Guardsmark

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

2.6

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guardsmark.

The hiring process is the most ridiculous procedure anyone will ever endure. Having been former member of the US intelligence service, the Guardsmark is much more painful. If you are considering filling in the application process you must verify your life back to age 18 - employment, neighbors, residences, everything. Then they ask you more questions on your medical history. Not just a few but pages and pages and pages of probing and personal questions. YOu don't have to fill these out until they say they are going to hire you, so they dance around that HR issue. If you haven't gone home yet they let you answer a 500+ personality test - "When you beat your husband do you like it or just enjoy it?" Not really but it seems like it.

This is a great company if it was 1985. Paperwork by the Redwood forest and corporate HQ must review and accept everything. If you doubt how backward this company is just go check out their web site: www.guardsmark.com Your impression of the web site is exactly what the company is - stuck in the 1980's.

Interview Questions
    • The whole process but especially the multi-page medical questionnaire and the 500+ plus personality profile   View Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark.

Walked in originally and then called. Continued to follow up with them and received an additional 38 page application. Submitted it, then went in for two "interviews." They were both complete waste of times. From my detailed explanation below, you will see how I was treated unfairly and never considered for the job.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardsmark.

I was initially contacted by the relational manager by phone and asked to come fill out an application after I submitted my resume through Indeed. I came in and my first initial idea of the place was that it was swamped with lots of work and the manager I met seemed to lack the interpersonal skills of someone who would come off friendly. The office seemed small and somewhat cluttered and I was brought into the managers office. I was then asked a serious of questions and told about the situation and the job specific site. I was confident in my ability that I could handle the problems they faced and met with the main manager. He seemed like a great guy very relational, knowledgeable, and hard working after we chatted I began filling out a long serious of sheets that was the application. It included where I have lived and worked the last 7 years and six mandatory references I had to fill out so I complied. After that I was instructed to fill out a 300 question long personality test and then I was sent to the job specific site to interview with the manager of the account. I arrived and met the supervisor of the site who was very awkward in conversation and ungraceful in his questions he asked me. The account manager who was tall and poised was a relief to me that there was someone competent there. He asked me a serious of questions and we concluded.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I knew what I was getting at the time and was content with it.

Relationship Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Guardsmark.

First round interview was followed by a 40 page application (people complain about this but I'm not sure why, if you aren't willing to fill out an application then you probably don't want the job that badly), then three followup interviews on-site. There was a personality test that I found to be very interesting! The questions make you think and I had not previously been interviewed in this manner. The amount of interviewing that is conducted is impressive as they seem to screen very thoroughly for a match.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me why I wasn't the captain of an athletic team I participated on in college.   Answer Question

Security Officer/Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark in September 2014.

Went in to fill out an application, the first application wasn't that long. The usual questions were asked considering this is a security position. The first interview was short and the woman I spoke to was very polite and was straight to the point. The second application is a booklet that takes a very long time to fill out, be prepared to provide all of your siblings information I.E. address and phone numbers. Also be prepared with 4 neighborhood references that aren't in the same house or related in any way to you and 4 professional references as well.

Interview Questions
    The offer is flat out not really a lot of room to negotiate unless you have prior experience in this field specifically. Around $10 to start out

Security Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in July 2014.

The interview is ridiculous. I wish I had read reviews here on Glassdoor before showing myself at the first interview. Apparently they liked what they saw so I was invited for a second interview. What a disappointment . 567 questionnaire and some of the most intrusive questions about my life. I hate the company before I even start working.

Interview Questions
    • Asking me to provide a list of prescription medications I take is not acceptable.   Answer Question

I will not subject myself to a company that I intuitively suspect is abusive and unfair in its operations. I can find better employment elsewhere.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark.

Went for two interviews and I was being lied to.Drove an hour and twenty minutes wast of time.

Interview Questions

They would not tell me what was staring pay was and also they would not give me a written job agreement.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark.

An extensive background check was conducted after submitting a lengthy application. The interview consisted of fact checking and discussion of any experience that would have direct bearing on the position to be filled.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical question on character - adherence to policies if no one would know if you violated them in an interaction with a co worker.   View Answer
    An offer was made based on the starting wage provided by contract with the client company.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in January 2014.

13 interviews over 3 months -- still did not get the job. If you are not male, white and have previous law enforcement or FBI experience, do not apply. Everyone told me that I had the job until the CEO review. 13 interviews, psych eval, polygraph, 2 more interviews, medical and credit eval, and 8 references. Extremely invasive and not worth the time or money.

Security Officer Interview

The interview process at the time I applied was very detailed and thorough. If you have all your documents with you at the time of the interview, you will be sent out for drug screening and polygraph testing.

Interview Questions
    They basically, at that time, let you know what you would be doing, what your salary would be according to what site you are working at, and issue you your uniform.