Goldman Sachs

Updated 9 Dec 2014

3.2

235 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Submitted my resume online. received request for interview by email. had 7 interviews all in all with different people from the same department of different functions and positions.

Very professional people. Questions were majority about my resume (Walk me through your resume), my experiences, some basic questions (why goldman sachs and etc) and some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
  • was asked what i would do incase there was an outbreak of illness within the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Submitted Application -> Online Test (Didn't do really well) -> Phone Interview (30mins, talking about resume then answered a bunch of technical questions) -> On-site Interview(4*30mins, 1to1, group) -> Got Offer -> Background Check...

Accepted immediately

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied for one of the Strats Summer Analyst seats.

The process started with a resume/application screen, presumably. I was notified quite soon after that I was to go through a phone screen/interview. Spoke with the interviewer about myself for about half an hour and was asked multiple programming, probability, and statistics based technical questions. Then we spoke on market conditions and the general direction of change in the Strats' roles at Goldman for another half an hour.

I attended a few recruitment seminars at my school. I don't think that they helped during the recruitment process except to prove to me that Goldman was at least worth doing a Summer Analyst position at.

Then I was scheduled for one of the Strats Superdays. There were a number of standard interviews, nothing surprising. Lots of technical questions similar to the previous ones. After the second round they cut more people and I was invited for the final round of interviews. These were less technical than the previous interviews and seemed more as though they were determining whether I'd be a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions
    • Almost word for word: "You start at a point on a circle with N points around it, and you move around the circle, skipping k points at a time. Tell me everything of interest about this setup"   View Answer
    • Given a basket of 5 independent stocks where the probability density function for the daily change in price of each stock is described by an N(0,1) distribution, determine the PDF of the entire basket.   View Answer
    No room to negotiate because it is a Summer Analyst opportunity.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Two rounds of interview. The second round will be with 2 different panels. Be prepare to answers how the experiences on your resume directly translate to finance or the internship.

Interview Questions
    • How participating in debate helped you make difficult decisions?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through my school's career website, received a request to do two phone screens with current analysts. After the interviews, which were mostly behavioral I was asked to fly out for a super day which has not happened yet. Questions were relatively easy.

Interview Questions
    • Asked whether or not I agreed with the price drop in oil and how I would trade comapnies involved in the industry.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I received my informational interview through the recruiting process at my business school, one of Goldman's core schools. After applying about 50 students or so received an informational interview. I received an invitation to first round interviews, which are yet to happen.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me to what different multiples I would use for different type of companies.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Very professional but a little cold. Pushed technicals pretty hard. Standard IBanking checklist of questions, behavioral questions were very much standard without any real surprises. I don't really know what to say beyond that.

Interview Questions
    • Seemed to push back pretty hard if there was uncertainty in technical responses.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Online application after meeting them at a job fair. After 3 weeks invitation to first interview in their office (30min), afterwards final round of interviews (3x30min). Did not have final round yet.
    First round was purely behavioural based but nothing out of the ordinary. Show confidence and have a good story or to possibly a laugh. They want to know if it would be pleasant to work with you.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through school, heard back about an interview within a week and had first round interview the week after. Recruiting for summer positions began in late October which is normally unusual for banks. Has a 1 v 2 interview with an Associate and a VP. Interviewers were very nice, especially considering I thought I would get interviewed by a jaded analyst.

Interview Questions
    • Had previous banking experience so all questions were centered around that. Mostly 1) walk me through a deal you worked on, 2) why did this multiple make sense to you?, 3) how did the company's multiples compared with precedent transactions?, and other questions of the sort   Answer Question