Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

2.7

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Sydney) in March 2015.

Interview

Filled out the online application
    Received a call from their HR department for a quick talk about previous experience.
    Attended first interview with 3 other people. 1 person through VC.
    Completed online tests, 4 in total, personality test, mathematical, verbal & a patterns test.
    Attended second interview, with another 2 over VC, myself & a senior person in the room.

Overall, great experience, really friendly down to earth staff. Would certainly recommend to others.

Interview Questions

• How many people are at each interstate office?   Answer Question
    • Do you believe in Aliens? (Although strange to some extent, creates for a more enjoyable interview)   Answer Question
    • How to troubleshoot outlook not receiving new mail   Answer Question
    • 2 ways to map a network drive   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Melbourne) in April 2012.

Interview

Had 3 interviews and test:
    - Manager and HR
    - Partner
    - Partner

Interview Questions

• Just talked a lot about my experiences and behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Administration Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Melbourne) in May 2011.

Interview

has been get contacted with HR over the phone, very general questions. Then was set up a interview through the email the following week. Pretty standard interview questions, it was more likely a conversation than formal interview, mainly focusing on the firm and what they do. better be prepare to get familiar with your own resume and have talking points before hand.

Interview Questions

• no unexpected questions, like what do you do at your spare time? what did you do in your last job etc   Answer Question

Grow With Grant Thornton Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Tulsa, OK (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

One 30 minute interview with one employee. Very relaxed interview. He told me a lot about the position and asked very generic questions. The interviewer was very personable and seemed to care a lot about me and my interests. The recruiter sat outside the room and once I left she talked to me about my experience and was very upfront with when I was to be hearing from them on the outcome of the interview. Very quick turn around as I heard back 2 days later that I had been accepted into the program.

Interview Questions

• More about myself and what I wanted to do in the future than anything.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told me I got accepted into the program and I said yes to their invitation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Camden, NJ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was relatively smooth. Three rounds of interviews - over the phone with the HR recruiter and Director. Then in-person with Director, Partner, Senior Associate and a PM (contractor). Mostly behavioral questions except from the PM - he asked several technical questions.

Although the interviews were ok, I experienced a couple of issues -

1. The recruiter failed to provide details about the interview location and contact person. They also failed to cover expenses (tolls and parking). I'm also interviewing with a Big 4 firm and they provided a contact person at the location and also offered to cover my mileage to the interview.

2. I received no post interview feedback at all (for any round). It's been about a 1.5 weeks since the last interview and I reached out to the recruiter and got no response. Again the Big 4 recruiter provided immediate feedback after my Director interview.

3. I didn't receive any background info on who I was supposed to be interviewing with (GT Director and Partner). The Big 4 recruiter provided extensive bios on both the Director and Partner. It's nice to know a little something about who you're going to be speaking with so that way you can try and form a connection.

I guess those are the little things that a Big 4 more desirable to work for.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

One day single interview with two people. About 30 minutes each where they give a description of what the job would be like and how your position would contribute to the group. Give tour of the office, meet a couple people. None of the questions are too difficult, they love Excel skills and organization. Deadlines and attention to detail are important, they make this clear.

Interview Questions

• How organized are you? Describe how you are organized.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Interview

They just ask about general quetions, such as why GT, why this role. And then, it is about competency-based questions. It is a recorded video interview. So, you can choose the time you feel comfortable to do the interview. It lasted about half an hour. I would suggest to dress like the formal face to face interview and have a make up.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Standard online question process, followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests. 'Digital interview' test with competency-based questions, quite a surreal experience. This was followed by an assessment centre with involved a group case-study, followed by a partner interview about the case study and a final interview. Not as stressful as I expected, the final interview was particularly relaxed and I was able to find out a lot more about the firm.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a firm you have been particularly impressed with recently.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews, one with a Senior Associate and another with a Managing Partner. Both interviews were based off of my resume and interest in the firm, with some other typical interview questions as well. I got the opportunity to ask each of the interviewers questions about their careers and the firm.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met with two managers who were seemingly pulled out of the closest offices...asked very boilerplate questions, and I have not seen them since. At the time, there was no specific project for me to roll on to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, even though I had other offers.