Guess?

87 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in April 2012.

Interview Details Very simple, we ask you very basic questions, once you get to the end though make sure that you thank the interviewer for their time and you look forward to hearing from them soon. Also, we don't pay the best out there in the market but our discounts really make up for that.

Interview Question – Why do you wanna work at GUESS? ? & what's your retail experience behind working with jeans.
MAJOR QUESTION: What do you know about the company?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was really non negotiable, so its either you like your compensation or not.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details The hiring process was the basic layout I submitted my application a week and was called a week later they asked the usual Why do you want to work at Guess? What my availability was? What can I bring to Guess? Than the interview was done and they would call me if I got the ob. No call I was not offered a positon in August than 2 and a half months later they call me again and like would you like to be a seasonal employee. I agreed and left my old job. They thought I was crazy but I was determined to be a part time associate. I was hired as well with 20 other people and the holiday season ended and I was kept my SPH was the highest they have ever seen.

Interview Question – The most difficult is having another person next to you in a group interview and having to stare the spotlight.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in May 2013.

Interview Details Applied online, received confirmation via email from HR to schedule phone interview. Completed phone interview with HR representative and was invited for an in-person interview in DTLA at their headquarters. Arrived on time and was told to fill out paperwork and look around. Actual in-person interview was done by 2 people separately. It was mostly conversation based and trying to get to know you.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult came up, it really was all basic interview questions that you could google.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the hourly pay for interns is set as minimum wage

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details Interviewed with the district manager who simply asked questions about my work experience and what I did at my current job on a day-to-day basis. I was surprised as they did not go into any further details.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, very generic   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details Two in person interviews. Both happened quickly-follow up was great. Interviewer was interested in knowing me as a person and also my work experience. Spoke a lot about clientele and being sales driven. Also spoke a lot about conversion.

Negotiation Details – Ensure you are happy with the offer. So go in knowing what you want!

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details They asked for applications via an online resource. Once submitted, applicants that were qualified were called into the headquarter offices in Los Angeles where they were given a 20 minute interview to verify their qualifications. Candidates were given the job on the spot if they were qualified.

Interview Question – What is the best quality you can bring to the company and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Novi, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess? in May 2013.

Interview Details After turning in application, got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Went in and spoke to manager and filled out paper work. Was given a quick tour of the store and thought I would be asked to put together an outfit but I was not. Got a call that I was hired very shortly thereafter.

Interview Question – Describe your fashion style   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details Interview took place in store, comfortable atmosphere, one on one with manager.

Interview Question – All pertained to fashion and customer service, there wasn't a question out of left field. What are you're favorite fashion blogs was one that I found interesting.   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details Applied through the guess website. Was contacted by phone and conducted a short phone interview. Was then invited to come into the office for an in person interview. Met with hr and potential supervisor, also had to fill out paper application while there. Was then called back to meet the manager. Was then given a lap top to take an excel test. Not very difficult, basic formatting and formulas but there were some trickier parts with tables. I suggest reviewing your excel skills before coming in. Received a follow up call a few days later saying that they would be reaching out to my references and doing a background check. Was then offered position through phone conversation. Everyone I met there seemed really nice. The receptionist was sweet, the manager had great style and the offices were beautiful.

Interview Question – I was surprised I had to take an excel test.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Although I liked the people I met, I found another opportunity that paid more.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details What have you implemented in your current role that has positively impacted the company? Who is your favorite designer? Have you used any of your friends discounts in the last year? What is your management style? What is your scheduling experience? Why Guess?

Interview Question – What was your biggest opportunity at your last position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be courageous but thoughtful when asking, inform yourself.. DMs have a lot of control with pay scale..

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!