Google Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

89 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Google in October 2012.

2x phone interviews with Software Engineers after a barrier interview with a recruiter. All fairly simple interview questions (cause intern), mainly technical. Spent a fair bit of time just chatting about what they did.

Interview Questions
  • Write a recursive function to calculate pascal's pyramid numbers. (Actually easy).
    Also open-ended knowledge questions.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Google.

I had three rounds of phone interviews. I made some mistake in the second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Google in August 2012.

The interview stage was composed of a phone interview and two one-hour coding sessions on a shared document.
    The phone interview included 2-4 general questions and about 8 technical questions.
    The coding interviews were composed of 2 programming problems and related theoretical questions
    Coding questions were as seen on websites such as codejam and ACM

There were 5 interviews:
    -Outsourced Recruiting company (Cia de Talentos)
    -English interview with an outsourced english teacher
    -HR at Google (on site)
    -Manager Interview #1 (Hangout)
    -Manager Interview #2 (Hangout)

There is no silver bullet. You have to prepare yourself a lot, on topics like:
    -Logic thinking and critical reasoning
    -How Google makes money
    -Google Products, especially AdWords
    -Yourself: how does your previous experiences qualifies you for the job; how your values fits with the company's (there is no liying here. Literally be yourself, they will notice if you don't)

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of queries at Google's Search Engine in Brazil for the expression "English Language School"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in January 2014.

Two phone interviews, first was fine. However the second interviewer was very rude didn't take time to introduce themselves to me. Rushed into the coding problem and wasn't not interested in conducting the interview what so ever.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you look over the links that the recruiter sends you in detail.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Google.

The process was the standard Google process.

CV shortlisting > 3 rounds of interview > result

The toughest part is the period of waiting in the 3 interviews as the results come after all the 3. So I advice people to be calm and don't think about the previous interview as it's an objective decision. ie if 2 out of 3 interviews like you, you get the role.

Interview Questions
    • What different perspective will you bring to the company products ?   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google.

They asked me to interview with them, so I did. They asked me a bunch of algorithms questions. I answered them. They decided not to hire me. womp womp. It was all on the computer and rather standard for google. They seemed very machine like. I'm not a huge fan to be quite honest.

Interview Questions
    • I had a question about implementing memmove. That part was easy. Then they wanted me to make copies faster (than word at a time), in C, while still being ANSI compliant. This is impossible. I know plenty of non portable solutions in assembly. They didn't seem to understand that the code they wanted from me was not correct.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview Details – I applied online and hear back within a few weeks. Interview process took 1 month, I had 2 rounds of interviews. All interviews were over the phone, the interviewers were very polite and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Interview Question – Describe your favorite Google product . I talked about Google Maps.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google in March 2014.

1. CV online
    2.Google Fit Challenge: 10 easy questions to evaluate if your profile fits to Google's profile.
    3. HR interview (not from Google)
    4. 2 interviews with people from Google

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Accra (Ghana)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Accra (Ghana)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Google in May 2012.

Two on-site interviews and one phone interview

I did not negotiate.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!