Grant Thornton, LLP

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through university recruitment. Initial round of interview was behavior questions. In second round of interview there were more technical types of questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a situation when there was ambiguities in you work and how you resolved them.   Answer Question

Rāwalpindi (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in June 2012.

Interview Details They had the most well designed system of hiring and the way they conducted the test.
Interview was very natural and they focus on the employees abilities as well as attributes. The environment within the organization was very ethical.

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details I began the hiring process by submitting my resume through the school's online career managment website. Most large and regional accounting firms attend Accouting Career Fairs during the fall, usually August/September. I approached Grant Thornton during the Career Fair and spoke with one of the recruiters. I had already submitted my resume on-line but I gave the recruiter a copy as well. I asked a few questions about the firm and what the culture was like. I also added a little background information about myself and why I was interested in the firm. Time spent talking to the recruiter at the career fair lasted approximately 5 to 10 minutes.

A few weeks later I received an email from my school saying I had been granted an on-campus interview. This interview lasted approx. 30 to 45 minutes. Most of the questions the interviewer asked were behavioral in nature, such as:
"Tell me about an experience you had working in a difficult team environment and how you handled the situation". We spent a few minutes introducing ourselves and getting to know a little more about our background.

2 weeks after the on-campus interview, I received an email from GT saying I had been granted an office visit. This interview lasted approx. 3-4 hours. I was interviewed by two people, had a tour of the office, and went to lunch with several people from the firm. Again, most of the quesitons were behavioral and the interviewers wanted to know why I wanted to work for GT. After the office visit was over, one of the Partners that I had interviewed with that day pulled me aside and told me the firm was impressed with me and I would be receiving an offer letter in the mail within a few day.

Interview Question – What do you feel is your greatest strenght and how does this skill translate to a professional services environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. I received an offer letter in the mail shortly after my office visit. I believe the offer was valid for 10 days and then would expire.

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in September 2008.

Interview Details I was greeted by one of the HR assistants and was given an interview schedule for the morning, as I was meeting with one of the partners, a manager, and a senior associate. The interviews were pretty standard, and I was asked about my previous work experience, the types of clients that I'd worked with, industries that I was interested in, and how I preferred to be managed. The interviewers were friendly, and I felt comfortable talking with them.

Interview Question – What do you bring to the table that is better than anyone else?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details Met with three people from the organization; seemed like a nice place to work! Most of the questions were about personality

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No offer.

Audit Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details The first interview was campus recruiting. The second interviews were 3 back-to-back interviews with managers. There was a pre-interview dinner at a hotel a day before the second round.

Interview Question – What three words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Audit Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in November 2011.

Interview Details The compnay is laid back.

Audit Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details Typical first round interview. Talked about my resume, and asked two behavioral questions. Did not get a 2nd round, but email encouraged me to apply again. Interviewer was very nice and he seemed interested. However, I could not go to the pre-interview reception because I had class, which could have affected the decision.

Audit Associate

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details Campus Interview with a senior manager. Very nice but serious about hiring the right person.

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in November 2010.

Interview Details This was a very good interview experience. The whole process was neatly done and very professional. Although the company is close to being Big 4, the staff and partners were very friendly and tried to make the interview as comfortable as possible. The only problem is that there's a lot of competition, but that's not the company's problem. It was a very easy going and fun interview. It's a buddy system where you shown around by an employee while the interview process is going on. You are interviewed by 3 people and then go to the lunch with the staff. Afterward, you have an ice cream social back at the end office and have an ending interview with one of the 3 people you spoke with.

Interview Question – What are your three biggest accomplishments that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grant Thornton, LLP