Grant Thornton

Updated 25 Jan 2015

2.7

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2012.

Had 3 interviews and test:
    - Manager and HR
    - Partner
    - Partner

Interview Questions
    • Just talked a lot about my experiences and behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Administration Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2011.

has been get contacted with HR over the phone, very general questions. Then was set up a interview through the email the following week. Pretty standard interview questions, it was more likely a conversation than formal interview, mainly focusing on the firm and what they do. better be prepare to get familiar with your own resume and have talking points before hand.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions, like what do you do at your spare time? what did you do in your last job etc   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Would like to say I got an interview at Grant Thornton but I didn't. I received a message from Grant Thornton HR asking if I was still interested in the position I had applied for 2 months prior. I called back multiple times and sent emails with no response. I then received an email from Grant Thornton Recruiting saying that my resume was no longer being looked at. Highly unprofessional to call someone and never return a call back. I was even referred to the position by another Grant Thornton employee.

Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

For the Associate level, Grant Thornton generally hires through on campus recruiting. However, it is possible to meet hiring managers in different service lines by pursuing networking events such as professional organizations.

Interview Questions
    • My interview process had several fit questions one would expect such as: strength and weakness; provide an example of when you went over and beyond on a project; please discuss a time when you had to overcome diversity to accomplish your goal; what is your greatest accomplishment, and discuss; discuss any team projects you have (ties into other questions); On this team project, how did you manage someone who did not complete their assignment   View Answer

Senior Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2015.

The hiring procedure consisted of 3 rounds of interview. first was a one hour session with 2 audit partners and then a 30 min interview each with 2 senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was majorly behavioral and included questions from my past experience and expectations from a senior associate.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through an employee at the office I was interested in. I was contacted by the recruiter about a week later. Had a brief talk with her and received an email shortly after about setting up a phone interview with a manager. After that the recruiter called again and we were able to set up an office visit. At the visit I met with two managers and a partner. Received a call a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions from recruiter and manager were focused on location and background of the past few years. Office visit questions were very focused on how I would fit in and a large percent of the time was me asking questions.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

1st round interview on campus that went alright. The manager that interviewed me did not seem like I was the right fit for the role and kept talking about switching me to another practice, which she ended up doing. The process was also extremely drawn out and I was left in the dark. I had to follow-up with the recruiter (who is an angel by the way, shout out to her!) multiple times until I was told that I did not advance to the final round.

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in December 2014.

Started with on campus recruiting. Had one on campus interview, was brought into the office for the second round. Two candidates interviewed at the same time and the interviewers simply switched rooms. Office tour was nice. Said I'd hear about offer within the next week.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Applied to Grow with Grant Thornton Leadership program, interviewed, went to Grow with GT, interviewed with two senior associates. About 2 weeks after the program ended I received a call with an offer, then a few days after that received the details of the offer in an email.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see the globalization of the world impacting GT?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

First step is resume and application submission for first round on campus interviews. This process took less than a week. I interviewed with a manager and he asked me to walk me through my resume, then asked me 3 behavioral questions. After the on campus interview, I waited a week to be invited to second round office interviews. Definitely not a "small," "family oriented" or "entrepreneurial" culture. Grant Thornton was as close to Big Four as you can get without being at a Big Four. Don't get me wrong everyone was fine, but expect to be treated like one of many candidates. Also, everyone I interviewed with was more serious than friendly. Second round interviews are 3 interviews. Expect basic interview questions and behavioral questions. My second and third interviewers were easier, but the first interviewer from the moment I walked into his office did not seem approachable and friendly. Final decisions took more than 2 weeks, which was inconvenient for me so I decided to accept another offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do your experiences align with GT's values? How will you deal with creative accounting methods? How will you deal with the convergence of IFRS and GAAP standards? Tell me about something that you've been interested in lately?   Answer Question