Goldman Sachs

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Submitted my resume online. received request for interview by email. had 7 interviews all in all with different people from the same department of different functions and positions.

Very professional people. Questions were majority about my resume (Walk me through your resume), my experiences, some basic questions (why goldman sachs and etc) and some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions
  • was asked what i would do incase there was an outbreak of illness within the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Submitted Application -> Online Test (Didn't do really well) -> Phone Interview (30mins, talking about resume then answered a bunch of technical questions) -> On-site Interview(4*30mins, 1to1, group) -> Got Offer -> Background Check...

Accepted immediately

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

After submitting documents online and passing an online psychometric test, I was called by an assistant to arrange a telephone interview. There was some confusion since my interviewer called me 15 minutes late, however was under the impression that she was 30 minutes late in calling me. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for three back to back interviews at the GS offices. The interview was unorganised and my scheduled interviewers were popping in and out to come from and return to meetings.

Interview Questions
    • If I gave you $1m, how would you invest it. Be specific with investment classes and justify your weightings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I got three phone interviews before a super day. The three phone calls were from people in different teams.
    After passing the first round interviews, I received the super day invitation. The super day included three conversations with three people.

Interview Questions
    • What's your biggest failure?
      What's your passion?
      What influence do you think the QE in Europe will have?

Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Meet with a number of people at offices. It was quite relaxed in that I waited in a room and they just came talked to me for about 30 minutes and then another person came in. They made me feel comfortable which was helpful for the ability to perform in the interview.

Interview Questions
    Very reasonable about allowing time to decide and they were happy to answer any number of questions that I had.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Applied through on-campus, 2-on-1 interviewed for CRMA on-campus with an associate and VP, then SuperDay after a month in New York with 3 - 30 mins rounds of 2-on-1 interview. Very professional but still conversational. Questions mainly revolved around my resume and past experiences, why risk?, why Goldman Sachs?, would I want to switch to a revenue generating division if given a choice?

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral and fit questions -- How does GS generate revenue? How would you evaluate the risk of extending credit to a startup firm? How would that analysis change for the same startup after 3 years in existence?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

A phone interview first, then the super day interview i guess. Just completed the phone interview today and got into the next step. waiting for details of the next screening process.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

Standard interview questions with behavioral-based interviewing questions. Overall an experience that was enjoyable and an interview that was not at all tedious, but interesting. The interviewer was very kind and asked questions that were guided and helped me a lot through the process. Expected time of interview was one hour but this took no longer than half an hour. I left feeling very confident and successful.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

I send an online application in December and they called me back at the end of January to interview three days after. I succeed in that interview and I am waiting for the next.
    The first interview was one to one and lasted half an hour, with an executive director of the securities division.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions about my CV, special my work experience that did not fit exactly with what is expected from a securities candidate. Which markets I follow. Probability question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

First round, one 2-1 skype interview. Mostly behavioral. Called back for super day at NY offices. A bit disorganized in the morning where no one greeted us for the interviews until 20 minutes after our scheduled arrival time (8 candidates were brought in). Had five 1-1 interviews spread across 4 hours (more people being interviewed than interviewers). After interviews we waited a while because one person was scheduled after everyone else finished their interviews. Called names of us four who advanced and brought us to another room. Afternoon consisted of conversations with senior management. Was weird because they made it sound like having additional questions in the afternoon was bad. Good interview experience, nice people but process could be more organized.

Accepted another offer