Guess?

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details The hiring process was the basic layout I submitted my application a week and was called a week later they asked the usual Why do you want to work at Guess? What my availability was? What can I bring to Guess? Than the interview was done and they would call me if I got the ob. No call I was not offered a positon in August than 2 and a half months later they call me again and like would you like to be a seasonal employee. I agreed and left my old job. They thought I was crazy but I was determined to be a part time associate. I was hired as well with 20 other people and the holiday season ended and I was kept my SPH was the highest they have ever seen.

Interview Question – The most difficult is having another person next to you in a group interview and having to stare the spotlight.   Answer Question

Novi, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess? in May 2013.

Interview Details After turning in application, got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Went in and spoke to manager and filled out paper work. Was given a quick tour of the store and thought I would be asked to put together an outfit but I was not. Got a call that I was hired very shortly thereafter.

Interview Question – Describe your fashion style   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2011.

Interview Details There were many situational questions about talking to and dealing with customers - difficult, angry, etc. Asked behavioural interview questions like tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Explained the role and asked to go pick out and coordinate an outfit with accessories. There was also a phone questionnaire that had to be done with a number of yes/no questions.

Interview Question – Phone questionnaire was tricky because they would change the order of yes/no so you had to pay attention to the answers.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details -Talk about your past experience
-Tell us about yourself
-What do you consider a good customer service?
-Why should we hire you?
-Why guess?
We had about 2 minutes to go around the store pick up an outfit or just a product and try to sell it to the manager.

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details Friendly chat. Not anything difficult.

Interview Question – Who is your fav celeb icon?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess? in October 2010.

Interview Details I went into the Guess store at my local mall and asked for an application. They didn't have any on hand so the Assistant Manager on duty asked the sales associated on the floor to go in the back and print one. I filled it out and returned it that same day. I received a call the following day asking if I could come in for an interview. I was interviewed 3 days later with that same Assistant Manager who gave me the application. The interview was very casual. It was really just a conversation allowing him to get to know me. A lot of the questions were about my hobbies, school, past experience and availability.

Interview Question – I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay was set amount and hourly.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details The interview was rescheduled twice. The manager was not friendly at all. I was not comfortable talking to her. She also asked to walk to random people and make friends with them (awkward)..

Interview Question – Were else did you apply?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I don't like working with unfriendly people. It's always better to work in a good and a family alike group.

Interview Details Look the Part
The success of most retail stores is all about appearances: the look of the merchandise, the look of the store and, most importantly, the look of the people who work in the store. Dress for the interview in a manner similar to the people who work at the store. If you are interviewing for a job in a clothing store, wear the store's clothing. This tells a potential employer that you have not only done your research but also can speak honestly about the product to a customer.

Know the Product
If you don't have experience with the product or don't currently use it, do some research. Go into the store and take a look at their product line. This will prepare you to answer questions in an interview. For most retail job interviews, particularly sales, you will be asked questions about the products in the store. Visit the company's website to learn about their product history or new products slated to be released.

Show Who You Are
Retail is a fast-moving industry because there are so many competitors. Motivating a customer to purchase an item and return to your store can be difficult. Retailers are constantly hiring new staff due to high turnover. Show that you are up to the task by being enthusiastic during the interview. Allow your personality to show. Concentrate on your strengths; it's OK if you don't have experience in every area. For example, if you don't have an extensive amount of sales experience, focus on your customer service skills and your willingness to learn more about direct sales.

Sales Associate

I interviewed at Guess? in June 2013.

Interview Details I applied in person, got a call back a few weeks later. I went in that day, filled out an application, there were 10 other girls there (I did not know it was going to be a group interview) Anyway, the manager who interviewed us led us down to the busy food court and sat at a table where not everyone had chairs to sit... Not to mention, it was hard hearing everyone including the interviewer due to the loudness of the food court. The interview took one hour. Questions were like introduce yourself, your favourite brand and why, what do you know about Guess, favourite magazine and why, 3 words that describe you, questions related to stealing, scenario questions, role play questions, etc. Most of the girls fought to answer since not everyone had the chance to answer due to the amount of people and the limitations of time. By the end, you could tell who were the few who stood out the most. They also got called to stay back by the manager, which of course is obvious that they got hired. Everyone else would get a call back for a second interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult, typical retail questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details met at the mall and was very quick

Interview Question – what was the most difficult thing you ever did   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – no future

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!