Grant Thornton, LLP

162 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Accountant Interview

Melbourne

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in April 2012.

Interview Details Had 3 interviews and test:
- Manager and HR
- Partner
- Partner

Interview Question – Just talked a lot about my experiences and behavioral type questions   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Cars Associate Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in December 2013.

Interview Details My situation will not be the same as yours so this question is irrelevant. I got this positon in the most non-traditional manner.

Interview Question – wasnt the questions, it was the quality of responses that were expected. It could of been as mundane as what do you do in your free time? if you anwsered biking, tanning, and skeeball, that was the wrong anwser. They want very detailed responses tha thighlight your chacter.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – short quick and easy.

Audit Associate Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in February 2012.

Interview Details Met recruiter at my university, submitted application online and scheduled the interview within a few days.

Interview Question – none, the interview was very conversational, just have something interesting to say about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in April 2014.

Interview Details The process for scheduling the interview was a bit hectic. I received an email stating the interview was scheduled for the next day, so I didn't have much notice. The interview process was straight forward. There were five 30-minute interviews with different managers. The process lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Question – If you were king/queen for the day, what job would you be doing other than this?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate - Healthcare Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details I applied through a university career fair and was scheduled for an in-person interview at my university shortly thereafter. The interview involved fairly straightforward questions about my experiences. The interviewer had my resume in front of her and was taking notes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Interview

McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in October 2010.

Interview Details Met with several partners for about 15-20 minutes each, as well as the lead Administrator.

Interview Question – There really weren't any - they were more interested in my work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy - they pay well.

Intern - Valuation Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in February 2013.

Interview Details 2 rounds of interview. Both are on-site.
The first interview was with the manager and basically went over the resume.

Notified a week later for the 2nd round. Met 4 ppl on-site, each with 30 mins.
First had a coffee chat with an associate.
Then met the senior manager and went over the resume again, asked me the details of the DCF model I used before.
Later met another manager and talked about the cultures of the firm and asked me about my soft skills.
Final one was a partner and talked about some extracurricular activities listed in the resume.

One week later I get the offer.

Interview Question – What is the worst class you have taken in college   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in October 2013.

Interview Details First round interview on campus, followed by office visit in New York

Interview Question – Nothing Unexpected. Mostly about resume and fit questions. Nothing Technical.   Answer Question

SLP Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details I went to the career fair at my school and met with the recruiter from Grant Thornton. That week, I got a call for an on campus interview for their summer leadership program. A month later I got a call from the recruiter asking me to come into their office for an interview for an internship instead of the summer leadership program. I have no yet gone to the interview but I have high hopes... therefore on my "did you get an offer?" I will put no because I haven't finished with this whole process

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant

Interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP

Interview Details HORRIBLE! I got an e-mail requesting a time for a phone interview. I replied an hour after i got the e-mail. NEVER heard back from him then found out the position was filled. At least have the courtesy to email me.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grant Thornton, LLP

Worked for Grant Thornton, LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grant Thornton, LLP interview questions and advice. All 162 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Grant Thornton, LLP employees and interview candidates.