, etc.Very professional and efficient.

Summer Analyst Interview

First round was a 30-minute interview with 2 people: one was a junior employee, the other was more senior. I received invitation for the second round in about a week. The Super Day consisted of 3-hour back to back 30- minute interviews with people in specific groups that were interested in hiring me.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Mostly behavioral and resume based questions.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied through a contact at my university. Took a few days before I was notified of an interview date. I had a phone interview which went well, but was not contacted for almost two months until I was invited to the Superday. The Superday was an all day thing consisting of multiple rounds of interviews with different teams within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Just some technical questions about valuation, etc. Asked about my view of where the market is headed.   Answer Question