Guardian News & Media

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Interviewed at Guardian News & Media

Interview Details I applied via the online form and then was informed about two to three in fact maybe four or five weeks later that I would have a telephone interview. The line was really bad, but I could just about hear them. There were two people on the line - the interviewer and a recent graduate employee. There was plenty of opportunity to ask questions and I promptly received feedback afterwards.

Interview Question – How have you worked together on a technical project with someone. What did you disagree on and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Hotdesk Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Guardian News & Media in May 2013.

Interview Details interviewed in corridor

Interview Question – ask what job i want to have   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

User Help Executive Interview

London, England (UK)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guardian News & Media in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied for the position from the guardian job site . 4 weeks after applying I received an automated response from GNM HR department asking me to use their online tool to set up the interview.
I was interviewed within 2 weeks by the hiring manager and other team member. The interview was very relaxed and I wasn't asked any difficult questions.
I received a response after 3 weeks stating that I wasn't successful. I contacted the hiring manager for feedback and she called me back to let me know that they simply d found an applicant that was a better match in terms of technical skills.

Interview Question – Have you have any experience in launching and supporting mobile apps?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Guardian News & Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guardian News & Media interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Guardian News & Media employees and interview candidates.