Grant Thornton

Updated 22 Feb 2015

2.7

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in April 2012.

Had 3 interviews and test:
    - Manager and HR
    - Partner
    - Partner

Interview Questions
    • Just talked a lot about my experiences and behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Administration Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2011.

has been get contacted with HR over the phone, very general questions. Then was set up a interview through the email the following week. Pretty standard interview questions, it was more likely a conversation than formal interview, mainly focusing on the firm and what they do. better be prepare to get familiar with your own resume and have talking points before hand.

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected questions, like what do you do at your spare time? what did you do in your last job etc   Answer Question

Tax Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Applied online a while ago (experienced hire)
    Initial phone screen about thirty minutes, about one day or two afterwards got the office interview invitation
    Two partners and one senior manager in the office about three hours

Pretty casual and pleasant atmosphere. They mainly focused on the work experience instead of behavioral questions.

Try to be confidence, positive, and easy to talk to. Do not get nervous or stressed.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly about work experience
      None behavioral questions.
      Pleasant and casual

Answer Question

BAS IT Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through campus recruiting and was contacted one month later. As usual, one phone screening follow by a super day with three full time senior associates and directors. The interviews are all behavioral. Just make sure you know why the company, why the position, what you can contribute, know how to solve conflicts, know the position, know the company...

Global Mobility Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2015.

I got the interview with Grant Thornton through employee referral. After two days later recruiter emailed and set up a phone interview. We spoke for 30mins, she went through my resume and asked me some questions. She also asked two behavioral questions. Same day I received an email for her about the on-site interview.
    The on-site interview was a good experience. I was interviewed by a partner and senior manager. It was more like a conversational. The following week I got an email from a partner to offer me the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      Why Grant Thornton?
      Why Tax?
      Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a team member and how did you resolve it?
      Tell me about a time when you had too many things to do and you were required to prioritize your tasks?

Answer Question

Advisory Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2015.

Started off with a recruiter walking through all the benefits offered by GT Global Public Sector. I realize they aren't the only ones who do this, but I still don't know why they waste both our time doing that. 17 days PTO? 3 years to get vested in your 401k. That's GT's idea of interview foreplay, I guess. Anyway, a senior manager then took over and his description of the position only marginally overlapped with the position I thought I was interviewing for. Both were loosely related to federal financial award (grants) management. They were close enough to maintain my interest, so I rolled with it. I'd already gotten up early and drove the one hour to get there in -5 degree weather. He describes how everyone loves working there and nobody likes telecommuting. Seriously? This is Friday and it's -5 degrees outside. We walked past rows and rows and rows of cubicles to get to the interview room. I felt like I was being marched to the Death Chamber in prison. You could have filmed "Office Space" there. Or "Dead Man Walking". Not exactly a thought-provoking, critical thought-inspiring place. He continues. Everyone there is collegial, etc. etc. We bantered about our experience working with HHS grant programs. He does most of the talking. Asks no penetrating questions. Ok. I have an MBA and federal grants ain't exactly rocket science. I've got 20 years experience in grants compliance oversight management. I conducted about 70 on-site audits when I worked for the feds. Next person rolls in. Another "senior manager" and another description of the position. This one is a CPA and she wants an accountant/auditor because of the supposedly complicated financial compliance work they do. At this point I realized why these big consulting firms have high staff turnover rates. it would be difficult to work with this person....much less FOR this person (what can you say to someone who already knows everything?). The interview thankfully ended after 1.5 hours. Going in, I was jazzed about the idea of working for a big global consulting firm. Once I looked behind the curtain and saw the Wizard of Oz.....not so jazzed. But it's probably fine for college grads. Looks good on your rez.

Interview Questions

Let me qualify this answer: I preemptively declined. In other words, when my recruiter called me soon after my interview ended, I told him I was not interested in pursuing GT any further.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2015.

Interview by a partner, she was very nice. We talked about the internship position, the requirements of the position, and my location preferences. It was very casual and not intimidating.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Would like to say I got an interview at Grant Thornton but I didn't. I received a message from Grant Thornton HR asking if I was still interested in the position I had applied for 2 months prior. I called back multiple times and sent emails with no response. I then received an email from Grant Thornton Recruiting saying that my resume was no longer being looked at. Highly unprofessional to call someone and never return a call back. I was even referred to the position by another Grant Thornton employee.

Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

For the Associate level, Grant Thornton generally hires through on campus recruiting. However, it is possible to meet hiring managers in different service lines by pursuing networking events such as professional organizations.

Interview Questions
    • My interview process had several fit questions one would expect such as: strength and weakness; provide an example of when you went over and beyond on a project; please discuss a time when you had to overcome diversity to accomplish your goal; what is your greatest accomplishment, and discuss; discuss any team projects you have (ties into other questions); On this team project, how did you manage someone who did not complete their assignment   View Answer

Senior Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2015.

The hiring procedure consisted of 3 rounds of interview. first was a one hour session with 2 audit partners and then a 30 min interview each with 2 senior managers.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was majorly behavioral and included questions from my past experience and expectations from a senior associate.   Answer Question