Google

Updated 21 Jan 2015

3.3

111 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I had three rounds of phone interviews. I made some mistake in the second round.

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Google in October 2012.

2x phone interviews with Software Engineers after a barrier interview with a recruiter. All fairly simple interview questions (cause intern), mainly technical. Spent a fair bit of time just chatting about what they did.

Interview Questions
    • Write a recursive function to calculate pascal's pyramid numbers. (Actually easy).
      Also open-ended knowledge questions.

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Google in August 2012.

The interview stage was composed of a phone interview and two one-hour coding sessions on a shared document.
    The phone interview included 2-4 general questions and about 8 technical questions.
    The coding interviews were composed of 2 programming problems and related theoretical questions
    Coding questions were as seen on websites such as codejam and ACM

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google.

The first question is atoi. The interviewer is nice and did not require me to consider the boundary case, e.g. Integer.MAX_VALUE, Integer.MIN_VALUE.
    The second question is "give a binary search tree and a target, find the closest number to the target".

Interview Questions
    • The questions are easy. But I was not properly prepared.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Referred by a friend. Get email from HR pretty soon. Scheduled three crazy interviews on the same day in the next month. Three guys from different teams interviewed me. Answered two questions for each interview in the first two rounds. Only answered one in the last one. A pretty new question, some thing like search common ancestors in several DAGs.

Interview Questions
    • Encountered a machine learning question, not coding at all   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

The process was pretty standard - 2 technical phone interviews. I waited 2 weeks for a reply. I am disappointed not because I was not made an offer but because of their attitude - I received an e-mail saying that I was going to be interviewed and 2 days later I received another saying that I was not going to be interviewed. When I asked for an explanation, they said it was because I was graduating the same year, which was clearly not the case as I indicated I was pursuing a Master's degree and I was only going to be available during the summer. I demanded to be redirected to someone in order to complain about this and they resumed my interview process. After each interview I was not given the opportunity to ask any questions, although the engineers were nice.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked technical questions associated with algorithms and complexity.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I had 3 technical phone interviews. Each interview was 45 minutes long. A few days after the interviews I received an email where the recruiter said that we can move to the next phase. The next phase was about waiting: a team had to choose me. Fortunately I didn't have to wait long. The 4th interview was with the host, it was approx 30 minutes long. The interview was about the project they are working on. I didn't get any technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were quite standard. They gave me a task and I had to code the solution.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

I got a referral at my university, the I applied online and HR set two technical interviews. Both interviews were very friendly and the intervieweer constanly help me but I think i needed more time to think.

Interview Questions
    • Dynamic programming question. But mostly everything was normal   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2015.

I submitted my application online, and emailed my school's recruiter to let them know of my application, and received an email about a week and a half later that they'd accepted me into the interview portion.

Interview Questions
    • It was the EP program so the questions were tailored to my level. Mostly database questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in December 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter 2 months ago. Then there was an initial phone-screen with HR. After that I was asked to fill a questionnaire about my background and preferences. Technical interviews were held at Google Hangouts - 2 interviews one by one. Interviewers were very friendly and ready to help. I don't know yet if I passed them or not.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about binary trees, bit representation, probability theory.   Answer Question