Guess? Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guess? (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was Great process. Fast turn around and Offer was immediate. Welcomed by the current employees and was already treated as part of the team. Was told what to expect on the first day and the ins and outz if the position during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are a good addition to our company   Answer Question

Ecommerce Marketplace Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bioggio (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Guess? (Bioggio (Switzerland)) in March 2015.

Interview

They called me to invite for an interview.
    The process took 3 weeks. There is before an interview with the HR and after another interview which is more or less the same of the first one (but with a manager).
    IT'S VERY EXPENSIVE GO THERE. SO ASK FOR A REFUND OR NOT GO.
    The managers are not nice, there is a woman which is very aggressive and they feel herself "verycool" but is not true.
    Be yourself, be always self confidence. Guess is not an innovative company.
    Don't show that you don't like work in the middle of nowhere or they will not hire you.
    It's very difficult get the place of Guess in Switzerland. I feel unconfortable they are very "old style" company. I don't recommend them to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Speak about yourself, what are you doing, how is working in your currently workplace.
      Speak about your cv, pasta experiences. What do you know about this position? DO you know how to use Excel? what to do you know on Excel?

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

The interview was very easy. I went in for an aplication and got an interview on the spot! I met a few of the managers and they were super nice.. The interview took about 15 minutes! The manager didnt ask many questions he/she just asked me to put together an outfit for a specific event and that was really it!

Interview Questions

• What can you do for the company that the other candidates cant?   Answer Question

Planning Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I got a call from HR a few weeks after submitting my application. She jumped straight into it and started asking me several basic questions- Why I was interested in working in retail/fashion etc. She then moved me onto the next round of interviews. I went into the office and did 3 interviews for 3 separate departments (CRM, Factor Planning, Retail Planning). None of the questions were out of the ordinary, however they do ask if you are familiar with using excel functions such as vlookups and pivot tables.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess?.

Interview

Detailed and straight to the point took a couple weeks but other than that i thought the interview questions were reasonable and expectable. I actually had a group interview so i got to see how the other girl answered the questions.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess?.

Interview

The first round was a group interview. It was really chill and kind of fun. The manager asked who we admired in the fashion industry and why we were wearing the outfits we choose. After that you got called for a one on one with the hiring manager to talk about salary, hours, stuff like that.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guess?.

Interview

It was a group interview (me and two other girls) held very early in the morning before the store opened. We filled out a form and were being observed to see if we were talking to each other. Manager came back and said that she hoped we got to know each other while we were filling out forms because we were going to have to state 5 things about the other person. She walked away and gave us 5 more minutes. After this she asked us what do we do, where do we see ourselves in 10 years from now. She was friendly, she observed what we were wearing, retail experience is a must.
    Of course she asked us "Why Guess?" ..
    She did not state how much they pay at this job (came to find out its $9 for NY locations, no commission.
    Then she stated what we would expect from us, it was a little harsh for one girl who never worked retail, i remember she said "Do you have any idea what you would be getting yourself into? This is not like (referring to the girl's current job)." i felt bad for her =/.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were fairly easy, there was nothing that stood out to me that i couldn't answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything ! =[

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

Interview

I applied in store about two weeks ago and they called me for an interview soon after. I studied a lot for this interview by using the questions here and came prepared to answer them all. However, once I got there the woman was really nice just asked me why I wanted to work for GUESS, made me fill out an application form with references and previous roles and now I'm waiting to hear back about a background check. Praying that I get it but the waiting process is the worst part. I'm only doing seasonal work though, so for the rest of you I'd recommend knowing the company and definitely studying beforehand :)

Interview Questions

• All I was asked is "Why do you want to work at GUESS?"   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ (US)

Interview

First there was a group interview, where a worker asked us questions like what are we most passionate about, what is one word to describe ourselves, and how would we greet a costumer. After this I received a follow up interview with the manager where she asked why I would be a good fit, what would I do if someone higher up was doing something wrong, what would be my selling strategy, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a negative shopping experience you've had and how would that shape your sales strategy?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

it was long - had two interviews but really not bad at all - I liked both interviewers - the first interviewer was a woman who would later be one of my managers - it was very quick and easy going and for some reason I just really did not think I got it at all - I was younger than most of the other girls around me interviewing and it was my first real job interview and I was nervous and thought I did bad but she called me back the next day and asked me to come in for a second interview - the second interview was almost 40 minutes (to me - very long for an interview) it was me and three other people - again, I really did not think I got it but then I got a called that I got it the next day and accepted the job! Another girl from my group also got a job.

Interview Questions

• we had to pick a piece of clothing from the rack they provided and try to sell it to her   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me how much with basically no allowance for negotiation

Work at Guess Share Your Experiences