Grant Thornton

Updated 9 Nov 2014

2.7

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2012.

Had 3 interviews and test:
    - Manager and HR
    - Partner
    - Partner

Interview Questions
    • Just talked a lot about my experiences and behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Administration Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2011.

has been get contacted with HR over the phone, very general questions. Then was set up a interview through the email the following week. Pretty standard interview questions, it was more likely a conversation than formal interview, mainly focusing on the firm and what they do. better be prepare to get familiar with your own resume and have talking points before hand.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions, like what do you do at your spare time? what did you do in your last job etc   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Initial phone interview consisted of casual conversation with a manager, followed by a few behavioral questions. Invited back for an office visit. More of the same, only in person. Met a partner, went to lunch with a few associates--nothing too difficult. Received my offer the following week.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Met GT at a job fair, everyone at the booth was extremely friendly and approachable. I handed my resume to them, and within the week I received an email inviting me to 1st round of interviews. I gladly accepted and met with a manager for an interview. Waited for about another week and received an invite to 2nd round of interview. This one lasted 4 hours, but it was a great experience! They really eased you into anything and I was never uncomfortable!

Interview Questions
    • They really just want to get to know you, so just be yourself. There weren't any questions I did not expect, they were just looking to have a conversation with you!   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I have gotten in touch with a recruiter and she set me up with a Super Day after a quick phone screen. The phone screen was mostly behavioral questions, so it wasn't difficult. At the Super Day, everyone met in their conference room where breakfast was served and everyone introduced themselves. A partner also came in and talked about future plans for the firm. The interview process was a breeze. It was 3 30 minute interviews with 1 break thrown in there. Again, it was mostly behavioral questions. After, the candidates were treated out for lunch with fellow associates and experienced associates. It was good to know them more on a personal level, without the professional mindset.

BAS Process Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

The interview process was very enjoyable. It began with a pre-interview dinner the night before the main interview. According to my recruiter, the dinner's purpose was to get the applicants more comfortable before the interviews, let the employees interact with applicants, and to let the applicants ask any questions before the next day. The following day interview took from 8:30am - 2:30pm. This consisted of two 30 minute interviews, followed by an hour of information sessions, lunch, and then a small panel of current employees to answer applicant questions about working at GT. The entire process was very supportive and encouraging.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. "What was a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Questions were very professional. Phone interview then in person. Very to the point. Responses were within a few days. Called to tell me that I didn't get the job.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Quick, responsive, and thorough. Very professional. The turn around was quick in all phases, and I was kept informed. The leaders were very forthcoming in the interviews, and the whole process was was professional.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I handled a difficult situation with a client and got it back on track to a success.   Answer Question

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2014.

Passed my CV in the front desk and was informed that a Senior Audit Associate with 2-3 years experience is open for job application. I was scheduled on an interview with the Audit Manager 2 days after. Interview went well. Many technical question where as specifically competencies on IFRS and IAS. At the end of the interview, the audit manager told me that they were looking for Senior Associate with at least 4-5 years of experience.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I had a first interview consisting of two 30 minute interviews with Tax Partners. I received an offer from a partner a few hours later. They invited me to do an office visit before I had to decide to accept or reject their offer. I went to the Chicago office and I was nice, but they are in the process of moving to a new office at a different location so my experience there is not as relevant. Overall it was a pretty fast and positive experience.

Chose a Big 4 Firm instead