Goldman Sachs

Updated 15 Nov 2014

3.2

228 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Submitted my resume online. received request for interview by email. had 7 interviews all in all with different people from the same department of different functions and positions.

Very professional people. Questions were majority about my resume (Walk me through your resume), my experiences, some basic questions (why goldman sachs and etc) and some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
  • was asked what i would do incase there was an outbreak of illness within the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Submitted Application -> Online Test (Didn't do really well) -> Phone Interview (30mins, talking about resume then answered a bunch of technical questions) -> On-site Interview(4*30mins, 1to1, group) -> Got Offer -> Background Check...

Accepted immediately

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Online application after meeting them at a job fair. After 3 weeks invitation to first interview in their office (30min), afterwards final round of interviews (3x30min). Did not have final round yet.
    First round was purely behavioural based but nothing out of the ordinary. Show confidence and have a good story or to possibly a laugh. They want to know if it would be pleasant to work with you.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through school, heard back about an interview within a week and had first round interview the week after. Recruiting for summer positions began in late October which is normally unusual for banks. Has a 1 v 2 interview with an Associate and a VP. Interviewers were very nice, especially considering I thought I would get interviewed by a jaded analyst.

Interview Questions
    • Had previous banking experience so all questions were centered around that. Mostly 1) walk me through a deal you worked on, 2) why did this multiple make sense to you?, 3) how did the company's multiples compared with precedent transactions?, and other questions of the sort   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied online, got phone interview invitation 4 weeks later. First phone interview was an associate, ask some fit question, and valuation basics: DCF, Comparable, Precedent Transaction, LBO. And I was told there will be another phone interview, and the interviewer will contact me. But nobody contacted me in like 2 weeks. So I sent an email, and got a reply several days later. Interviewed by a person in France time zone. Asked same questions.

Interview Questions
    • Some fit question, and valuation basics: DCF, Comparable, Precedent Transaction, LBO   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied through school career fair and got response a week later. Then a phone interview was scheduled. The interview was pretty nice and he first went over my resume, and later we did some Brian storm. They want you to know probability and statistics, but some intuition and insight points is enough..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The process was pretty standard. The interview was a mix of technical and motivational questions as well commercial awareness . The interview was a friendly process. None of the questions was difficult or unexpected. Technical questions were about how you would project company's FCF and how the company can boost its free cash flow. I was also asked some industry specific questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round: 2 interviews at satellite office. Second round: 3 interviews at London office. First two interviews were to determine motivation and general knowledge of finance. Second round of interviews consisted of a mix of competency and technical questions. In general questions were quite broad, ie.: what do you think of the business model of Facebook? Do you think the FED will raise the interest rates in the coming years?

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

On-campus interview for summer internship in Operations department. Two 2-on-1 interviews back to back, pretty standard behavioral/resume questions. Only one round of interviews, then straight to offer. Whole thing lasted about 40 minutes.