Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

216 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Submitted Application -> Online Test (Didn't do really well) -> Phone Interview (30mins, talking about resume then answered a bunch of technical questions) -> On-site Interview(4*30mins, 1to1, group) -> Got Offer -> Background Check...

Accepted immediately

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round: 2 interviews at satellite office. Second round: 3 interviews at London office. First two interviews were to determine motivation and general knowledge of finance. Second round of interviews consisted of a mix of competency and technical questions. In general questions were quite broad, ie.: what do you think of the business model of Facebook? Do you think the FED will raise the interest rates in the coming years?

Summer Analyst Interview

After application, phone call interview of approx. 30 mins, commercial awareness, work morale, why GS, why asset management, etc.

Second round interview in London, 3x 30 mins
    1st: two associates in office: same interview as on the phone, some questions related to material from my degree (economics)
    2nd: in-office webcam interview with Frankfurt associates: competency based, why GS, why asset management, some questions related to material from my degree
    3rd: in-office webcam interview with Frankfurt VP: competency based (strengths and weaknesses), educational background, hobbies, more relaxed than all of the previous ones.

Summer Analyst Interview

3 interviews in 2 stages, all F2F. They literally turned me inside out to check if I was capable enough. Asked me alot of technical questions, with rare but very tricky brain teasers. One thing is for sure, their Interviewers were damn good, compared to other tier 1 banks where I undertook the same process....

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied for the summer analyst internship program in investment management division. About 2 months later heard back from them to schedule for a phone interview. The interview was conducted as a conference call. About 30-40 minutes. Asked mostly fit questions and 3 or 4 of them were about general understanding about the stock market.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the chairman of federal reserve? Where is the SP500 at?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Sent resume to a campus recruiter, was selected for an on campus interview. The interview process consisted of two back to back 30 minute interviews. One was with two people and was mostly behavioral, the other was with one person and it was heavily technical. Since I am a finance student they expected a lot more knowledge of investment banking than any college student would know unless they had been studying investment banking concepts for months ahead of time. The interview was overall a good experience for me because now every other interview I have seems incredibly easy compared to this one! Also the interviewers were very nice and seemed to care about what I had to say, but I knew coming out of the interview I would definitely not be getting another one.

Interview Questions
    • How many grocery stores are in the United States?
      How do you value a company? Examples...
      Other technical questions
        View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

It was a superday in their New York office. All the questions were behavioral, capturing your personality and fit for the firm. That was probably because this was the Human Capital Management division. The interviewers were very courteous, I actually made it to the third round, but I got wait listed and eventually did not get an offer. It was nerve racking though to wait for hours to know if you had made it to the next round, and I wish they told those who did not make it in time, because they just sat there and waited indefinitely, only to be told to go home. They paid our way and covered lunch. It was a helpful experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to persuade people to accept your point of view?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Kept asking questions about probability and statistical stuff. The guy will not stop letting you solve these math problems until you fail at some point. The lady is quite nice and amiable, asked about team work experience and what I feel about team work. They asked detail questions regarding to your resume after the 'quiz' time.

Summer Analyst Interview

Barely a 10 minute interview. Seemed to be more of a chit chat than a question answer round. I thought they would be more interested in the kind of person I am, however they preferred to take CAs and CFA qualified people.

Interview Questions
    • How are the indices GS in registered on performing in India. The question took me by surprise. It was the last question I was expecting.   Answer Question