Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2014
Updated 20 Oct 2014

2.7

FVS Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2014.

1st round phone interview by partner, very quick, he seems really busy and let me tell something about myself, then invite me to the on-site interview. only 10 minutes.
    2nd round on-site interview with 2 manager, 1 director and 1 partner, 30 mins each. Just talk.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions, more like common conversation, no difficult or technique questions.   Answer Question

BAS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

The process began with informal communication via email. Expressed interest and went through an on campus interview that lasted about 30 minutes. From there I was invited to the next stage and went through two rounds of interviews 45 minutes long after an office visit. A week later they made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult. Be prepared to ask questions because the second round of the office visit interviews will be 100% about you interviewing a manager or partner about GT.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Typical phone interview questioning, followed by a face to face. Interview with all managers (5) for 20 minutes a piece.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

1st round on campus, final round at NY offices. General behavioral questions. 2nd round had 3 separate interviews, each 30 minutes long.

Associate Interview

Campus interview which was all behavioral, then in the office for 3 thirty minute grill sessions from two managers and the practice partner. Pretty standard stuff, just a resume run through, career motivations, what you think you can do to add value to client work, etc. No business case or brain teasers.

Interview Questions
    No real wiggle room without another offer in hand

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

First I had an on campus 1:1, then on site for 3 1:1's. Everyone was very nice, and focused mostly on interpersonal skills, with a bit of technical questioning. The offer was made promptly after the interview cycle, within a week or so. Plenty of transparency throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer tried to drill in to a past experience, drawing parallels to the new position.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

In house interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and was a mix of small talk, questions like why accounting?, why Grant Thornton? why Vancouver?.. etc. Second round was a cooking class with roughly 30 other applicants. We cooked food in groups of 5, then ate the food in a business casual setting. No offer but was told I'm still in the running.

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I received an interview call through my interaction with GT professionals at a Career fair

Interview Questions
    • The first round of interview was behavioral interview and I was asked number of "Tell me a time when..." questions. Also, some time was spent on resume based questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2014.

Spoke with national recruiter, and was set up with phone interview in about a month. Phone interview was pretty standard. No unexpected questions. Be prepared to answer why GT specifically, and the specific line of business within GT you are looking in. Make sure to do research on the company, as well. Know your resume very well, and have talking points beforehand.

Accounting Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2014.

Called on phone after on line application. Set up interview, conducted interview. Told me that another person would call, never happened. Emailed later that that person was unavailable. They sounded interested but waited over 2+ weeks to send request for information regarding very specific experience in reference to a new government program. I could have provided the information, but the job had a shelf life of 2 years, decided that it wasn't worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly just chit chat, nothing technical or based upon my resume.   Answer Question